Cry Havoc™: The Shadow Who Danced With Death (But Lived To Tell The Tale)

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You are an attractive man.

Aaaaaand, Tanks true feelings come out. But, I agree. You're a handsome fuck.

9 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

All grind, no whine.

The best part is.... is you have the work capacity to achieve whatever you set your mind too. We've all seen it. But.. (see below)

9 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

That said, I am trying to embrace the journey rather than fixating on the destination. 

THIS! ^^ This may be cliché but extremely powerful! Use this. Harness it. Embrace it. Become it!

Wolf

• Like 4
14 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

/pet the introvert for shits and giggles 

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm sorry but I must pet the introvert a little. As a fellow introvert, I hope you'll forgive me. You are an attractive man.

8 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

You're a handsome fuck.

Don't mind me...just quoting some truth here....and getting in on the petting ;) 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Thirding Tank and Wolf, you are wildly handsome, JUST SAYIN'.

Brains are assholes and definitely need a kick in the.. uh.. brain bits sometimes tho'! And I also agree that putting your intentions down for the world - er, nerds - to see has always been very grounding and motivating for me to do my best too.

• Like 4
21 hours ago, spezzy said:

I see the awkward yeti comic you replied to me with and I raise you with another 😊

livingintime.png

19 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

/pet the introvert for shits and giggles 

Stay out of your own way; you’ve got this. 

hey-girl-im-a-work-in-progress.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you for the kind words, all.  They are received, and memorized, and logged, and promptly logged away for future reference.

However, I wasn't fishing for compliments.  Just drawing a line in the sand for all the world (of Nerds) to see.

Now there's no going back on this vow. 

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm sorry but I must pet the introvert a little. As a fellow introvert, I hope you'll forgive me. You are an attractive man.

Also, I love that chaotic you is doing some sort of ascetic monk thing and Lawful Good me is being somewhat libertine with intuitive eating.

This introvert begrudgingly tolerates pets when social decorum demands.

...social decorum being Nerd friends.

f53047efe70da77e12c96a08b9cfc058.jpg

Speaking of begrudgingly, you'll have to forgive me for taking this challenge further down the Assassin rabbit hole than the Monk temple 😇 I simply cannot forsake my Chaotic ways.

12 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

The best part is.... is you have the work capacity to achieve whatever you set your mind too. We've all seen it. But.. (see below)

The funny thing is, I was too deep into an unusual combination of motivated loathing and manic determination that I never even considered the homo eroticism that photo update might inspire.

and I'm totally okay with that

I do have the work capacity, and the mental capacity too.  Now it's just up to me to do the work... not to crunch for a mythical goal three months from now, but to facilitate the longevity and lifestyle I want years and years from now out.

4 hours ago, RES said:

Don't mind me...just quoting some truth here....and getting in on the petting ;) 

tenor.gif?itemid=4260663

2 hours ago, shaar said:

Brains are assholes and definitely need a kick in the.. uh.. brain bits sometimes tho'! And I also agree that putting your intentions down for the world - er, nerds - to see has always been very grounding and motivating for me to do my best too.

Except writing = physique goals 🤣

jkxkeyyb89lx.png?auto=webp&s=8288ee7575e

• Haha 3
  • That's Metal 1

82467f902a6552383a0864f937f4f665.jpg [The Shadow Who Danced With Death Quest Log]

Challenge Journal:  Date of 19.10.2020

Weight:  214.8lbs.

I don't really have all that much to say today 🤔

How about another mindset victory then?  I woke up and even got out of bed at my prescribed time despite a rocky sleep, mixed my pre-workout elixir to power up before today's Workout II (kettlebells) but had zero go this morning despite the C4 mystic ingredients coursing through my veins.  I even contemplated going back to bed until my get-ready-for-work alarm.  However something clicked and I realized I didn't necessarily need to commit to a full 30min workout as the minutes ticked away before work, so I managed half of my usually kettlebell routine.  Which lead to my going off to work with a sense of accomplishment that might have otherwise been self disappointment.

Shadow Mastery level-up!

tumblr_peyt73cJVv1r687oqo2_540.gifv

And then I got home early due to inclement weather (what is this, the TRUE North?) with plenty of time to work on some things...

