• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GMF

What better theme for my final full challenge of the year than that ode to modesty that is GMF by John Grant. 

My whole purpose in life is to be the GMF that I could possibly be, and all my goals are geared up for that. So this is a challenge to revisit my goals from the beginning of the year and see how I've been doing.

Looking back on my 2020 Battle Log, my goals were as follows:

1. Get Back to my Fighting Weight

I wanted to do this by not eating out, cutting calories and eating more ethically sourced ingredients and well, I did actually do this but not at all for the reasons I imagined I would. The pandemic put a stop to me eating out, since February, the only food I have eaten that isn't pre-packaged or made by myself was a cupcake and honestly, I couldn't get Covid Coughs out of my mind while I was eating it so I doubt I will do that again. The lack of grocery delivery slots and the decision to shield over the summer so I could provide care to my parents meant the only source of nutritious food was my bougie organic fruit and veg subscription so I did that too. Nevertheless, I am very far away from my Fighting Weight, and it isn't possible for me to hit it without amputating something which seems a little shortsighted, so instead I am going to work on getting as low as possible by following the plan I have been doing for the last 2 1/2 weeks which is going swimmingly. I am currently on 100%. Trying to stay on 100% is the general theme of this goal, but I just want to end the year below the lowest weight I got to in the year which will mean dipping a little lower so I can get a bit fat over Christmas. 

augustus gloop gifs | WiffleGif

2. Take Good Care of Myself (Physical Branch)

I wanted to take the necessary supplements to make me healthy and I am taking supplements so I guess yes? I can't say I have spent the year taking good care of my physical branch, because I spent a lot of it drinking beer, eating biscuits and sitting on my arse during furlough and do I look better? Well I think I look marginally worse than I started the year but I seem to be getting my inner glow back so more of that. I want to be positively fluorescent by the end of the challenge. 

Glow GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3. Take Good Care of Myself (Mental Branch)

I wanted to be less messy and I think I have done that actually. I do get the odd floordrobe but it's usually because I can't decide what to wear in the morning so I throw my clothes about when I have taken them off in favour of other clothes but I tend to tidy it up as soon as I get back home so win! I also wanted to find a new job because I thought I might give my notice and LOL I actually did but after a bit of convincing I withdrew my notice which was a really really good move because if I hadn't, I would have been furloughed during my notice period and now is not the time to be looking for a new job. Things have improved massively since then and I am much happier. Not as happy as I was this time last year, but considerably happier than I was at the beginning of the year. There are no real goals for this as I will not be looking for a new job by choice any time soon. Given the ratfucked state of the economy this decision may be taken out of my hands at some point, but for now, there is no goal for this. 

4. Take Good Care of Myself ( Knowledge Branch) 

I wanted to hit my Goodreads goal for the first time in years and read 28 books. I did not do this. I have finished 10 books which is pathetic given how much bonus free time I got with those 4 months where I wasn't allowed to leave the house. I have 7 books currently in progress so we'll see how many of those I can be arsed to finish by the end of this challenge. 

Frantic Reading GIF - Frantic Studying Reading - Discover & Share GIFs | Reading  gif, Book addict, Memes

5. FutureProofing

By the end of this month, if my finances follow my projection I should have hit my years savings goal after briefly hitting in it July before I had to buy a new car. Having now replaced the cost of buying my car and unless something else breaks, I should have nailed this by the end of the year. I also didn't want to die of a preventable illness and so far so good! 

Anthropomorphic I Get Money GIF by Justin - Find & Share on GIPHY

6. Plan A Wedding. 

Well LOL if this hasn't been kicked into the long grass. This is not the time for a wedding as restrictions on gatherings change like a fart in the wind. I am honestly not at all bothered about this as the only condition on which I am happy to marry this man is if absolutely nothing changes so by definition, this wedding malarkey doesn't matter. And part of me has always though it'd be pretty funny if I got married when I was incredibly pregnant so maybe this will be the goal for next year. 

GIF phoebe - animated GIF on GIFER

New old new challenge, goooooooooooooooooo! 

