1 hour ago, Scaly Freak said:

That is entirely possible. Like The Borg, my company is everywhere and assimilates greedily. Alternatively, every tech company in the world has realized that pictures of cute and happy animals are an easy way to increase morale in an unexpectedly drawn-out WFH situation ;) 

And that is good news about the full consent. I will put the sharp weapons away, for now.

Hrm, mine too. I work for FIS for the last year. Love the company culture so far, and they do pretty good on work life balance. 

58 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Hrm, mine too. I work for FIS for the last year. Love the company culture so far, and they do pretty good on work life balance. 

We do not work for the same company then. Not even close. :D 

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37

I am pleased to see you are still on the wagon.  B)

• That's Metal 1

[Level ?] Altered Outrider (Tech Shaman/Lightning Tempest)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Equipment: Armor of the First Altered (rare), ECA-AR4 'Space Revenant' rifle (rare), Outrider's pack & Enoch alchemy kit.

Total experience earned to date:  0 / 5000 XP

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Grimalkin's Cruel Tutelage

image.png.9a52f566480435e1a8c3c55125ce6870.png

Ended up doing 90-95% singles for heavy work this week. A bit at a loss as Wisconsin goes into a 3rd wave of the pandemic, and gyms may be closed if sensible leadership is installed tomorrow. I currently go to a YMCA that serves low income communities, and they're unable to enforce their mask rules on the affluent white lifters, whose fees and donations are required to feed low income children. So, I go, I mask, and I spray everything before using it. Meanwhile Mr. Laghail is slowly acquiring pieces of a home gym to get us through, should another lockdown be enforced. 

Octavia's Workbench

Octavia Cotton/Gallery | The Wandering Inn Wiki | Fandom

So here's the replacement piece! 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHGoXIMD6JS/?igshid=f5uhi69y3xdu

Garden of Sanctuary

Mala was the order of the day yesterday, and I also got a printers drawer hung to hold different meditation aids. Imagine the picture below but stuffed with a rock collection, chunks of wood, and a few small bowls.

DIY Craft Storage Shadow Box from Repurposed Printer's Tray - Southern  Revivals

Olesm's Chess Journal

Any dresden fans here? I'm crafting a dresden's milwaukee for my setting and I'd be curious to hear what power groups you find interesting to play with.

• Like 6

That sucks that so many of the lifters at your gym are being so selfish - ours don't have mask mandates, but anybody caught not cleaning their equipment has been left under no illusions from the owners that they won't be welcome back if they don't get their act in order.

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

1 hour ago, Laghail said:

What’s kept the forum challenges relevant to your needs lately?

That they have not demanded any energy investment. (I don't ration spoons... I have bars for health, stamina, and mana, that slowly replenish when I'm not taking damage. ;) )

I come here, post my challenge, post updates or not, depending on how full the bars are. There is no expectations or demand to spend energy I can't afford to spend, and as a result, I can come here, read posts and make comments, and feel the health bars refill just a little bit faster than they normally do.

• Like 1

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37

Taking stock of everything every 5-6 weeks is really valueable to me. I could theoretically do that on my own, but.... well, I coach people for a living right, so I help them set goals and sub goals and I evaluate their progress with them and re-set the goals etc. They don’t actually need me for this, but because of me they sit down to do it and get regular reminders and things like that. The NF forums do that for me. 

And I try to set it up in such a way that updating also brings me something.. talking out loud, journaling.. it helps me take note of the positives.. and sometimes it makes me do something I’d rather not because then I can post about it x) 

And I get something out of reading other peoples threads. Like your question. Unlike Scaly I do feel a bit of obligation to post/comment simply because I know how much I appreciate it so I want to spread the joy. But it’s very worth it because I try to only follow threads that I find entertaining or educational or interesting or thought provoking or inspiring or wholesome or... :) 

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl stomps on some frogs and goes to sleep (maybe)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

21 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

That they have not demanded any energy investment. (I don't ration spoons... I have bars for health, stamina, and mana, that slowly replenish when I'm not taking damage. ;) )

I come here, post my challenge, post updates or not, depending on how full the bars are. There is no expectations or demand to spend energy I can't afford to spend, and as a result, I can come here, read posts and make comments, and feel the health bars refill just a little bit faster than they normally do.

17 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Taking stock of everything every 5-6 weeks is really valueable to me. I could theoretically do that on my own, but.... well, I coach people for a living right, so I help them set goals and sub goals and I evaluate their progress with them and re-set the goals etc. They don’t actually need me for this, but because of me they sit down to do it and get regular reminders and things like that. The NF forums do that for me. 

And I try to set it up in such a way that updating also brings me something.. talking out loud, journaling.. it helps me take note of the positives.. and sometimes it makes me do something I’d rather not because then I can post about it x) 

And I get something out of reading other peoples threads. Like your question. Unlike Scaly I do feel a bit of obligation to post/comment simply because I know how much I appreciate it so I want to spread the joy. But it’s very worth it because I try to only follow threads that I find entertaining or educational or interesting or thought provoking or inspiring or wholesome or... :) 

You both are gorgeous souls. 

Grimalkin's Cruel Tutelage

Like the [Muscle Magus] of Pallas, I'm a bit confused as gyms potential shut down and covid risk is spiking. The home gym is coming along, even while I'm not ponying up the cash to equip more than 300ish lbs of weights. The plan is to outfit the gym slowly until we get a firm shutdown order, and keep using lysol on everything we touch at the gym until then. So I'm switching to a high volume plan in order to make 300lbs meaningful for my lifts. Still disoriented by the pending loss of my third space, and kissing end of year 1rm's goodbye again. It's okay to observe small losses, and those don't invalidate the massive losses experienced by my friends and neighbors and family.

Category:Fanart-of-Grimalkin | The Wandering Inn Wiki | Fandom

Octavia's Workbench

I managed to salvage a dead necklace of my roommates and use the spare parts with some rose quartz to put together the piece below. It's for a cabaret singer friend, and I wanted her to have a little bling with her zen. I had trouble getting a decent photo, and the smarter thing woulda been to wait for better sun, but meh.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHY230ADu9s/?igshid=n7uyq2tzh1qf

pawn-by-jason.png?w=580&h=585

Garden of Sanctuary

Lovely time last night. Mr lagail has been helping bully me into consistent self-care and last night he banished me to go drum and chant and sundry hippy nonsense. I also brought a yorkie, bc mood. Speaking of hippy shit, anyone use entheogens in their meditation practice? I have my eye on a garden of morning glories for next year, for reasons. 

mrsha-and-apista-by-auspiciousoctopi.png?w=580&h=486

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I know that the fitness bit wasn't the most important part of that update, but did I hear you'll be starting PHAT if the lockdowns happen? :P

Nah, probs just go to 50% of 1rm, and grind 20 rep sets with 10lb increases every week. Come out of the home gym hiatus with a better base to return to low rep work in a few month.

57 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Good on the Mr. for pushing you to do the things that help you feel better!

He's literally the best. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Nah, probs just go to 50% of 1rm, and grind 20 rep sets with 10lb increases every week. Come out of the home gym hiatus with a better base to return to low rep work in a few month.

Can I interest you in a running program to go with the sets of 20? :P

16 minutes ago, Laghail said:

He's literally the best. 

❤️ glad you and him found each other!

Ballroom dancer, data nerd, calisthenics dabbler

2 hours ago, Laghail said:

Still disoriented by the pending loss of my third space, and kissing end of year 1rm's goodbye again. It's okay to observe small losses, and those don't invalidate the massive losses experienced by my friends and neighbors and family.

Yep. 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl stomps on some frogs and goes to sleep (maybe)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

13 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Can I interest you in a running program to go with the sets of 20? :P

Which one are you doing? But nah, I have an elliptical and I have cardio lifting for this winter. I'm debating grabbing snow shoes or a set of nordic skis for funsies this winter, but I'm not sure I trust myself to use the things enough to justify yet another hobby investment.

11 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Which one are you doing? But nah, I have an elliptical and I have cardio lifting for this winter. I'm debating grabbing snow shoes or a set of nordic skis for funsies this winter, but I'm not sure I trust myself to use the things enough to justify yet another hobby investment.

Haha I came across this one called "none to run" while trying to search for just a simple table laying out couch 2 5k week by week. It's the same basic noob program idea as C25k, it was just easier to find a write up, haha.

But tbh, if it doesn't suit your goals, don't bother! I picked it up because I wanted to get a bit more of an aerobic base for long dance days of practice and as an excuse to get outside more.

1 minute ago, Mike Wazowski said:

But tbh, if it doesn't suit your goals, don't bother! I picked it up because I wanted to get a bit more of an aerobic base for long dance days of practice and as an excuse to get outside more.

Nah, just Wisconsin winter running isn't my jam. Spring through summer, I'm your guy for a few plodding 5k's a week. How's quarentine life treating you with social support?

2 hours ago, Laghail said:

Nah, just Wisconsin winter running isn't my jam. Spring through summer, I'm your guy for a few plodding 5k's a week. How's quarentine life treating you with social support?

Ahhhhh right, forgot that winter is a real thing for some places (as opposed to the joke that it is down here in Texas - I literally wore shorts and took my shirt off mid-run this morning).

It's honestly been shockingly good - I'm getting social stimulation from lots of different angles: the dance crew (smaller, but still present at our little studio), the college kids I teach (again, fewer of them, but they're still fun), a weekly game night with a mix of in-town friends and new friends via them, the occasional movie night, lots of digital ways to keep in touch, good rapport with coworkers even virtually, and a new BF. Good stuff all around!

16 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Ahhhhh right, forgot that winter is a real thing for some places (as opposed to the joke that it is down here in Texas - I literally wore shorts and took my shirt off mid-run this morning).

It's honestly been shockingly good - I'm getting social stimulation from lots of different angles: the dance crew (smaller, but still present at our little studio), the college kids I teach (again, fewer of them, but they're still fun), a weekly game night with a mix of in-town friends and new friends via them, the occasional movie night, lots of digital ways to keep in touch, good rapport with coworkers even virtually, and a new BF. Good stuff all around!

Texas winter man, they sound good for the soul. 

Kuddos on the social support you've built around yourself, that sounds like sanity!