RhiaWolfe Makes Small Changes

RhiaWolfe

So, I am back, my friends.

giphy.gif

I'm ready for this challenge. Over the past few years I've tried and tried only to fail and fail again. With the Pandemic and a number of other things that have happened in my life, my weight is at an all time high. It's time to start turning this around. The most success I have had was when I was posting here on Nerd Fitness, so I am going to try and get involved with this community again. You guys are all awesome! 

giphy.gif

So, my doctor put me on some new medication. It has had some good effects so far. I have a little more energy and I don't feel like my hunger cravings are taking over my life. I feel more in control now and I'm loving it! I'm hoping I can continue with this medicine and use my current effects to develop good habits. I'm not sure if this is going to be a short term medication or long term, but I think it's helping so far. I've only been on it for about a week. We'll see how it goes. 

Challenge Time!!!

Goal #1: Eat a Healthy Breakfast

My first goal is a continuation of the last challenge. I didn't come back until the end of the last challenge so I haven't had a chance to do much with this. I want to eat a healthy breakfast 5 out of 7 days a week. That is going to be my first and only goal this challenge. Baby steps! 

• Like 6

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: The Legend of RhiaWolfe: Hyrule Needs Me

Previous Challenges: 123456789101112131415161718192021222324

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Good Reads

Update 10/19/2020:

I had a really good weekend. This medication really is making my life a whole lot better right now. I have energy to do things! I'm not bouncing off of the walls or anything, but I felt productive this weekend. Before I was finding even the simplest of tasks to be daunting and unmanageable. This weekend I actually did laundry, cooked breakfast and dinner, unloaded the dishwasher, went to the grocery store, and ran my World of Darkness game! Now, that might not seem like a lot, but it's a LOT more than I've managed to do in a long while. It was awesome. Hope the trend continues. 

giphy.gif

Goals Update for 10/18/2020

Goal #1: Eat a Healthy Breakfast - 1/5 Success!

Sunday morning I actually got up early enough and made breakfast. I made scrambled eggs with spinach and bacon bits. I drank water too instead of the soda I'd usually get at a fast food restaurant. 

• Like 3

Heroine of Time

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

Good Reads

20 minutes ago, Laghail said:

what's your WoD campaign doing?

Laghail!!!!! It's good to see you friend!

Right now I'm running a Lovecraftian Horror game where supernaturals are being abducted and thrown into portals into other worlds. The party has to solve the mystery of who is at the root of this plot and also keep the monsters from taking over our world. 

The latest lead they got was a guy claiming to be the descendant of Merlin. It turns out he's a stage magician who is using the name to try and draw more of a crowd, but actually does have the lost journals of Merlin that has references to opening portals to other worlds. It seems that with help from an alchemist he was experimenting on how to open these portals. All their research was stolen by a hacker and they are not sure who. So now they're planning to track down the alchemist and get a hold of that computer to try and determine who hacked the system. 

I'm going to have to plan a little better. There's been three times I've tried to get the group to go through a portal to one of these other worlds and they've opted to find ways to close the portals instead. They're being super cautious. 

• Like 3

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

Solid challenge! I love that you’re starting with one goal for now. Conquer that goal and then move on to another one. This is about building good habits and establishing some kickassery along the way ;).

Following along!

Wolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

13 hours ago, spezzy said:

Welcome back, Rhia!

Thank you! It's good to be back!

11 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

Solid challenge! I love that you’re starting with one goal for now. Conquer that goal and then move on to another one. This is about building good habits and establishing some kickassery along the way ;).

That's the plan! I shall conquer! Small improvements over time lead to big wins! 

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Minion Hello GIF - Hello Hi Hey - Discover & Share GIFs | Minions, Hello gif,  Hi gif

Checking to see if your breakfast is on point! Oow and catching up to the WoD! Please keep us posted on that!

I shall! Unfortunately it'll be a few weeks before we can game again. I've got plenty of time to come up with some story thought, so that should be good. 

In a previous game they stole the Necronomicon from the Cult of Yog-Sothoth. They have if with them now and so I'm making them roll willpower checks periodically. The difficulty goes up each time. If they fail, they roll a percentile dice and that determines what sort of madness they will be afflicted with from the Necronomicon. So far they haven't failed, but the difficulty has been rather low since they've only just now got it. 

Also, where we stopped was after they talked with the magician and members of the Cult of Yog-Sothoth have tracked them down and have the building surrounded. They're trying to get back the Necronomicon. The party is currently split with one person investigating the cult members with an NPC while the rest went to talk to the magician. I'm hoping the lone vampire with the NPC doesn't do something too stupid, because this is supposed to be a pretty hard battle if they don't find a way out. 

