• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zeroh13

Zeroh’s Return

Hi. It’s been a long time.

I go by zeroh around here. A short introduction: I’m a queer 33 year old vegetarian with mental health issues who enjoys hiking and video games.

For my challenges, I’ve made a little system. It has numbers. And stuff. There are 5 stats: strength, dexterity, constitution, sanity, and charisma. There are 5 difficulties: tutorial, easy, medium, hard, and nightmare. Difficulty = number of stats being improved during the challenge. Each challenge, also called mission, has quests. Quests give points, which are tracked in an app. And points are redeemed for loot.

Mission #1: Snakeskin *

Difficulty: Tutorial

Stat: Charisma

Quest #1: Scar Cream, daily. (5 points each)

Quest #2: Facial Cleanser, daily. (5 points each)

Quest #3: Facial Scrub, twice a week. (15 points each)

The idea behind this mission is that looking good increases your charisma. And you look good if you take care of your skin. My face needs some TLC. And the scar cream is for surgical scars. Doctor’s orders.

This challenge starts tomorrow, and goes until October 17th. Tomorrow cause that’s when the facial cleanser and scrub get here. So, 18 days.

Each quest has a max of 100 points. On top of that are bonus points for the longest streak in each quest. I have a list of charisma related loot, and how many points each costs. And I start with 30 points for making this thread. And to make the math nice.

An 80% overall success rate unlocks Easy difficulty.

I think that’s it. I’m trying to not make this a long post. Also, I’m mostly going to stay in my own thread. Cause I don’t wanna get overwhelmed. And I don’t particularly want to disappear again. Which I’d probably do if I get overwhelmed. But I will be posting random stuff in here a bit.

* The name comes from the Rina Sawayama song “Snakeskin”

• Like 6

So I figured I should list out here the loot and how many points they cost. Oh, and points carry over to the next challenge if I don’t use them! The points are based on how much the item costs. And you can’t get enough points to get everything at once. But you have options.

300 points: Screenshot track pants

275 points: Pusheen donut shirt

236 points: Face mask

222 points: Totally Rad T-Rex shirt

204 points: Eye cream

120 points: Neck gaiter

95 points: Neon beanie

60 points: anything from 5 below (store)

• Like 6

Good start. Earlier this morning I used the scar cream. Ideally I would be using this stuff twice a day. That will probably be a future goal.

The face stuff gets here sometime today. I’m not sure if it would be best to use it in the morning, or at night. I guess at night to clean off all the stuff that builds up during the day. 
For tracking I’m using an app on my phone called done. I downloaded it awhile ago when I wanted to cut down on caffeine. That didn’t last very long... So it had just be sitting around collecting digital cobwebs. I like it cause as you complete the goal, a bar fills up with a color. So a nice simple visual. And you just tap on the bar to add one. Very easy. And it has a widget so I don’t have to open the app to use it. (I’m on iOS, FYI)

• Like 3

Here is a recent photo of me:

A little more about me. I’m asexual and genderqueer. That basically means I’m not attracted to people. And that my gender is non-binary. I use they/them pronouns. Except at jobs and stuff I’ll use he/him.  Cause it’s just easier that way.

I’ve been vegetarian for probably about 8 years now. I stopped counting. I try to limit dairy. I most likely have a minor allergy to milk protein, probably whey. My dairy is basically cheese. And sour cream. I love it too much. 
I see a therapist and take medication for my mental health issues. The two biggest ones I’m currently dealing with are depression and c-ptsd. Which translates to low motivation, low energy, and anxiety. Another big thing, which is kind of sort of currently under control, is an eating disorder. So I need to be very careful with any eating goals. And to remind myself to not be a perfectionist.

• Like 6

Just got the face cleaning stuff. And went ahead and used the scrub. It looks like something from a spa! LOL It’s dark green and has the consistency of sand. It’s definitely exfoliating though. The directions say to use 3x a week. But we’ll see how 2x goes.

And a little side note, the cleanser and scrub are both vegan and cruelty free!

• Like 5

Okay, so I used the face wash. And now my skin feels extra sensitive. But as long as my face isn’t all red when I wake up, I’ll be good... I have sensitive skin, so it’s not always easy to find the best things to use.

So today puts me at 25 points, plus 3 extra points, on top of the 30 I started with. 58 points!

• Like 4

I used the scar cream this morning. And the face wash just now. I’m not breaking out, but my face does seem a bit sensitive to the cleanser. The closest sensation I can think of is how it feels when you touch a sunburn. But without the redness and peeling. It’s not too noticeable as long as I’m not touching my face. Which you really shouldn’t do anyway. I’ll give my face a few days to adjust and see if it gets better. If it doesn’t, I’ll look for a new one.

I have sensitive skin, and eczema. It sucks.

Anyways, my point total is now 70.

• Like 4

I’ve identified a challenge for these quests: “I’ll do it later.” Yep, good old fashioned procrastination!

It happened this morning with the scar cream. But I fought it. Barely. It’s gonna be hard to keep fighting it though...

• Like 3

Yep, wanting to procrastinate is here. In bed, half asleep, and part of me was thinking I should go wash my face before I fall all the way asleep, and the other part of me was I’ll do it in a bit. Took a little back and worth, but I did go wash my face. And now my hair smells like my face wash cause it kept getting in the way.

One of the sucky parts of trying to build a habit, is doing the thing even when you don’t want to. And I have a horrible time with doing things I don’t want to. And then like when my depression is bad, any rewards isn’t very motivating. And any I’m doing this because I have goals for what kind of person I want to be, feel way to far away for me to care about. It’s not at the point right now. But life is rough right now, and who knows how I’ll feel tomorrow or next week.

In short, I’ll starting this challenge good, but I’m starting to have doubts about how long I’ll keep this up.

Anyways, points are now at 82. 

• Like 3

On 9/29/2020 at 8:07 PM, zeroh13 said:

120 points: Neck gaiter

I read "neck glitter" and was confused about why it was so specific. Although it would be hilarious to walk around with glitter all over your neck and nowhere else (at least until it gets everywhere).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, fleaball said:

I read "neck glitter" and was confused about why it was so specific. Although it would be hilarious to walk around with glitter all over your neck and nowhere else (at least until it gets everywhere).

LOL And then no matter how many times you washed it off, you would still find glitter somewhere!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That settles it. I’m getting everyone GLITTER for the holidays!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I got myself to use the face scrub by using it after I took a shower. I might have scrubbed a little to hard though. Oops. 

I’m thinking for next challenge, if all goes well, putting all the goals for this challenge into one skin care goal. I need to keep tracking these things until they are a solid habit.

For future challenges, I’m going to focus on building habits. And not do anything with breaking old habits It’ll probably be easier that way. I might do a stay hydrated goal next time. Cause I’m almost always dehydrated lately. But I’ll have to remind myself that it’s not a “drink more water and less of XYZ cause XYZ is bad and needs to be avoided” goal. Just a drink water and whatever else you want to get that hydration up.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

One of the sucky parts of trying to build a habit, is doing the thing even when you don’t want to.

To which I respond "fine, I'll go get a pen and write in my journal" sigh.

"Has Used a Grinning Cat with a Top Hat as an Avatar"

My brain could not figure out what your avatar was supposed to be until I read that; now it is totally clear. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Whisper said:

"Has Used a Grinning Cat with a Top Hat as an Avatar"

My brain could not figure out what your avatar was supposed to be until I read that; now it is totally clear. 

Yeah, it’s someone’s take on the Cheshire Cat that I came across online.

• Like 3

Today was scar cream, face scrub, and face cleanser. That puts the points at 110. Aw, 10 points away from the neck glitter!

• Like 3

True story: 6 years ago I found a thing of glitter while cleaning my room and I had no use for it. So I filled one person's Christmas card envelope with it. Like filled and had to tape all the sides shut. She and her husband were still finding glitter all over their apartment until they moved earlier this year. 

tl;dr - I am a terrible person. :D 

• Haha 4

Today I decided to wash my face after coming back from grocery shopping. My face gets sweaty from wearing the mask, and people still don’t know what social distancing means. At least that’s what I see a lot of around here. It really makes me not want to go outside at all. And also wearing it on and off walking to and from the store, cause no car. So yeah, good time to clean up.

Does anyone here ever get dizzy before getting a bad migraine? I felt dizzy earlier today, and I can’t figure out why. And migraine is the only thing I can think of. Except I’ve never had dizzy happen before cause of it. My head does hurt a bit, but not so much I would consider a migraine. So IDK.

Oh, and my points are at 122.

• Like 3

Did you eat enough before you went grocery shopping? I thankfully don't get migraines, but there have been wayyy too many times in my life where I've been dumb and not eaten for one reason or another, and then got hella dizzy when trying to do physical things later. Walking to/from the grocery store and lugging your shopping could have done it in that case.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fleaball said:

Did you eat enough before you went grocery shopping? I thankfully don't get migraines, but there have been wayyy too many times in my life where I've been dumb and not eaten for one reason or another, and then got hella dizzy when trying to do physical things later. Walking to/from the grocery store and lugging your shopping could have done it in that case.

This actually happened before I went grocery shopping. For awhile I didn’t even know if I could manage it. I ate dinner last night, and then I ate leftovers after I got up. So I don’t think it’s lack of food. And sadly, lack of food wouldn’t make me dizzy anymore because my body got too used to it. Unless I’m literally about to pass out.

I had chronic migraines since I was in a accident last year and got a massive concussion. The migraines only started becoming a lot less frequent since this covid stuff started. Which could either be a coincidence cause my brain healing, or because I’m not around bright light all the time anymore. My living room tends to be really dim. Or I guess it could be both. The really sucky thing for me is that migraine meds do not work. So when I get them, all I can do is wait them out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

This actually happened before I went grocery shopping. For awhile I didn’t even know if I could manage it. I ate dinner last night, and then I ate leftovers after I got up. So I don’t think it’s lack of food. And sadly, lack of food wouldn’t make me dizzy anymore because my body got too used to it. Unless I’m literally about to pass out.

I had chronic migraines since I was in a accident last year and got a massive concussion. The migraines only started becoming a lot less frequent since this covid stuff started. Which could either be a coincidence cause my brain healing, or because I’m not around bright light all the time anymore. My living room tends to be really dim. Or I guess it could be both. The really sucky thing for me is that migraine meds do not work. So when I get them, all I can do is wait them out.

oof. That sounds terrible. :(