I'm feeling better - info below.

20 hours ago, Xena said:

(aka Mr. Fancypants)

Fairly Dapper pants

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Wraith

Very smooshable

4 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Added you on steam. What kinds of games do you enjoy playing? I'm Rhia42 on Steam. 

Saw and just added you back.  I think it's possible to view other people's steam library but multiplayer games co-op off the top of my head are Age of Empires 2 (definitive edition), Age of Mythology, Battleblock theature, Borderlands 2, Castle Crashers, Left4Dead 2, Orcs must Die 1+2, Torchlight 2, and Vermintide.  There's probably a couple others mixed in that I'm not thinking of.

3 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

anytime!

Doggo name?

----

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.  Emotionally I'm doing ok now.  Ocee passing really sucks but honestly, we knew her time was coming and I said she would die and I was right.

October is 'death month' for my family.  The overwhelming amount of deaths in the family occurs in October.  Multiple uncles, grandparents, and pets all meet their end in October.  Back in early September, I told my sister that Ocee would die in October.  Well....I was 100% right which is pretty freaky tbh.  Love your pets.  And also: 

She'll be missed.  My sister took Ocee's body to the vet and they are cremating her and she'll have a little urn like all the other cats.  There needs to be some new life in this family.  It's depressing.  I don't want to call it, but I wouldn't be surprised if my uncle passes *next* October at this rate.  Off the topic of death.  Onto a funfact:

Did you know that gout can happen when you eat garbage food and it can ALSO happen if you eat a shit-ton of cauliflower?  Guess who didn't know about option 2?

Jim Carrey GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Last night My big toe started hurting and got progressively worse. Woke up 3 times.  Finally at 2am I did some googling and I thought about what I ate in the past 24 hours:

1)Homemade general tso's with a fuckton of cauliflower rice. 

2)Mongolian beef with a fuckton of cauliflower rice. 

3)Potato-leek-cauliflower soup. 

I probably ate a whole cauliflower (maybe 2?) over the course of the weekend.  Here I was, being super damn healthy and I deal with this crap.  You live, you learn.

Cauliflower Bath Joelcares GIF by Joel Cares - Find & Share on GIPHY

Fuck you cauliflower

Anyways, it hurts to stand/walk which made being on my feet all day at work a nightmare.  Thankfully I'm home and resting now and NOT working tomorrow and also NOT going to eat any cauliflower.  I'm intending on getting a good night's sleep and then being 100% (ehh 95%?) tomorrow.  If the foot is still hurting, there's no way I'm going to be able to do cardio so I'll use my dumbbells and do a lot of reading/writing.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Teros said:

Saw and just added you back.  I think it's possible to view other people's steam library but multiplayer games co-op off the top of my head are Age of Empires 2 (definitive edition), Age of Mythology, Battleblock theature, Borderlands 2, Castle Crashers, Left4Dead 2, Orcs must Die 1+2, Torchlight 2, and Vermintide.  There's probably a couple others mixed in that I'm not thinking of.

I only have Battleblock Theater of all of those games. I played Age of Mythology a long time ago before Steam was a thing. Good game. Age of Empires same thing. I have Civ V and VI. I prefer V. 

Right now I'm obsessed with Phasmophobia. I'll probably be playing that for quite a while. 

4 minutes ago, Teros said:

Did you know that gout can happen when you eat garbage food and it can ALSO happen if you eat a shit-ton of cauliflower?  Guess who didn't know about option 2?

I... did not know that. Hrm... 

• Like 2

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe and the Triforce of Wisdom

Previous Challenges: 12345678910111213141516171819202122

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

Sorry to hear about Ocee man. :( 

Our old lady. She is 21. (taken a few years ago)

EB2xjpPl.jpg

And our youngest ( I think he might be a black panther 😛 )

cL8tYZ5l.jpg

We lost our Dog Nemo this year. He was a puggle we rescued from the pound when he was 10-12ish.

Ldq8dZxl.jpg

• Like 5
15 hours ago, Teros said:

Doggo name?

Roxx

15 hours ago, Teros said:

I probably ate a whole cauliflower (maybe 2?) over the course of the weekend.  Here I was, being super damn healthy and I deal with this crap.  You live, you learn.

I'm not sure how far your investigation went, but i had a colleague who, throughout his life, has had severe cases of gout. The main thing related (purine) is actually in a lot of stuff, not only cauliflower. Just a FYI.

• Like 2

... a little odd in the head ...

Assgined to the following Adventuring-Parties:

DryJanuary

WeightLossPvP

On 10/26/2020 at 3:34 PM, RhiaWolfe said:

I played Age of Mythology a long time ago before Steam was a thing.

Favorite pantheon?  I loved egyptian.  I was TERRIBLE at that game.  I'm assuming since they did a Definitive edition of AoE 1, 2, and now 3 just released- AoM Definitive will be next and I'm totally getting it.

On 10/26/2020 at 4:03 PM, Xena said:

Hope the symptoms clear up soon.

YUP! Less than 2 days later and I'm fine.

On 10/26/2020 at 6:17 PM, Tateman said:

Nemo

Awww.  I was supposed to get a puggle originally.  My bro-in-law had an aunt that was going to move into an old folks home and she couldn't keep her 10-ish puggle so my ex and I wanted to adopt but then a different relative made a stink and they took the doggo.

On 10/26/2020 at 6:21 PM, Leigh said:

fluffy critter

I heard that a lot of them are aggressive.  Cool to see a chill chippy.

On 10/27/2020 at 6:40 AM, Mr_Willes said:

The main thing related (purine) is actually in a lot of stuff, not only cauliflower. Just a FYI.

Oh I know, I googled it and was reading the things that has purine and then uric acid.  I hadn't had spinach or mushrooms and I had limited amounts of the other things on the list.  The one variable was the shitton of cauliflower but I know next time to chill with certain items.  My family has a history of gout - my mom had it for over 8 months until I convinved her to try whole30 with me.  It went away in 2 weeks.  Then she went back to eating her normal shit and gout came back.  She didn't think it was because of whole30 eating..... she was a nurse.  You'd think she wouldn't be so in denial about that kind of shit.

---

Captain Slog: StarGate 42113   (as a kid, I thought Picard said 'captain slog' was his name....not 'captain's log'.  Hurray dumb wee Teros.)

Here S Johnny GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I'm back to 100% now.  My sister seems to be ok with the cat passing and I'm fine.  I think it was more of a shock that this household has had cats for like 25+ years so to have it be cat-less is very odd.  With how depressed my sister was and how much she is home, I feel like my dogs should just stay with her.  I also have SO many pee-soaked areas of carpet that I washed with a Rug Dr but there is def still faint traces that the dog will smell and piss on again.  I'd rather not have to deal with that anymore so I think it's better for me and my sister if she takes the dogs for good.

I've been thinking about possible pets that are low maintenance.  I don't want to get a new pet *today* but in the near future.  It feels very lonely around here and it would be nice to have a critter that hears all my self-babbling.  Guinea pig? Ehhh... Hamsters? Ehhh.... Chinchilla? Ehhh... Bunny? NO (their noses freak me out).  Ideally, I want a raven because I'm totally a closeted edgy angsty teen but they are illegal to own unless you buy a non-native raven species (like one from Africa) which costs.....too much.  I've debated on maybe a parrot or something. 

Idk why I find this so funny.

With my foot being fine, I decided after work yesterday to move all the furniture around.  I moved the entertainment center away from the windows, moved my love seat and chai, workout bench, and dumbbells, as well as all the end tables and lights.  Today I have lots of little things to do.  I'm making a list so I don't forget:

-Laundry

-Dishes

-Garbage

-Vacuum

-Take out AC

-Wrap gifts

-Order clothes

-Print out rocks notes

-Clean out all papers on table

-Bank

-Cook Mongolian chicken

-Food shop?

So my weight loss stalled big-time and I needed to revamp what I'm doing.  I calculated an average for the vegetables I eat, the meats I eat, my protein smoothie, etc and depending on the day, I'm eating roughly 1300-1700 calories, or 1500/day.

THIS SUCKS.

This is obviously way too low.  I've mentioned that I'm crushing it at the gym with over 1,000 calories I burn a couple times a week, plus my dumbbell workouts. For my age/sex, I should be eating closer to 2,500....and that's without the workouts factored in. If you round down the calories for cardio and average them over the week, along with the weight-lifting, it's closer to 3,000.  So I'm eating 1,500 and I NEED 3,000 - No wonder my weightloss stalled.  I'm def in starvation mode. The thing is, I don't feel hungry.  Up until this point, I've been doing the whole "listen to your body" shit but my body is apparently a dumbass that can't speak.

Me to my body's hunger signals.

With that, I need to more actively eat more.  If I'm going to work out like Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner, I need to start eating like Ryback to compensate.

❤️, Teros

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Teros said:

Favorite pantheon?  I loved egyptian.  I was TERRIBLE at that game.  I'm assuming since they did a Definitive edition of AoE 1, 2, and now 3 just released- AoM Definitive will be next and I'm totally getting it.

