The Curved Bow & Leaky Tankard: Ye Olde Ranger Guildhall and General Chat

Rurik Harrgath

23 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

It might be better in bursts or cycles for weight loss, not as a permanent way of eating.

giphy.gif

I absolutely CAN run on caffeine and hatred. But only with a dash of milk.

Challenges: Nothing new right now, focusing on current routine | #16 | #15 (Xmas mini) |  #14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

Bike build

On 10/20/2020 at 12:05 PM, spezzy said:

*walks in and looks around a bit as her legs collapse under her*

Yalllll why is biking every morning so hard and why does it make everything hurt so bad 😂😭😂😭

Oooh @Sloth the Enduring We have a new convert to the church of bicycles!

the year of living trippily

So Very Current: Self-Care    Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

DJ Trippy T saunters in, with an odd gleam in her eye and carrying a flight of tiny airplane bottles of bourbon under her arm

Also, possibly, a cat with six toes. Hard to tell under the coat. 

9FDBBE94-D289-425F-BD29-4898FE910A76.jpeg

• Like 4

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

1 hour ago, DJtrippyT said:

DJ Trippy T saunters in, with an odd gleam in her eye and carrying a flight of tiny airplane bottles of bourbon under her arm

9FDBBE94-D289-425F-BD29-4898FE910A76.jpeg

At least it has hair.

• Haha 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

9 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Oh, are we sharing our Ranger animal companions now?

Here's my baby snow leopard Loki then!

915e7ca4994d0722f6faabab6b1046f2.jpg

• Like 5

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik 'Hav0k' Harrgath, Blademaster Adept and shadow-running Ronin extraordinaire.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Rangers,

Week 1 is upon us. For some of us, the challenge is already underway, for some the challenge is just beginning. A few years ago, the hype died and we have been limping on ever since. We have had hints the hype is returning. It may be here to stay and it may be teasing us. I'll tell you a secret. The hype is great, and while it's here it's good to use it, but we don't need it. Why don't we need it? Because we have each other. As it has hinted it's return I'm reminded of phrases we threw around in the Ranger Corps when it was here. We used to boldly declare that Rangers Gonna Ranger! To Ranger is to overwhelmingly stomp one's goals in a Rangerly fashion. Another, more important phrase, is No Ranger Stands Alone. We are a Ranger Corps, comprised of every member, and when any one member stumbles every other is there to catch them. I remind of us this for two reasons. One, to encourage everyone to look out for their neighbor and reach out a hand of support where needed. Two, and more importantly, to remind you that you need not fear failure, because if you fail we will be here to help you get up again. You stopped being alone with your first post in the guild. We're not going anywhere, and we have your back.

So to week 1 and the trials and stumbling blocks and other nefarious plans it has to stop us I say prepare to die. The Ranger Corps stands united, and you can't come after all of us at once. We will find you, we will root you out of your hiding place, and we will destroy you. Rangers, CHARGE!

• Like 11

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

7 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

OMG SQUEEEEEEEE ❤️

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Week 1 is upon us. For some of us, the challenge is already underway, for some the challenge is just beginning. A few years ago, the hype died and we have been limping on ever since. We have had hints the hype is returning. It may be here to stay and it may be teasing us. I'll tell you a secret. The hype is great, and while it's here it's good to use it, but we don't need it. Why don't we need it? Because we have each other. As it has hinted it's return I'm reminded of phrases we threw around in the Ranger Corps when it was here. We used to boldly declare that Rangers Gonna Ranger! To Ranger is to overwhelmingly stomp one's goals in a Rangerly fashion. Another, more important phrase, is No Ranger Stands Alone. We are a Ranger Corps, comprised of every member, and when any one member stumbles every other is there to catch them. I remind of us this for two reasons. One, to encourage everyone to look out for their neighbor and reach out a hand of support where needed. Two, and more importantly, to remind you that you need not fear failure, because if you fail we will be here to help you get up again. You stopped being alone with your first post in the guild. We're not going anywhere, and we have your back.

So to week 1 and the trials and stumbling blocks and other nefarious plans it has to stop us I say prepare to die. The Ranger Corps stands united, and you can't come after all of us at once. We will find you, we will root you out of your hiding place, and we will destroy you. Rangers, CHARGE!

Thank you, Tank. I'm not feeling the hype right now, but I'm here.

• Like 5

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, Current

Walk to Mordor

13 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

So cute! If Loki is the type of cat that accepts hugs, please give him(?) one from me!

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Rangers,

Yes, yes, and yes again.

We are here united against whatever life may throw at us.

Needed this, thanks Tank :)

• Like 3

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

iatetheyeti's odyssey: part one || part two

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

13 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Awww! My sorcerer in one of my Pathfinder games has a snake animal companion called Loki.

13 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

No Ranger Stands Alone

Hear hear! *raises glass*

4 hours ago, Ranger Hal said:

I'm not feeling the hype right now, but I'm here.

Hype or no, being here is enough :)

• Like 5

Level 13 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Homemaking - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

10 hours ago, Ranger Hal said:

Thank you, Tank. I'm not feeling the hype right now, but I'm here.

Once your foot is in the door, we don't let you leave the premises.

