Stronkey Kong: Becoming wise and wizardly

3 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

I had breakfast pizza today as well. With champagne, because I've been watching the news. :) 

Very well done.

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

YAY!!! 

(happy dancing) 

And now all the pizza is gone.

• Like 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

Carrot cake oreos are quite good, and they pair well with Champagne.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

11 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

Duly noted.

• Like 1

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26

18 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

And this is a prime example of why moving to the US is gonna be high risk for me 😅

• Haha 3

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Current:   Cry Havoc™: Bladesong of the Warhawk

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

3 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

And this is a prime example of why moving to the US is gonna be high risk for me 😅

We'll get insulin on standby your first Pumpkin Spice Season in the US.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Tonight:

Eating Oreos

Playing with Unreal Engine (I'm learning real level building/mock ups)

I built a couple of rooms and played with lighting and whatnot...

2f8e9e47b9c6f8c18b923a9686458565d6548821

Stairs to Skylight

e6636da3c89cee29aa7a00f5deb1d6aab0c7d74d

Sconces and Brass Disco Ball

In Between Eating oreos and building rooms I got some supersets in:

Dips: 4, 5, 3

Rows: 145# 5, 6, 5

36# KB Halos: 2x10 (once each direction)

36# KB Goblet Press and tricep extension (That's what I'm calling it, mostly self explanatory)

Band Bicep curls: 2x 10 (once each arm)

Then I'm getting on the stat bike once I post this.

• Like 6

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

This week I have eaten:

A pizza (the last one I mentioned on here)

A bottle of champagne

a slab of oreos

A bag of Malt-o-meal knock off crunch berries

Two boxes of oatmeal squares (last spring/summer, when I had it together, a box of this or raisin bran lasted a week)

And there's been some veggies and fruits in between but damn.

I need rules you guys. I could abide any one of those in a given week, but all five in as many days.

I'm at 275, 20 lbs heavier in just two months or so. BMI measures at 36.5 and BF% is 36.4. My waist is 47 in! (up from 42 or so)

And remembering now, I undid the button on my pants last night for comfort while I was at work.

I need rules.

If only simple ones like, only one indulgence per week, eat more vegetables than cereal, or don't combine oreos and champagne.

=========================

Please hold off on your responses for a minute. Any defense of HAES or IE isn't going to help. Neither are advice, nor chastising and criticism... my own brain has that covered. I'm not going to deny they make me a little anxious and angry, but those numbers are something to be rationally concerned about. And I'm not feeling great either, not just because of the numbers but physically. I'm gonna sit with this for the evening and see if I can figure it out.

• Like 4

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

No advice or criticism here... but I would like to point out that most of your post shows that you have figured out what you need, and a part of that is that what works for others won't necessarily work for you. It might not feel good right now, but figuring out what doesn't work for you is still a form of progress. 

And not feeling great right now is perfectly fine. Don't beat yourself up too much though. You don't deserve that. :) 

• Like 2

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26

5 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

Please hold off on your responses for a minute. Any defense of HAES or IE isn't going to help. Neither are advice, nor chastising and criticism... my own brain has that covered. I'm not going to deny they make me a little anxious and angry, but those numbers are something to be rationally concerned about. And I'm not feeling great either, not just because of the numbers but physically. I'm gonna sit with this for the evening and see if I can figure it out

that'sroughbuddycover.jpg

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Thanks everyone.

I didn't mean to shut everyone down... that last part was kinda blunt... but I just needed to vent and then have some space for thought.

I know what I need to do... Back to the BuJo like I was doing early in the summer. There's a good plan there that worked, wasn't restrictive, and believe it or not I fell into a good habitual routine with it....

But it did get a little too routine after a while. I decided to have some pizza at one point and it all crumbled from there.

So I'll just start over and follow that plan until I get back below 260. Knowing ahead of time that that's where it gets challenging, I'm going to switch gears and focus on the exercise and less on eating less, but just eating better... like don't mix champagne and oreos.

Gotta go in early to work for meeting, but I'll be home early and ready to get started on fixing this fitness thing.

• Like 4

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

3 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

I didn't mean to shut everyone down... that last part was kinda blunt... but I just needed to vent and then have some space for thought.

If ever there is a place where you can do that safely, it's your own challenge thread here at NF. Be as blunt as you need to be!

Your new (old?) plan of attack sounds like a really good one. I'd wish you good luck with it, but you don't need luck. You've got this. :) 

• Like 3

Last night off for the weekend, and things are shaping up decently.

No workouts yet for the weekend, but I've mostly been catching up on sleep, and focusing on eating better. I just spent a couple hours having dinner at my parents: brisket, mashed potatoes, asparagus, a roll, and a rice krispy treat.

And I just remembered, I had goals at the beginning...

Spellbook (BuJo)

64da19cb613cc1a9cc286a785b1a12e1f2a08453

I updated it after skipping using it last week. As you can see I incorporated the color coding system from Noom.

Red = Calorie dense foods (Meat, Dairy, Fat/Oil, Junk/Fast Food, Wine, and eggs) -- eat sparingly

Yellow = Medium calorie density, but nutritionally valuable (Whey, Poulty, Seafood, Veg. Proteins, Beans/Legumes, Nuts/Seeds, grains) -- eat frequently

Green = Low calorie density (fruits, vegetables) -- eat freely

The way I'm doing this is to just try to avoid the red stuff at the top or use it sparingly at meal times. The yellow stuff makes the base of a meal, it's mostly proteins and carbs and in-between. Then the green stuff is included with meals and can be eaten freely anytime as snacks.

I rebooted the BuJo and diet to begin on Friday. Combined with a little bit of effort Wed and Thu I dropped a few pounds of junk weight and I feel a lot better... but hungrier. Last night I was super hungry so I made a whole box (16 oz) of pasta. I ate about half that in a couple of servings... topped with cheese of course. I was hungry. So that was a pretty big meal, but it was a better way to mitigate the usual cravings than I did in the previous week, i.e. with a pizza and a bottle of wine, or a whole box of crunch berries. I figure 1000 cals vs 2000 cals. That's an indulgence I can forgive.

Magic Words

Learning Slovene: I have neglected this all week.

Wizardly Fitness:

I haven't worked out this weekend, but I think I'll get on it later tonight with some dips and rows, then since i haven't messed with HEMA stuff, I'm gonna sand my staff to smooth out the surface and try to practice some stances and footwork. SMH... something at least.

Conjuring the Unreal

I haven't worked on Unreal Engine stuff since last weekend. I'm gonna do some more tonight tho. Yesterday, I went back to NES stuff and learned a little more about programming those games. I'm straddling two worlds here. Both inform each other, but are so radically different. And I'm trying to choose which to focus on and where it could land me.

NES programming could possibly get me to doing work on embedded systems and firmware, which is ideal if I was doing full-time programming work.I'm also thinking about a couple of other projects to work on to get me into that. I could also make homebrew NES indie games and sell them as a side hustle.

Unreal Engine would likely be little more than a side gig... picking up game dev contracts... and hopefully stacking up indie game royalties. I don't think I'd be happy working for one of the big game developers helping churn out slightly modified game aesthetics on the same old game engines. Making a living off helping the indie guys develop their quirkier, more original though less marketable games sounds very appealing to me.

SMH.

Wizard's Tower

With work being limited to four nights/week, I don't have much choice but to try working 12 hour days. Our meeting Thursday was to figure out new start times for the shift. Everyone kinda trickles in because we don't have well defined start/end times and the shop manager wants us to tighten that up and come in early. This means, at least, the I have to come in earlier. Now if I can just make myself

• Like 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

And...

I just found out my boss and two other managers (ya know, the guys that talk to everyone daily) are likely positive for covid. 

Here we go!

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1
  • Angry on your Behalf 2

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

42 minutes ago, Stronkey Kong said:

And...

I just found out my boss and two other managers (ya know, the guys that talk to everyone daily) are likely positive for covid. 

Here we go!

That sucks. Do you think you've been exposed?

41 minutes ago, Stronkey Kong said:

And...

Here we go!

Just for the record...

I'm not mad or upset. I accepted this as an eventuality the day the shutdown was announced in our state. I don't think this is due to any recklessness on the part of our managers. 

We're in the middle of the pandemic and it's that time of year.  When this shit always gets around. 

Just hoping for the best for everyone 

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

2 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

That sucks. Do you think you've been exposed?

Idk. The chances are good enough that I'm gonna get tested tomorrow if possible. 

• Like 2

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge

2 minutes ago, Stronkey Kong said:

I'm not mad or upset. I accepted this as an eventuality the day the shutdown was announced in our state. I don't think this is due to any recklessness on the part of our managers. 

We're in the middle of the pandemic and it's that time of year.  When this shit always gets around. 

We are, and given the situation in the USA, it's very easy to become infected without anyone being at fault.

Smart move to get tested, and smarter not to try to cast blame and hold grudges. I hope the test is negative!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My boss tested negative! -- Though, high false negative rates for covid tests, I'm kinda like 🤷‍♂️

I checked last night on testing options and couldn't find any place available until Monday. My main reason for getting one ASAP was just to get ahead of it, but if work follows up with contact tracing and testing they'll probably send me off Monday with covid pay to get tested, so I can wait. I'll just be monitoring my symptoms until then.

Now... let's throw another wrench into the works...

I signed up for a course on intellectual property law on coursera. I had the idea, and it hasn't been the first time, to look into going back to school to study law. There are reasons why this is a good idea and others why its bad, but I find the topic of IP law interesting, with my interests in most things creative and technical it would be a good fit for and could help me if I do create/invent something.

Part of me is like, "Dude! Quit fucking around spending money on taking online courses (I'm only in the 7day trial ATM) and focus on something!" But the course is really easy thus far (yet informative) just watch video --> read article --> take quiz and repeat. I think that in addition to this course,  my science/research background and manufacturing experience, I could easily find work as a paralegal at an IP firm.

It seems like a smart move, that won't take too much effort.

Spellbook

I lost track of the BuJo sometime on Tuesday or Wednesday. Quite of bit of Burger king was consumed. And by last night I gave precisely zero fucks.

But I've updated it for the next week, and am starting over healthy and fresh. I'm pushing fruits and veggies and most things plant based tonight and probably the rest of the weekend to offset the damage from the last couple of days.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but my Bujo weeks (and by extension these challenge weeks will now run Fri-Thu, making them even weirder, but this goes with my philosophy of start fresh on the weekend when you have time and head space for the effort. It does help.

Magic Words

Slovene studies are now very much neglected. Though, I am studying other systems of magic words like computing languages and IP law so...

Wizardly Fitness

This too very much neglected. Tho I did get on my stat bike for 15 minutes the other day. Yup. That is all 15 min. It did me not much good, but at least probably no harm. What a stupid sentence.

Conjuring the Unreal

If I don't eat up all my time watching videos about IP law, I'll get back on to this.

Wizard's Tower

Sigh. Threats of time off work and not having the energy and desire to put in 4, 12 hour days means I"m not going to be able to save much. Really, a career change is in order here.

• Like 3

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge