• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

fearless 2.0

fearless: the spicy writer challenge

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, aramis said:

Hehe, kettles are great :) What did you do?

actually Im not sure... hahahaha.. sumo deadlift??? is that a thing? you lift the kettlebell to your chest and have a wide stance while doing it. The kettle bell sits between your feet when you pick it up. But what I remember what we also did was windmills. I had a lot of trouble with those . The sumo stuff went well!   hahaha: beginners!!! :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Windmills are tricky, so don't feel bad for having trouble with those. Couple sessions and you'll crush them :) 

 

Deadlift up to the chest? I'm not sure how it might look... was it done slowly or explosively?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, aramis said:

Windmills are tricky, so don't feel bad for having trouble with those. Couple sessions and you'll crush them :) 

 

Deadlift up to the chest? I'm not sure how it might look... was it done slowly or explosively?

it was a fast movement up to the sternum. sumo somethings..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I don't think I have the flexibility for windmills. Evertime I've tried them, it felt super clumsy and awkward

me too. ;)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to make different plans: the owner and head coach told me I cant bring the dog to Cross fit class. His argument was a good one: he says its too noisy for a dog who hears things much louder than a human. 

Im feeling well this morning. sleep was good and really I feel so much better since I started watching my sleep.

 

sitting with my coffee and making plans for today.

 

I will take Lara out first thing and also buy some stuff at the grocery store . Then I will write. in the afternoon I teach a student. Also I feel like a real good stretch today to tend to my sore muscles. Im back in ketosis and weighed in at 99 kg again. happy about that!

 

also my arms show a little more definition although I have only been training for a very short time. This makes me happy too.

 

have a great day , you heroes!

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

was about to slay the day but didnt have any energy to do so.  :( Almost canceled my student. Could hold myself back because I need the cash.

 

I am resting now. will teach and stretch.. don't know about writing . I want to change the writing goal to words achieved in a week so I can work in bursts and don't have the pressure of writing every day. Might try that out next week.

 

other sad news: I let myself get so hungry that I bought protein bread, peanut butter and sugar free jam to end up eating 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! slices... haven't had such a slip in a long time. 

 

giphy.gif

 

it gets only better from here, I guess... will check back in tonight 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep going FL, it is just a little slip, no major harm done 💙

 

also no energy today. Hoping the rest of your day goes really well xx

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

I bought protein bread

umm... what? I know lots of types of "normal" bread, gluten free or even couple keto ones, but "protein bread"? 

 

When you feel the urge for bread, make yourself some. It's not even hard or time consuming. 

 

The recipe I found somewhere over the internet (can't recall where) is something I use as an "emergency bread/bun/cake". 

 

You melt in a coffee mug (anything bigger than 250 ml) 10g of butter, then cool it down a bit. Then add 30g almond flour, one egg and tiny pinch of baking powder (really tiny, else you'll get soap bar instead of food :wacko:), mix well and put in the microwave for 90 seconds. DONE!

 

Depending on your cravings, you may add cocoa powder, cinnamon, or even some salt to the mix - depending on whether you want it  sweet or savory. 

 

The result is cylindrical "cake" the diameter of the mug, that you easily take out, strong enough to cut in slices (I cut it in 4 slices, about 1-1.5 cm thick each). The texture is something between dark, heavy bread and a muffin. And it's perfectly keto :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, aramis said:

umm... what? I know lots of types of "normal" bread, gluten free or even couple keto ones, but "protein bread"? 

 

When you feel the urge for bread, make yourself some. It's not even hard or time consuming. 

 

The recipe I found somewhere over the internet (can't recall where) is something I use as an "emergency bread/bun/cake". 

 

You melt in a coffee mug (anything bigger than 250 ml) 10g of butter, then cool it down a bit. Then add 30g almond flour, one egg and tiny pinch of baking powder (really tiny, else you'll get soap bar instead of food :wacko:), mix well and put in the microwave for 90 seconds. DONE!

 

Depending on your cravings, you may add cocoa powder, cinnamon, or even some salt to the mix - depending on whether you want it  sweet or savory. 