Seriously though, you're still posting here so that means you haven't fallen off the wagon yet.  Stick around, we've got you!

5 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

So cute! If Loki is the type of cat that accepts hugs, please give him(?) one from me!

He's a cat, so he loves affection ON HIS TERMS.  He does, however, seem to love struggle cuddles.... ;)

5 hours ago, Jarric said:

Awww! My sorcerer in one of my Pathfinder games has a snake animal companion called Loki.

Is it a legit functional animal companion like Ranger/Druid, or just a flavor companion?  Because I'd love a stealthing snow leopard just to hang out with my Assassin.

• Like 5

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik 'Hav0k' Harrgath, Blademaster Adept and shadow-running Ronin extraordinaire.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

18 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

And this is my cat also named Loki! Although she's not a mini snow leopard, she's a Maine Coon or a Norwegian Forest Cat, we're not sure...

31900669_10156272797858688_7922739752170

We have excellent names for our cats :P This little fluff ball also has a HUGE brother named Thor because you can't have one sibling with a cooler name than the other.

• Like 6

Well, since we're posting pictures of our Loki's, here's mine. Basic housecat, maybe a tiny bit of Bengal

IMG_20190306_203903539.jpg

• Like 5

Current Challenge: Maigs Settles In

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10 #11, #12, #13, #14#15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23, #24, #25, #26, #27, #28, #29, #30, #31, #32#33#34#35, #36, 373839,  4041, and 42

2020 Races:  Spartan Trifecta - pushed to 2021 / Big Red Challenge 7k June 13 (cxld) / 5k the Hard Way Oct 17 (cxld)

On 10/24/2020 at 6:59 PM, Syren said:

I decided to check in because I haven't been in for a while, and lucky me there's a challenge starting tomorrow!

Sounds like perfect timing to me!

22 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Rangers,

giphy.gif

• Like 2
Spezzy, the Arcane Skirmisher
Chaotic Good Quarter Elf Slayer/Magus
STR: 21 / DEX: 17 / CON: 14 / INT: 15 / CHA 15
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
On 10/25/2020 at 8:55 AM, DJtrippyT said:

22 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

3 hours ago, Leigh said:

And this is my cat also named Loki! Although she's not a mini snow leopard, she's a Maine Coon or a Norwegian Forest Cat, we're not sure...

We have excellent names for our cats :P This little fluff ball also has a HUGE brother named Thor because you can't have one sibling with a cooler name than the other.

2 hours ago, Maigs said:

Well, since we're posting pictures of our Loki's, here's mine. Basic housecat, maybe a tiny bit of Bengal

Oh, we're sharing animal companions, now?

I don't have a feline named Loki (yet, apparently that's a requirement to be in the ranger guild 😂 ), but I do have a ferocious floofer named Felix (Felicis/Felicksalot)

mefelix.jpg

• Like 6
Spezzy, the Arcane Skirmisher
Chaotic Good Quarter Elf Slayer/Magus
STR: 21 / DEX: 17 / CON: 14 / INT: 15 / CHA 15
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
5 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Is it a legit functional animal companion like Ranger/Druid, or just a flavor companion?  Because I'd love a stealthing snow leopard just to hang out with my Assassin.

It's a full animal companion, the sylvan bloodline for sorcerer gives you one in Pathfinder (which means giving up some other stuff, but well worth it). Also, because I'm a sorcerer and not a druid I can do silly stuff like casting enlarge person on Loki, or turning him into a dragon.

I'm willing to bet there's an archetype for most classes to give you an animal companion or a familiar - who doesn't want a pet?

Level 13 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Homemaking - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

I am loving the animal companion pics (please give all of them a hug from me if they will allow it!), please keep them coming whether they're named Loki or not!

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

52 minutes ago, Jarric said:

It's a full animal companion, the sylvan bloodline for sorcerer gives you one in Pathfinder (which means giving up some other stuff, but well worth it). Also, because I'm a sorcerer and not a druid I can do silly stuff like casting enlarge person on Loki, or turning him into a dragon.

I'm willing to bet there's an archetype for most classes to give you an animal companion or a familiar - who doesn't want a pet?

3rd edition Paladin's and their special mounts were very nice.

• Like 1

In the interest of equal energy given to the light and to the dark, may I also introduce Max, so named because for the first two years we had her we thought she was a boy, until I took him to the vet, who thoughtfully pointed out that Max lacked a penis. I was too lazy to change the name and so Max she remains, queen of all she surveys and ace trash can pilferer. 

EEDF0B8A-4BAF-4027-A325-A9A2BFBF3F4A.jpeg

• Like 6

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Queen of the Jungle

(part 2) (part 1)

10 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

In the interest of equal energy given to the light and to the dark, may I also introduce Max, so named because for the first two years we had her we thought she was a boy, until I took him to the vet, who thoughtfully pointed out that Max lacked a penis. I was too lazy to change the name and so Max she remains, queen of all she surveys and ace trash can pilferer. 

EEDF0B8A-4BAF-4027-A325-A9A2BFBF3F4A.jpeg

She is absolutely gorgeous! Very regal looking in that picture too!

• Thanks 1

• Xena changed the title to The Curved Bow & Leaky Tankard: Ye Olde Ranger Guildhall and General Chat