Return of RhiaWolfe

RhiaWolfe

Hello all, some of you might remember me. It's been a while. 

giphy.gif

I've been through a lot in the past year. Last December my mother passed away, Covid hit, I had to have surgery, lost a best friend, lost a pet, etc. etc. Things just add up. 

The long and short of it is, I'm the heaviest I have ever been in my life. I am an emotional eater and live a sedentary life. I need to change this. I feel out of control of my eating. I can't describe the depression I have felt at this. I have to start on the right path. 

I did NF Coaching for a little while and found that it really didn't help me any more than anything else I've tried. I quit when my husband lost his job due to Covid because I couldn't afford it anymore. 

I'm going back to the only place where I really was successful. Here on the NF forums. I know that we're towards the end of a challenge, but I'm going to go ahead and start one and continue it through to the next month. 

I could really use your support and motivation as I undertake this journey. There's been nothing in my life that has been as difficult for me as losing weight. With help, I know I can succeed! 

• Like 4

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Follows the Way of the Samurai

Previous Challenges: 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

Now for the Challenge!!!!

giphy.gif

This is going to be a simple challenge. Or at least it seems simple on the outside. Right now, everything seems difficult, so I think it's best to try and do something simple starting off. 

Goal 1: Eat a Healthy breakfast 

I will eat a healthy breakfast 4 out of 7 days in a week. I'm not going for every day because I don't know that it's attainable for me just yet. I'm starting smaller scale here. I hope to get to the point that I'm eating a healthy breakfast every day. 

• Like 3

Heroine of Time

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

5 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Welcome back! You've been missed, and yay, now you're back! Sorry that it's been such a rough year. 

Sending hugs

hugs.jpg

I appreciate all the hugs. Man, this has been a rough one. I'm trying to get through it. 

I definitely need to lose some weight though. At this point my goal is just to get back below 300lbs. I gotta start slow though. Not seeing results for a while is going to be tough, but I think I'd be setting myself up for failure if I just tackled everything all at once. 

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

On 10/8/2020 at 11:19 AM, RhiaWolfe said:

I know that we're towards the end of a challenge, but I'm going to go ahead and start one and continue it through to the next month.

yeah um hi, we prefer to just go ahead and make our own rules around here

On 10/8/2020 at 11:19 AM, RhiaWolfe said:

I could really use your support and motivation as I undertake this journey.

As always, you've come (back) to the right place.  B)

• Like 2

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

On 10/9/2020 at 10:17 AM, Maigs said:

Welcome back!

That's a helluva year on top of the COVID ridiculousness. Anyone would be struggling through that. I really like your plan to focus on getting mostly healthy breakfasts. Setting a good foundation habit like that is key I think

Thank you, friend! It has been a crazy year. 

I usually start with breakfast. A healthy breakfast starts my day on the right foot and encourages me to do better through the day. I haven't done great so far, but I'll get there. 

On 10/9/2020 at 9:05 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

yeah um hi, we prefer to just go ahead and make our own rules around here

Hehe, Truth! 

giphy.gif

On 10/10/2020 at 12:45 PM, fearless 2.0 said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Heroine of Time

Update 10/12/2020:

So, On Friday I was going to post an update but didn't get to it because work was soooooooo crazy busy for me. I didn't even get a break in my day! My weekend was pretty good. 

For those of you that don't know, I am part of my local kink community. I am on the board of my local dungeon and so I go to their events regularly. This last weekend was a party at the dungeon. It was fun, but my dominant was sick and so couldn't attend. I was disappointed, but am more worried about her. She was really upset about not being able to go and she's got a lot on her shoulders. She's worried she has Covid. She can't really explain why but she can't get tested. She can't bear to get something shoved up her nose. I think it reminds her of something from her military days or something. Anyways, I'm worried about her. Her mom is in the hospital too so now she can't go visit. My heart hurts for her and I hope she gets better soon. 

Otherwise, the party was a success and everyone had a good time. 

On Sunday I played a spooky video game with some friends:

header.jpg?t=1600451822

OMG is this game creepy! I have been watching different YouTubers play this game, but playing the game is so much more terrifying than watching it. My friend Desi and I were really freaked out but we had a lot of fun playing it. I can't wait to get to play again! It's basically a game where you are ghost hunters trying to prove ghosts are real by collecting evidence in haunted houses. 

So, that was my weekend mostly. Pretty good, mostly chill. I didn't really do much that was productive. I eventually want to overcome my laziness and be more productive, but one step at a time. 

And now for the Challenge Details:

Goal 1: Eat a Healthy breakfast - 0/4 Pending... 

I'm going to start counting this week rather than looking at what happened last week. This morning I got McDonald's for breakfast. Not super proud of it, but I still have enough days in the week to get to 4 healthy breakfasts. I'm going to the grocery store tonight to get food stuffs. I'll check in tomorrow! 

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

Yesterday was a pretty good day overall. After work I went home, watched some youtube, and played more Phasmophobia. I really like this game! 

Not really a lot to talk about. I'm having trouble getting up early enough to make breakfast. I keep pressing the snooze button. That's hard. I'm going to try tomorrow to not press the snooze more than once. It's going to be difficult though. I've gotten into the habit and it feels so good to go back to sleep after being woken up. 

Goal 1: Eat a Healthy breakfast - 0/4 Pending... 

Didn 't have time to make me a healthy breakfast. I ended up with McDonalds again. I might edit my challenge for not eating McDonalds or rather not getting fast food for breakfast instead. Find ways to do something at home even if it's not healthy. What do you think? 

