Jupiter Finds Some Zen

Jupiter

Today was miserable. I was bombarded with emails from people asking where their stuff was and of course every single thing they needed was Super Urgent(tm). It was like this. All. Day. Long. Even when I told them I was working on it, the flow of emails was just constant. One person didn't even give me 10 freaking minutes before she emailed me to check up on her last email. I wanted to tear my hair out by lunch. Not everything can be urgent for crying out loud. At one point I realized that I had spent a good twenty minutes just going through the emails and not getting any work done, so I finally just put myself on do not disturb. I didn't even care if I got in trouble for it. Then my boss called me and told me that I'm not allowed to ask my co-workers for patience anymore. Apparently it can be seen as rude or aggressive (like, what??). Literally all I say is, "Please be patient, I am working as quickly as I can." I mean, is this rude? To me it sounds courteous and polite, but what do I know? All I know is that no one ever had a problem with it until I said it to one particular person today, who then complained about it, and now all of a sudden I'm not allowed to say it anymore. I don't know what else I'm supposed to say. I just...can't even with this place. Anyway, stats:

Zen for the body:

Fitness:

- Strength training 2 sets Mon/Fri -- 1/2 

- Yoga between 10 and 30 minutes Sun -- 0/1 

- Stretch 5 minutes Wed --  0/1 

Nutrition:

- Healthy breakfast 3 days -- 1/3 

- Cook dinner Sun/Tues/Thurs -- 2/3 -- Cooked breaded butterfly shrimp and warmed up more frozen veggies. 

Zen for the mind:

Intellectual:

- Outline 30 minutes 4-5 days -- 2/5 -- Got a lot done on this I think. Fiddled with a few older plot points and added 2 new ones. 

- Write 30 minutes, 5-6 days -- 2/6 -- Meh. It was really hard to concentrate on this today, but I wrote a whole paragraph this time instead of a single sentence. Progress I guess. 

- Research 30 minutes to 1 hour 2 days -- 1/2 

- Meditate 3-5 minutes 3-5 days -- 0/5 

- Read 30 minutes (or more) 7 days -- 3/7 -- Read for about an hour. 

Miscellaneous:

- Take breaks -- 1.5/5 -- Barely had time to take one break. 

- Log out -- 1/5 -- Was so fed up so I logged out and didn't look back. 

That's all I've got, though I'd love to hear if anyone has any suggestions on what I can say on these emails instead, because I have no idea. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

Then my boss called me and told me that I'm not allowed to ask my co-workers for patience anymore. Apparently it can be seen as rude or aggressive (like, what??). Literally all I say is, "Please be patient, I am working as quickly as I can." I mean, is this rude? To me it sounds courteous and polite, but what do I know? All I know is that no one ever had a problem with it until I said it to one particular person today, who then complained about it, and now all of a sudden I'm not allowed to say it anymore. I don't know what else I'm supposed to say. I just...can't even with this place.

Have I mentioned I don't particularly like your boss? ;) 

Are you able to tell your boss flat out, that since you spend your entire day answering emails it is impossible for you to get your actual work done? If your boss can be convinced to intervene on your behalf, that would make things a lot easier for you.

• Like 6

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

17 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

All I know is that no one ever had a problem with it until I said it to one particular person today, who then complained about it, and now all of a sudden I'm not allowed to say it anymore.

Maybe you should complain about that person being too sensitive(*) and getting in the way of work.

(*) Did not know a better word for this.

Next step you can all just start putting your hands up when someone needs to go potty. 😶 Or they cannot play with a toy another person is playing and they cannot work out something together.

EDIT: because that's the atmosphere your boss is creating. The founder of the firm that supplied me with career coach, has this book in which he says: there are many managers that are not doing their dream job. They should go find it and make everyone a lot happier :D

Uhhh, well, do what SF says of course. I read your message in the morning and I am groggy :D

You can do it!!

Good job on the writing, and breaded shrimp and veggies sounds great :)

• Like 3

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log

I agree with the others that I don't like your boss, supervisor and coworkers. Hang in there! Maybe you can say that you make more mistakes if you're tired, so working longer hours makes you less productive over all? Or instead of asking for patience, make your standard email even shorter. "I see you're asking about an update on one of my files. I'm working as fast as I can." If you're in an agressive mood, you can add that by asking for an update, they have now delayed that file by another 5 minutes because you had to answer their email. I would still count the number of emails/phone calls you have to answer every week. If you then get the question why you're not more productive, cite that number. Do your other coworkers struggle so much as well?

