Emma endures

Emma

2 minutes ago, Emma said:

Been reading a book about riots and mobs, buildings being burned down, politicians vying for power, cheating, lying, making laws to favor friends, and rigged elections. 
Gosh, things haven’t changed much since Ancient Rome.

I think that's just what happens whenever a civilisation comes to an end. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

This was during Pompey's time, B.C.,  so Rome held on for a while longer.
Cardiologist looked at all my test results and numbers and said everything looks good. Then told me to schedule a nuclear medicine stress test and update my echocardiogram. I really regret telling my doctor about being out of breath. I am quite sure the problem was the heat wave combined with being badly out of shape. I’m going to cancel the stress test and echo. 
I am shamed now into trying to take better care of myself. These people are doing their damndest to keep me in good shape and I feel I have not been doing my part. I’m going to move the exercise bike in front of Netflix and force myself on it. I haven’t been walking because I am seeing creepy guy all over the place now. Currently trying to plan some healthier meals.

Nothing more to report. Except trying to kick myself into the shower. Two days off. I plan decadence and a ride. Weather is beautiful. 

• Like 8
12 hours ago, Emma said:

Gosh, things haven’t changed much since Ancient Rome.

Ancient Rome: How to Stop a Riot. History may not repeat itself, but it… |  by Alexander Yung | History of Yesterday | Medium 

Ah yes, the Roman Mob.  My history teacher like 10 years ago said that America would follow the same path.  Wonder where Mr. Redfearn is these days....  Probably has a bunker somewhere.

57 minutes ago, Teros said:

Ah yes, the Roman Mob.  My history teacher like 10 years ago said that America would follow the same path.  Wonder where Mr. Redfearn is these days....  Probably has a bunker somewhere.

People have been saying that since almost the founding of the US. The first volume of Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Gibbon came out in 1776, and people have been comparing the US to Gibbon's depiction of Rome almost ever since.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Almost got called to work, but saved because my phones were off. :)  I turn them into answering machines most of the time and just check once in a while.

Motorcycle ride was great, even if it was short. Went to bookstore, sewed a fit trial of the new dress using fabric from the free table. It fit fine (good job, Emma!) but it looks horrible. Blergh. And blood sugar too high and I don’t fricking know why. What I ate wasn’t that bad and I don’t understand it.
Lots of stuff to do tomorrow.

• Like 4

The style just doesn’t look good on me. The peril of sewing. I have a pattern I know works for me and will use the fabric I actually paid for to make it.

Woke up in a bad mood this morning because of bad fit dress and blood sugar not where I wanted it. Decided to be French and went to Starbucks for tea, croissant and a new book. Then went for a stroll around the town square, a mile. Felt better.

Still need my bike ride. Too hot right now, later.

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Emma said:

The style just doesn’t look good on me. The peril of sewing. I have a pattern I know works for me and will use the fabric I actually paid for to make it.

Woke up in a bad mood this morning because of bad fit dress and blood sugar not where I wanted it. Decided to be French and went to Starbucks for tea, croissant and a new book. Then went for a stroll around the town square, a mile. Felt better.

Still need my bike ride. Too hot right now, later.

all in all, any day that has "croissant" in it is a smashing success to me. 

• Like 1

Friday

uneventful

no walk, a little PT

only one exam at work.

Today

Did part of usual walk in the park where I live. Creepy guy was waiting on his porch and introduced himself. I’m going with mentally ill and having trouble keeping the situation under control. I deal with mentally ill people often enough at work that I don’t want to deal with them at home, on my time off. So no more walking down that street. 
Finished new dress and got compliments from neighbor. 

• Like 7

So I’m relaxing watching great British baking show when I realize there’s been an awful lot of air traffic. Yep. Fire. Five tankers, three helicopters on the job, flying out of the airport near me. So far I’m not concerned for myself, but if the wind picks up as was predicted...I’m taking my go bag with me to work. I shouldn’t worry, it’s only 1200 acres and they are on top of it.

i declared a pajama day today. Air smoky, no walk. Quite warm, should at least do PT before work.

• Like 6

And the 747 is here. It’s not real bad yet but they say it’s going to get worse.

It has to get through Calistoga and then over the range to be a worry to me, but last time, the Tubbs fire, it only took a few hours to cover that distance, 20 miles or so, and the fire dept wasn’t prepared for it to travel that fast. This time they got on it pretty fast. I know I’m just being paranoid (PTSD). But I’m keeping my go bag with me anyway.

• Like 5

Thanks, Deffy.

So it’s not the town of Calistoga it’s the area of Calistoga road east  of Santa Rosa, just found the evac map. And oops, again, I am one zone away from mandatory evac.
Posting here helps with anxiety and nervous energy, so I hope you guys don’t mind.

• Like 4