Rebel Pilot Gar - Battle Log

Hi all. Respawning under a battle log because this year the challenges have not been working for me.

I want to be active on the forums but keeping my own thread up to date drained too much energy from my  super-introvert self. Going to use this thread as a home-base to update on my quests and progress, but realistically most of my energy will be focused on checking in with my NF Coach in the app. 

My hope is that having a low-pressure home base in the battle logs will make participating in the forums less intimidating for me. That way I can hang out in the super inspiring threads of other Rebels :) 

What am I training towards?

• I want to participate in my first Tri-Sprint by this time next year (Swim: 750 m; Bike: 20 km; Run 5 km)
  • Global pandemic back-up plan is a self-run/virtual duathlon (Sprint distance - 5km run, 20km bike, 2.5km run)

• Like 1

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

Current Mini-Goals: Kind of working on a point-system here. So I don't need to do everything every day. But the more I do, the more "points" I get. Might try to work it into some kind of RPG game thing but will leave it at this for now. 

Nutrition Mini-Goals:

• Water - Drink 2.4 Liters water/day = 5 points
  • Bring Lunch to Work = 5 points
  • Serving of Produce = 1 point per serving, up to 5/day

Fitness Mini-Goals:

• Steps - 1 point for 5K steps; 3 points for 7.5K steps; 5 points for 10K steps (points do not stack)
  • Bodyweight Routine = 10 points
  • Cardio / Yoga = 2 points for every 10 mins (up to 10 points)

Life Mini-Goals:

• Decluttering/Cleaning = 2 points for every 15 min (up to 10 points)
  • Journaling / Meditating = 5 points
  • No Spending $$ = 5 points
  • Like 1

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

”Persistence without insight will lead to the same outcome.” [spoilers], The Book of Boba Fett

I did do bike 40km untrained before but I had a sore bum the next day. Do you know the water conditions and the route of the run? For me I would think the most problematic part of the whole thing would be swimming 750m, since I'm not a strong swimmer and resemble a fat whale in the water. Open water swimming is definitely out for me. 

The route for running you might want to check on elevation. 5k on flat ground is one thing, running up and down hills is another - if the actual route has elevation, you should train for it. Same applies to cycling as well though I admit when the going gets tough I hop off my bike and start pushing ><

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Mortimer said:

I did do bike 40km untrained before but I had a sore bum the next day. Do you know the water conditions and the route of the run? For me I would think the most problematic part of the whole thing would be swimming 750m, since I'm not a strong swimmer and resemble a fat whale in the water. Open water swimming is definitely out for me. 

The route for running you might want to check on elevation. 5k on flat ground is one thing, running up and down hills is another - if the actual route has elevation, you should train for it. Same applies to cycling as well though I admit when the going gets tough I hop off my bike and start pushing ><

Thanks for the tips! I have not picked a race yet, since a lot of local events are cancelled or on-hold. But I do have an idea of the terrain for many of the local races from running local 5Ks and Halfs.

The swim, like anything, I would just need to train for. 750m is probably about 45 min-1 hour of swimming laps in a half olympic pool, so working back up to that endurance. Honestly on their own, I am not too worried about the distance, just when all three are linked together into one event..... o.O

• Like 1

Weekly progress:

Weekday M T W Th F S S
Measurement Notes XP 9/21 9/22 9/23 9/24 9/25 9/26 9/27
Water 2.4 Liters 5 5 5 5 5 5 0 5
Bring Lunch to Work Goal: 4 days per week 5 5 5 0 5 5    
Serving of Produce 1 XP per serving 5 2 3 1 3 4 3 2
Steps 5K (1); 7.5K(2); 10K(2) 5 1 0 0 1 0 1 0
Bodyweight Workout 10 xp per workout. 2/week 10 0 10 0 0 0 0 0
Cardio / Yoga 2 XP / 10 min 10 4 0 0 6 0 2 0
Declutter / Clean 2 XP / 15 min 10 2 2 2 2 2 2 2
Journal / Meditate Goal: 5 days per week 5 0 0 0 0 2 0 0
Save $$ Goal: 5 days per week 5 5 0 0 0 0 0 5
Total Points     24 25 8 22 18 8 14

Happy 2021! 

Alright so that point system thing lasted for a week, then was too much effort to maintain. Not that I slacked on the goals - I actually feel I did fairly well with keeping a routine through the last 3 months of 2020 despite whatever other craziness was going on. 

Focus for Q1 2021:

1) MOVE (main focus)

• Mobility - Yoga with Adriene 30 day journey "Breath" (link) - Goal: Complete all 30 videos by March 31st 2021
  • Cardio - Use stationary bike or run outside for at least 30 mins 2x weekly - Goal: 90% adherence Jan 1st - March 31st 2021 
  • Strength - Starting in Feb, 1 strength session weekly (on Sat or Sun) - Mini-Goal: Talk to NF Coach  in Jan to set up workout . Goal: 90% adherence Feb 1 - March 31st 2021

2) NUTRITION (to be defined better eventually)

• Drink 2+ Liters of water /day (maintain)
  • Work up to 5 servings product / day 
    • Baseline = 2-3 servings/day

3) LIFE (secondary focus)

• Journaling - Work up to 5 times/weekly (at least 5 mins)
  • Sustainability - Goal: 0 plastic bags / 0 plastic bottles / 0 single use coffee cups
    • 2020 baseline = 50(ish?) plastic bags / 20 (ish) plastic bottles / 15 (ish) single use coffee cups
  • Read 1 real book (Sword of Destiny by Andrzej Sapowski) by March 31st 2021
  • Check in at least 1 more time before March 31st 2021

Star Wars Squadrons GIF by LOS 40 Guadalajara

Q1 Progress trackers:

Mobility: 30 yoga sessions

◼◼◼◼◻ ◻◻◻◻◻ 

◻◻◻◻◻ ◻◻◻◻◻ 

◻◻◻◻◻ ◻◻◻◻◻

Cardio: 2x weekly

◼◼ ◼◻ ◻◻ ◻◻ 

◻◻ ◻◻ ◻◻ ◻◻ 

◻◻ ◻◻ ◻◻ ◻◻ ◻◻ 

Strength:  1x weekly starting Feb1st

◻◻◻◻◻◻◻◻ 

Signature Archive for 2021 Respawn:

2020 Battle Log

2017 - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 || 2018 - 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

2019 - 19 | 20 | 21 | 21.5 | 22 2020 - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Archived Mission Log

Heading back to the challenge forums because battle log wasn’t enough motivation for me. Main goal for the next couple months is to transition out of treading water and take baby steps towards improving my daily routines. 

Key things I will focus on:

• Sleep schedule for both weekdays and weekend
  • Following scheduled consistent workout times rather than just “when I feel motivated”
    • but also finding what schedule works for me
  • Controlled/limited screen time
  • decluttering (and avoid buying things to fill the space right back up)
    • keep it simple (baby steps for challenge goals).
      Better to be boring but doable than a stretch goal that will send me ghosting from the forums for months.