• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Teros

Teros 66: Big Bad Booty Daddy

(Warning: Turn down volume because your ears will totally bleed if you crank this.)

WELCOME and HOLLER IF YOU HEAR ME

How are all the genetics freaks out there?  So this theme started off because I've been doing great with my eating and workouts, HOWEVER, I want some damn arms.  I was thinking about what my workouts entail:  sqauts, bench press, rows, overhead press, 1,000 cals of elliptical but there is a woeful lack of abs and arms.  I was doing planks before but once I had surgery, that sort of fell by the wayside.  Doing OHP I noticed that my lower back hurt and rather than just force myself to do it, I realized I needed to add more into my workouts: namely some core-work and ARMS.

Need those bis and tris.  Need those striations.  Need those gainz.  If I don't start building them now, then once I lose the 100 lb I need to still lose then I'll be flabby-arm fred. Who the hell wants to flabby-arm fred?

NOT ME.

Now I'm not going to be getting [c*mg*tt*rs] anytime soon, but I sure and hell can focus more on building guns.  And that's where the Big Bad Booty Daddy Scott Steiner shows up.

2:25 = Life Goals

Now, there's no way in hell I'm going to attempt that, but this challenge is about two major things:

1) Getting more active on NF, hence me being in RANGERS this time.

2) Building the guns.

And with that, my challenge.  I really need a kick in the ass this challenge so I'm hoping to give/get a metric shit-ton of support:

1) New Workout Schedule: I'm doing three workouts: (1 Hour cardio + Squats) & (30 min cardio + Rows/Bench/OHP) & (Ab twists, concentration curls, tricep extension)

2) Whole30+: Keep eating protein, healthy fats, tons of veggies, and my fruit smoothie.  Take my multivitamin (Flinstones chewy muthafucka).

3) LCSW: I'm jumping through hoops to do my LCSW exam so I want to have records and my teacher write my recommendation letter before this challenge ends.

4) BellMyst/NF -  I'm writing a horror story accountability group.  I'll post this link here now.  Join if you want! I also want to follow at least a dozen people and check in on everyone in Adventurers and Rangers at least once.

If I hit all my workouts, do whole30 (except being my 1 cheat meal per month), get those letters in, and stay on here like 25/8, my calculations tell me that I'll have 141 2/3% chance of winning at this challenge.  Let me double check the math:

• Like 13

8 hours ago, Teros said:

HOWEVER, I want some damn arms.

COMPOUND LIFTS.

Legit have done like 1 bicep curl these past 5+ years, and I'm considerably proud of my arm gain train.

I don't even barbell anymore, so they preserve solely through kettlebells and pull-ups now.  But never a bad idea to implement some bicep curls cuz they're just so fun!

• Like 2

I love love love, love, LOVE, horror, and man I'm tempted to join that group.

But also, too many irons in the fire already......... 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RES said:

Going to ignore the accounting errors and just follow along...lol

Fact-Checking Scott Steiner's Math | Wrestling Logic

I think it adds up.

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Welcome for a sojourn with the Ranger Corps.

Thankee and howdy-do.

2 hours ago, deftona said:

I'm a sucker for cumgutters. 

HERE! 

Wasn't sure how PG we are around here. 😛

15 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

*puts on chainmail cap*

Here to be the Petey Williams to your Scott Steiner.

Maple Leaf muscle has got the hook-up.

Scott Steiner Petey Williams - Kaz Promo - video dailymotion

8 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

COMPOUND LIFTS

I looked and wasn't able to find something that is doable at my weight (because a pull-up isn't viable right now) which is why I was going concentration curls.  I noticed that they are deficient compared to other exercises I'm doing.

----

Did my batch cooking for this upcoming week.  I made:

-Spaghetti squash with hearty meat-sauce

-Chicken salad

-Fajita stir-fry

-Chicken soup

My sister gave me a small tub of macademia nuts because she said she wouldn't eat them (too much fat.... ok wevs) and they were going to expire soon.  I decided to use eggs, pumpkin, apple pie seasoning blend, crushed almonds and crushed macademias, and almond flour to make a pumpkin-nut biscuit.  I didn't look up a recipe: I just threw shit together, Iron Chef style and macademia nut was the theme ingredient.

I'll be doing some Bellmyst writing tonight, as I did a lot of posting here today as well as just finished reading The Dunwich Horror.

• Like 6
  • Wow 1

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Sun's Out, Guns Out" Shirt @ That Awesome Shirt!

Here to see this armory get stocked :) 

Hot fuzz GIF on GIFER - by Darkfire 

6 hours ago, Salinger said:

Yo!!!!!!!

