Xena's fall re-set

Xena

On 11/8/2020 at 1:33 PM, Xena said:

I'm excited to have a big trip "planned" in the future. Not planned in any kind of detail, but 2 friends and I have loosely agreed to climb Mount Kenya (not a true summit, but a lower peak that doesn't require technical skill) in 2 years. We haven't planned this in any detail, but I think it will actually happen unless some kind of serious circumstances intervene. It always helps me mentally to have something big to look forward to.

Oh my goodness this sounds amazing. I'm so excited for you!

• Thanks 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Tuesday and Wednesday were good. I went running both days and got in a strength workout Wednesday. The twingy muscle in my upper back got better, and I seem not to have injured anything else during my strength workout. I made my calorie goals both days.

Today is a kind of weird day challenge-wise. I've had painters in my house all day, so I didn't exercise. I could have gone running, but then wasn't sure I would be able to get into the shower. Now it's dark, so I'm just gonna skip it. It was also raining most of the day. I'll run tomorrow.

I'm so happy to be getting this painting done! I don't mind doing the work of painting, but there was a lot of cracking and other repair work that I'm less comfortable doing. I also have some high ceilings that I wouldn't be comfortable dealing with on my own. So I left it for years and years. I finally got some professionals in now because I had some flooring put in and wanted someone with experience to do the finish coats. It all looks so much better!!

• Like 9

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

2 hours ago, Xena said:

Ugh. Kind of a waste of a day. I was pretty much trapped in my room while the painters worked. It's just a couple days, and the house will be a lot nicer at the end of it.

Do you have to be home while they're there? Maybe you can just go on a 8 hour run... sounds reasonable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

On 11/13/2020 at 10:30 PM, Kestrel Grey said:

Do you have to be home while they're there? Maybe you can just go on a 8 hour run... sounds reasonable. 

I know I could have worked around the situation better, but it was just very awkward timing. I usually head out for my morning run around 7:30, and the painters were showing up at 8:00 every day. I felt like I should be there when they arrived. Then it got awkward for various reasons b/c they were working on my stairs and hallway. I was "trapped" in my room a bunch of the time. I could have worked it out differently, but in the end I just didn't. I decided that I'm not really training for anything right now, and a couple days off wasn't the end of the world. I'll be back at it next week.

4 hours ago, Teros said:

How does it look now?  Is it all done?

Yes! It looks great! This was a kind of ever-expanding project that really started with me just wanted to replace some flooring because the cat had scratched up the carpet. It's finally all done. No more home projects for me in 2020 (though, not to tempt fate...not asking for an unexpected disaster!).

----------

Yeah, this week was weird. I got in just over 20 miles, and did my 2 strength workouts, but that's it. I made my calorie goal 4 days (missed 1, didn't track 2). Next week will have more consistent training.

• Like 8

Oct/Nov 2016

Yesterday I missed my calorie goal by a little bit. Today I made it.

Weather was good today, so I got in a nice 5 mile run with some short surges (15 s of faster running). I did an extra strength workout. I even did a short relaxation video this evening. I'm feeling very virtuous on the exercise front.

Tomorrow is going to be really cold. I'm supposed to run 3-5 miles. I'm guessing it will be closer to 3.

This weekend is supposed to be reasonably warm. I might join some friends for one last paddleboarding trip of the year.

• Like 8

Oct/Nov 2016

I was braced for cold this morning, but it wasn't so bad. Got in a little over 3 miles and did my strength work. Made the calorie goal today.

I had my Spanish lesson this evening. Decided to watch some tv in Spanish afterward to practice more, but didn't want to think too hard. I found "Doc McStuffins" ("Doctora Juguetes") and that was pretty much exactly my speed.

image.png

• Like 3

Oct/Nov 2016

48 minutes ago, Xena said:

I had my Spanish lesson this evening. Decided to watch some tv in Spanish afterward to practice more, but didn't want to think too hard. I found "Doc McStuffins" ("Doctora Juguetes") and that was pretty much exactly my speed.

When I was working in a hospital with a pediatric side we had an ER Doc who looked for all the world like Doc McStuffins. She hated the comparison but it did make it easier for her to relate to the kids.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

22 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

When I was working in a hospital with a pediatric side we had an ER Doc who looked for all the world like Doc McStuffins. She hated the comparison but it did make it easier for her to relate to the kids.

I'm sorry she didn't like the comparison, but it sounds kind of cute.

• Like 1

Oct/Nov 2016

Thursday I think I slacked off.

Friday I ran 5 miles, mostly on trail. In the evening I met up with a couple friends for a drink out on my friend's patio. For these BYO events, I have a whiskey pint bottle that I've been using as my portable wine flask. I like it because I can put in just the amount I plan to drink. That bottle has gotten a lot of use over the past few months.

