Jump to content

thekatisalie :: a witty challenge title appears!


thekatisalie

Recommended Posts

I keep trying... and I keep vanishing. I feel like I need the accountability, but I get swallowed  into the abyss like half way every time... So... let's try to not... do that again?

 

I've been in a plateau for two months. Maybe more... I've seen some great back/shoulder development, but everything else is just... stagnant.

 

After trying a major diet overhaul and realizing I was somehow ALWAYS hungry on a 2100 calorie diet, I've gone from eliminating dairy/processed carbs to a diet low in them, but balance out.

 

I have a few simple goals:

 

1. Burn at least 500 calories a day 6 days a week

2. Track exercise and food in MyFitnessPal (friend me!!!) to net out at 1750 

3. Drink 80oz water daily

4. Don't die off halfway through the challenge

 

I think that's simple enough to start. Let's do this.

  • Like 10

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

 


 

 

Link to post

Day One, Week Zero:

5:30am is the normal time Monday through Friday for workouts. Working from home has made my start time more fluid, so it's been nice to not rush through a workout. I do a 5:30am Zoom call every morning, even if just one person shows up. And usually it's just one person and me... but the accountability really makes a diference.

 

Did The Work: Total Body Push/Pull today for week 4 of the six week program.  Cooled down with a 30 minute treadmill walk (it's too dark to go out that early this time of year). Calorie burn was 600ish.

All meals and workouts are pre-loaded today in MyFitnessPal. I'm on the ball for once. I'm currently at 32oz water so I am way behind, but working on it!

  • Like 5

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

 


 

 

Link to post

So what I'm reading is if you get swallowed by the abyss after halfway you've made progress.

  • Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52,53

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post
Just now, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

So what I'm reading is if you get swallowed by the abyss after halfway you've made progress.

 

I mean... pretty much XD

  • Like 1

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

 


 

 

Link to post
18 minutes ago, thekatisalie said:

I keep trying... and I keep vanishing. I feel like I need the accountability, but I get swallowed  into the abyss like half way every time... So... let's try to not... do that again?

 

I feel this. I keep getting swallowed into that abyss. It's so much better to have a community that supports you to try and reach your goals. You got this! Let's do it! 

 

13 minutes ago, thekatisalie said:


5:30am is the normal time Monday through Friday for workouts. Working from home has made my start time more fluid, so it's been nice to not rush through a workout. I do a 5:30am Zoom call every morning, even if just one person shows up. And usually it's just one person and me... but the accountability really makes a diference.

 

 

Are the zoom calls specifically for accountability or do you workout with other people via zoom? 

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Follows the Way of the Samurai

Previous Challenges: 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

Link to post
55 minutes ago, RhiaWolfe said:

Are the zoom calls specifically for accountability or do you workout with other people via zoom? 

 

I've been doing it since our stat shut down back in March, and as others have fallen off, I've just started using my own Zoom and inviting people. 5:30am CDT is a hard pill to swallow for a lot of folks ha.

Usually we log in, say good morning, say what our workout is, then mute and workout for 30 min, and regroup to wish everyone a nice day at the end with a celebration pic. People have done yoga, lifting, running, I went biking once... it's been really fun. Anyone can join. I'll share the Zoom link here when I have a moment if anyone feels like popping in M-F!

  • Like 3

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

 


 

 

Link to post

I've seen your workouts on Facebook (before I deactivated anyway) so I know you're putting in work™ but I just say that I am tickled to see you back here!

 

And now you know there's a whole Ranger Corps army to hold you accountable. I'll send them at your social media if I just, so don't be falling off halfway through this challenge 😉

 

PS: friended you on MFP!

  • Like 4

 [ Level ?? ]    Havoc, the Cyberpunk Outrider. 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Link to post
27 minutes ago, thekatisalie said:

 

I've been doing it since our stat shut down back in March, and as others have fallen off, I've just started using my own Zoom and inviting people. 5:30am CDT is a hard pill to swallow for a lot of folks ha.

Usually we log in, say good morning, say what our workout is, then mute and workout for 30 min, and regroup to wish everyone a nice day at the end with a celebration pic. People have done yoga, lifting, running, I went biking once... it's been really fun. Anyone can join. I'll share the Zoom link here when I have a moment if anyone feels like popping in M-F!

 

That's really cool! That's an awesome idea! 

 

It sounds like a good way to start the day! Maybe when I start the work out portion of my challenge I'll try that. 

  • That's Metal 1

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Follows the Way of the Samurai

Previous Challenges: 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

Link to post
1 hour ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

And now you know there's a whole Ranger Corps army to hold you accountable. I'll send them at your social media if I just, so don't be falling off halfway through this challenge.

 

I need a fire on my bum. I am stoked you saw my dumb stories every day of my workouts haha - it's all good and workouts CAUSE I'M BORING. But I'm glad to be back and I'll try not to be shit at checking in on others as well!

  • Like 2

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

 


 

 

Link to post
2 hours ago, thekatisalie said:

 I'll share the Zoom link here when I have a moment if anyone feels like popping in M-F!

Obligatory PSA because I'm on the IT team that had to deal with zoombombers sharing disturbing content during a meeting: if you do share the link online (here, or if you're putting it in a public facebook group) be sure to enable the waiting room or just DM the Zoom link to whoever is interested, because we discovered shady internet folks are collecting non-secure Zoom links and sharing them on a Discord server dedicated to zoombombing. Stay safe!

 

In other news, major kudos on the 5:30am workouts! :D

  • That's Metal 1
Link to post

And some Rangery Druids along for backup! 

  • Like 1

Level 74 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

 

Link to post
15 hours ago, foxinthenorth said:

Obligatory PSA because I'm on the IT team that had to deal with zoombombers sharing disturbing content during a meeting: if you do share the link online (here, or if you're putting it in a public facebook group) be sure to enable the waiting room or just DM the Zoom link to whoever is interested, because we discovered shady internet folks are collecting non-secure Zoom links and sharing them on a Discord server dedicated to zoombombing. Stay safe!

 

In other news, major kudos on the 5:30am workouts! :D

 

Very much yes to all this! I host a weekly craft night and stay pretty tight with the link. If anyone wants it here, I can message for sure to keep everyone safe!

  • Like 1

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

 


 

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, thekatisalie said:

 

Very much yes to all this! I host a weekly craft night and stay pretty tight with the link. If anyone wants it here, I can message for sure to keep everyone safe!

 

While all this sounds fun and awesome, I have to try and manage my time wisely. I have too much on my plate as it is. I'd love to do a craft night! I just can't squeeze it in. Why isn't there more time?! lol. I want to do all the things!!!! #rangerbrain

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Follows the Way of the Samurai

Previous Challenges: 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

Link to post

I love the Zoom workout structure you have. It sounds great. I get up pretty early, but I'm on Pacific time, so that means pretty late for you.

  • Like 1

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

Link to post
20 hours ago, thekatisalie said:

I need a fire on my bum. I am stoked you saw my dumb stories every day of my workouts haha - it's all good and workouts CAUSE I'M BORING. But I'm glad to be back and I'll try not to be shit at checking in on others as well!

Considering what I've seen of Rangers so far,

3 Things a Fire Needs | Frontier Fire Protection

  • Wow 1
Link to post
On 10/19/2020 at 3:36 PM, thekatisalie said:

 

I need a fire on my bum. I am stoked you saw my dumb stories every day of my workouts haha - it's all good and workouts CAUSE I'M BORING. But I'm glad to be back and I'll try not to be shit at checking in on others as well!

 

Boring or not, you're putting in the work! 💪

  • Thanks 1

 [ Level ?? ]    Havoc, the Cyberpunk Outrider. 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Link to post
9 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

 

Boring or not, you're putting in the work! 💪

^^^^ This

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Follows the Way of the Samurai

Previous Challenges: 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

Link to post

Ok so week zero is going well so far, despite having to deal with quasi-crippling depression out of nowhere. 

So far I've met my goals each day, except in the water category. Looking for ways to get there by Week 1.

  • Like 5

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

 


 

 

Link to post
9 hours ago, thekatisalie said:

Ok so week zero is going well so far, despite having to deal with quasi-crippling depression out of nowhere. 

So far I've met my goals each day, except in the water category. Looking for ways to get there by Week 1.

 

BCAAs?  Flavored water alternatives?  Sometimes it helps to jazz your H20 supply a bit.

 

We're here to support.  I know that black dog all too well.  Always willing to chat, whether here or privately!  Great work on grinding through your goals on days you don't even feel like crawling out of bed.

 [ Level ?? ]    Havoc, the Cyberpunk Outrider. 

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Link to post
On 10/20/2020 at 8:51 AM, thekatisalie said:

 

Very much yes to all this! I host a weekly craft night and stay pretty tight with the link. If anyone wants it here, I can message for sure to keep everyone safe!

Ooh...craft night? When & what time?

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

Link to post
On 10/21/2020 at 7:55 PM, fitnessgurl said:

Ooh...craft night? When & what time?

Usually Saturdays at 5:30pm CDT until whenever ha. This week we are taking a break though!

  • Thanks 1

Level 24 Frost Archer ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Current Challenge: therealkat :: a witty challenge title appears!

MyFitnessPal || Strava || Endomondo || SmashRun || Twitch

I Instagram. I tweet. I cosplay. And I'm on Facebook

 


 

 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines