[Mad Hatter] Braaaains for breakfast

Mad Hatter

32 minutes ago, tei_ said:

Understandable! I hope the vortex spits you out soon. ❤️

Thank you! ❤️ I'm far from the only one who's struggling so please send the hope to others in the same boat. 

Especially for single people that might have been a bit... left out while the rest are cocooning with their partners and kids. Personally I don't mind being single in general and I don't care for christmas, but there are plenty who do. 

Anyways, I think I *might* be out of the vortex, but now I'm just hit with this ridiculous fatigue. My mum's obnoxious solution is "you're just bored, you just need to do something, like our business" while I barely have enough spoons to take care of myself. I'm taking today and tomorrow off work, hopefully an extra long weekend will help a little. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

No reason to apologize. Just know that we are here for you when you are ready to check in.

indeed!

3 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I'm taking today and tomorrow off work, hopefully an extra long weekend will help a little. 

Hopefully :) 

It's very nice to have you around. 

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

1 minute ago, Elastigirl said:

No reason to apologize. Just know that we are here for you when you are ready to check in.

Thank you. ❤️ I just really hate it, it makes me feel useless and a drain on people. I know that the absolute worst thing I can do is to isolate myself even further, but that's what I ended up doing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
10 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Thank you! :) Atm I just prefer to hang out in other people's threads where I don't have to admit to failing at challenges/life. :P 

I figured it was something like that. I try never to admit it on my thread either xD aggressively looking on the bright side o/ 

Hanging out may be a good middle ground for now, at least we get to enjoy your virtual company! 

• That's Metal 1

Hear, hear! :) 

Maybe another "share art" / music / ideas while checking in (no-strings-attached) challenge is an idea. But you're absolutely welcome to hang out in threads also!

19 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Thank you. ❤️ I just really hate it, it makes me feel useless and a drain on people. I know that the absolute worst thing I can do is to isolate myself even further, but that's what I ended up doing. 

In that case, you must know that checking in is an entirely selfless act; you hate it, while we enjoy your virtual company & giving you a hand in not-isolating yourself 😇  

And it's useful like you observed elsewhere. Your perspective is uniquely yours & helps.

And now I'm just friendly guilt tripping you into hanging around more, sorry :D 

Do what you can :) Rooting for you ❤️ 

• Like 1

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log

23 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Thank you! :) Atm I just prefer to hang out in other people's threads where I don't have to admit to failing at challenges/life. :P 

I can't figure out how to say what I wanted to say. You're welcome to hang out without making a challenge. But you haven't failed until you're dead. I say this as a person who, when I started NF, felt that getting out of the house once per day was the pinnacle of ambition. Wherever you're at is more than fine.  You're not a drain, you're a uniquely charming sugar glider. Take care. ❤️

• Like 3

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

10 hours ago, Harriet said:

But you haven't failed until you're dead.

This somehow made me jump a little. Like a physical reaction first. Then I thought I hope death isn't a failure either because we are all doomed (or are there winning vs loosing deaths?). But I think I see what you mean in this specific context of feeling deep despair and possibly eying up quick endings / not having much hope.

Mad Hatter, I do like hanging out on your threads as well :)

NF challenges can be great to get a boost or a reminder of what you need to work on, or to test stuff. It's a tool but that's it. There are things or times when there is no point getting further challenged really.  Do you feel more mental fatigue or physical fatigue or both?

• Like 2

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

19 minutes ago, @mu said:

This somehow made me jump a little. Like a physical reaction first. Then I thought I hope death isn't a failure either because we are all doomed (or are there winning vs loosing deaths?). But I think I see what you mean in this specific context of feeling deep despair and possibly eying up quick endings / not having much hope.

Oops. I just meant that we all still have time left to try again, and you haven't really failed until you stop trying, or run out of time to do so. Death is certainly not a failure in an of itself.

• Like 3

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

On 12/4/2020 at 4:31 AM, Mad Hatter said:

it makes me feel useless and a drain on people

I feel like it is the opposite, I get a kind of boost from seeing you around, even if you aren't doing anything more than slumming around in other people's challenges :) 

• Like 4
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I feel like it is the opposite, I get a kind of boost from seeing you around, even if you aren't doing anything more than slumming around in other people's challenges :) 

Me too. I love having you around, @Mad Hatter

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

On 12/3/2020 at 1:34 PM, Mad Hatter said:

You hang out in people's threads, voice unusual opinions, provide a different perspective than most of us have, and you're doing that while too low-energy to have a challenge on your own, because you enjoy the company of these people and you care enough to want to check in with them.

Dude. You're winning at challenges/life.

• Like 3

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

Goddammmit people

tenor.gif?itemid=5168886

I... don't know what to say. Thank you. ❤️

On 12/5/2020 at 9:18 AM, @mu said:

NF challenges can be great to get a boost or a reminder of what you need to work on, or to test stuff. It's a tool but that's it. There are things or times when there is no point getting further challenged really.  Do you feel more mental fatigue or physical fatigue or both?

It's difficult to delineate, but I'd guess it's mostly mental. Unless I've been particularly emotional in case it becomes physically draining. These past few days I've been extremely tired physically though which inevitably leads to brain meltdown. 