So I finished the latter half of my kettlebell video, did my 5:00 of handstand practice, fooled around with 55lb Turkish get-ups, dual-wielded 45lb kettlebells for overhead squats, and rigged my old lifting belt for a few weighted pull-ups to 55lbs added.

But now I'm starving and have some Paleo protein waffles to prep for consumption!

Also, here's your belated #MomoaMonday because I'm forgetful AF

5Tbi.gif

Loooooooooooove this one

Active Skills

• Two Weapon Fighting:  (◯◯◯◯◯)  30%
  • Claw Mastery:  30 / 105 hangboard pull-ups.
  • Six-Sided Strike:  (HS) ☐☐.(MU) ☐☐☐
  • Lashing Tail Kick:  (MT) ☐☐. (KB) ☐☐

Discipline

• Cloak of Shadows:  ☑☑☐☐☐☐☐
  • Monastic Tradition:  .
  • Mirror Image:  .☑☑☑☑☑
  • Insightful Focus:  Please see above.

Damage dealt (0%).

Everything that metal bands warned us about in the Eighties has come to pass: 

Pollution chokes our seas, nuclear war has destroyed our cities, and worst of all, guitars are illegal. The fanatical evangelists who run our planet created an army of robotic drones who police us with cyber-technology. Conformity is the law! Surveillance satellites monitor our every move. With no one to stop them, corporations have run wild, developing grotesque mutations that walk the streets, preying upon unsuspecting humans.

There is only one thing that can save us: METAL.

As radioactive pegasi soar through blood-red skies, adventurers seek glory in the Suburban Wastes and the Grim Northern Forests. Cyborg dragons bellow on top of shopping malls, and the sky is full of laser pentagrams.

Here's where that alignment stuff all came from

I LOVE THAT VERSION OF THIS SONG

This makes me think of

0985E8ABB663069E726BDEEB36DCC177158C7D4A

• Like 8
  • That's Metal 1
55 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Speaking of begrudgingly, you'll have to forgive me for taking this challenge further down the Assassin rabbit hole than the Monk temple 😇 I simply cannot forsake my Chaotic ways.

Pffft. I'm one of those Paladins who cares way more about Good than Lawful.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

14 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

6 hours ago, RES said:

4 hours ago, shaar said:

giphy.gif

• Like 4
15 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

and I'm totally okay with that

Yeah You Are GIFs | Tenor

Spoiler

Seth rogen GIF on GIFER - by Malabei

Too much? 

Too Late Cbc GIF by Kim's Convenience - Find & Share on GIPHY

But now I'm starving and have some Paleo protein waffles to prep for consumption!

Damn...I bet those were boss!! 

fooled around with 55lb Turkish get-ups, dual-wielded 45lb kettlebells for overhead squats, and rigged my old lifting belt for a few weighted pull-ups to 55lbs added

Beast mode GIF on GIFER - by Shador

Wolf

• Like 1
17 hours ago, spezzy said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, thekatisalie said:

I'm like the worst person at keeping up but I'm here lurking. Hi. ❤️

Lurking or not, happy to have you here!  👊

4 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Too much?

V56S.gif

4 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Rurik walking into his his home gym like

giphy.gif

Goddamn Rambo be iconic af

• Like 3

Rurik walking into his his home gym like

giphy.gif

Goddamn Rambo be iconic af

Bro... I love me some Rambo. Tevior is actually loosely based off Rambo (if you didn’t know). I was looking up if anyone had made a home brew edition of him a couple weeks ago and scout rogue came up a lot.. then I was like, “Hey! I’m kind of a scout rogue!” And thus, The Red Wolf was born. The inspiration manifested when I saw the newest Kombat Pack coming to Mortal Kombat... friggin Rambo is gonna be a playable character dude!!

http://

Wolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

82467f902a6552383a0864f937f4f665.jpg [The Shadow Who Danced With Death Quest Log]

Challenge Journal:  Date of 21.10.2020

Weight:  214.4lbs.

I have an actual, honest-to-goodness day off tomorrow.

No house projects planned.  No work.  Nadda.  Just a haircut.

However, I am going to take 1-3hrs of Muay Thai depending on whether or not my old coach will let me do both classes in a day!  Either way, even if it's only one class, or if it's both (noon is 1hr, 6pm is two hours), that'll be a level of training intensity I haven't experienced since May 🤣 but it'll very accurately reflect the intensity I have for this challenge, and it fits right in :D

I'm really looking forward to this.

a4bc084ebf07ca924cdfe1cc3d32af37.gif

So long as I do my stretching today (which I have an accountabilibuddy to help with), I'm going to do some spin bike tabata rounds and wrap up some extra accessories in the Sanctum tonight, it'll be a good Wednesday.

Active Skills

• Two Weapon Fighting:  (◯◯◯◯)  40%
  • Claw Mastery:  46 / 105 hangboard pull-ups.
  • Six-Sided Strike:  (HS) ☐☐.(MU) ☐☐
  • Lashing Tail Kick:  (MT) ☐☐. (KB) ☑☑

Discipline

• Cloak of Shadows:  ☑☑☑☐☐☐☐
  • Monastic Tradition:  .
  • Mirror Image:  .☑☑☑☑☑
  • Insightful Focus:  Please see above.

Damage dealt (0%).

1 hour ago, Wild Wolf said:

Bro... I love me some Rambo. Tevior is actually loosely based off Rambo (if you didn’t know). I was looking up if anyone had made a home brew edition of him a couple weeks ago and scout rogue came up a lot.. then I was like, “Hey! I’m kind of a scout rogue!” And thus, The Red Wolf was born. The inspiration manifested when I saw the newest Kombat Pack coming to Mortal Kombat... friggin Rambo is gonna be a playable character dude!!

Damn that's actually a solid 3D render of Stallone!

Can confirm - that belt-fed ammo wrap around the forearm does NOT work though!

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 1
On 10/20/2020 at 2:51 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

an attractive man

18 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:
Spoiler

Seth rogen GIF on GIFER - by Malabei

On 10/21/2020 at 4:11 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

the homo eroticism that photo update might inspire.

I was feeling all at home here

And then all of a sudden...

On 10/21/2020 at 4:08 AM, Rurik Harrgath said:

hey-girl-im-a-work-in-progress.jpg

image.png.bd50f33fcb3e2ffc5475342eb9e36b95.png

Harsh GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

So long as I do my stretching today (which I have an accountabilibuddy to help with)

Do You HOBS Like Elle Woods? | 2 Smart Girls

Yessir, you know it! (And if I'm not the accountabilibuddy you speak of then my whole world is rocked right now, lol!)

I'm really looking forward to this.

a4bc084ebf07ca924cdfe1cc3d32af37.gif

Dude....what is this from?? Either this was just random or we are even more in tune then I thought. I've been playing a lot of Ghost of Tsushima: Legend's on the Playstation since it came out last week. Of course, I picked the Ronin class because is there really any other class that's cooler? ALSO...Ninja Scroll is probably my favorite anime movie of all time! Jubei is a baaaaaaaad dude!

Ninjascroll Jubei GIF - Ninjascroll Jubei Samurai - Discover & Share GIFs

Can confirm - that belt-fed ammo wrap around the forearm does NOT work though!

I can only imagine lol.

Hot Shots Part Deux Bullet Boat | Hot shots, Carnival signs, Boat

Wolf

6 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Yessir, you know it! (And if I'm not the accountabilibuddy you speak of then my whole world is rocked right now, lol!)

Dude....what is this from?? Either this was just random or we are even more in tune then I thought. I've been playing a lot of Ghost of Tsushima: Legend's on the Playstation since it came out last week. Of course, I picked the Ronin class because is there really any other class that's cooler? ALSO...Ninja Scroll is probably my favorite anime movie of all time! Jubei is a baaaaaaaad dude

I won't comment on that first part because the next few posts make it extra hilarious  ;)

Interesting that there has been two blockbuster games heavily featuring mythologized Japanese culture.  I love the look of both!  Even though I don't play console games, I enjoy sitting back and enjoying a playthrough from time to time and Sekiro: Shadow's Die Twice really was a wonder to behold.

e049c9833fb0989cc775c9e6e5284448.gif

My Monksassin might need to dip into Samurai for a few levels in the future.  Nothing like a little tasty cultural appropriation!  B)

4 hours ago, spezzy said:

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

snip

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

snip

4axc2q.jpg

1 hour ago, Wild Wolf said:

That pretty much sums up my feelings right now. No shame.

a9ab37dde5984aad8ea2837292a0a5f8.gif

You can be my #SmoothPanther inspirationbuddy still, Wolfie  :)

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1