 

The result is cylindrical "cake" the diameter of the mug, that you easily take out, strong enough to cut in slices (I cut it in 4 slices, about 1-1.5 cm thick each). The texture is something between dark, heavy bread and a muffin. And it's perfectly keto :D 

hi aramis, it was keto bread, about 3carbs a slice. And Ive made the mug bread before too. Just had nothing in the house and went shopping while very hungry. Thats always a recipe for disaster ! Thx for being around! ❤️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just landed a speaking gig for a conference of prison chaplains. Yass! ( I will read from my book and discuss mental health problems in prison). Am very happy and exited. Now off to bed!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

just landed a speaking gig for a conference of prison chaplains. Yass! ( I will read from my book and discuss mental health problems in prison). Am very happy and exited. Now off to bed!

 

AMAZING well done FL, you will be amazing xx

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

just landed a speaking gig for a conference of prison chaplains. Yass! ( I will read from my book and discuss mental health problems in prison). Am very happy and exited. Now off to bed!

 

Heyyyyy! That's fantastic, congratulations!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I ask you all for advice?

I woke up exhausted and feel I have to take things a bit slower. I have pushed myself through this last weeks and got a lot of shit done but Im not sure I can add some more pressure on it yet. having to get to 50.000 words this November is a big goal and right at this moment I feel super overwhelmed. The pro of doing nanowrimo is the company and the shared goals, but Im not sure I have the strength to power through another challenge just yet. Im thinking about just doing a small writing goal now like 2 times a week 1000 words... should I practice consistency with what I do and just do a little bit more or is it realistic to push myself even further???  

Today I canceled Cross Fit and my body hurts really bad and I just feel like self care and rest...

 

If you could throw in some ideas I would be super grateful.

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's really smart to take a day off if you need it. I do recommend going for a walk or doing some light stretching or something that gets you moving bc it should help you feel better and it will help you build/keep momentum.

 

On the writing front, I tried nanowrimo  and did not find it helpful. You can change your goal to whatever you want in your account, but I found it more overwhelming than supportive. It's good to push yourself but if you're consistently not making the goal, it will be more demoralizing than anything else. Instead of focusing on word count, I've found it more helpful to set a time goal. So for instance, say every day you are going to spend 5 minutes at your desk thinking about your book. If all you do is doodle one goofy sketch or jot down one idea for a future chapter, that's fine. You're building a habit. If you get caught up and spend an hour writing, even better. If you come back tomorrow and decide it all needs cut, that's editing. Just like with the movement, it's all about momentum. In my experience, logging time builds momentum. Worrying about word count just creates pressure.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Artemis Prime said:

I think it's really smart to take a day off if you need it. I do recommend going for a walk or doing some light stretching or something that gets you moving bc it should help you feel better and it will help you build/keep momentum.

 

On the writing front, I tried nanowrimo  and did not find it helpful. You can change your goal to whatever you want in your account, but I found it more overwhelming than supportive. It's good to push yourself but if you're consistently not making the goal, it will be more demoralizing than anything else. Instead of focusing on word count, I've found it more helpful to set a time goal. So for instance, say every day you are going to spend 5 minutes at your desk thinking about your book. If all you do is doodle one goofy sketch or jot down one idea for a future chapter, that's fine. You're building a habit. If you get caught up and spend an hour writing, even better. If you come back tomorrow and decide it all needs cut, that's editing. Just like with the movement, it's all about momentum. In my experience, logging time builds momentum. Worrying about word count just creates pressure.

thanks.. This... so much this!!! ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds wise that you took the day off crossfit to rest. Try getting some easy movement in, like walking or yoga. I like the smaller writing goal. If you are super inspired, you can always write more, but without the pressure of having it as a daily goal

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Sounds wise that you took the day off crossfit to rest. Try getting some easy movement in, like walking or yoga. I like the smaller writing goal. If you are super inspired, you can always write more, but without the pressure of having it as a daily goal

thank you, sister! ❤️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.