• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ladymorella

"And back again" Adventure

I'm sorry you had such a bad day, but it's good that you talked about it with your coworker. Good job on progress with the trip prep!

• Like 1

Wednesday:

Ride: 1/2  - No ride

Food: 0/2 - Most of my meats are in the freezer.

Water: 2/7 - I didn't track for some reason

To-Do: 3/7 - Finished up some things I needed to do

Side Quest: Bike 37.39 mi : Car 52.3 mi - no change

Thursday:

Headed out for the camping trip. Lunch was fast food then the rest was out at the campsite.

Ride: 1/2  - No ride

Food: 0/2 - Had fast food lunch and dinner was backpacking meal

Water: 2/7 - I didn't track. It was difficult tracking my water, the dogs water, and water for cooking cleaning.

To-Do: 3/7 - Nothing

Friday:

Full day at the camp site

Saturday:

Left the camp site midday

Sunday:

Ride: 2/2   - 16.72. Started off really slow. I didn't push it. I am guessing maybe a little dehydrated from the trip or I know I didn't eat all that much the last few days.

Food: 1/2 - I cooked up some meat and broccoli.

Water: 3/7 - 2.75 liters so far. I might get to 3.

To-Do: 4/7 - Worked on one of my tasks I need to get done by Tuesday.

I wasn't as prepped as I should have been for the trip. Come Thursday I still had a bit to do. So I ended up leaving a bit later than I would have liked. We got up to the area and the spot we were going to go to wasn't as it looked on the map. So we ended up at a nearby site and got the car stuck on a root. The shadows made it hard to see. So we had tried to put some branches under the tires for traction, but it was actually taking weight of the car. So we pulled the gear out, put up the tent, and then jacked the car up and put some rocks and logs under a couple tires so that root wouldn't be taking any weight again. Thank God I watch so much Top Gear or I don't know what I would have done. What a crazy start. By the time that was done we made dinner and it was dark.

I ended up only staying until Saturday afternoon. I decided I wanted to get back for my ride on Sunday. We had planned on backpacking, but when the trail we wanted didn't have any parking we parked at a nearby place and it was isolated so we just stayed there. I mostly just journaled the whole time I was there. We spent a little time wandering around, but mostly I just wrote. I ended up writing about 32 pages and I still didn't cover about half of what I wanted. Overall it was pretty good. It went by really quickly though.

I need to try to journal again at home. I got some more done today, but it's hard as I have things I need to get done.

Side Quest: Bike 54.11 mi vs Car 59.2* mi (adjusted) I put on an additional 298 miles for the camping trip. As mentioned I will except that mileage and see how it compares. All the camping prep mileage is counted. For about 2 hours Bike had beat car for the adjusted mileage. It was at Bike 54.11 and car had an adjusted mileage of 52.3. But I had to go to the grocery store. I'm actually surprised the adjusted is that close so soon. I thought it would be until November for it to have a chance of the bike winning.

• Like 1

That sounds like a wonderfully restful trip, aside from the car getting stuck at the start.  Remind me to invite you to my next road trip because I would have had no idea what to do.  The neck-and-neck bike/car race is exciting! Congrats on keeping it so close.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Kestrel Grey said:

That sounds like a wonderfully restful trip, aside from the car getting stuck at the start.  Remind me to invite you to my next road trip because I would have had no idea what to do.  The neck-and-neck bike/car race is exciting! Congrats on keeping it so close.

I'm always game for a trip. I was so upset I let it get stuck. But once I took a second to think it wasn't bad. For a bit with being so late, the spot we were going to go didn't exist then the stuck car it really started off poorly. Haha. But afterwards I was proud I was able to get it out.

• Like 1

Ride: 0/2  - No ride

Food: 0/2 - I forgot I had left overs from yesterday.

Water: 1/7 - 2.5 liters

To-Do: 1/7 - Worked on something I thought I needed for tomorrow, but it turns out I don't

Side Quest: Bike 54.11 mi vs Car 59.2* mi (adjusted) - No change

I was really struggling again today. Not sure what the issue is. I'm having a bit of trouble sleeping again.

On 10/13/2020 at 7:55 AM, Xena said:

I'm also impressed that you knew what to do with the car. Your trip sounded really nice 🙂

Seriously I only knew what to do after watching so many Top Gear episodes. I actually wonder if I would have even remembered if I hadn't watched the South America special that week from season 13 or so. Haha

On 10/16/2020 at 2:45 AM, Kestrel Grey said:

Hoping you got the sleep issues sorted.  That can throw you off your day very easily. 

Yes, indeed it can. I've always sort of battled it, but its been very resistant to anything I do lately.

Week of Oct 12

Ride: 1/2   - I was tired last week and it was hot. Or I didn't feel well and couldn't handle it as well? I only rode once last week. 12.6 mi on Sat. My knee was bothering me a little so I didn't go on Sunday. However I did walk 9 miles in two sessions. So I guess I did ok.

Food: 2/2  - I cooked simple meals a few times. I only did the veggies 2-3 times though.

Water: 4/7 - I didn't track my water well this week. When I feel bad I look and then see I haven't tracked water. So I'm not sure if related.

To-Do: 7/✔ - I did good on getting some things done, but none of the big things.

Challenge Wrap up

Ride:  8/8 - I didn't get the ride in last week, but did get an average of what my goal was. I did at least one 10 mile ride a week. I ended up riding 111miles in this challenge. I started slow and increased in a sustainable way.

Food: 9/8 - I ended up with an average that hit this challenge though I failed one week. Doing better on this overall.

Water: 20/25 - I did ok at the beginning of this, but didn't do so well after the camping trip. I need to work on this as it is a part of trying to track compared to days when I feel bad  to see if correlated.

To-Do: 24/25 - I had intended this to have 1 large task a week which I failed 3/4 times. Over all I did well on this though and I can see the difference at my house.

October Side Quest:

Bike 68.85 mi vs Car 96.9* mi (adjusted) I put on an additional 298 miles for the camping trip. As mentioned I will except that mileage and see how it compares.

This was an interesting way to try to motivate me to ride my bike. Actually if I didn't think my bike would have a high chance to get stolen I would be riding for any quick trips to the store. I'll have to see if I can find my bike lock. Man I miss the grocery store on the corner.

And because graphs are fun. All bicycle workouts that have GPS mileage

image.png.4d3e153f47ce514557c97c8eaf706286.png

• Like 2