Definitely Egyptian. I'm fascinated with ancient Egyptian mythology and history, so this is a no brainer for me. It's been a long time since I've played AoM but loved it. I miss the good RTS games. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Teros said:

I'm back to 100% now.  My sister seems to be ok with the cat passing and I'm fine.  I think it was more of a shock that this household has had cats for like 25+ years so to have it be cat-less is very odd.  With how depressed my sister was and how much she is home, I feel like my dogs should just stay with her.  I also have SO many pee-soaked areas of carpet that I washed with a Rug Dr but there is def still faint traces that the dog will smell and piss on again.  I'd rather not have to deal with that anymore so I think it's better for me and my sister if she takes the dogs for good.

I've been thinking about possible pets that are low maintenance.  I don't want to get a new pet *today* but in the near future.  It feels very lonely around here and it would be nice to have a critter that hears all my self-babbling.  Guinea pig? Ehhh... Hamsters? Ehhh.... Chinchilla? Ehhh... Bunny? NO (their noses freak me out).  Ideally, I want a raven because I'm totally a closeted edgy angsty teen but they are illegal to own unless you buy a non-native raven species (like one from Africa) which costs.....too much.  I've debated on maybe a parrot or something. 

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

How about pet rats??

I used to have them, and they are incredible pets! So intelligent, very clean, just lovely!! xx

Rats are awesome except for the short life span. I'm on my last pet rat now. I've had 6 total. I just can't deal with the short life spans anymore. It's hard on me, but even harder on my husband. He gets so attached and I hate to see him in pain and grieving. We may get a dog next. I want a cat, but my husband's not a fan of cats. 

• Like 4

Heroine of Time

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

8 hours ago, Salinger said:

How about pet rats??

+

7 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Rats are awesome except for the short life span.

I've been leaning that way, actually.  See, that was something I was looking at as a positive.  It's not a huge investment: I have a little fuzzy friend that I care about for like 2ish years and it's not like a 20+ year commitment unlike previous pets.

7 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Definitely Egyptian. I'm fascinated with ancient Egyptian mythology and history, so this is a no brainer for me. It's been a long time since I've played AoM but loved it. I miss the good RTS games. 

Woot woot.  Fav song:

It's so zesty.  I was big into Starcraft 1/Brood Wars, AoE 1+2, and Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun.  The AoE 2 Definitive is definitely been worth it for me on steam.  The Civ games were always not as engaging for me because of the turn-based strategy.

---

So I posted a list this morning.  I did about half of the things on it and then when I was downstairs, I was moving furniture and opened a closet and there was HOARDED MOM JUNK that I forgot about.

As I was getting ready to deal with that, I went into the laundry room to grab some stuff and moved a milkcrate of books that I wanted to bring upstairs (was figuring I should spare it from mold downstairs) and out RAINED a few hundred mouse turds.

Best Facepalm GIFs | Gfycat 

I was so overwhelmed with the other stuff that I wanted to get done that I went on a chucking-spree.  It's not like I can save these books if they are covered in mouse crap and were already warping from the moisture downstairs.  I had to do the unthinkable and throw out 8 garbage bags full of books.  And as I started moving and cleaning, it turned into a whole house project.

I moved the coffee table, freezer, broken mini-fridge, barstool, 2 dining room chairs, and a heavy endtable all downstairs and piled it up near the doorway.  The 8 bags of books are there, too.  I consolidated all the random tools that I had and repacked them to make it way more efficient.  I collected the 2 mini-tv/monitors and brought them upstairs.  I also hauled all the bundles of old school papers and a filing cabinent upstairs as well.  I finally had to stop because my feet and back were killing me after 7ish hours of this so I hopped in the shower and just got out and am posting this.

The next couple of days, I'm going to be painfully, slowly, getting through all the big blue containers of my mom's stuff and throwing more bags out.  I think between the 8 pieces of furniture, the bags of books, and the future container garbage bags, I have enough for a small dumpster.  It's just a matter of how much it costs and when I can get it.

Also a friend of mine texted me out of the blue and was telling me how great her job is (we graduated at the same time) and it made me realize how much I need to stop being a fucktard and fill out this transcript request form.  It's almost November - I wanted to take this test THIS YEAR.

OH!  And lastly, I was talking about calories and stumbled across this by accident while looking for a gif:

Review: Scott Steiner's Freak Show: The Big Poppa Pump Workout - WCW  Worldwide 

Review: Scott Steiner's Freak Show: The Big Poppa Pump Workout - WCW  Worldwide

I can't do that because of celiac but I thought it was interesting.

