• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

9 hours ago, John Tao said:

I love the idea of intuitive eating! Definitely going to check out the book. So thanks for letting us know about it!
Just realised I've read your first post thinking it was your latest. That's a newbie for you. 😄
Nevertheless, thanks for letting us know about the book!

I highly recommend the book. It  does a good job of talking about intuitive eating, but also giving some guidelines.

😀 It takes a bit to get used to all the threads and how  to follow people, but I think you will find it worthwhile!

8 hours ago, KB Girl said:

You're definitely making progress! At the very least by laying a good foundation, but scale weight is also very fickle so who knows what might really be going on there. I really get the temptation of wanting those clean yes/no answers- who ever thought that calorie counting would be the easy way out right? but you're doing great and I think you'll be very happy to have done this work in the future. 

Thanks. Yeah, my scale weight has not really dropped, but I am fitting in clothes better, which is what I wanted. And I think my arms look more muscle defined, so that's a big win. Calorie counting- I feel like sometimes I do better with strict rules like calorie counting , so I can know whether I'm winning or not. Until my brain just rebels and says that's enough and I say screw it.😀 .

• Like 2

Did my kettlebell workout today. My plan was to do a ladder . 10 swings reps then 1 up EMOM, then when I got to 19 reps, do that twice and 20 twice, then back down the ladder, for 20 sets. I actually felt super strong still at about the 17th set, so I did 20 swings for the last sets. BAM! Went on a short walk with hubby. Then came home and did some yard work. It was a nice , sunny fall day. Cold in the morning, but light sweatshirt weather  by afternoon. After a bit of gardening, I removed the sweatshirt, and just worked in my t-shirt. Weeded the vegetable garden, and covered it with weed cloth . Putting it to bed for the winter. My chard is still growing, and my sage , and tarragon. I may cover them with a frost cover later.

I decided I want a bigger vegetable garden. Right now I have two rows, with a strip of grass in between. I'm going to cover the grass with cardboard to kill the grass. Then rototill in the spring, and woohoo more garden. I think I will get some cute fencing to put around it. That will maybe keep out the rabbits, and look cute too. I also want my garden to look more like a thing, a pretty, so I'm going to ponder on how to do that.

I haven't been looking at my guidelines in the morning or evening,. Totally forgetting about that. I have been thinking about some of them. And I have sometimes remembered to have a snack without screens (today I remembered, yesterday forgot)

Made meatloaf tonight. Didn't delay and went back for seconds, and now I feel a bit overfull. Next time I will delay a bit.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I actually felt super strong still at about the 17th set, so I did 20 swings for the last sets. BAM!

I'm feeling that one in my lumbar area

WhoppingGenerousGartersnake-small.gif

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I'm feeling that one in my lumbar area

WhoppingGenerousGartersnake-small.gif

It was more my glutes that were sending the hate mail messages to me.

Good day. 

Did my wall walks at the start of the challenge. PR of 3 sets of 3. And overall, much better form without being quite so tired. Part of that is strength,but most of the gain is from better form. I traded out pushups for dips. I've been struggling with dips. Last night, I watched Jim B. with a dip tutorial, and had an aha moment as to where my form was wrong. I wanted to try it today.It worked. I was able to do several dip almost unassisted. Just a toe touch at the bottom part of the transition. I also did deficit lunges. Next challenge I really want to focus on being able to beat the next boss battle.

I made banana chocolate chip muffins today. I had one as an afternoon snack.Sat down  and ate it while not looking at anything, just enjoying the snack and sipping on some tea. I will have one for snack this evening.

It was gray all day, and sort of rainy.Went on a short walk. I think 6,000 steps. Right now I have 8,000 steps.

Next week I am going to do a delaod. Same workout, just either half the reps or half the sets. I need to do this ever so once in a while.Writing it here so I don't talk myself out of it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

a short walk of 6000 steps might not be real short.... just saying! ;)

you did really well this challenge!!!! ❤️

Ha, yes, thanks for the reminder. Walking is o second nature to me now, I forget when 6,000 steps was a long walk.

• That's Metal 1

Review of the challenge

Tracking:

The book has  tracking sheet for skills and guidelines. It is pretty basic, and I will fill it out. The main skill I am working on is listening to my body’s hunger cues. The guidelines (not rules!) are things like putting my fork down between meals, stopping half way through the meal and assessing how full I am, and using my senses to think about the food

Also in the book, are journal exercises that have you think about your values( what I will from now on refer to as super powers) in regard to  food and fitness. I have two more weeks , so I will finish those. After that, each week (bonus for doing it on Monday) I will spend a few minutes reflecting on those super powers in the prior week, and how I might use them in the upcoming week. Not a long time, just about 5 minutes

I ended up adapting this to just looking at the guidelines and not writing it down, which I was semi good at, but also forgot. I think next month I'm going to write out the guideline and put them somewhere where I will see them every day

Cover the miles

One of the most effective ways for me to lose weight is to walk. I’d really like to do 10,000 steps at least 6 days a week. * Right now we are living in smoke land, so that’s on hold, but hopefully I’ll be back at it

I did pretty good at this, gets trickier now that the days are shorter

Plan for the Journey

Each week I will pick some of the main things I want to accomplish for the week, so I know what to focus on

I've been doing this goal for a while, but this challenge I struggled a bit with it. Seemed like this challenge went by at warp speed, and I didn't realize it. I did however buy a weaving loom, and made a couple of coasters, so creativity happened. And there was baking, and putting our garden to bed. I also was super consistent with the NF workouts.

One thing that went well last challenge: I struggled with wall walks, but kept working at it , and was able  to figure out how to improve- barely any negative self talk, just a problem solving attitude

To improve next challenge: Monday morning think about and plan my guidelines, and what I want to accomplish for the week

Super powers; Joy  and Self Discipline:

I used my super powers for my food and fitness.  I'm learning that when I have a craving for food, I have the self discipline to wait a bit and decide if I really want that. And I'm learning to take the time to sit and enjoy my food

• Like 3

On 10/19/2020 at 6:31 AM, KB Girl said:

Great challenge! 

I love the idea of expanding your vegetable garden :)

thanks. 

On 10/19/2020 at 8:16 AM, GoodDoug said:

I'm with you, this challenge felt like it flew by. Looks like you've made real progress this challenge!

thanks