*Cherry_Bomb rises from the earth* BRAI-- I mean, GAAAAAINS

Cherry_Bomb

Happy Halloween, y'all. I'm BACK...again! 🤣 The past couple of months have been nuts. Like, super nuts. And with NaNoWriMo on top of all the madness, I think I need to keep moving as much as possible. My progress has really slogged to a slow zombie crawl, so although it'd be awesome to lose some more weight, I'll settle for seeing improvements on my mental health. No idea how to measure that and put it into a succinctly-worded goal. Any tips?  

Overall goal: keep my sanity

Goal #1: Maintain current weight (at LEAST)

1. Walk, dance, or hoop for at least 30 minutes three times a week
  2. Drink green tea during the week, save the yummy coffee for Fridays - Sundays
  3. Lots of stretch and Pilates breaks between the hours of sitting and writing

Goal #2: Finish a Datura Online program by the end of the challenge - to make life easier I'll probably just do this one

Goal #3: Work up to dancing a full four minutes without rest or letting arms droop

Goal #4: 50K words or a complete story for NaNoWriMo (so write at least 1667 words every day)

Goal #5: clean and organize the heck out of my workspace

• Like 3
NF Level 2, EQ Level 2
Current challenge: 6
Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Re-spawned vodun princess, Assassin-Druid (ASSID) hopeful

18 hours ago, Cherry_Bomb said:

I'll settle for seeing improvements on my mental health. No idea how to measure that and put it into a succinctly-worded goal. Any tips?  

If you don't mind my asking, what sort of things are you concerned about for mental health? More along the lines of general self-care/ making time for yourself, or specific things like catching downward spirals before they bottom out? 

Manarelle the Level 55 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

Welcome back!

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Get after it. :)

Raptron, alot assassin

666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

On 11/1/2020 at 6:06 PM, juliebarkley said:

Still hoping to hear about hooping. :)

Sorry, thank you for your patience! But I'm afraid I will disappoint you, for the hooping has not been happening. 😢 I'm so out of practice, and after three weeks of writing and therefore sitting, I'm afraid I'm out of shape, too. Tag on some family stress, bingeing on coconut-chocolate-almonds, and overnight bloating, and Cherry Bomb is the saddest of pandas. 🐼

I know there's one more challenge before this craptacular year is over, but I'd be lying if I said I made any progress this month.  Well, maybe with NaNo, I still have a few days so we'll see. November was going okay up until this week, and then I broke down and spent the whole day crying. I'm nowhere near where I'm supposed to be in life and every day it shows more and more. I don't know, s***'s rough right now. 

On 10/26/2020 at 8:38 AM, Manarelle said:

If you don't mind my asking, what sort of things are you concerned about for mental health? More along the lines of general self-care/ making time for yourself, or specific things like catching downward spirals before they bottom out? 

In the past I would have said a bit of both, or doing the first in order to prevent the second, but in light of the past week I'd say doing anything at all to avoid tunneling back into depression would be great. I think I work best with having concrete strategies or even a list of things to do when my mind is flooding with negative thoughts. 

NF Level 2, EQ Level 2

On 10/25/2020 at 2:28 PM, Epsilonte said:

Ooooh a fellow bellydancer? :D  What styles do you like most? (I also dabbled with Datura for some time, but I just have too many awesome real life classes around to really use it - first world problem. xD) How long have you been dancing? :) 

Oh and... hi! :) 

Sorry to answer so late, but I've been doing fusion belly dance regularly since 2015 I think? 

NF Level 2, EQ Level 2

4 hours ago, Cherry_Bomb said:

Sorry, thank you for your patience! But I'm afraid I will disappoint you, for the hooping has not been happening. 😢 I'm so out of practice, and after three weeks of writing and therefore sitting, I'm afraid I'm out of shape, too. Tag on some family stress, bingeing on coconut-chocolate-almonds, and overnight bloating, and Cherry Bomb is the saddest of pandas. 🐼

Aw, sorry to hear that! I was not trying to make you feel bad or guilty. If it's any consolation, I have been similarly failing to make time for parkour.

4 hours ago, Cherry_Bomb said:

November was going okay up until this week, and then I broke down and spent the whole day crying. I'm nowhere near where I'm supposed to be in life and every day it shows more and more. I don't know, s***'s rough right now. 

I'm sorry to hear about this, too. :( At the start of my challenge this round, I had a look at my goals for the year (I made a five-year plan type deal back in December). I am also nowhere near where I should be on a bunch of them. I think it's the theme of the year, really. I have been (mostly) stable this month, but a few challenges back I had nearly a month where I was crying almost every day with no one to turn to, and I finally talked about it (in vague terms) on my thread. I desperately needed support and am terrible at being vulnerable and feelings and stuff. I found it helpful (and hopefully I was not too annoying to others). If talking would help, I am happy to listen. Seriously.

• Like 1

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

On 11/28/2020 at 10:21 AM, Cherry_Bomb said:

I'm nowhere near where I'm supposed to be in life and every day it shows more and more.

This is probably true for pretty much the entire population at this point.  It just hasn't been a great year.  It isn't ever too late to keep going though.  Most of us will never meet our goals and objectives, but that's OK too.  As long as we keep going and at least trying to make today better than yesterday, that is what is most important.

As a wise man once said, the only way to lose is to quit.

On 11/28/2020 at 2:40 PM, juliebarkley said:

If talking would help, I am happy to listen.

Julie is a good listener; can confirm :) 

• Like 3
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11