• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Maggie-Miau

Maggie: *elevator music*

7 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Mia...

Yum the meal prep looks lovely and tasty!

Hope you get to the library, what is the book?xx

I think so too! :D it's different stuff to what i normally have, so it'll be nice to try something new ^_^

It's The Seer and the Sword, by Victoria Hanley! i remember very little about it except a few snatches of dialogue/events and the fact that past!me checked it out from the library so many times that the librarians teased me about it a couple of times :lol: i don't know if it's actually any good or if it's such that it'll still be enjoyable now that i'm older...but i really want to read it and find out. (ngl i'm also inclined to revisit other old favorites like Ranger's Apprentice and Warrior Cats XD Maybe i'll make it a challenge/goal to read one new-to-me book for every old favorite.)

---------------------------------

today! i've been cleaning stuff! my allergies were already acting up, and so now they're having proper fits. i'm all tired already so if i take an  allergy tablet i will surely be Knocked Out, which is no good at all since all my bedding is in the laundry XD i've also just about finished a half gallon of water, and have done a bit of exercise. actually cleaned the laundry room, which gets neglected more than any other room in the house, and it looks a lot better. broski's going to help me with the kitchen after he finishes his lunch. and ofc i've done a bit of work on the bedroom so...kind of plenty of work done so far. :3

there was something else i'd meant to mention but i've quite forgotten now so i'll just squeal over the fact that cat Chellers woke me up this morning absolutely demanding pettings and purring just about louder than ever, bonking his head against me every time i stopped petting him. he was very sweet :3

• Like 4

On 10/12/2020 at 12:54 PM, fearless 2.0 said:

*purrs joyfully too* :)

you are doing great!!!!! congrats! ❤️ hope your allergies get better soon!

Thank you :D i'm still a bit stuffy today but not constantly sneezing anymore, so very much improved :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TODAY:

i have done nothing but play some Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker 😛 last night was Rough, had an intense spiral...i did get myself out of the Worst Of It via grits and How to Train Your Dragon but i was still pretty drained and discombobulated today. Still have time for a workout and so will do that at least. Confirmed with Grandad that we can go to the library tomorrow. Turns out grocery day won't be until Thursday. nothing else going on. i do need to make some real food, though, as i've only had some cookies today.  👀

• Like 1

Hey Mia, people should use the word 'discombobulated' much more often i think!! :)

I hope you are feeling ok today, please eat a little more if you are able to? The lack of food may impact your emotions too ...

How exciting about the library, let us know if your book is available :D xx

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Mia, people should use the word 'discombobulated' much more often i think!! :)

I hope you are feeling ok today, please eat a little more if you are able to? The lack of food may impact your emotions too ...

How exciting about the library, let us know if your book is available :D xx

I agree! It's a good word ^_^

i did wind up eating some more yesterday ❤️ i had a bowl of grits for dinner :3 haven't had much today as i've not been home and didn't have time to eat before leaving, but i'm currently working on a plate of oven fries and avocado.

Scandal and outrage, the library not only didn't have the book, they've actually gotten rid of it completely! 😱 and were missing every single one of the books that i would've gotten instead DX granted i could've just browsed for something i've not read before, but i didn't go in prepared to make actual decisions :lol: i did find two cookbooks to check out, though! Rachel Ama's Vegan Eats, and also Sweet Potato Soul, so those will be fun to look through even if they're not exactly 'reading'.

also, as i was leaving the library, a giant nut of some kind fell out of a tree and hit me right on top of the head! 🤣

----------------------------------------------------------

today! right now just trying to eat my foods :3 it turned out grocery day actually is today, so i put in the order and it'll be here this evening :3 did i mention there was a snafu with the ballots? so now instead of actually voting 'by mail' we'll be going by the elections office on Friday to just get it all done there. i wonder if they'll give us an 'i voted' sticker... 😜 ( i was old enough to vote in 2016 but didn't get to bc i didn't know i could without a diploma u-u so this is my first time getting to vote and it's all very !!!!!! idk if we're allowed to talk much about it on the forums? but part of why we're trying to vote by mail instead of the polls is bc Rona and part is bc grandad is the only option for transportation to the polls and that would risk him finding out some of my views and therefore loving me less and questioning my salvation so...but i'm not in Despair over that this particular minute. Only some of the time. )

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Maggie-Miau said:

grandad is the only option for transportation to the polls and that would risk him finding out some of my views and therefore loving me less and questioning my salvation so..

It's none of his business how you vote, and at the same time I get why you'd be worried about it, because he'd ask and you don't want to lie. I don't like when people of faith think voting differently from them means someone is outside God's will. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It's none of his business how you vote, and at the same time I get why you'd be worried about it, because he'd ask and you don't want to lie. I don't like when people of faith think voting differently from them means someone is outside God's will. 

Yeah, it's really been weighing on me lately. It's most pressing with grandad, since he's fond of giving impromptu speeches about the supposed evils of certain groups of people and beliefs, without realizing that i am in many cases one of the people he's talking about. I know from experience that Discussion isn't an option but, like you said, i don't want to (and won't) lie if it ever does come up...although in more severe moments of frustration i also kinda just want to get a t-shirt or something with my stances emblazoned all over.

actually had a bit of a panic this past Sunday due to the mounting realization that it's pretty much that way at church as well. Momsauce and i found what's probably the best church available in our area, great ministries and all that, but i'm more and more aware of being a bit of a freak as far as Christians in the South go. But it's not yet come up as an actual discussion, so it's still that kind of, people assume that aside from the foundational beliefs i also believe x y and z politically, when in reality my religious beliefs inform my political ones in the complete opposite direction, which they all feel is Bad and Evil. Momsauce, who's been surprisingly super open to discussion about all of this, reckons i could talk to the new pastor (formerly Associate Pastor) about the whole "hey i'm pretty sure everyone here would think i'm going to hell if they ever actually get to know me" thing, but i'm not sure about just springing that on him and am lowkey terrified of the possibility of Ruining What's Been My Only Positive Church Experience Within Conscious Memory so that, too, has been relegated to "I won't lie about it if it ever actually comes up in discussion"

which was...a lot of rambling, sorry about that. i've Almost Posted About This many times in challenges past but have always deleted it.

( also ngl i am no innocent jellybean in all of this because i do get Very Angry about certain things and find many views incomprehensible and even evil and i have to forcibly remind myself not to be the exact way i don't like for other people to be )

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It's hard to feel you can't be yourself or speak your mind freely.

It is. It feels like i'm the one who has to stay quiet and avoid upsetting people, especially with grandad. I'm grateful to be able to honestly talk about things with momsauce and broski, at least, and of course the internet in general.

• Like 1

groceries arrived! everything was, shockingly, in stock this time around 🥳 however the store doesn't carry the right kind of kale, or gluten free pasta or wraps, so i'll pick those up on Sunday. There's...what, three days left of this Challenge? I'm a little in New Year mode already wanting to just start everything completely over 😛

so for the last three days, i will redouble my cleaning efforts, make sure to exercise each day, and maybe make a start (re)reading Ranger's Apprentice: The Ruins of Gorlan

( also i forgot! i actually did read a 'real' book this year! i did skim in some places but i did read Victor Hugo's The Man Who Laughs :lol: online....and only a couple months ago at most. completely forgot until now! Ha, i'll make a goal of actually writing down every book i read. )

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Maggie-Miau said:

people assume that aside from the foundational beliefs i also believe x y and z politically, when in reality my religious beliefs inform my political ones in the complete opposite direction, which they all feel is Bad and Evil.

Believe it or not, this happens to me a lot. My political beliefs don't fit neatly in a box, and I share foundational beliefs with people on both "sides" (when did this become about sides?? but that is a Rant), so they both think I am One Of Them when in fact I am not. I tend to do a lot of keeping my head down and avoiding talking about politics, or at least, staying away from the controversial issues. But if it helps, the few times people have asked me about specific controversial beliefs and I've told the truth, they haven't hated or disowned me.  :) 

FWIW, you're such a cool and awesome person that someone who would let your political beliefs get in the way of wanting you in their life, isn't the kind of person I'd like to think of befriending you anyway.  ❤️  I am 110% certain that doesn't help at all. But I think you deserve the awesomest and coolest of friends.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

when did this become about sides?? but that is a Rant

Yes! Exactly, that! It's one of my biggest "hey...wait a minute..." puzzlements, that Christianity seems to have become synonymous for a lot of people, including my grandad, with a particular political party. which just seems weird to me for a bunch of reasons. And it's generally presented as an Assumed thing rather than something that's up for discussion.

so they both think I am One Of Them when in fact I am not.

That's a good way of putting it, and also made me think of this:

tumblr_ml644coF5K1ra06hfo1_500.gifv

which is not really related but actually kind of is 😛

FWIW, you're such a cool and awesome person that someone who would let your political beliefs get in the way of wanting you in their life, isn't the kind of person I'd like to think of befriending you anyway.  ❤️  I am 110% certain that doesn't help at all. But I think you deserve the awesomest and coolest of friends.

it does help! thank you, Sky ❤️

• Like 1

Sorry you have a bit of a funk going on Mia. 

Sometimes i feel i come across a right idiot, im very left leaning politically, i despise the tories, and Trump, and everything they stand for. Awful awful 

Anyway, i sometimes get too worked up and angry and exasperated at people when they show a different opinion to me, i should work on that!!!! 

I hope you have had a nice day and i am so glad you are posting again xxx

5 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Sorry you have a bit of a funk going on Mia. 