• Like 2

Heroine of Time

On 10/12/2020 at 10:40 AM, RhiaWolfe said:

Otherwise, the party was a success and everyone had a good time. 

Sounds like something @Mr_Willes would enjoy....IF I WAS THERE! Muwhahaha! I'm thinking I would be the dominate in that relationship. He likes to be spanked.

2 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

What do you think?

I think... now bear with me, that you should prep WAY ahead of time. Make a breakfast quiche, or some egg muffins the night before and then all you need to do is warm them up in the microwave the next couple mornings. If I don't prep ahead of time, I get a little overwhelmed, so, maybe it'll help you too? I've included some recipes down below for ya ;) 

Breakfast Quiche

Breakfast Muffins

Also, GLAD that you're back. As you know, NF is such a good support group for trying to get back on track. Stick around and we'll help you however we can!

Wolf

• Haha 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

11 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Didn 't have time to make me a healthy breakfast. I ended up with McDonalds again. I might edit my challenge for not eating McDonalds or rather not getting fast food for breakfast instead. Find ways to do something at home even if it's not healthy. What do you think? 

I honestly find any of my breakfast choices are faster than drive thru. Granted, I don't eat meat so no making sure bacon is fully cooked :) I rotate though PB&J oatmeal, bagels w/cream cheese, bagel & egg sandwich, and yogurt with fruit and granola. None of them take more than 5 minutes and I can work on getting dressed while things cook

Wolfie had some good suggestions. You could do a breakfast casserole or sausage & egg muffin cups that you just need to heat up in the morning. And here's a pile of make ahead breakfast recipes.

20 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Sounds like something @Mr_Willes would enjoy....IF I WAS THERE! Muwhahaha! I'm thinking I would be the dominate in that relationship. He likes to be spanked.

I'm a switch so.... *grabs a paddle* Hehe... 

20 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

I think... now bear with me, that you should prep WAY ahead of time. Make a breakfast quiche, or some egg muffins the night before and then all you need to do is warm them up in the microwave the next couple mornings. If I don't prep ahead of time, I get a little overwhelmed, so, maybe it'll help you too? I've included some recipes down below for ya ;) 

Breakfast Quiche

Breakfast Muffins

Also, GLAD that you're back. As you know, NF is such a good support group for trying to get back on track. Stick around and we'll help you however we can!

Wolf

I'm not sure which I would have more trouble with... prepping beforehand or cooking in the mornings. Right now I'm having trouble being lazy and just not wanting to do anything. I may give it a try and see how it works out. I definitely need some healthy breakfast ideas! Thanks for the recipes! 

11 hours ago, Maigs said:

I honestly find any of my breakfast choices are faster than drive thru. Granted, I don't eat meat so no making sure bacon is fully cooked :) I rotate though PB&J oatmeal, bagels w/cream cheese, bagel & egg sandwich, and yogurt with fruit and granola. None of them take more than 5 minutes and I can work on getting dressed while things cook

Wolfie had some good suggestions. You could do a breakfast casserole or sausage & egg muffin cups that you just need to heat up in the morning. And here's a pile of make ahead breakfast recipes.

Wow! Thanks for the suggestions for prepped breakfast suggestions! I will definitely look into this. 

What I have been doing when I DO eat healthy is I saute some spinach then scramble in some eggs with bacon bits. It's tasty and not too hard to make. It does take about 10 minutes to make though and sometimes I just don't have that time. 

Heroine of Time

Yesterday was another good day and I will make today a good day as well! 

I had a pretty good day at work. One of my employees came back! Woot! Another one is back today! Woot! I had three employees out (which is most of my staff) so last week I was going crazy. Two were out due to Covid and one was out for a wedding. Glad to have some help again! 

Last night I played more phasmophobia with my friend Desi. It was fun! We're getting the hang of it a bit better now. I only died once! 

Goal 1: Eat a Healthy breakfast - 1/4 Success!!!! 

Woot! I did it! I had a  healthy breakfast and I didn't get something unhealthy afterwards! This is a big deal for me as I've had real trouble doing this. It used to be easy, but since I've fallen into my old habits, every good habit is a struggle currently. I happy I actually managed to make breakfast this morning! I made my spinach and bacon bits egg scramble. It was tasty. I meant to grab a banana on my way out too, but forgot. I'm starting to get hungry again... but at least I'm a step in the right direction! 

giphy.gif

Heroine of Time

I had another good day yesterday! I haven't had this many good days in a row in a while! Go me! 

Work was fine, nothing too exciting. I had a psychiatrist appointment and he wants to put me on a stimulant to help me with my energy levels and my appetite. We'll see... I'm a little wary. 

I'm trying to think of good ideas for my World of Darkness Game. I'm making it a Lovecraftian Horror game. It's been a while since I've run a game and I'm a little rusty. I think I"m also making my game a little too complicated too. I'm trying to give them too many options and plan for too many things rather than giving the illusion of choices and going with a long term story I try and drive them through. We'll see how it turns out.  

Goal 1: Eat a Healthy breakfast - 1/4 Success???

So... I'm not sure if this is a success or not. I think it's definitely a win, but not quiet reaching my goal. I did better than I have in the past. This morning I didn't have time to make breakfast again, but instead of going to McDonalds I had some heat and eat breakfast sandwiches. The calories were comparable to the McDonald's meal, but I made it at home and I didn't have soda with my breakfast, which cut back on overall calories. So still a win in my book. It's better than what I was doing. 

Heroine of Time