• Like 8

So I revisited my goals from the beginning of the year, but this challenge I want to continue with my 12 week project which I am 2 1/2 weeks into. This has 7 goals which are:

1. Either go to work or train every single day

2. Eat below 2,000 calories

3. Eat 5 portions of freggies a day

4. Drink 8 glasses of approved fluids

5. Take vitamins every day

6. Don't eat too much 

7. Eat generally healthily. 

I am currently on 100% for every single goal and long may that reign. 

• Like 5

On 10/13/2020 at 3:44 AM, deftona said:

dipping a little lower so I can get a bit fat over Christmas. 

It's pre-hibernation weight.

On 10/13/2020 at 3:44 AM, deftona said:

I have 7 books currently in progress

How do you juggle 7 books?  I get irritated if I try and alternate between 2.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2020 at 3:58 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along, once again dropping the hint I can officiate weddings.

Can you officiate them here? I don't know how it works.

On 10/16/2020 at 12:56 AM, WhiteGhost said:

I suspect you could probably pull off the pregnant wedding dress photos better than I did :P 

If it happens, we'll have to have a bump-off. 

6 hours ago, Teros said:

How do you juggle 7 books?  I get irritated if I try and alternate between 2.

7 is a lot for me, I gotta say. But I do usually have at least 3 on in one go. A fiction, a non-fiction, and a kindle book I can read in the dark while my boyfriend is asleep. I don't tend to get them confused though because they're all really different. 

3 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

I am here for the challenge awesomeness that is all things Deffy

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLCCCCCOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEE!

So you know that bit a couple of posts ago where I was really happy with being at 100% for all my goals? Well, now I am not but in my defence my back did kinda let me down some. Having said that, only the activity goal really needed to fall off that cliff but in fact, everything did. But at least it was only for a couple of days because NO MORE. 

Now, I think we all know I can be a bit of a dickhead so I am giving myself a free pass on my activity goal for at least another two weeks. I won't be in the position where I can take time off work from next week so I really need to make sure I am able to do fancy things like walk, or anything that isn't lying down. Even if my back feels better, I NEED TO REST IT. No exercise for two weeks and that's a promise. This isn't a free pass for anything else though, I want to nail the other 6 goals or I will kick myself up the arse really hard. 

• Like 3

Just now, Teros said:

What happened?

I have hypermobility and bits of me like to just pop out of place for shits and giggles. I slipped a disc. I don't recommend it. 

1 minute ago, deftona said:

bits of me like to just pop out

Oh Christ.  No Bueno.  Sending some corona-free hugs.  (very light ones so they don't hurt)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Teros said:

Oh Christ.  No Bueno.  Sending some corona-free hugs.  (very light ones so they don't hurt)

Thanks, I appreciate the soft hug! I promise not to dislocate anything during! 

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I strongly suspect I can. Airfare and Travel with a baby would be bigger hurdles.

Ah yes, a 12+ hour flight with a baby who resists sleep sounds like a special kind of bad experience. 

4 hours ago, Novaurora said:

Following.  Hopefully I can stick it out this time.

Hi there! 

Sunday Update

I spent the whole day playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey again and it was G.L.O.R.I.O.U.S. I played the Legend of the First Blade DLC and only got through the first part, this will definitely keep me going until Valhalla is delivered. Not much else to write about because I did that all day, in my jammies. I did make a beautiful beef roast (with lots of intermittent lying down to stretch my back out): 

CjZ84D9.jpg

In the evening we lay in bed listening to lovely relaxing music - Lost in the Trees and SOAK. and it was very autumnal. I did start drafting out my 2021 Battle Log and I am really excited for one project in particular. From today onwards I get to tick my activity goal regardless, but I need to ace the rest of the goals and I want 100% for the rest of them. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, deftona said:

If it happens, we'll have to have a bump-off. 

I Was Born Ready GIFs | Tenor

11 hours ago, deftona said:

I have hypermobility and bits of me like to just pop out of place for shits and giggles. I slipped a disc. I don't recommend it. 

Oow damn, get that sorted out solidly before making things worse!

That food looks Yum, now i'm hungry...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Oow damn, get that sorted out solidly before making things worse!

Unfortunately there is no cure and I will just have to learn how to cope with it. But on the plus side, I can get my foot around the back of my head which is a skill I am certain will come in handy one day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I liked the song at the beginning.  The man reminds me a lot of my cousin, who has the same kind of unashamed bravado and also similar facial structure.

I'm glad you're determined to not let your physical setback derail your other goals.  Keep fighting the good fight!

Happy Challenge!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, deftona said:

Unfortunately there is no cure and I will just have to learn how to cope with it. But on the plus side, I can get my foot around the back of my head which is a skill I am certain will come in handy one day. 

tumblr_miugooKRvq1qgr0mro1_400.gif

While I've never had my back just nope the fuck out on me, I have had the ligaments in my wrists, hands, feet and pelvis/spine nope the hell out at bad times. It suuuuuucks. And I also know someone who ended up wheelchair bound because he sneeze really hard when he had a slipped disc. I really hope yours calms the hell down and that any future instances of mobility are amusing to look back on once they've resolved themselves.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Leigh said:

I also know someone who ended up wheelchair bound because he sneeze really hard when he had a slipped disc.

The californians snl maya rudolph GIF on GIFER - by Gajas

Like.... forever?! Dear lord that's terrible :(

20 minutes ago, Leigh said:

I really hope yours calms the hell down and that any future instances of mobility are amusing to look back on once they've resolved themselves.

Thank you! This last part is definitely something to aim for! 

9 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I liked the song at the beginning.  The man reminds me a lot of my cousin, who has the same kind of unashamed bravado and also similar facial structure.

I think we could all do with a dose of John Grant's self confidence sometimes. It's nice to see you Cheetah! 

Monday Update

I decided to go back to work yesterday. I'm still in a lot of pain, but probably not more pain than I would be had I not gone back into work - with back issues there is only so much improvement that can come from rest before you need to switch to exercise to pick up the healing process. I did a lot of lying down, much to my colleagues' amusement but everyone was very sympathetic and enabled my new reluctant lifestyle as much as possible. I do work with a lovely bunch. I also left early and bought myself some lovely new lingerie and bath stuff from Lush to make myself feel better. It's Snow Fairy season! I bought the shower gel and shampoo bar and the lady was trying to upsell me the perfume so I levelled with her and said something like "babe, that will be a bit much, no?" and you could tell by her eyes she knew it would. For those uninitiated, Snow Fairy smells like sugary candy floss and I'm already risking being followed down the street by a  hive of bees as it is. So I used the last of my social mana in Lush because it always drains it from me. Lush staff are social mana vampires, I think they're targeted on pep and they're in a constant state of this:

Lush Creative Showcase 2016 – LouBou

I got back home and felt a bit fed up so I sat in the garden with the cat and drank a beer. That pushed me over my calories but only by a couple. BUT STILL, it's a fail and not just on the activity portion that I gave myself a pass for. I need to figure out why I can only do this thing if I am exercising too, and sort it the heck out because there will be times in my life when I cannot do exercise and I need to sort my shit out so I am prepared for that. But beyond "just fucking do it", I have no ideas. I was starting to get some of my sexy back and now I feel like a ball of butter again. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, deftona said:

I can get my foot around the back of my head which is a skill I am certain will come in handy

Hoe For Sho GIFs | Tenor

17 hours ago, deftona said:

one day. 

Quotes GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, deftona said:

For those uninitiated, Snow Fairy smells like sugary candy floss and I'm already risking being followed down the street by a  hive of bees as it is.

Oh man, I've never smelled Snow Fairy before, but I have a perfume called Sugarful and I have been chased by bees...

Have I mentioned I am terrified of bees/wasps? It was a good time. I only wear it in the dead of winter now. 

Also, I'm jealous that you got to literally lay down on the job. But also not? Because I'd rather not be in pain to get away with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emma said:

I used cocoa butter for moisturizing for a while. My sister followed me down the hall going omg, you smell so good.

I too am a fan of cocoa butter. I also enjoy lemon scented lotions. I smell delicious. 

• Like 1