Starpuck - This One Finds Her Resolve

5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Flawless! Keep up the good work. Curious how the gp/items mechanic works, you might have forgotten to explain that part?

I just added it last night after thinking about it.     Basically, if I end up going above and beyond on a goal (extra beat saber, strength session or outside time) it can earn me extra looted gold.   That gold can be saved up for a healing potion or a res if I end up really flopping on the other stuff and need some health back!

2 hours ago, Jarric said:

Awesome job on week 1, well done! Your painting look great so far.

Thanks.  It's a great example of a lesson I need to learn over and over.    "Don't base success off of an unfinished goal."   So many times I hate how things look, until the picture is finally done.   That lesson really carries over to so much; ya know?   Give yourself time to learn, to progress, to try, fail and try again, because at the end of whatever you are doing - the picture is going to look much better than how you saw it midway through.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

Thanks.  It's a great example of a lesson I need to learn over and over.    "Don't base success off of an unfinished goal."   So many times I hate how things look, until the picture is finally done.   That lesson really carries over to so much; ya know?   Give yourself time to learn, to progress, to try, fail and try again, because at the end of whatever you are doing - the picture is going to look much better than how you saw it midway through.

That's a really good train of thought. I really need to remember that - often I don't feel like finishing things if they're not going great and actually I should wait until I see the finished result.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

Wise words!

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I love this quote! I'm going to have to remember this one!

• Like 1

Ah, today was not a good day for this one, no.    She had very good sleep, but as soon as training started, it was like a giant rat had bitten her tail and would not let go!  Every last thing was irritable, and it seemed like a good idea to this one that eating would take her mind off her troubles.   Alas, it was a bad plan for Tsaraji.

Work was just brutal again.   I am going to go to sleep very early tonight and try to just start fresh tomorrow.  Hot shower, good tunes, hearty breakfast and good worker bee mojo.     I ate like a total jackburrow today and my stomach is letting me know how very upset it is by that choice.  So, I start this week off with a minus on good tracking.   Crap.  Going to have to find a way to earn some extra gold this week.   I did get some beat saber in and have a little clip of the challenge my friend and I are working on.  

Day 1 Summary

Dual Sabers: ☑☐☐
Cat Claws: ☐☐

Rising Whirlwind:

Fighting Spirit: ☐☐☐

Elegant Courtier:

Indomitable: ☐☐☐☐☐☐

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Coming fresh off @Heidi's thread, this feels extra-wise to read somehow.

• Like 1

Ah!  Yes!  Tsaraji had much better day today!   You see, this one re-arranged some of her tasks, and she thinks it has made a great help.   

Following the adage of "garbage in, garbage out" - I opted to really focus on what was going into the brain at the start of the day.    I flipped it around to doing my devotional in the morning.  Since I am working from home this week, I read it with my sister too and it was super nice to start off with that on our hearts and minds, rather than news, or complaints about work or what not.    Work was blessedly less crazy today.  I so badly needed a day like that.   It has me feeling very much more recharged.    Got my strength workout in, had good foods, and am going to be crawling into bed nice and super early tonight.  Also very exciting, is that even with being less hyper focused on strength [Read: less consistent] I still am keeping up with pull ups.  Last week I did 4 sets of 8 reps.  Today I did 6 sets of 6 reps.   This might be the longest I have kept up with a goodly amount of reps!   I need to make my rounds on folks - will try my best tomorrow.

Day 2 Summary

Dual Sabers: ☑☐☐
Cat Claws: ☑☐

Rising Whirlwind:

Fighting Spirit: ☑☐☐☐

Elegant Courtier:

Indomitable: ☑☐☐☐☐☐

• Like 5

Wednesday was very bad for this one.   The work orders just kept coming and coming and poor Tsaraji could not keep up her spirits.   She tried to do some of her saber work but was so very sore from the day before!  Still, she got through some of her stances!  That has to count for something.

That brings us to this day!  Stress continues to burden this one's head.  The tension makes for  terrible headaches, as if someone were pulling this one's tail all day long.   Tomorrow, one more day and then rest of Tsraraji.  

Tally as of Day 4

Dual Sabers: ☑☑☐☐
Cat Claws: ☑☐

Rising Whirlwind:

Fighting Spirit: ☑☑☐☐

Elegant Courtier:

Indomitable: ☑☑☐☐☐

Because of the work from home uncertainty that started 6 months ago, and the fact that my already small company of just 12 employees is still working remotely (and will be until April) - means that I continue the one week in office, one week at home routine.   That alternating in and out is between me and my coworker Tina.  That's it.  We're the only CSRs to be in the office, and when we are there, we do all the paper running, faxing, POD collecting, filing, everything, for EVERYONE else.   Add in that we're all now taking our vacations, means the in office person is also covering someone who is entirely out.   It's been exhausting.   

Today I went out for dinner and so couldn't track, and well my mood has just been shite and I ate a lot of dark chocolate during work.    I also feel like the last bit of nice weather for the year has me craving meals out on patios (before we can't do that anymore) and some chill beers on the deck.   I am hoping for good sleeps, and a calmer day tomorrow at work.   There will be strength session number 2, and then weekend time.

• Like 6

This one has not done her Order proud this week.  More than a few times, Tsaraji did not block or parry against the attacks of her training sessions, and now she has bruises on her tawny fur.   She can explain!   This one had terrible headache almost all week and so did not want to strain muscles further.   Perhaps this new week, Tsaraji makes new schedule.  Does new things on new days, yes?

1OacH8y.png?1

Not a great week.  Clouds.  Busy work.  Stress.   General malaise, blah!   Quick to the 'frak it' mindset.    Headaches leading to not wanting to push myself, ugh.    I feel like this week could be better and I want to really dig in and give it a go for 100% plus!   I did get all my sabers in, and finished my latest art.  I also had a YouTube request from my friend's kiddos, so recorded a song just for them.     

le3OaaQ.jpg

Tally as of Day 7

Dual Sabers: ☑☑☑☑
Cat Claws:

Rising Whirlwind:

Fighting Spirit: ☑☑☑☑

Elegant Courtier:

Indomitable: ☑☑☒☒☒

Current status:

HP: 7/12

Damage dealt: 6!

Additional Rising Whirlwinds achieved = 1gp bonus loot!

Total Gold Owned : 3gp

Ye Olde Shoppe

Healing potion (1d4+1) 5gp

Scroll of Resurrection 15gp

• Like 8

Ah, another trying day for this one, yes?   But Tsaraji made it through and even kept her mood from hitting the dumps!  This is good!    First day of the week and she has started out on her best paw.   Good hope for the week to come.

Ugh!  Oh man.  Work is continuing to be brutal.   I need to just keep focusing and pushing through.  Also finding more better ways than just ESO to decompress is probably a good idea... hmm something to think on.    I counted a room rearrangement as my work out today - I totally flipped five pieces of furniture to new locations in my bedroom/office/living space lol - just during my lunch break!  Talk about speed moving!  Burned as many calories as a workout would have and it involved pushing and pulling, so yeah.    The new arrangement feels great too.   Now I am sipping my calming bed time tea, and doing some relic searching on game.   Then early bed.

Tally as of Day 1

Dual Sabers:
Cat Claws:

Rising Whirlwind:

Fighting Spirit: ☑☐☐

Elegant Courtier:

Indomitable: ☑☐☐☐☐

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

If it's boiled leaf juice it's tea.

If it's boiled tea leaves it's tea. If it's boiled mint leaves it's a mint infusion. If it's boiled nettle leaves it's nettle soup. If it's boiled book leaves you're a monster :P

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Boston seawater counts too.

I have no idea what that is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1