Anyway, I'm glad that you can still get some things done challenge-wise even though work is crazy!

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Waanie said:

I would still count the number of emails/phone calls you have to answer every week. If you then get the question why you're not more productive, cite that number. Do your other coworkers struggle so much as well?

If you are going to do this, make sure you also account for the number of minutes you spend on each email and each call. That way you can show your boss that out of the nine hours you worked today you spent X number of minutes on calming down overly dramatic control freaks, and only Y minutes on actual work.

• Like 3

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

21 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Then my boss called me and told me that I'm not allowed to ask my co-workers for patience anymore. Apparently it can be seen as rude or aggressive (like, what??). Literally all I say is, "Please be patient, I am working as quickly as I can." I mean, is this rude? To me it sounds courteous and polite, but what do I know? All I know is that no one ever had a problem with it until I said it to one particular person today, who then complained about it, and now all of a sudden I'm not allowed to say it anymore. I don't know what else I'm supposed to say. I just...can't even with this place. Anyway, stats:

It isn't rude at all, someone was being a passive aggressive jerk. How dare they ask me to be patient! I'm going to complain to their manager! I've had to deal with similar things a few times, and it is simply infuriating.

I would definitely follow the suggestion of keeping track of how much time you're wasting not working on files because you're having to tell people that you're trying to work on files. I seem to recall you saying that your boss doesn't want you to ignore the bombardment, and apparently now you can't ask for patience, so maybe just reply to all of them with "Your file is in process. You will be updated when you file is ready". Just have it pasted in a notepad file and copy it over.

• Like 3

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time, and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Whisper shows  up on Time

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

make sure you also account for the number of minutes you spend on each email and each call.

I use clockify (web site and app, specifically aimed at people tracking billable hours but also useful for me when I need to have an overview and you too probably)

And aTimelogger or so on my phone

Clockify has auto fillin similar to Excel so it should not take too much time. 

• Like 3

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log

On 11/10/2020 at 9:22 PM, Scaly Freak said:

Have I mentioned I don't particularly like your boss? ;) 

Are you able to tell your boss flat out, that since you spend your entire day answering emails it is impossible for you to get your actual work done? If your boss can be convinced to intervene on your behalf, that would make things a lot easier for you.

LOL you may have. ;) 

Yeah, I've told her this before, and she said to send the emails her way. Sometimes I forget to include her but when I do she'll just go in and do my work for me instead of really intervening. I have mixed feelings about this honestly.  

On 11/10/2020 at 9:25 PM, Aθena said:

Maybe you should complain about that person being too sensitive(*) and getting in the way of work.

(*) Did not know a better word for this.

Next step you can all just start putting your hands up when someone needs to go potty. 😶 Or they cannot play with a toy another person is playing and they cannot work out something together.

EDIT: because that's the atmosphere your boss is creating. The founder of the firm that supplied me with career coach, has this book in which he says: there are many managers that are not doing their dream job. They should go find it and make everyone a lot happier :D

Uhhh, well, do what SF says of course. I read your message in the morning and I am groggy :D

You can do it!!

Good job on the writing, and breaded shrimp and veggies sounds great :)

LOL, no worries. Thanks! :) 

On 11/11/2020 at 7:01 AM, Waanie said:

I agree with the others that I don't like your boss, supervisor and coworkers. Hang in there! Maybe you can say that you make more mistakes if you're tired, so working longer hours makes you less productive over all? Or instead of asking for patience, make your standard email even shorter. "I see you're asking about an update on one of my files. I'm working as fast as I can." If you're in an agressive mood, you can add that by asking for an update, they have now delayed that file by another 5 minutes because you had to answer their email. I would still count the number of emails/phone calls you have to answer every week. If you then get the question why you're not more productive, cite that number. Do your other coworkers struggle so much as well?

Anyway, I'm glad that you can still get some things done challenge-wise even though work is crazy!

I know some are struggling with this for sure, I'm not sure about others. I think it's just been hard in general on everyone. Yeah I'm going to try to start keeping track. I've added a couple of folders in my inbox (thanks for that article Athena :D) and I'm going to start saving these emails so I'll know how many of them I get in a day/week and I can have some evidence to back me up. 

On 11/11/2020 at 12:41 PM, Scaly Freak said:

If you are going to do this, make sure you also account for the number of minutes you spend on each email and each call. That way you can show your boss that out of the nine hours you worked today you spent X number of minutes on calming down overly dramatic control freaks, and only Y minutes on actual work.