Today I went paddleboarding! Not something I would usually do in November, but (1) it was usually warm, and (2) in these Covid times, I'll jump at any opportunity for a safe adventure. It felt like a big gift to get one more day out on the water.

I've been under on calories for at least 3 days this week. Currently under today but contemplating getting some yogurt, which would put me over by a bit. Ok...I'm legitimately hungry...gonna go for it.

• Like 7

Oct/Nov 2016

20 hours ago, Xena said:

Today I went paddleboarding! Not something I would usually do in November, but (1) it was usually warm, and (2) in these Covid times, I'll jump at any opportunity for a safe adventure. It felt like a big gift to get one more day out on the water.

I haven't tried paddleboarding but it looks like fun and seems like a perfect activity for COVID times since you're' unlikely to be too close to anyone :)

• Like 1

I guess I forgot to do a week 4 report

1. Quick Strength: I did my two workouts, plus a bonus workout (glute video, some ab stuff and some pushups), and paddleboarding. A good week.

2. Stretching: Meh. I've sort of given up on this goal. I did at least one good mobility session (maybe more), but I haven't been tracking it and I"m not regular about it.

3. Calories: I made the goal of at least 3 days under 2300. Probably hit it 4 or 5 days. Weight has come down a few pounds since the start of the challenge.

I did one of my quick strength workouts today. I would normally do the other one on Wed or Thurs, but I have plans to go over to my BFF's for Thanksgiving dinner (I'm gonna eat in her barn with her and her husband if it is remotely warm enough) and we are going to do a workout first. Part of it is going to be setting a benchmark for our new pushup challenge (I'll write about that in my next challenge), so I don't want to do too much the day before. I'm giving myself permission to modify the workout to substitute something else for all the pushups.

• Like 6

Oct/Nov 2016

Monday (above) was a normal good challenge day.

Tuesday I found out that I got a significant promotion at work. It doesn't change my day-to-day life, but it is really nice recognition. It turned into kind of a weird day. Because it was so close to the holiday, I somehow kept thinking it was Friday. I also didn't feel like counting calories, so I didn't. I did my normal running, but don't remember if I did anything else.

Wednesday felt like a blurry continuation of Tuesday. Again, did running but probably not much else challenge-wise.

Yesterday was Thanksgiving. I did my baseline test for a push-up challenge I'm doing with friends (more on that next thread). I got 14 negatives. I more-or-less did the last workout in the Quick Strength program. I modified this one a bit because it had a ton of pushups in it, and I had just done the baseline test. By the time I contemplated running, it was starting to rain, but it was surprisingly warm out. It somehow seemed kind of interesting, so I went ahead and did my 3-mile run.  I went to my BFF's house for dinner. We were gonna do it in their garage/barn, but decided in the end just to go inside. They've been more-or-less in my covid bubble from the beginning, so I felt good about it.

Today I met a couple friends at a local trail to do a time trial loop. Because it's 2020 and that's the way things are these days, my watch completely lost it's shit in the middle of the loop and started flashing jibberish numbers at me. That threw me off my game [and I may have started too hard], so I didn't push as hard the second half as I probably should have. I was able to more-or-less reconstruct the time later (I was actually wearing 2 watches...one GPS watch where I just didn't start a new split at the first time and my timex which was temporarily taken over by forest fairies or something). My first half was a very good split, and the second half was sucky. I may try again next week. But even with the sucky second half it was a solid workout.

I'm in the middle of watching the Lighthouse. That is a weird movie....I needed a break.

oooh...and today, I figured out how to download audiobooks from the library onto my phone. Thanks @deftona @juliebarkley and @Snarkyfishguts ! (hope I didn't forget anyone). I'm gonna try listening to "Island of the Lost." When I'm reading for pleasure, I really prefer fiction, but I think this would be interesting as an audiobook. I'll probably listen to it mostly while exercising, so hopefully it's not too complicated.

• Like 9

Oct/Nov 2016

Congrats on the promotion! It's great they recognized your work.

Running in the (warm) rain is fun if it isn't too muddy.  How is the footing on the trails around you?

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

4 hours ago, Xena said:

Tuesday I found out that I got a significant promotion at work. It doesn't change my day-to-day life, but it is really nice recognition.

Congratulations!

4 hours ago, Xena said:

oooh...and today, I figured out how to download audiobooks from the library onto my phone.

Yay! Have fun! :)

• Like 1

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  34  35  36  37  38  39 

Congratulations on the promotion!

• Thanks 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132Ambition [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11