Cass the Bold and Free Commitment Challenge

Hi Fellow Rebels,

this is my first challenge after lurking for over a year... time to get real! 

1. Nutrition:

• continue to keep my food diary, up to Day 30 now and finding it really useful. I actually do better than I thought. I do IF, so black coffee in the morning, and then 2 meals
  • continue to have one less alcoholic drink than I would have each day

2. Fitness:

• do the Bodyweight path 3x per week, and pass the Boss Test by the end of the challenge. Currently on Bodyweight Level 2A and 2B. I need to make a heavier grocery bag for the Farmer's Walk
  • Do a GMB session 3x per week when I do the bodyweight exercise.

3. Level up my Life:

• explore the Forum and the Academy more, and get comfortable and engaged. Check in 1x per week minimum, every Sunday
  • fill in at least one Quest in each of my Quest paths on nerdfitness.com. See if I can link those to this profile or find other people's quests to be inspired by. 
  • level my character up from 6 to 7 by the end of this challenge

Those should be feasible as several are continuations from the 6 month Prime trial goals I started. 

Good luck with all your missions too!

steampunk-3006650.jpg

• Like 5

"A fire-eater must eat fire, even if he has to kindle it himself." Isaac Asimov, Foundation

“Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything's possible again."  Marie Lu, Legend  

Follow my character or current challenge

Hello Cass and welcome!!  I love how organized and precise your goals are.  Great smart goals!

How long have you been doing IF?  How has that been working for you?  It is something I have never been able to hack.  I try and typically give up with in a week.

Hi Eir,

thanks! they are kind of boring goals, but I wanted to make sure I could do them.

I've been doing IF for almost 2 years now. I read Gin Stephen's book Delay Don't Deny and then joined the Facebook group specifically for people who have read the book. There is a general one but not very helpful I found. The book one kept me going!  Mind you, I was lucky and lost weight right away which not everyone does. I found a mantra along the lines of: I am eating! I am just eating my stored fat helped mentally.

http://www.ginstephens.com/

I haven't read the Nerd Fitness posts about IF so not sure what he recommends.

For me, finding IF was like a miracle, I just knew I would never do Keto as a permanent thing, or give up chocolate for ever etc, and this just resonated. Mind you, the first few days of no breakfast I thought I would DIE ( she explains all about that in the book) and for at least 6 months I ate MASSIVE lunches and dinners!!  I eat roughly between 12 noon and 8pm, often 1pm till 8pm, and have 2 full meals in that time. I have lost weight, feel so energized and relaxed as I know it is a long term solution.

I still comfort eat at times but at least doing it in the window means it isn't really a 'problem' in the weight way. I'm hoping The Rebellion will help me make my life adventurous enough not to need so much of that. 

"A fire-eater must eat fire, even if he has to kindle it himself." Isaac Asimov, Foundation

“Each day means a new twenty-four hours. Each day means everything's possible again."  Marie Lu, Legend  

Welcome! Nice challenge. What program are you doing in GMB? I love GMB! Right now I'm doing Mobius.

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Thank you! I have Elements, and Vitamin, and Integral Strength, and Mobility... but like this have never done a lot with it. They are all pretty challenging for me. I went though Vitamin once a year ago, so going to start with Elements, vitamin and Mobility! I've been doing hour long yoga sessions since March so that should be okay!

Wish me luck!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cass the Bold and Free said:

Thank you! I have Elements, and Vitamin, and Integral Strength, and Flexibility... but like this have never done a lot with it. They are all pretty challenging for me. I went though Vitamin once a year ago, so going to start with Elements now.

Wish me luck!

Have fun!

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I think replying is the way to add what I did:

today, NerdFitness 2A,  and GMB Elements, Vitamin (impossible but fun to try!) and Mobility. Feel tired but happy. Will see how stiff or sore I am in the morning and adjust if needed.

• Like 1

How are you liking GMB?  I dabbled once, but honestly never get it the chance it deserved.

[ Level ?? ]    Havoc, the Cyberpunk Outrider. 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

On 9/21/2020 at 9:58 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

How are you liking GMB?  I dabbled once, but honestly never get it the chance it deserved.

Similarly.... I got it then let it sit. They have improved it a lot recently with a better interface for the newer programs. This time, I was actually really enjoying it and the sense of exploring what my body can and can't do. I suspect they need to bite the bullet and move to an app as that is the current way to get people motivated it seems! I do like adding something like that to my practice as I really need more than just strength training. (Hope this works... not sure how to use the forum yet!)

This challenge is a bit of a wash out. After the first week, I hurt my back, and then had to fly from Canada to the UK where my father is seriously ill, not treatment really available. so now I am here in 2 weeks required isolation. So I need a boost to get back any motivation to be honest!

• Like 1