• Like 5

If you decide on pet rats, I recommend going to a breeder rather than Petsmart or something like that. A breeder usually has healthier rats and the rats tend to be more social. 

Yeah, I miss the old RTSs rather than the turn based. Maybe I'll get the AoE on steam. Hrm... 

Wow, that's a lot of work! I'm so sad that you had to throw out the books! Throwing out books is always sad. 

• Like 2

Heroine of Time

On 10/29/2020 at 7:39 PM, pureleeawesome said:

It sounds like you already have pet mice then?

It was GROSS.

Cmt It Sucks GIF by Party Down South - Find & Share on GIPHY 

What's messed up is that isn't even the first time I've taken a mouse-shit shower.  While I was cleaning my mom's hoarded crap at this house, there were two other times that I moved an item and hundreds of turds fell all over me.

On 10/29/2020 at 10:43 PM, Xena said:

Wow, you've done so much around the house! Great work.

Thankee. Got even more done.  I might be able to upload a pic of it.

On 10/30/2020 at 8:24 AM, RhiaWolfe said:

If you decide on pet rats, I recommend going to a breeder rather than Petsmart or something like that. A breeder usually has healthier rats and the rats tend to be more social. 

Yeah, I miss the old RTSs rather than the turn based. Maybe I'll get the AoE on steam. Hrm... 

Wow, that's a lot of work! I'm so sad that you had to throw out the books! Throwing out books is always sad. 

Ya it's what I'm leaning towards but I want to wait a little bit.  I feel I should be in the right mindspace to take care of a little ratty and since I don't put the heat on for a while, I don't want a pet to freeze around here so I'm debating the spring.

AoE 1 definitive has really shitty pathing issues.  AoE2 which I play like once a week, has a thriving community.  I can go check available games right now and there will be 50 to choose from.  They fixed a lot of netcode issues and they even have tournaments (one is going on literally this weekend for a battle royale). 

Yeah, I loved a lot of those books.  Luckily my 1984 and Ancient Weapons books weren't ruined (top milkcrate) so I have those but the other like....100 are lost.  Some I think I need to re-buy, like my Anatomy of Violence book and my Neurofeedback book.  Both were so interesting that I wrote summaries and quoted it for book reports that weren't for school.  The info in those is DENSE.

---

Happy Halloweenie | StoreFrontier™

Gout it totally gone.  I didn't do any cardio for the first half of the week but tested the waters at the end of this week and I'm really able to push myself.  I think I have solved my calories dilemma.

4 things I would like to do:

1-I bought some stuff to make a trail mix. macedamia nuts, almond, raisens, pineapple, sunflower seeds.  I'm going to have a scoop a day.  That adds a bunch of calories and healthy fats.

2-Monday/Wednesday breakfast - I normally don't eat breakfast those days since I'm at work by 6am.  I think I need to suck it up and have some eggs, sweet potato, and sausage stir fry those morning at like 5:15 am.  I think I'm going to make it ahead of time so I don't have to rush or wake up stupidly early to get it done.

3-Rice/Cheese treat - Once a week, I'm going to splurge on my whole30 and either have a cup or rice or cook with some cheese.  Neither are allowed on whole30 but the thing is, I don't go insane with those and I don't have an allergy/sensitivity to either of them so a little couple hundred calorie bump will help.

4-Slap of olive oil - I cook with olive oil and the thing is, it's not like I lick the pan or my plate so I'm losing precious calories.  I'm going to start slapping a little drizzle of olive oil on a lot of my meals.

Now, if you see what I'm adding, there's a lot of fats with the olive oil and trail mix so I might have the added benefit of slipping into keto.  It's not something I'm actively trying to do, but if my body starts using my fat-ass reserves for energy, it would be extra beneficial.

Aight, I checked on a couple threads and I'm going to go write Bellmyst story and eat lunch.  I did 1115 cals on the elliptical and upped my squats so I need to start packing these cals to keep up.

🧡,

Teros

• Like 9
  • That's Metal 2
19 hours ago, Teros said:

2-Monday/Wednesday breakfast - I normally don't eat breakfast those days since I'm at work by 6am.  I think I need to suck it up and have some eggs, sweet potato, and sausage stir fry those morning at like 5:15 am.  I think I'm going to make it ahead of time so I don't have to rush or wake up stupidly early to get it done.

I am officially making a case for egg muffins! I make these pretty regularly and they are great for early days. Warming up in the microwave takes less than a minute and you can customize them in so many ways that you don't get tired of them. 

• Like 3
On 11/1/2020 at 1:27 PM, Teros said:

I bought some stuff to make a trail mix. macedamia nuts, almond, raisens, pineapple, sunflower seeds.  I'm going to have a scoop a day.  That adds a bunch of calories and healthy fats.