Sometimes i feel i come across a right idiot, im very left leaning politically, i despise the tories, and Trump, and everything they stand for. Awful awful 

Anyway, i sometimes get too worked up and angry and exasperated at people when they show a different opinion to me, i should work on that!!!! 

I hope you have had a nice day and i am so glad you are posting again xxx

Hey Sal! ❤️ Idk if my vague comments are enough to imply as much so i was actually about to post this under a spoiler in case anyone wanted to Know, but....yeah, i am...further Left than my brother, who is atheist. (i'm sure there are Right-leaning atheists, too, but it was still a shock to realize)

it's hard not to get worked up and angry when a lot of what's considered 'politics' is about who gets to have rights and how it's acceptable to treat people. world's a messy, ridiculous place and humans messed up bad when they decided not to just be nice to each other.

i hope you have a nice day too mon amie! ❤️

• Like 1

TODAY:

🤣i have Once Again been Nerfed by an allergy tablet. ahhhhh i had to take one this morning due to Constant Sneezing and i did try to fight it! but got in such a way to have to go back to sleep. woke back up feeling like a ghost. have since had food and water though and am feeling better! kinda weak, but better! i also ordered masks! i've been just using a scarf, but have read that that's not a good option, so finally ordered a couple proper masks. one is sparkly and kinda rainbow (actually makes me think of the Rainbow Fish books?) and the other looks like something the Winter Soldier would wear. ngl i'm probably going to keep up the mask-wearing-in-public even if the pandemic ends.

as glum as some of the earlier posts might have sounded, i'm actually not feeling super depressed at the moment. kinda chill, kinda !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, kinda squirrel-in-an-industrial-washing-machine but. overall pretty good! haven't done any cleaning yet today but i have clicked into my schoolwork and will have a go at getting some done!

edit: actually have now fully crashed and burned but it'll be alright XD
later edit: i had some tea im good now, despite having failed to learn my lesson about caffeine consumption right before bed despite three consecutive nights of repeating the same error but i had a nap today it's fine

• Like 3

idk if this is actually worth posting about but i'm so....not really Upset so much as Confused and vaguely Amused and also Feelin StupidDumb and Confused and Baffled and just, basically this isn't an Upset or Distress Post or anything it's just:

i'm on my way into the store to check redbox (movie rental kiosk) and as i'm going into the store, there's an elderly gentleman coming out (through the 'in' door) on a motorized scooter and we make eye contact as we go to pass each other, at which point he calls to me and because i've learned Nothing, at any point, in my life, ever, i go over to see what he needs. what ensues is 30 minutes of him being very friendly and chatty but also holding my wrist, asking for my phone number, asking where i live and how old i am, offering to buy me a phone, insisting that i pull my mask down so he can see my face, and telling me he wants me to be his girlfriend.

shockingly enough that's not something i've had to deal with before and so i was scrambling to figure out how to say no without hurting his feelings (i did get out of giving him my phone number by saying i don't have a phone, which is technically true as my cell is non-functional and the housephone isn't mine) and half considered "I'm gay" as the quickest way to kill any interest he had but then i thought it wouldn't be appropriate and might be offensive to the actual lgbtqia+ community so then i spent about half a second trying to figure out how to articulate to a 64-year-old-man (he told me his age) that i'm Aro/Ace and whether he'd even know what that or such terms as 'pan-alterous' even mean and so that idea got scrapped and i wound up just awkwardly telling him that he seems Very Nice (to which he told me he is) but that I Don't Date and of course then he asked why and i was right back where i started. Hilariously, as he asked me to be his girlfriend, he actually said "I don't want to take you away from your boyfriend buuuuuuuuut...." and it still never occurred to me to lie and claim i have a boyfriend. which. i do have friends who are boys so it wouldn't have been a whole entire lie except that it would but still.

then he finally let me go into the store and he said he'd wait for me outside, but by the time i got out of the store, he was satisfied to just kind of wave goodbye and say it had been nice talking.

i'm not really mad at him as i couldn't tell exactly how he was mentally, and he wasn't being abrasive and i never really felt threatened as there were plenty of people around and i could've gotten away easily if it had become super necessary, and really the whole thing was no big deal, it was just my own awkwardness and fear of seeming rude plus the general total weirdness of the situation making it all more uncomfortable than it probably had to be.

ngl i really can't figure out how he decided to approach me to start with because i'm not in the bracket of what i'd think anyone who's... 30+ or straight would consider attractive. (not meant in a self-depreciating way. i could maybe believe a fellow late-stage-millennial registering me as Potential Match but idk, i just thought older straight men would want someone Obviously Woman™️ then again He Must Have Sensed Weakness would make total sense.

but yeah not real upset so much as "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH What Was Thaaaaaaaat" and ngl kinda bummed that the mask i ordered is pink because dang if i haven't already been slanting toward "my gender is classified information reserved for family, friends, and some close associates" and now i'm gonna have a neon She Indicator right on my face 🤣 ( i hope none of this comes across as too obnoxious and weird. i myself am rather obnoxious and weird but i hope not to be terribly annoying )

almost forgot: gif!

da6c8230303d17b0a469e5c2c6d686df.gif

• Like 1

Hey Mia, thats not good. Men have no right to keep you talking, and hold your wrist to 'keep' you there. Its not on and to take your anxious nature to delve in makes me angry on your behalf. 

Im glad you are safe and hopefully it wont happen again. 

Love to you xx

• Like 1

Sal is right, that man had no right to do what he was did, and he was all kinds of wrong. What he did was about him, not you. He tries that on everyone to see who it will work on. What made him go after you was that you were there. He had probably tried that with everyone else he saw that day too.

I'm sorry you had to go through that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Mia, thats not good. Men have no right to keep you talking, and hold your wrist to 'keep' you there. Its not on and to take your anxious nature to delve in makes me angry on your behalf. 

Im glad you are safe and hopefully it wont happen again. 

Love to you xx

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sal is right, that man had no right to do what he was did, and he was all kinds of wrong. What he did was about him, not you. He tries that on everyone to see who it will work on. What made him go after you was that you were there. He had probably tried that with everyone else he saw that day too.

I'm sorry you had to go through that.

You're right, both of you. His friendly demeanor made me feel like i'd be the rude one if i refused to stay and talk to him. He shouldn't have approached me like that. I will still give him some benefit of doubt in that he might not have thought he was being creepy or rude/may not have thought there was anything wrong with what he was doing, but nonetheless it was still inappropriate.

On reflection, the encounter actually did make me more uncomfortable than initially realized, which i feel silly about since nothing was ever going to come of it (would never have given my number or address or gone with him anywhere) and it's not like he was salacious or anything.

but anyway, thank you for the concern and the validation that it was Weird and Not Good! I hope it doesn't happen again, too. :3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today! Not done much at all...not very sure where the day went, really. not great on foods today, just fries and a stalk of celery with some hummus due to feeling too nervy (even before the Incident) to eat much. I've done great on water, though! >:D not sure what's on for tomorrow as it might be off to the City with momsauce for some errands or could be home all day in which case i'll do tidying and try to order Thinks for a decent Challenge.

• Like 3

you helped me by posting this story. when I was young men would do this to me all the time and I didnt know!!!! that this was not ok. so I suffered through it trying to be "nice". Even as a middle aged woman now I can learn so  much by reading here! BIG HUG! ❤️

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maggie-Miau said:

His friendly demeanor made me feel like i'd be the rude one

Remember, Evil can have good manners and good can be rude.  Think of all the Affably Evil villains in fiction.

Also see these following TV Tropes Pages:
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PoliteVillainsRudeHeroes

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GoodIsNotNice

Setting boundaries is not rude, it's perfectly normal. I suspect you have been given messages in your early life that boundaries are not ok, which is what makes it hard not to set them with strangers.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Remember, Evil can have good manners and good can be rude.  Think of all the Affably Evil villains in fiction.

Also see these following TV Tropes Pages:
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PoliteVillainsRudeHeroes

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GoodIsNotNice

Setting boundaries is not rude, it's perfectly normal. I suspect you have been given messages in your early life that boundaries are not ok, which is what makes it hard not to set them with strangers.

Thank you for the links! I love tvtropes :3 and you make a great point.
I honestly can't remember much of what i grew up with, only that childhood and teens were Very Confusing. I know my mother was definitely raised to always back down and not argue. Weirdly an incident does come to mind from childhood, where a random woman in a store approached and asked if i'd like a hug, and i remember not knowing whether it was acceptable to say no. Mom felt the same, unsure of how to handle the situation, so to avoid hurting the woman's feelings, she indicated that i should say yes. 🤔 so yeah i was initially uncertain but on further thought you're probably definitely Right.

6 hours ago, Salinger said:

How are you this weekend Mia? :) xx

i'm good! today has been all over the place, but overall a good day today! I feel good about tomorrow, too :3 i hope you've had/are having a good day too! ❤️

• Like 2

Heyooo...im at church rn, between services/Sunday school. Thinking i must work up the courage to speak with the pastor or someone soon about some of the things I've been wrestling with. Not meaning that in a miserable way, i just have many thoughts/feelings/concerns. Anyway

i got up early and did my exercise first thing, had a cup of tea and all. Camera work went well. Feeling anxious but that's not Bad, really. Challenge thread later i imagine.

Cat Chellers stepped on my face super early this morning and cut my nose with his knifey little hands XD

• Like 3