On 12/5/2020 at 9:39 AM, Harriet said:

Oops. I just meant that we all still have time left to try again, and you haven't really failed until you stop trying, or run out of time to do so. Death is certainly not a failure in an of itself.

I got that. :)  And my mind's visiting far more morbid territories than that...

18 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

You hang out in people's threads, voice unusual opinions, provide a different perspective than most of us have

I do? Can I ask in what way, I definitely don't see it.

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Maybe it's just a different perspective than I have. I am struggling to quantify or specify how. All I know is your posts often are thought provoking  in a direction I wouldn't have gone without prompting and I appreciate that.

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30

So, it's definitely not just this, but sexy Voldemort comes to mind and the related discussion. 

Apparently my brain is only capable of bringing up freaky things these past days, excuse me 😅 (As in; attractive, sexy etc.)

Spoiler

Athena hears an odd tune playing in the distance. As if struck by the memories from a different dimension, she associates the title Super Freak to this song. "Nothing like our bards usually play! Is anyone else hearing this?", she exclaims.

My new (old) favorite way of dealing with unusual situations is talking in my third person alter ego :D

Battle log

On 12/6/2020 at 7:40 PM, Mad Hatter said:
On 12/6/2020 at 12:40 AM, Scaly Freak said:

You hang out in people's threads, voice unusual opinions, provide a different perspective than most of us have

While I would also struggle to give you examples I found myself nodding along. I definitely feel the same way. Your thoughts are interesting, you’ve made me change my mind more than once or at least made me broaden my perspective. 

On 12/6/2020 at 7:40 PM, Mad Hatter said:
On 12/6/2020 at 12:40 AM, Scaly Freak said:

I seem to be the minority who often feels that you say exactly what I mean, but better :). I do share the majority opinion that you're great to have around on the forums though ;).

On 12/6/2020 at 9:21 PM, Scaly Freak said:

Maybe it's just a different perspective than I have. I am struggling to quantify or specify how. All I know is your posts often are thought provoking  in a direction I wouldn't have gone without prompting and I appreciate that.

Well I'm glad, even if to me it seems like we always agree on everything. At least in the way that matters. 🙂 

On 12/6/2020 at 9:41 PM, Aθena said:

So, it's definitely not just this, but sexy Voldemort comes to mind and the related discussion. 

Apparently my brain is only capable of bringing up freaky things these past days, excuse me 😅 (As in; attractive, sexy etc.)

Reveal hidden contents

Athena hears an odd tune playing in the distance. As if struck by the memories from a different dimension, she associates the title Super Freak to this song. "Nothing like our bards usually play! Is anyone else hearing this?", she exclaims.

My new (old) favorite way of dealing with unusual situations is talking in my third person alter ego :D

Hahah I do love me some sexy Voldemort. 🤣

23 hours ago, KB Girl said:

While I would also struggle to give you examples I found myself nodding along. I definitely feel the same way. Your thoughts are interesting, you’ve made me change my mind more than once or at least made me broaden my perspective. 

Huh. Just remember to keep everything I say with a pinch of salt, sometimes I play devil's advocate without noticing it.

23 hours ago, Waanie said:
I seem to be the minority who often feels that you say exactly what I mean, but better :). I do share the majority opinion that you're great to have around on the forums though ;).

Hah better I'm not sure agree with it - I feel like half my posts I end up saying something unintentional. :D 

❤️

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Just remember to keep everything I say with a pinch of salt, sometimes I play devil's advocate without noticing it.

Haha, as much as you have the argumentative skills of a charismatic devil's advocate, I think everyone here really wants to avoid landing in an echo chamber so we are fairly critical when reading/discussing things? I have that impression.

Sometimes it does not seem like that because I understand somebody simply needs to get something off her/his chest and do not retort/ask critical questions

but when it's food for thought it's food for thought!

Battle log

7 minutes ago, Aθena said:

Haha, as much as you have the argumentative skills of a charismatic devil's advocate, I think everyone here really wants to avoid landing in an echo chamber so we are fairly critical when reading/discussing things? I have that impression.

I think so too, there's a lot of smart people here! 

• Like 1
On 12/6/2020 at 11:40 AM, Mad Hatter said:

24 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Huh. Just remember to keep everything I say with a pinch of salt, sometimes I play devil's advocate without noticing it.

There we go. That's what I meant.

• That's Metal 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

1 hour ago, Scaly Freak said:

I giggled when reading those two after one another but forgot to point it out :)

Awesome Hatter is awesome. Now you know. It's black on white, and you helped us word it ;D

• That's Metal 1

Battle log

4 minutes ago, Aθena said:

Awesome Hatter is awesome. Now you know. It's black on white, and you helped us word it ;D

Proving my point in the process. ;) 

• Haha 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

1 hour ago, Scaly Freak said:

3 minutes ago, Aθena said:

I giggled when reading those two after one another but forgot to point it out :)

Heh I'm not sure that's a good trait though. Often I'm not even aware I'm doing it. I remember it drove one of my exes bonkers because he was never quite sure what my opinion really was.