Elinox’s Werewolf Workout: Part 3

elinox

W.A.G.-Werewolf Accountabillibuddy Group - Accountabilibuddies - Nerd  Fitness Rebellion

It’s been awhile since I participated with the Warrior’s Guild, but I’m back and ready to lift all the heavy things again!

Since this challenge runs over Halloween, my favorite holiday, it’s werewolf themed again!

Main Quest
To live a healthy and balanced life by exercising and trying to eat healthy.

My Motivation
Since starting my new job back in March, I lost access to my gym. I’ve been walking outside, but have not done any strength training for months and I miss it. Now, with access to my new at-home gym setup, I have barbells and a bar/bench to lift again!

My main focus for this challenge will be lifting, but I also want to continue walking to get back into better scuba diving shape.

I’ve maintained my 1200 calories per day, M-F with blow meals on the weekends. However, I need to drop some weight before my physical in mid-November so I’m going back to 1 blow day/weekend.

This will be a hard challenge, since it’s been awhile for me, but I’m ready and willing, so let’s rage!

Smaller Quests

1. Big Beastie = Weightlifting
It’s time to get back to lifting all the heavy things!

I’ve missed it, so it’s time to reset and lift stuff again. I like it, it makes me feel better about myself and it’s got practical, real-world purposes. 

However, since it’s been awhile since I last lifted heavy things, I’m starting off with lower weights than I normally would since I don’t want to hurt myself. 

Werewolves are, first and foremost, destructive forces with incredible strength. Most werewolves are particularly strong in the upper body, although they’re really just all-over slabs of muscle.

Scoring: x/5 (1 for each weight achieved)
- Barbell Curls: 12.5lbs → 20lbs
- Bench Press: 45lbs → 65lbs
- Deadlift: 50lbs → 65lbs
- Squat: 50lbs → 65lbs
- Tricep Pullovers: 12.5lbs → 25lbs

Reward: +5 to STR (+1 for each completed)

2. Stalking = Walking

I have an hour for lunch, so I’ve been walking for 40 minutes M-F, which gets me about 2 miles in that time. I want to make sure I walk each day, M-F for 40 minutes, outside. 

Another big thing werewolves do is stalk their prey. So being able to walk for miles at a time, without ill effects, is important. 

Scoring: x/25 days
Reward: +5 to STA (+1 for every week achieved)

3. Blood & Guts = Blow Meals

My blow meals on weekends have gotten out of control. Where I used to only have 1 blow meal per weekend, it’s turned into two full days of eating badly. 

And since my annual dive physical is coming up on November 16, I need to shed some pounds to make sure I’m in the best diving shape for Scuba Santa in December!

So it’s back to 1 blow day per weekend. 

Werewolves run on high protein diets and not much else. 

Scoring: /5 weekends
Reward: 3+ CON & 2+ CHA (+1 for each weekend achieved)

Time to RAGE!!!

Raging Wolf (@GloverLachlan) | Twitter

• Like 2

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Past Challenge List: Challenges 1-38

Battle Log: Battle On, Eli!

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, Dresden Files

"That's wolves for ya; good guys!" -Wolf, 10th Kingdom

I started my challenge yesterday, in an effort to get a jump on better controlling my weekend blow meals. I was good yesterday food-wise! :D 

Blow Meals: 1/5 

• Like 1

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

7f402a57e7c38625f7a02a32499149b8.jpg.b42782fdd368095f67b36e832a0d2dde.jpg

Love the ware wolf theme. Following. RAGE! 

LEVEL 4 - Half Elf - Sword Assassin

STR: 9          DEX: 4          CON: 8          INT: 6          CHA: 7

SKILLS: Swordsman 

EQUIPMENT: Padded Armor, Wooden Sword 

BADGES: Stormrider

Following for the stalking.

• That's Metal 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

Walking: 1/25

I did barbell curls, bench press and tricep pullovers tonight and realized that it's been too long since I last lifted as I really needed to lower the weight for the bench press. Instead of 45lbs, it's down to 35lbs to start with. And tomorrow when I do deadlifts and squats the same thing will apply; I will need to start off with less weights. Granted, I'm doing these all with barbells, but still, it's very frustrating to have lost even this little bit. 😠 

• Like 1

Current Challenge: 

Walking: 4/25 - I walked today, even in the rain! (There is no bad weather, only bad gear!)

• Like 2

Current Challenge: 

Walking: 5/25 - We went for a 2 mile walk today to make up for me missing yesterday due to an impromptu Halloween luncheon at work.

Blow Meals: 2/5 - I was good today, on Halloween, my favorite holiday. Of course, I managed to save enough calories for 2 s'mores over the fire to celebrate!

Current Challenge: 

Excellent stalking progress.

• Thanks 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

On 10/29/2020 at 8:32 PM, elinox said:

(There is no bad weather, only bad gear!)

I love this!

Following because I am inspired by your theme & approach. :) (And goal... Scuba Santa?! Yes, good luck!!! )

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log

Walking: 9/25

Technically, @Aθena I'll be an elf. 😉 But we've done Scuba Santa for the past 2 years and it's been awesome!

• Like 1

Current Challenge: 

Walking: 11/25

Blow Meals: 2/5 - I did not succeed in only 1 blow day this weekend. My steak on Saturday was sub-par, as was the side dish of noodles, so I caved and had pizza on Sunday.

Current Challenge: 

Walking: 13/25 (yesterday and today)

Weights: 1/5 - barbell curls; 6 reps at 20lbs each arm (I will regret this tomorrow!)

Current Challenge: 

Walking: 16/25 (went for a walk today since the husband will likely miss his usual one tomorrow)

Current Challenge: 

Walking: 18/25

Weights: 2/5 - tricep pullovers; 2 sets of 6 reps each at 25lbs

Current Challenge: 

Walking: 19/25

Weights: 4/5 - deadlift; 2 sets of 7 reps/10 reps at 65lbs

- squat; 2 sets of 8 reps/10 reps at 50lbs

Current Challenge: