Warrior Guild Chat

spezzy

• spezzy pinned this topic

Wohoo! We are back!

My gym is not. I have no training. I am sad about this. 

Rephrase: My gym is open. However, the USA state I live in averages over 600 new COVID cases per day, largely thanks to keeping gyms and bars open, so it seems foolish to me to go to the gym for the foreseeable future. I will stay home. I will figure out ta way to lift again... I just don't have it in me right now,

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36

30 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

Wohoo! We are back!

My gym is not. I have no training. I am sad about this. 

Rephrase: My gym is open. However, the USA state I live in averages over 600 new COVID cases per day, largely thanks to keeping gyms and bars open, so it seems foolish to me to go to the gym for the foreseeable future. I will stay home. I will figure out ta way to lift again... I just don't have it in me right now,

Yeah, my gym is open but I don't go when it is busy anymore. Getting to the bar at 10pm on a Saturday means something much different now than it did on my early 20's 🤣🤣🤣

I've been doing big lifts at gym, to get in and out quick, and then accessories and mobility at home - but I'm also lucky enough to have that freedom/flexibility of schedule.

Absolutely doesn't make sense to put ourselves in a situation that feels unsafe!

• Haha 2
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

My little gym is still getting pretty busy at peak time straight after most people finish work, but working from home means I've now got time to get up early and get in there before work.  I've found that I get there for 6:45, be out by 7:30, and still have enough time for a shower and a coffee before I start work.  Could never have done that before with my old commute.

Much quieter too - only four of us there this morning, and there are quiet times at the weekend which are perfect for people avoidance.

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

On 10/20/2020 at 4:46 AM, KB Girl said:

I have the key to the gym 😏😏😏

That's amazing! I'm lucky that mine is 24/7 and keycard access, so I can go any time - but so can all of the other members hah. 

On 10/20/2020 at 2:18 PM, Big_Show said:

My little gym is still getting pretty busy at peak time straight after most people finish work, but working from home means I've now got time to get up early and get in there before work.  I've found that I get there for 6:45, be out by 7:30, and still have enough time for a shower and a coffee before I start work.  Could never have done that before with my old commute.

Much quieter too - only four of us there this morning, and there are quiet times at the weekend which are perfect for people avoidance.

That sounds absolutely perfect, even if it is super early! Less people also means easier equipment availability :)

22 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

My Kettlebell works anywhere I swing it.

Mine, too, but it's so light compared to the barbell hahaha. I actually have a dip belt coming in today and I'm going to rig that up to do belt squats with my kettlebells! That will at least add some extra at home options :)

• Like 1
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
On 10/20/2020 at 12:11 AM, spezzy said:

Hello hello my fellow Warriors!

giphy.gif

How's training looking these crazy covid days? 

I’m pretty lucky; my gym is open and small, so our owner just triages the number of people in at a time. I switched my workout schedule around so that I go at 3:30 in the afternoon now instead of 5 pm. The only tricksy bit is that I visit my mom once a month to help with her care, so I won’t go to the gym the week prior to that. I’m going to look at that as my deload week. 

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

On 10/20/2020 at 6:04 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

My Kettlebell works anywhere I swing it.

I’m clearly already eating too much protein given how erotic that sounded

• Haha 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

On 10/23/2020 at 10:31 AM, Reluctant Amazon said:

I'm back. Trying to work up a challenge but I'm determined to make some progress again.

Yesssss glad you're back :D

On 10/24/2020 at 11:13 PM, DJtrippyT said:

I’m pretty lucky; my gym is open and small, so our owner just triages the number of people in at a time. I switched my workout schedule around so that I go at 3:30 in the afternoon now instead of 5 pm. The only tricksy bit is that I visit my mom once a month to help with her care, so I won’t go to the gym the week prior to that. I’m going to look at that as my deload week. 

That sounds like a perfect plan for the deload week :D Glad your gym has been able to manage that, too - I know a lot of them are struggling with that big time, here! I've been going late at night and that helps a lot because no one wants to work out then, haha. 

Hey y'all! Just want to pop in and say hi. I've been super busy at work putting in 10+ hour days daily, and then have been having to travel to our test site, which is about 40 minute commute each way. So I've just been a little busy. Hoping that when my testing winds down at the end of the year, I'll pop back in for some more consistency around here. Stay strong!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Hey nerds. What is the DDOS cloud flare checky thing and why is nerd fitness doing it to me?

I think it does it when you're on a new device or it has been a while since your last visit. 

It's a security feature that prevents the site from being made unavailable by DDOS attacked (it's when something connects to the site so much that it becomes overwhelmed and goes offline). The forum owners implemented it several months ago after a couple of DDOS attacks made the forums unavailable to all of us.

• Like 2

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36

6 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Hey y'all! Just want to pop in and say hi. I've been super busy at work putting in 10+ hour days daily, and then have been having to travel to our test site, which is about 40 minute commute each way. So I've just been a little busy. Hoping that when my testing winds down at the end of the year, I'll pop back in for some more consistency around here. Stay strong!

I'm glad you are okay and will be even gladder you posted. 

54 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

I think it does it when you're on a new device or it has been a while since your last visit. 

It's a security feature that prevents the site from being made unavailable by DDOS attacked (it's when something connects to the site so much that it becomes overwhelmed and goes offline). The forum owners implemented it several months ago after a couple of DDOS attacks made the forums unavailable to all of us.

This is the exact correct answer.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

9 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

That sounds brutal! Hang in there! Nice to hear from you :) 

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl stomps on some frogs and goes to sleep (maybe)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

9 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

This is the exact correct answer.

Ah. Thank you. I don't know how the internet works so was wondering if my computer picked up an electronically communicated disease from, like, twitter or something. So nerd fitness never had DDOS attacks before a few months back? Hmmm. 

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

7 hours ago, Harriet said:

Ah. Thank you. I don't know how the internet works so was wondering if my computer picked up an electronically communicated disease from, like, twitter or something. So nerd fitness never had DDOS attacks before a few months back? Hmmm. 

No, the ones a few months back were just the most recent ones. A new forum software update provided better security, but did so by making the forums take a bit longer to load. They used to be more common. In the first few months of 2016 they were awful, and prompted team NF to push through a long delayed update, one that included a big UI change.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

No, the ones a few months back were just the most recent ones. A new forum software update provided better security, but did so by making the forums take a bit longer to load. They used to be more common. In the first few months of 2016 they were awful, and prompted team NF to push through a long delayed update, one that included a big UI change.

Good to know! I wonder where they come from.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

32 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I have always held to the narrative that the Evil Empire is trying to crush the Rebellion.

Very likely. They probably want us to give up lifting and attempt to smother our unhappiness by buying new towels and ultra spreadable dairy-free, plant-free, fat-free, carb-free, cheese-adjacent process sticks. We must defeat them by lifting and eating good food. 

• That's Metal 2

Hello! It's nice to already recognise a few faces in here- thought I'd finally drop by and introduce myself to my guild 😊

I've tried a few paths over the years:

• I kept my focus on finishing all the Academy and Rebel Quests when I started and I'm still ticking the last few off.
  • I started off my NF journey as a Druid. I had done yoga for years and due to most of my life doing some form of dancing, flexibility was never an issue for me. I also trained as a Meditation Facilitator so the meditation quests were easy for me to tick off. I'll admit it- I started on my easy path so I could tick a bunch of things off and feel good; but for me personally, it was too easy and I knew it. But it was a nice start.
  • Then I tried to be a Scout.... yeah.... I'm not a cardio fan, that wasn't working. I did do a fair amount with running using the app Run, Zombies! and C25K training, but in my heart- I wasn't really having fun. Maybe I'll come back to it later.
  • Ranger and Adventurer would be cool one day, but it's not calling to me at the moment. I suspect I'll naturally end up completeing a lot of the Ranger as I go and travelling the world is my dream, so I'll definately come back to Adventurer one day- maybe after Assassin: speaking of which...
  • Deep down, I've always felt like an Assassin and I dream of being able to have those skills one day, but in reality... well, I fell over a fair bit attempting it 😅 So I'll multiclass later!

So, here I am- ready to be a Warrior >:0 

I have already been hanging out with some warrior-types elsewhere, a bunch of ripped dudes that are close friends (who I'm pretty sure just find me adorable for trying). They have been great for encouragement. I'm always like 'anything you can do, I can do >:0' (I really can't, they're way stronger, of course; but I've learned a lot from always trying!) 

I have also been doing the NF fitness path. I'm up to the Gym level 4 and I love that I've using my barbell finally! I also bought a chin-up bar and hang rings off of it. I can't do a chin-up. I can't even do a proper push-up. But I discovered I love lifting and I love slowly seeing the results as my weights increase. 

I just started my 5 Week Challenge and included in that is me starting to focus on the Warrior Quests specifically. Boy, do I have a lot of research to do- I don't know what half these definitions are! But I do have some trained lifting experience as my PT used to do it with me a few years ago, so some things I recognise I just didn't know the name. So I'm starting with completing all the barbell quests. 

Maybe I should start a Warrior Quest Log in here. I'll try figure that out.

Anyway, hello- I'm sure I'll be asking you guys a lot of questions! 
ClutteredAcrobaticBrahmanbull-size_restr 

• Like 1

⭐2022 Challenges: Apr 22, May 22

★*゚*☆*゚*★*゚*☆*゚*★

13 hours ago, SakuraKitsune said:

Hello! It's nice to already recognise a few faces in here- thought I'd finally drop by and introduce myself to my guild 😊

Hey @SakuraKitsune! This is an archived guild chat, so most people won't see it - I just spotted it by chance under recent posts on the main forum page. The new warrior guild chat is here: 

definitely come introduce yourself! 

13 hours ago, SakuraKitsune said:

Maybe I should start a Warrior Quest Log in here. I'll try figure that out.

In addition to (or instead of) a Challenge thread, you can also keep a Battle Log if you want! Some people like them for keeping track of longer-term quests or for logging the details of their workouts or tracking. 

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8