This is brilliant. Maybe if I kept some of this in my pocket to snack on at work, I wouldn't be so hungry all the time? 🤔

• Like 2

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

On 11/1/2020 at 2:03 PM, Salinger said:

Great job Teros ❤️ hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend !!! xx

Hope you did too ! ❤️

On 11/1/2020 at 2:58 PM, fearless 2.0 said:

your food plan sounds solid to me! its fun to read here, you are doing really well!!!!! :)

Thankee!  It feels like I'm working out like an athlete so I need to start eating the calories to keep up.

On 11/2/2020 at 9:26 AM, Sylvaa said:

I am officially making a case for egg muffins! I make these pretty regularly and they are great for early days. Warming up in the microwave takes less than a minute and you can customize them in so many ways that you don't get tired of them. 

Hrm....I don't have a microwave though.  Not sure I could eat them cold.  I've done egg muffins before though so maybe I should try to do something similar as a little patty-type thing I can fry up real quick.

On 11/5/2020 at 3:48 AM, juliebarkley said:

This is brilliant. Maybe if I kept some of this in my pocket to snack on at work, I wouldn't be so hungry all the time? 🤔

Filthy Frank Ravioli Ravioli GIF - FilthyFrank RavioliRavioli  WhatsInThePocketOli - Discover & Share GIFs

Lemmie know if you do.  I've found that it's tasty enough to feel like a little treat, but I know that totally healthy and it seems to be working this week.

---

Hey haven't posted much the past couple of days - because I'm so busy rocking.

I decided to chill out with the elliptical calories, but push myself more with the weight-lifting and I feel really good right now.  I'm upgrading my arms workout.

Was That Scott Steiner?

I was able to bang out 30 reps of the lighter weight for my biceps and tricep exercises so it's time to move to the medium weights.  I did a set of 6 reps with the medium weights for bicep but I didn't try the medium weight for the triceps so it should be interesting.  Now that I've been in a strength workout routine for a few months, I notice that the rate at which I build muscle varies greatly by type (keep in mind I started with bodyweight/7 lb for all exercises and once I was able to do 30 reps, would upgrade to 30 lb dumbbells. Then do 30 reps and upgrade to 50 lb. dumbbells.)

-Squats developed the quickest: with me getting used to the 100 lb (heavy) sets rather quickly and needing even more weight than I even have around the house.

-Bench press: 30+ reps of the medium weight so I'm about to start the heavy weight next workout.

-Back Row: 30+ reps but I seem to be stalling.  Not quite able to upgrade to the Heavy set yet.

-Bicep: 30+ light weights but I just started that this challenge so I'm doing a few Medium weights.

-Tricep: 30+ light weights but I just started that this challenge so I'm going to *try* Medium weights.

-Overhead Press: 10 Heavy weights but I started this back when I started squats/bench/back, so this one has developed the slowest.

I feel at this rate, my Bicep/Tricep/Overhead press will all be equal in reps/weight in a month or so despite my OHP being like 6 months ahead  🤔

This begs the question:

Whaaaay? How come I'm not growing boulder-shoulders?  I mean, I'm fine with each muscle group growing at different rates because of the size of the muscle and how often it's used, but it just seems lopsided for the shoulders to be lacking this much.

In other news, today and yesterday I went through 12 years of paychecks and stacks of papers. 

Yesterday I was also wrapping gifts - roughly 17 things wrapped.

I also sorted through and bagged up all those giant blue containers of hoarded junk my mom had this week, too.  This is my cellar right now; ready to chuck it all:

image.png

Every garbage day, I'm going to stuff a can chuck full of some of this.  I'm expecting at least 4 or 5 garbage days for all the bagged crap to go.  I also can bring 1 non-bag item to a friend's house since their garbage men will take stuff by the side of the road for free.  So I'll get rid of a chair and 5 bags this week, then a chair and 5 bags, then that desk and 5 bags, etc.  You get the idea. Can't tell because of the framing - but there are 21 bags of garbage to get rid of.  I'm planning on writing story and checking the threads tomorrow.  I REALLY wanted to get all this crap done before I updated my thread and that's done so...

Borat - Great success - Instant Sound Effect Button | Myinstants

❤️,

Teros

• Like 8
  • That's Metal 2

OHP is a notoriously stubborn lift, it's very common for that to be someone's slowest progressing lift.

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Niiiice dude, you have done some decluttering WORK!  I bet it's such a good feel to have everything all bagged and boxed and ready to go.

I found you on steam and sent a friend request!

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru