Teros 66: Big Bad Booty Daddy

12 hours ago, Teros said:

The only problem (if you want to call it a problem) is I need more weight.  This is all I have for dumbbells.  I don't trust the stuff at the gym and I've grown comfortable with doing my lifts at home.  The 95 pounds was from the 50 pound cement dumbbell I made plus a 45 pound cement kettelbell I made (I switch hands every 5 reps just so it stays balanced btw).  I know what alllllllll I want for Christmassssss should be.

Same here! I've got two 10 lb dumbells that I've had for a few years and a random cheap ass barbell with nothing on it that's of an unknown weight... >_>;

Although I'm lucky, I get my arms done at work 4 days a week with hauling around crates of milk and eggs. You're one of the few people who might know exactly how much those suckers can count as a workout if you do enough of it.

Asking for weights for Xmas sounds like you are totally stealing me idea. 

Oh! and tell me about this job tomorrow! I enjoy our conversations while I'm walking to work :D 

• Like 2

@Tanktimus the Encourager, @Ann of Vries, @RhiaWolfe, @Salinger, @shaar, @RES, @Xena , @Leigh

Thanks!  She hasn't responded back since I messaged her last night but for all I know, it might be another month before I get a random text.  I'm actually doing fine at the market (mandatory staff and a slight pay bump, plus I'm in one of the only unions for supermarkets around here which means 3 weeks paid vacation) but obviously the market isn't my *profession* for a job.  I'll see what happens with all of this and I'll post updates if/when there is any.

13 hours ago, Leigh said:

Although I'm lucky, I get my arms done at work 4 days a week with hauling around crates of milk and eggs. You're one of the few people who might know exactly how much those suckers can count as a workout if you do enough of it.

Asking for weights for Xmas sounds like you are totally stealing me idea. 

Oh yes.  Move that once or twice and it's no big deal.  Have to do it 400 times in a day and it's muscle murder.  The days that I've had to haul those 35-50lb bags of dog food for 6 hours I was sweating like a pig at work.

And hell yeah - we can be Iron Buddies.

Speaking of work, I had today off so I wanted to get as much cleaning stuff done so this was my breakdown of the day:

-Wake at 5:30am

-Workout

-Breakfast

-Shower

-3 Loads of laundry

-Washed the kitchen floor

-Washed the bathroom floor

-Washed the bathroom walls

-Vacuumed the living room, dining room, hallway, bedroom

-Moved furniture around: bookshelf into the art room, lamp downstairs, and chairs and endtables pushed around

-Spot remover washed the spots of mold on the chair and loveseat downstairs (I have the dehumidfier running 24/7 and it fills up every other day but there STILL is dampness)

-Took out garbage because it's....

-Had some of my chicken soup

-Right now, lurking on NF while waiting to see if @Bouncer_the_Lovable is up for a match in Age of Empires II on steam.  (If anyone here has steam, ADD ME.  I'd rather play with some peeps on NF than watch twitch or youtube in my spare time.)

I want to play a game - Jigsaw | Meme Generator

Two notes about my day:

1) My workout - I pushed myself yesterday with those heavier squats and I figured, "I should try the same with my bench press" and so I did 40 reps.  Boosted up a whole set today.  At this rate, I'm thinking of upping the weight.  I'm ready.  I also forced myself to do a few OHP and HOT DAMN I was able to do them without struggling.

Scott Steiner Flexing on TV - YouTube 

2) When I toasted up the spaghetti squash and meatsauce, I made a protein shake.  I do this every morning that I work out and I've been experimenting for weeks with different fruit combinations: peaches, pears, apples, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, pineapple, banana.  Well today....I think I invented fruit punch.  1 diced up pear + 1 cup pineapple juice + 1/2 cup of apple juice + 1 scoop of vanilla protein whey = a fruit punch smoothie.  I loved it - reminded me of old capri sun or juicy juice fruit punch blends.  I'm definitely going to use this specific combo more often and maybe tweak the ratios a little bit to perfect it.  I shall call it....

POWER PUNCH

Words can't describe how good I've been feeling for the past 4-ish months and I 100% credit it to sticking with whole30.  It's supposed to be a 30 day detox but I've been doing 1 cheat meal per month for a few months now.  The mental/emotional difference between me back in May VS today is like night and day.  Like....for the first time in my life, I wake up and I'm just fucking happy.  Sometimes throughout the day I think to myself, "Why the hell are you so happy right now?" and I shrug and keep on being happy.

• Like 12
On 10/21/2020 at 2:05 AM, Teros said:

Ok so idk if it's just me (it's probably just me) but if I like seasonings, I hold back on using them so I can "save" them for later....and in the process I end up having more bland food that I don't really want.

I have the opposite problem.  I decide that I like a particular spice and end up adding so much of it that overpowers the entire dish.  

Here's hoping the job thing comes through with something that is both interesting and workable.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Teros said:

Like....for the first time in my life, I wake up and I'm just fucking happy.  Sometimes throughout the day I think to myself, "Why the hell are you so happy right now?" and I shrug and keep on being happy.

This is some BOMB ASS SHIT right here!  Hell yeah!!

I have Steam!  I think my username is onimasho? Durrrr I'm not sure how to tell for sure... my display name is loire tho', if that helps. (INT dump stat represent)

• Like 1

Begun GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

CHALLENGE STARTS TODAY.  WOOP WOOP.

I just edited the original post for the Accountabilli-buddies story to include people's challenge threads, as well as character names (if they put one) and what class they were playing as.  If interested, people can show up within the next couple days.  Right now it looks like we are sitting at 9ish.

18 hours ago, Salinger said:

Wow that is amazing to read !!!! That you are so happy :D congrats on that!!!! Whats the Whole 30 thing??

Whole30 is basically a life-saver.  It's a detox food plan where you don't have processed stuff, no dairy, no rice, gluten, no added sugars.  Straight up meats, veggies, and fruits.  There is so much hidden sugar in stuff.  It's laced in like 99% of the food at the supermarket.  If you can pick it up and it is a solid object that is ONE INGREDIENT, then it works.  Like a package of ground turkey- nothing added.  An apple.  Asparagus.  Olive oil. Ect.  Here is the pdf that shows the foods:

https://whole30.com/downloads/book-shopping-list.pdf

Don't bother buying anything on the website.

18 hours ago, Salinger said:

ALso you have an art room? Awesome !!! xx

+

16 hours ago, Xena said:

(and I was also impressed by your art room)

And yessm, I have an art room.  When my mom died about 2 years ago, I did a lot of cleaning.  She used to be a hoarder and I moved here and dealt with all the trash (why the fuck is there a cat turd in a solo cup put in the hutch? NO IDEA.)  After dealing with a literal raining of mouse turds, pee-soaked carpets (even after renting a rug doctor and washing rugs, the green rug still has yellow discoloration), filling an entire dumpster with garbage, donating and crushing furniture with my sledgehammer, washing walls, painting rooms, etc - it's all finished.  And the room at the end of the hall is now my 'art room' where I keep my paper mache masks, paintings, minatures that I made out of clay, terrain tiles, and more.  I could try to take pics some day of it to upload here.

8 hours ago, Ann of Vries said:

Love this more than smooshing a button can indicate.

*smoosh*  Glad to hear  and I hope you are having a splendiferious day.

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I have the opposite problem.  I decide that I like a particular spice and end up adding so much of it that overpowers the entire dish.  

Here's hoping the job thing comes through with something that is both interesting and workable.

That's so interesting you BAM up the spices more.  I always think the addage, "I can always add, but not subtract" when I cook but I think I took it to the extreme where I just don't add nearly enough.

Yeah whenever I get a response back, I'll post about it.

1 hour ago, shaar said:

I have Steam!  I think my username is onimasho?

Mine  = terosx 

I did a search and nothing came up for onimasho and there's like 800 profiles with loire.

