• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hello.

I hope you guys can help or give me some pointers. First off about me, I am 47 and am small framed. I have always been active in some way. I used to go to the gym religiously but then started hitting a wall. Not sore after hard work outs, not seeing results like I used to, and now seeing fat that just wont go away. I have been back to the gym since covid and have gone almost every day since my gym re opened in June. I vary my exercise and try to do what I have done in the past because its always worked. Some days (my days where I'm not feeling like being there) I do the treadmill and then an ab workout. Normally my routine is legs MWF, arms Tu & Thu, I hit abs everyday. I occasionally throw in a kickboxing routine. I just recently increased my weights to as much as I can handle without my joints giving out, even with that I am not sore the next day like I expect to be. I know about muscle memory but not sure exactly how that my play into my dilemma. My diet is not out of control either. I don't typically eat things that are un healthy and don't drink alcohol on a regular basis. HELP!!!

Hi, as a 50+ year  old woman, I can tell you that the sad truth is, it does get a bit harder as you get older. Your body starts to lose muscle, so it gets really hard to put it on. Not to be discouraging, because that is all the more reason why we have to keep in the game. Not sore after work outs is a good thing. Your body is adapting and getting used to working out. Sounds like your body  knows working out is a good thing. If you look around at a lot of people your age, they are talking about all the things they can't do because they are too old. So, hooray for your body that it likes working out.

How are your period cycles? If they are irregular, you could be in perimenopause. Hormones are wacky during this time, and send stressors through your body, and it makes it harder to lose weight. Sounds like you are eating healthy, so that is good. One thing to try, is to actually work out a bit less. I know it sounds weird, but sometimes too much exercise just signals more stress to our bodies, and our body responds by holding onto fat. For weight loss, I think walking is great. It helps me burn off calories, but it doesn't stress my body.

Have you counted calories? Maybe for a week or two count calories. Just eat like you normally do, but track your calories. That will give you a good idea of where you are at and some changes you might make.

• Like 1

Thank you for your reply. My period cycles are normal, I’m on the pill. I haven’t counted calories. A few years back I had a hard time gaining weight and counted calories and all it did was stress me out, which in that case made me loose more weight.