• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salinger

Salinger's thirty fifth challenge!

Quite a simple one for me this challenge. 

- 3000 steps per day (5 days a week)

- Home-cooked main meal (5 days a week) 

- One longer hike per week

I may add to these goals, I am still thinking about them, of course I want to add meditation and reading and all sorts....haha but its best to stay simple for now. Also i know the step count is mega low, but working from home, i barely move at all tbh and so i think its good to start like this, and get some motivation going?

Food could be a lot better, but its improved a little lately, I have been cooking main meals, but still doing bad for lunches. (nothing or take out or too much bread) 

Could do with prepping some tuna salads for lunch. In fact yes i will do that ....! 

I love this time of year usually, but of course, its tough right now. The world will never be the same again, and i'm in the midst of grief. But, I am doing as well as i can, working hard...

Oh - also, the week before the challenge ends, my new project's crowdfunder will also end. If you would like the link, or more information, please just ask and I will send to you ❤️ 

Fingers crossed hey....just launched it an hour ago eeeek. 

x

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Maggie-Miau said:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeah i believe in you sal!

Thanks for your support Mia ❤️ 

6 minutes ago, shaar said:

HI FRIEND ❤️

You are always an inspiration! So so glad to see you ever-present and kicking ass!!

Oh Shaar, cheered me up, seeing you and your NAME :)

Thank you , how kind xx

Hey all. Phew what a long fucking day. I must have replied to a million emails, writen 5,000 proposals and responded to 265 people asking questions :P

So the crowdfunder is live....

And it is now about promoting it, but also keep working on our projects. SO much to do. I am tired but a bit wired too, plus i have an annoying ulcer on my tongue :(

Tomorrow will be extremely busy again. Need to go to the bank, write two proposals, prep some lunches, Two meetings in the afternoon and nip over to a friends with her bday pressie. Plus try to get my steps in and cook a proper meal. 

I do feel a little overwhelmed tonight. A little anxious too. Some dark thoughts swirling round my head. 

Will make a tea and try and relax! x

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

i think its good to start like this, and get some motivation going?

That's how I was able to kick myself in the butt. Set a lower goal and smash it.  Woot woot

40 minutes ago, Salinger said:

dark thoughts swirling round

Dispel [GIF] : magicTCG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aramis said:

Hey Liz! 

I like your goals - not too much, but still making a difference. Baby steps FTW 👍

Hugs ❤️

Hey Aramis, thanks a lot my friend xx

58 minutes ago, Novaurora said:

I love your hiking goal.  Here we are again.  Hopefully I stick it out this time.

N.O.V.A :)

I hope so too, but no pressure ❤️ xx

• Like 1

Hey all. 4am .... just up with a cuppa. 

Been chatting to my New York buddy, about our project. We have big dreams for this, exciting stuff tbh. :)

I didnt sleep much, 3.5 hours according to the fitbit, and the majority was in REM sleep...

Anyway... im awake now. 

So for todays goals:

- Take medication

- Cash cheque in at the bank

- Wash dishes

- Put bins out

- Promote CF

- Finish and send Unlimited proposal

- Meeting at 3pm to discuss website design

- Meeting to discuss residency proposal 

- Prep lunch for 3 days (tuna salad) 

- Eat good home-cooked food through the day

- Drink 3 bottles of water

- 3000 steps through the day

- Take birthday present to friend

Lots to doooooo!

Its so cold brrrrrrr 8C apparently. Im sure its colder in the flat haha might have to get the hot water bottle out soon. 

Anyway - i guess i could start some work soon, nothing else to do! And means i can nap later without feeling guilty. xx

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Teros said:

That's how I was able to kick myself in the butt. Set a lower goal and smash it.  Woot woot

Yeahhh glad it worked for you!! Hope it will for me too!!! xx

• Like 1

Hey all. 2pm....not doing very well today, took fucking ages to get INSIDE the bank ugh to cash my cheque. Jeeeez. 30 mins stood there .... in the freezing cold. 

Oh well done now, but i feel run down :( need some water probably, as getting a headache. 

Bought some salad so will make some lunches if i can be BOTHERED to get up off the sofa. 

I feel desperately sad and poorly. Its also shark week :( whyyyyyyy is life so annoying today?? 

Will try to get up and do some cleaning. xx

Love your goals and your meal prep pictures!

My issue with meal prep is that I'll make 4 days of lunches... and then at the end of those four days I've gotten so used to having everything prepped that I become lost trying to figure out what to eat that next day. I guess I need to figure out a day/time and make that my meal prep time.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, GoodDoug said:

Love your goals and your meal prep pictures!

My issue with meal prep is that I'll make 4 days of lunches... and then at the end of those four days I've gotten so used to having everything prepped that I become lost trying to figure out what to eat that next day. I guess I need to figure out a day/time and make that my meal prep time.

Thanks Doug. 

Yes .... i will maybe have Monday / Thursdays as meal prep day for lunches!! Lets see if it works ❤️ xx

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, foxinthenorth said:

Your lunches look great!

:D xx

26 minutes ago, iatetheyeti said:

Following along!

I do like the simplicity of your goals, and I very much love the food prep pics :D

Yay glad to see you Yeti!

• Like 2

Sal, sister! Im not doin this challenge. My body and my counselor tell me to take it easy for a while. I wont be able to do that being here and seing you guys kick ass! :) I will just enjoy myself for a while while keeping up what I do. Meet you here later.. I don't know how long my break needs to be... will check on you in between...

your challenge is solid and I wish you all the best! BIG HUG! ❤️ 

• Like 2