• Like 3

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

Update 10/20/2020:

So, I didn't sleep well last night. I'm not sure if it's a side effect of the medication I'm on or if it's because I have a tooth that's giving me some pain. I think I'm grinding my teeth in my sleep and one tooth is particularly sensitive. The past two days I've woken up in the middle of the night in a lot of pain from that tooth. After a while the pain fades and I can go back to sleep. During the night I woke up several times, but only once did that tooth hurt like that. I'm going to stop at CVS today and try to find a tooth guard to wear to bed while I schedule an appointment with my dentist. 

So, I'm really tired today. I do have my full staff back, so that's good. My days won't be nearly as crazy as they have been. That being said, I probably won't have enough work to do for the whole day and I'll get extremely bored. 

Last night I played among us for the first time. It was quite fun, but I didn't like that we had a lot of randoms in our group. They were mostly being obnoxious or leaving in the middle of the game. When I first started, I got imposter the first round and I had no clue what to do. Somehow I managed to win, but mostly because I acted confused like I didn't know what I was doing as a crewmember. I kept asking how to do tasks and stuff like that. It was fun. 

Among-Us-1342679.jpg?r=1601619996521

Goals Update for 10/19/2020

Goal #1: Eat a Healthy Breakfast - 2/5 Success!

Yesterday morning I ate a healthy breakfast. I made my scrambled eggs with spinach and bacon bits again. Go me! 

Goals Update for 10/20/2020

Goal #1: Eat a Healthy Breakfast - 2/5 Pending...

This morning I woke up super tired and hit the snooze one too many times. While I didn't make breakfast though, I did resist going to McDonalds and instead had a heat and eat breakfast sandwich at home. I also only had 1 instead of 2 and didn't have soda. So while this doesn't match my goal perfectly, I still did a lot better than I could have. 

• Like 4

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

3 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

In a previous game they stole the Necronomicon from the Cult of Yog-Sothoth.

I was SO disappointed when I found out it wasn't real.

3 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I kept asking how to do tasks and stuff like that. It was fun.

Ya I noticed that always being unsure ends up being a benefit for Among Us.

27 minutes ago, Teros said:

I was SO disappointed when I found out it wasn't real.

When you found out what wasn't real? 

27 minutes ago, Teros said:

Ya I noticed that always being unsure ends up being a benefit for Among Us.

Yeah, we'll I'm losing the new player thing now, so people won't believe me if I say that I don't know what I'm doing anymore. lol. I have to be more creative with my lies and learn where things are on the map. 

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

Update 10/21/2020:

So, I think it's my aching tooth that's causing the sleep issues. Last night I bought a dental guard to wear to sleep and I slept a lot better. My tooth isn't bothering me as much today so I'm thinking I'm hurting my tooth by grinding against it in my sleep. I'm going to wear the guard for a few nights and see how that goes. 

giphy.gif

I love Stitch. 

Anyways, last night was fun. I played some Phasmophobia with a pick up group. One group had a 13 year old kid in it who was kinda obnoxious, but we still had fun. Lots of spooks. It was the first time though I didn't die once and we even did a professional run! Those have pretty violent ghosts. I think I'm getting good at hiding from them. 

header.jpg?t=1600451822

I'm a little worried about my brother. My brother is 23 years old and is severely autistic. He's disabled. He goes to a center every day where they help his learning, play games, do outings, and basically cater to the disabled while the caregivers work. The van that comes to pick him up doesn't come until after my sister and everyone have to be at work/school, so I've been going over there in the mornings to sit with him while he waits for the van. My work has been very accommodating and allows me to switch my schedule around when I need to to take care of my brother. 

Well, yesterday my sister got a call that he was running a fever. She picked him up and took him home. He seems fine and his temperature is down, but he can't tell us when he feels sick or what's wrong. I hope he's ok. I'm worried about him getting Covid. He couldn't go back to the center today because he has to be fever free for 24 hours. Hopefully he can go tomorrow. 

Goals Update for 10/21/2020

Goal #1: Eat a Healthy Breakfast - 2/5 Pending

I didn't get the message that I didn't have to sit with my brother today until this morning. I have to get up earlier when I don't sit with my brother so I can go in to work early. So, when I woke up and saw I didn't have to sit with him, I had to rush out of the house. I did another heat and eat breakfast sandwich, but I still only had one and didn't have soda. So still doing better than I was. 

• Like 2

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

I'm sorry to hear about your brother's health concerns! I know our brothers both have very different issues going on, but I can definitely empathize with the worry. Hopefully he'll be feeling better soon and it's not anything serious. 

I love that you are just tackling one goal to start with! Very smart. Great job on your breakfasts so far :D

• Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Yeah.. I hope your brother gets well soon! That’s really awesome that your job accommodates you being able to go over their in the morning time to hang with him till he gets picked up :)

My kids watch a couple YouTubers that play Among Us and some of them have created their own real life game using costumes and stuff- pretty badass. I would play in real life lol and HOPE that I would be an imposter. That seems the most fun haha.

Keep up the great work, Rhia!

Wolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

15 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I'm sorry to hear about your brother's health concerns! I know our brothers both have very different issues going on, but I can definitely empathize with the worry. Hopefully he'll be feeling better soon and it's not anything serious. 

Turns out whatever it was is gone. It was just a low grade fever for not even a day. So he's fine. However, there is another complication... my sister in law has Covid now. So they're all in quarantine, including my brother. Ugh... It's going to be frustrating to him since he can't go to the Center now. 

15 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I love that you are just tackling one goal to start with! Very smart. Great job on your breakfasts so far :D

Thanks. I feel like I've made some progress, although today I backslid a bit (I'll post about it in a few). 

Yeah.. I hope your brother gets well soon! That’s really awesome that your job accommodates you being able to go over their in the morning time to hang with him till he gets picked up :)

The fact that they're so accommodating is one of the reasons I haven't left to find another job. They really seem to care about their employees, especially the ones that have proven their value so to speak. Like if I was a new hire and asked for this, they might be less accommodating. I've been here for 7 years and have kinda proven myself to them. They definitely don't want me to leave and they empathize with my family issues. Hopefully my brother will be able to get his benefits soon and they can hire someone to sit with him in the mornings and I can go back to my regular schedule though. 

My kids watch a couple YouTubers that play Among Us and some of them have created their own real life game using costumes and stuff- pretty badass. I would play in real life lol and HOPE that I would be an imposter. That seems the most fun haha.

That's actually how I got into Among Us! I was watching Youtubers play and it just looked like a lot of fun! I watch Markiplier and Jacksepticeye mostly. Occasionally I'll watch another Youtuber, but those are my main ones. Youtube is also how I got into Phasmophobia. 

• Like 1

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

Update 10/22/2020:

So, there's a complication. My brother is feeling better, but now my sister's wife has Covid, so the whole household is in quarantine... again. Before, their son had Covid. He got over it and everyone went back to work/school. Now my sister in law has it. They just can't catch a break. It's been one catastrophe after another for them. My sister said that she wasn't upset because she's pretty much become inured to the bad stuff that keeps happening. It's just one more thing. I get that feeling. 

giphy.gif

Yesterday I had a good day. After work I went over to a friend's house and she made dinner. It was this italian sausage pesto pasta dish that was delicious. We watched a movie called The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra. It's a movie made in 2001 that makes fun of the old cheesy 50s B movie alien/horror films. We had watched it in highschool and I found it at Vintage Stock before the pandemic, so we got together and watched it. It was hilarious! A fun little movie. 

51QC6VX443L._AC_SY445_.jpg

Anyways, after hanging out with her and her cats, I went home. I talked with my husband for a little bit before going to bed. It was a good evening. 

Goals Update for 10/21/2020

I hit the snooze button too many times again. I'm not sure how to make myself stop doing that. I ended up getting McDonald's this time because I didn't have anything else in the house I could eat quickly. I think this weekend I'll batch cook some breakfast items to try and limit the amount I eat out for breakfast. 

• Like 2

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

I like that you take it reasonably slow with the goals. As someone who hates mornings my idea would be to somehow prep your brekkie so you can sleep longer. I always have hardboiled eggs and cheese in the fridge and if I cant cook in the mornings I just eat that. Im keto but Im sure there are non keto foods that are fast to prep? Have a wonderful challenge!!!!! :)

be fearlessly yourself! :onthego:

4 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

They just can't catch a break.

Geez, that sucks butt! I pray for a speedy recovery! Maybe dump a whole thing of sanitizer into a super soaker and dowse down the whole fam?

4 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

It's a movie made in 2001 that makes fun of the old cheesy 50s B movie alien/horror films.

I might need to give this one a looksee!

Wolf

Spoiler

1 hour ago, fearless 2.0 said:

I like that you take it reasonably slow with the goals. As someone who hates mornings my idea would be to somehow prep your brekkie so you can sleep longer. I always have hardboiled eggs and cheese in the fridge and if I cant cook in the mornings I just eat that. Im keto but Im sure there are non keto foods that are fast to prep? Have a wonderful challenge!!!!! :)

Thank you! I'm planning on batch cooking some egg muffin things this weekend to have next week so I won't have this problem going forward. I think that's my big hurdle right now is not getting up out of bed soon enough to make breakfast. We'll try this hack and see if it works out. 

37 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

Geez, that sucks butt! I pray for a speedy recovery! Maybe dump a whole thing of sanitizer into a super soaker and dowse down the whole fam?

giphy.gif

Not a bad idea.

40 minutes ago, Wild Wolf said:

I might need to give this one a looksee!

Wolf

It's a fun one! I recommend it to anyone who loves bad movies. 

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

Update 10/23/2020:

So, I am not in a good mood today. I am in pain. I've had a toothache for days but the soonest my dentist can get me in is November 2nd. I am going to make an appointment with another dentist today to try and at least see what is going on. It hurts a lot. I didn't sleep well at all last night because of the pain. I'm having trouble caring about much today. At least it's Friday. 

giphy.gif

Goals Update for 10/23/2020

McDonalds because I just really didn't care this morning. I just got something quick. 

• Sad 1

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

Here!  Following my young kohai's progress!  So glad to see you back.

I am just following and posting hi's now.  Will try to catch up soon!

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

I'm sorry about the tooth pain - hoping the other dentist is about to diagnose and treat you. 

I understand the "fuck it" feeling that comes with it, it's hard to feel like your goals matter when you feel like crap. 

But try to remember that there's a future Rhia out there who will not be suffering from tooth pain and who will appreciate all the actions you take for her today! 

(This is also a reminder for myself. Be good to future self. I can often keep my house clean with this mantra, but food stuff is way harder.)

Yay for the weekend, at least! Do you have anything going on to distract you??

• Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

On 10/23/2020 at 7:39 PM, Starpuck said:

Here!  Following my young kohai's progress!  So glad to see you back.

I am just following and posting hi's now.  Will try to catch up soon!

Yay and welcome! Glad you're here! ❤️

On 10/24/2020 at 8:41 AM, Fonzico said:

I'm sorry about the tooth pain - hoping the other dentist is about to diagnose and treat you. 

I understand the "fuck it" feeling that comes with it, it's hard to feel like your goals matter when you feel like crap. 

But try to remember that there's a future Rhia out there who will not be suffering from tooth pain and who will appreciate all the actions you take for her today! 

(This is also a reminder for myself. Be good to future self. I can often keep my house clean with this mantra, but food stuff is way harder.)

Yay for the weekend, at least! Do you have anything going on to distract you??

Man, I hadn't felt pain like that in a long time. It was horrible. I'll post an update about all that below. 

I often forget about future Rhia, especially when in pain or in the middle of depression. It's the mentality of " I want to feel better now" and that's hard to deal with. 

Heroine of Time

Good Reads

Update 10/26/2020:

Oh man, so Friday was terrible. I was in horrible pain all day long. I couldn't get into the dentist until 5:00pm and I was a wreck. My husband went with me for moral support, and I'm glad he did. I have a bad phobia of the dentist, especially going to new dentists. I'm definitely not going back to that place again. It was a franchise rather than a regular dentist setup. However, there's good news and bad news. 

giphy.gif

My tooth pain is gone!!!!! I feel soooooo much better. Got some antibiotics and steroids into my system along with some pain killers that got me through the worst of it. So glad I went to the dentist. 

giphy.gif

Bad news is that I'm going to have to have that tooth pulled. It's a root canal/crown that's been reinfected. So, the only thing they can really do at this point is pull it. I"m going to try and get an implant. This is going to be expensive, but worth it I think. 

So, anyways... past that point. Friday night I didn't feel like doing much so I just stayed home and let my medicine do its work. Saturday I played some phasmophobia with friends. I'm a little obsessed with this game right now. It is so much fun! I love the spooks! Friday night I went to a kink party, but I wasn't really feeling the party atmosphere. I mostly sat at the desk up front and watched youtube. I just wasn't feeling social. Sunday was more phasmophobia with friends. Was a pretty low key weekend. It was nice. 

Goals Update for 10/24/2020

Goal #1: Eat a Healthy Breakfast - 3/5 Success!

Saturday when I got up, I made myself a healthy breakfast at home. It was tasty and I had plenty of time to make it. 

Goals Update for 10/25/2020

Goal #1: Eat a Healthy Breakfast - 3/5 Pending...

So on Saturday a friend went and got me and him breakfast sandwiches for a snack. I didn't eat both of mine, so I took one home. I ate it for breakfast. I only had one sandwich and no soda though. So again, still better than I was doing. 

WEEK ZERO TOTALS

Goal #1: Eat a Healthy Breakfast - 3/5
So, what I've learned is that I really don't have time in the mornings to cook breakfast because I hit the snooze button. So I either have to learn to not hit the snooze button or I need to find alternative ways to eat healthy with minimal prep time in the morning. I've taken to heart what some of you said and on Saturday I actually made some egg muffin cups to just heat and eat in the mornings. 

20201024_162718.jpg

I made them with eggs, bacon bits, diced bell pepper, and cheese. Was pretty tasty this morning! 

Goals Update for 10/26/2020

Goal #1: Eat a Healthy Breakfast - 1/5 Success!

This morning I got up and hit the snooze, but it was no problem because I was prepared! I had three of my egg muffin cups with a glass of water. Good, healthy start to my day! Woot! Starting off Week 1 on a positive note. 

• Like 2

Heroine of Time

Good Reads