---

Today is my rest day so no gym.  I just did 6 straight days in a row and I don't want to burn myself out.  I tried to organize this into lighter days so this is my workout setup for the challenge:

Sunday: Long Cardio + Squats

Monday: Bi/Tri + Abs

Tuesday: Short Cardio + Bench Press/Bent-Over Row/Overhead Press

Wednesday: Bi/Tri + Abs

Thursday: Long Cardio + Squats

Friday: Short Cardio + Bench Press/Bent-Over Row/Overhead Press

With this, I get 2 of each workout and then a rest day.  Also, the monday+wednesday doesn't have cardio since when I get home from work I'll do these little workouts since they are new exercises and I'm starting slow.  I almost consider them half-workouts.  Using this logic, it looks like this for intensity:

Sunday: Big workout

Monday: Lil workout

Tuesday: Big workout

Wednesday: Lil workout

Thursday: Big workout

Friday: Big workout

Saturday: No workout

Time to get some cooking done and then I'll check on some threads when my feet hurt and I need to sit after being in the kitchen for a while. 

I'm planning on making: 

-Potato-cauliflower-leek soup (wish me luck - this is the new thing I'm trying)

-Burgers

-Steak

-Turkey shepard's pie

-Mongolian pork stir fry

And tonight I'm making GENERAL TSO'S SHROMP.  I love shromples.  Little shrompies.  Shrompie-wompies.  Me with this general tso's recipe:

❤️, Teros

• Like 5

*Sigh*  So I was all ready this morning to tackle the forums.  Full of piss and vinegar...

Then the family cat died.

I did my Leg workout today:  Last week I did 30 reps of 30 lb, and then 30 reps of 95 lb.  Now I'm converting my 30 lb into more 95 lb.  So today was 25 reps of 30 lb, and 35 reps of 95 lb.  I'll upgrade another 5 reps next week (or later this week) until I eventually am only doing 60 reps of 95 lb.  By then, it should be pretty close to Christmas and getting a pair of 60 lb dumbbells and I'll be able to do 120 lb reps.

I had a protein shake and finished the last of the chicken soup I made last week.  I was resting my legs for a few minutes before I hopped in the shower when my sister came over crying, and told me she had been crying for 30 minutes since Ocee died.

My family have always had cats.  *My* kitty was Frisky, back when I was like 6 or 7.  Frisky had to be put down while I was in high school and I remember trying really hard to not cry in French class.  Patch died rather young.  By the time I was in high school, the whole family adopted more cats.  Then two years ago while I was getting my master's degree, FIVE out of the SIX cats we had all died and then my mom died right afterwards (fucking shitty year...)  The only cat left held on, until this morning.  This is Ocee:

image.png

Her face was all sunken in and she was basically matted hair and bones when she finally passed.  She was a good kitty.  One of the only ones that liked having her belly rubbed.

So all that "LETS GET HYPE" puffed out today.  I intended to checked every thread in Rangers and then hit up Adventurers but instead I spent the morning with my sister and I feel sort of "ugh" right now.  I'd appreciate any pet pics (current or ones that passed).  I'll be fine tomorrow after work.  Today though,

Pin on CATS!

• Sad 9

Oh Teros :(

Sending you so so much love. How difficult. 

I have a Jackson, me and him against the world. Here are some snaps. One where he looks off his tits :P  and one as a baby, and my tattoo of him ❤️ 

Hope you can have a nice night xxx

55472314_10156748361256201_4772270091096031232_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=hoYpCf4fKNUAX-Crqvn&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=b26a7d52995b072f7dc2a8fca90d54b9&oe=5FB9D21C   22140990_10155466740326201_5366301517054569825_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=6Zvk4t0GvVUAX9U8_Hu&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=ab8642403a35b139aa0ff63ff789a67b&oe=5FB95F63   

11111225_10153206614956201_1944931015204938314_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ba80b0&_nc_ohc=nnkzM8j-O2gAX-LAqh7&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=5f7b444f7d1f4d59dbe071854cf185d4&oe=5FB9929D

13692802_10154134361346201_3591396540586336704_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=19026a&_nc_ohc=KexH6nwzgRoAX9f1xLu&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=503696ea2b37857998920e16aa53eb22&oe=5FB98918

56573556_10156783291231201_3215914491535425536_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=BnJMDoWPnQcAX_iJZ1x&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=2392fe34434c1d32cd37786b515acbc5&oe=5FBA4DF3

• Like 3

Added you on steam. What kinds of games do you enjoy playing? I'm Rhia42 on Steam. 

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. Losing a pet always sucks. At least you were able to give them a good life when they were here. Sending all the positive vibes your way. 

• Like 2