makotoisle

armymbm

knightwatch

deareinverted

naruto4051

kahn265

Loyal

about rangers:

Rangers are a hybrid of Warriors and Scouts, built for strength AND endurance. A jack-of-all-trades but master of none, Rangers are well-equipped for any situation. Their weight training revolves around varying the reps, sets, and downtime to continually force those body to adapt to new situations. Usually Rangers follow a Paleo Diet, eating things that can only be found in nature. Thanks to this type of training and diet, Rangers have incredibly low body-fat percentages.

Primary attributes: Functional strength, adaptability.

Training: Lots of weight training but with minimal downtime (think crossfit and 300 training).

Real Life example: Gerard Butler in 300.

Okay guys, let's do this~! *runs in* LEEERROOOOOYYYYYYYY JEEEEENNNKKKKKIIIINNNNSSSS!!

Oh my god, he just went in there....

Actually, that'd be a good team name -

"Leeroy Jenkins' Commandos"

BTW - I think that being "Rangers", we should be doing some Hiking! For example, I'm actually going to be hiking with the missus this Saturday! Possibly doing some Geocaching with it. Just for grins, I may go with my weight vest.

Erm...I mean...I've been sent on a mission to investigate Sith activity. As part of this, I'll be locating drop points for other Jedi who are trying to quell Imperial Forces. I may need to wear body armor in case we need to fight our way out. As part of the test, weapons are forbidden.

I heartily support the name, as well as the actual rangering bit. Get outside! Though if you can't get anywhere to hike-hike, you can use this site for inspiration:

http://www.urbanranger.com/

Perfectly put:

It's idiotic. We've invented one class of machine to spare us physical exertion, and another class of machine to inflict it back on us again, but in an infinitely more boring, painful, and useless manner. We view it as the triumph of our age that work no longer means labor, that we can burn fossil fuel instead of living muscle. And yet we berate ourselves that we do not labor in our leisure time, that we do not spend our freed hours in the gym, that torture chamber that is only possible because the automobile and the escalator have saved us so much labor that the surfeit is killing us.

:D

If we're gonna go with Leeroy Jenkins, we'll have to defy the odds of 32.33 (repeating, of course!) and dominate this competition! Let's gooo~oooo~!!!

Leeroy Jenkins' Commandos, ONWARD!

Hmm, I'll try to work in a hike of some sort this weekend! Also, in the spirit of that urban ranger site, I'm considering starting a tradition for myself, Walk To Work Wednesdays. Wednesdays are usually my recovery/light fast/contemplation day, so that would fit the whole tone. We'll see.

Hmm, I'll try to work in a hike of some sort this weekend! Also, in the spirit of that urban ranger site, I'm considering starting a tradition for myself, Walk To Work Wednesdays. Wednesdays are usually my recovery/light fast/contemplation day, so that would fit the whole tone. We'll see.

I need to start doing this on my rest day (After thanksgiving, it'll be Thursdays)

Hi Team,

First of all, miko, you guys need to up your game to compete with the Uruk-hai :)

SECOND

You guys have a new team member. Everyone please welcome Loyal! I've added a link to his thread in the initial post.

Woot! Welcome to the team, Loyal. Just took a look at your challenge thread, and Spezzy's right, we've got very similar goals. I'm going for a 10 pound weight loss and a set of 10 pullups.

Let's keep each other honest! Looking forward to reading your posts, man.

Hi Team,

First of all, miko, you guys need to up your game to compete with the Uruk-hai :)

OK, in that case,

1. Here is an image I recommend for us (since they have one)

Posted Image

2. We need to have a unified goal (which I didn't see them having).

I still like the hiking group goal; although since we are all generally crossfitters, we do a named WoD once a week? Or at least have Chicken 3 times a week :D

Thoughts?

Ah true - i forgot about the snow up north. I wore shorts in the 70 degree weather yesterday.

I didn't get the "something I've never done before" yesterday - except enjoying a beer id not had before, which isn't that unusual as I like seeking out new beers occasionally (Three Philosophers; tastey)

Today, I think I may have caught what my sweetie has been sick with - I'm tired today! The fact I'm still achey from Thursday's WoD doesn't help. So, all I've really accomplished this weekend is picking up my KoDT issues, the newest Pathfinder RPG sourcebook, and a star wars trade paperback, watching Stargate, and some shelf painting.

*sigh*

I should have bought an axe and done some firewood chopping.

Hey guys! Glad to be onboard! Thanks for having me. :) 

I am so ready to kick some butt (mostly my own ;) ).

@ nightwatch

Wow. We do have very similar goals and from what I can tell, pretty similar builds. Although I'm only 5'10" and I think your a few pounds ahead of me on ur lifts.

Ur gonna have to harass me and make sure I post...cuz I tend to procrastinated a bit. :)

@ everyone else 

I think having all of us do something outdoors is great. Unfortunately, I also live in the north and it's a pain trying to any of the normal workouts outside.  Just today we had freezing rain. :/

I do plan on getting a weightvest and doing some snow trudging. I'll prolly do ice skating a ton too and I  might take up cross country skiing if I can get some cheap gear.

I'm really gonna have to play it by ear cuz you never know what the weather will do in these snowy states. 

Welcome Loyal!

Hi Team,

OK, in that case,

1. Here is an image I recommend for us (since they have one)

Posted Image

2. We need to have a unified goal (which I didn't see them having).

I still like the hiking group goal; although since we are all generally crossfitters, we do a named WoD once a week?

Thoughts?

That image is great.

A unified goal seems fine, although, I am not a Crossfitter. I will definitely try anything once, though.

Also, I am not that computer savvy, but I plan on uploading a video of my progress at the end of this challenge. There will probably be no sound though...

Heh, Gee Loyal, it looks like you are also an uber Star Wars fan as I am :)

How could you tell? :lol:

Whats even more geeky is that I first fell in love with it because of the Lego star wars sets. And wanting to be a Jedi is most likely what started me down the fitness path. WIN! :D

Heh, Gee Loyal, it looks like you are also an uber Star Wars fan as I am :)

How could you tell? :lol:

Whats even more geeky is that I first fell in love with it because of the Lego star wars sets. And wanting to be a Jedi is most likely what started me down the fitness path. WIN! :D

You and me too! Read how I've structured my weight loss journal!

I even initally looked into "Crossfit" because it's what used by many modern day warrior training programs and I thought that it would be the best modern day starting point for getting there.

Sign in to follow this