Here....

Also, whats in a hearty meat sauce?  mmmmmm xx

howdy :)

Rao's tomato sauce with fried up ground beef, onions, and mushroom. Noms.

--

Ok based on my schedule, today is ARM DAY.  It's 5:20am right now and I'm getting ready for work at 6am.  Once I get home, I'll be attempting a couple sets for bis and tris.  I was able to do *1* curl with my heavier weight (which I do squats, bench, and rows) so I'll need to build up with more reps at lower weight to have my arms 'catch up' to the rest of my workouts.  That's why I'm isolating and doing these bonus workouts.  No gym elliptical today: just metal.  Have a lovely Monday everyone!

❤️,

Teros

• Like 9

On 10/18/2020 at 4:38 PM, shaar said:

I love love love, love, LOVE, horror, and man I'm tempted to join that group.

But also, too many irons in the fire already......... 

Oh man I feel this. Totally. I've got too much going on but the horror story is tempting AF!

On 10/18/2020 at 4:38 PM, Teros said:

My sister gave me a small tub of macademia nuts because she said she wouldn't eat them (too much fat.... ok wevs) and they were going to expire soon.  I decided to use eggs, pumpkin, apple pie seasoning blend, crushed almonds and crushed macademias, and almond flour to make a pumpkin-nut biscuit.  I didn't look up a recipe: I just threw shit together, Iron Chef style and macademia nut was the theme ingredient.

How did it turn out? Was it tasty? 

On 10/19/2020 at 4:19 AM, Teros said:

howdy :)

Rao's tomato sauce with fried up ground beef, onions, and mushroom. Noms.

This is how I make mine except I use bell peppers instead of onions. YUM! 

Sounds like you've got quite the challenge ahead of you and I'm here to support you all the way! Get those GUNZ!!!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

Hi! I will 100% NOT be joining you on your horror adventure because I am a wuss and not even kidding Coraline is a bit much for me. 

I read the synopsis and it doesn't even really sound like a horror movie.  Yeah, you don't want to know what's happening in a couple weeks from now with genetic experiment then.

18 hours ago, Tateman said:

getting bigger arms too

Hrm... at about a minute in, he talks about compounds not being enough and seeing as how I've been sticking to this for months; I'm inclined to agree.

3 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

How did it turn out? Was it tasty? 

The pumpkin-nut biscuits turned out pretty damn good considering it was a complete 'wing it' recipe.  I made 6 of them and there's a couple left.  I'll probably have 1 with my spaghetti squash and hearty meatsauce tonight or tomorrow

--

So yesterday was my first Arms workout

ARMS Nintendo Switch EUROPE - G2A.COM

I did a couple sets of low weight for concentration curls, tricep kickback, and then grabbed a 30lb dumbbell and did some ab twists.  I definitely felt the burn much more in my triceps than in my biceps, but both feel a little sore-tingly today if I flex them.  Abs are something that I think I should do more often in general, not just for 'arm day'. 

Today I did 30 minutes of elliptical work, (540 cals/2 miles) and then had the rest of my avocado with chicken fajitas and a pear-apple cider protein smoothie. I realized something: I TOTALLY needed to add more seasoning to things.

Ok so idk if it's just me (it's probably just me) but if I like seasonings, I hold back on using them so I can "save" them for later....and in the process I end up having more bland food that I don't really want.  I keep doing this and I get bored with the food that I'm eating.  This weekend, I thought, 'screw it, new challenge and I'll season the holy hell out of this' and I put double what I normally put (smoked spanish paprika, chili powder, garlic, etc for fajitas; a vegetable stock blend for my chicken soup) and the flavor socked me in the mouth.  Very mouth-happy.  I'm lurking on the forums a bit mid-day and I plan on writing more of my horror story tonight.  I also need to maybe add another thing to my challenge goals: studying.

While I read through the LCSW exam study guiode and made notes, it's been like 2 months since I did that and I don't want to get rusty.  I'm thinking of tacking 30 minutes, 3 times a week to my challenge but I want to make sure I can juggle what I'm doing *already* before I start adding another goal.

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice - Find & Share on GIPHY

Oh and before I forget, I carved a poompkin this weekend in preparation for SpoopyDay.

image.png

*BOO* @Countess D'If did I scare you?

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 2

3 hours ago, Teros said:

Ok so idk if it's just me (it's probably just me) but if I like seasonings, I hold back on using them so I can "save" them for later....

I don't really have this problem, but I have so much seasoning in my house that I probably will never run out. lol. There's a local spice shop I like to go to that sells bomb seasonings. So good! 

• Like 1

Just bought my ticket to the gun show

I love doing arms, particularly heavy curls, but don’t forget that the triceps makeup 2/3 of your arms. I’m sure you already knew that, though ;) Fun looking challenge, dude! If you need some ideas on ab workouts let me know. I can drop some in your challenge for you to try.

Wolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 2:06 PM, Salinger said:

I need that meat sauce. mmmmmmmmm i need a big bowl of it with pasta and cheese ..... 

That your story-arc? 😛

On 10/20/2020 at 2:08 PM, Salinger said:

LOVE that pumpkin :D xx

+

On 10/20/2020 at 9:17 PM, echoesofwonder said:

I love your spoopy poompkin!

I didn't post the other pic: I made a cyclops on the other side of it.  You can see the shadow it makes for the eyeball against the wall in this pic though.

On 10/20/2020 at 5:17 PM, RhiaWolfe said:

There's a local spice shop I like to go to that sells bomb seasonings. So good! 

Oh god I wish.  I have to do regular market stuff or order the things I want online.

On 10/20/2020 at 7:36 PM, Xena said:

here for all the arms!

+

On 10/20/2020 at 9:17 PM, echoesofwonder said:

Cant wait to see what you accomplish with your arms!  😬

+

On 10/20/2020 at 9:47 PM, Wild Wolf said:

Just bought my ticket to the gun show emoji1320.png

Scott Steiner Flex Muscles GIF - ScottSteiner FlexMuscles Flexing -  Discover & Share GIFs

It will be a long time before I get peaks on peaks but I'm willing to put in the effort.  I feel more driven this time than all the others.

On 10/20/2020 at 9:47 PM, Wild Wolf said:

I love doing arms, particularly heavy curls, but don’t forget that the triceps makeup 2/3 of your arms. I’m sure you already knew that, though ;) Fun looking challenge, dude! If you need some ideas on ab workouts let me know. I can drop some in your challenge for you to try.

For abs, I'm doing twists while holding a 30 lb dumbbell.  I can't do too many of them because I get dizzy (even if I'm not swinging quickly side to side).

Oh yeah, totally: I'm doing concentration curls for biceps and then I immediately do a set of tricep dumbbell kickbacks.

--

Speaking of:  I've done two of these arm workouts.  I don't feel it in my right bicep, but I start to feel a burn in my left bicep at roughly rep #8 so I know there's some muscle imbalance.  I've always had a weaker left side so I'm going to try and bang out a bonus rep or two every workout on my left side to try and even it out.

For the triceps though.... I feel that shit on both sides after rep #5.

Acapellas.PW | Lou bega, Songs, Mambo 

No Lou Bega, REP #5, not mambo.

NO BIG E, I SAID REPS.

I'll be doing more of these.  I think this is the breakdown I want to have per workout, as this is the model I used before for my current weights:

Week 1 = 10 reps

Week 2 = 2x 7 reps (14)

Week 3 = 2x 8 reps (16)

Week 4 = 2x 10 reps (20)

Week 5 = 3x 8 reps (24)

Week 6 = 3x 10 reps (30)

Once I hit 30 reps total, I should be able to increase the weight and then drop down to the week #1 numbers and do it all again.  This might be subject to change, as one week I might really be feeling good and skip past a week.  I would *IDEALLY* be able to up the weight by the end of the challenge but I'll see how that goes.

Workout today was 70 Min elliptical: 1,060 Cals burned.  And I did 30x30 squats and then I decided to really push myself more with squats and did 30x95.  I was able to push them out like crazy.  These squat gains are feeling Most Excellent.

Bill And Ted GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The only problem (if you want to call it a problem) is I need more weight.  This is all I have for dumbbells.  I don't trust the stuff at the gym and I've grown comfortable with doing my lifts at home.  The 95 pounds was from the 50 pound cement dumbbell I made plus a 45 pound cement kettelbell I made (I switch hands every 5 reps just so it stays balanced btw).  I know what alllllllll I want for Christmassssss should be. Or Thanksgiving.  Or maybe I should treat myself for Halloween?

(When your letter to 'Dear Santa' has the 'n' in the wrong place.)

In other news, I got a text from my supervisor who I messaged TWO MONTHS AGO about getting a letter of recommendation and....she is offering me a fulltime job

Vault Boy "Hold Up" | Know Your Meme

Like, out of the blue.  I'll be talking to her over the next couple of days hopefully to see what is feasible.

• Like 3