Yeah, maybe I'll do an excel spreadsheet or something. Hmm...

On 11/11/2020 at 6:26 PM, Whisper said:

It isn't rude at all, someone was being a passive aggressive jerk. How dare they ask me to be patient! I'm going to complain to their manager! I've had to deal with similar things a few times, and it is simply infuriating.

I would definitely follow the suggestion of keeping track of how much time you're wasting not working on files because you're having to tell people that you're trying to work on files. I seem to recall you saying that your boss doesn't want you to ignore the bombardment, and apparently now you can't ask for patience, so maybe just reply to all of them with "Your file is in process. You will be updated when you file is ready". Just have it pasted in a notepad file and copy it over.

That's a good idea, I'll definitely need to use that one. Thanks. :) 

On 11/12/2020 at 12:04 AM, Aθena said:

I use clockify (web site and app, specifically aimed at people tracking billable hours but also useful for me when I need to have an overview and you too probably)

And aTimelogger or so on my phone

Clockify has auto fillin similar to Excel so it should not take too much time. 

Ooh, I'll have to check these out. Thanks. :) 

• Like 3

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions, and for letting me vent, I appreciate you guys so much. :) 

So, didn’t do too much with my goals the last few days. Work was mostly quieter, except for a few people who didn’t understand why it took me 5 days to get to their file, which just left me wondering where they’ve been the last 8 months of this craziness. My bosses also decided that now is a good time to add an extra piece to our process, which means my files will get held up and it will take even longer to get them out. Awesome. So far I’m the only one not actually doing it at this point and my supervisor told me on Friday that I need to start on it. I basically told her no in as polite a way as possible, which I’m sure I will regret later. But after all the crap I’ve had to deal with lately it’s just sort of the last straw for me, you know? I’m just done with all of it.

The only bright spots this week were d&d on Wednesday and visiting my friend on Friday, who came into town with her husband and babies for a couple of days. It was fun. My friend and I got to chat for a bit and catch up, and she and I took turns snuggling with one of her babies. He’s big on snuggling. His brother didn’t really want anything to do with us, LOL, he was just off in his own little world. But both are super cute. For a few minutes they made me want one LOL, but I don’t know if that’s really in the cards for me.

Anyway, Sunday. New week, new day, new stats:

Zen for the body:

Fitness:

- Strength training 2 sets Mon/Fri -- 0/2 

- Yoga between 10 and 30 minutes Sun -- 1/1 -- Did about 10 minutes. I almost forgot but I managed to get in a few minutes after dinner. 

- Stretch 5 minutes Wed --  0/1 

Nutrition:

- Healthy breakfast 3 days -- 1/3 -- Made myself a breakfast sandwich. Yum. 

- Cook dinner Sun/Tues/Thurs -- 1/3 -- Went back to my go-to: popcorn chicken with frozen veggies. 

Zen for the mind:

Intellectual:

- Outline 30 minutes 4-5 days -- 1/5 -- Trying not to get stuck on this one, but I feel just slightest bit stuck. I got in a point or two, but there is one spot I'm not sure about yet. 

- Write 30 minutes, 5-6 days -- 1/6 -- I struggled with this but managed to get in a couple of paragraphs. I spent most of my time and mental energy on my novel. I decided it was finally time to go back to it. Or at the very least take a look at that first chapter again. Somehow ended up spending two hours on the first page. Don't know how that happened. But I think I have a decent first page now so, win? 

- Research 30 minutes to 1 hour 2 days -- 0/2 

- Read 30 minutes (or more) 7 days -- 1/7 -- Plan to read some after I log off. 

Miscellaneous:

- Take breaks -- 0/5 

- Log out -- 0/5 

Anyway, that's all I've got. 

• Like 6
28 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

Sometimes I forget to include her but when I do she'll just go in and do my work for me instead of really intervening. I have mixed feelings about this honestly.  

That does not strike me as the most productive way of addressing the actual issue. In fact, it seems to me that it ignores the actual issue and fixes the most annoying symptom.

• Like 4

Book Riot Challenge 2021

On 11/9/2020 at 8:44 PM, Jupiter said:

Yeah. They were fine, I just feel bad because I don't want them to think I was ignoring them or not enjoying the game or anything like that. 

If it's any reassurance, I always have some mindless project going during our D&D game. Keeps my hands busy while my mind is occupied with the game.

On 11/10/2020 at 12:05 AM, Jupiter said:

Also, this has no relation to anything, but now that it's getting colder, my dog keeps commandeering my spot on the couch. So not fair.

That is because your dog loves you, and you love that spot, therefore that spot on the couch is the best spot.

On 11/10/2020 at 11:17 PM, Jupiter said:

Then my boss called me and told me that I'm not allowed to ask my co-workers for patience anymore. Apparently it can be seen as rude or aggressive (like, what??). Literally all I say is, "Please be patient, I am working as quickly as I can." I mean, is this rude? To me it sounds courteous and polite, but what do I know? All I know is that no one ever had a problem with it until I said it to one particular person today, who then complained about it, and now all of a sudden I'm not allowed to say it anymore. I don't know what else I'm supposed to say. I just...can't even with this place.

I am just... what? I can think of some genuinely rude things that I'd like to say to your coworkers. You are doing well.

On 11/11/2020 at 8:26 PM, Whisper said:

I have learned not to say "No problem!" to people of a certain age, because they sometimes get very offended that you implied they were a problem. Offended enough to complain to your supervisor even. 🙄

On 11/11/2020 at 9:01 AM, Waanie said:

I would still count the number of emails/phone calls you have to answer every week. If you then get the question why you're not more productive, cite that number.

Seconding this advice. And everyone else's - it's all good advice. I had a work discipline situation once where I was told I was not working hard enough, in a situation where I got interrupted all the damn time. The advice I got from my coworkers was to write down a schedule of what I did each day, interruptions and all, so that the higher-ups can see what you are dealing with. Then if anyone decides to escalate the matter, you have written evidence for them. Which is more or less what everyone else's advice here is too, but just so you know you're not alone. :)

• Like 4

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

On 11/10/2020 at 11:17 PM, Jupiter said:

Then my boss called me and told me that I'm not allowed to ask my co-workers for patience anymore.

5 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Yeah, I've told her this before, and she said to send the emails her way. Sometimes I forget to include her but when I do she'll just go in and do my work for me instead of really intervening. I have mixed feelings about this honestly.

5 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

That does not strike me as the most productive way of addressing the actual issue. In fact, it seems to me that it ignores the actual issue and fixes the most annoying symptom.

Your boss sounds to me like she is afraid of both confrontation and open, honest communication.

• Like 6

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

On 10/25/2020 at 8:44 PM, Jupiter said:

- Outline 30 minutes 4-5 days -- I am almost halfway through writing up a detailed outline for a novel, and I'd like to finish it by the end of this challenge. Generating ideas is totally Zen. 

I got excited for a second when I thought you planned to write a novel in five weeks, but I see now you probably mean the outline will be finished by then. But if you do develop a technique for writing five week novels, I would be very impressed. 

On 11/11/2020 at 5:17 AM, Jupiter said:

Today was miserable. I was bombarded with emails from people asking where their stuff was and of course every single thing they needed was Super Urgent(tm). It was like this. All. Day. Long. Even when I told them I was working on it, the flow of emails was just constant. One person didn't even give me 10 freaking minutes before she emailed me to check up on her last email. I wanted to tear my hair out by lunch. Not everything can be urgent for crying out loud. At one point I realized that I had spent a good twenty minutes just going through the emails and not getting any work done, so I finally just put myself on do not disturb. I didn't even care if I got in trouble for it. Then my boss called me and told me that I'm not allowed to ask my co-workers for patience anymore. Apparently it can be seen as rude or aggressive (like, what??). Literally all I say is, "Please be patient, I am working as quickly as I can." I mean, is this rude? To me it sounds courteous and polite, but what do I know? All I know is that no one ever had a problem with it until I said it to one particular person today, who then complained about it, and now all of a sudden I'm not allowed to say it anymore. I don't know what else I'm supposed to say. I just...can't even with this place. Anyway, stats:k back. 

Spirits beyond, this is madness. What would happen if you ignored emails and responded to them twice a day or something? I wonder if responding promptly encourages people to send more emails because they know it's low cost/effectiveness for them.

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

8 hours ago, Harriet said:

Spirits beyond, this is madness. What would happen if you ignored emails and responded to them twice a day or something? I wonder if responding promptly encourages people to send more emails because they know it's low cost/effectiveness for them.

It definitely rewards them, and gives them something tangible to point to when their manager wants to know what they are doing to make things move faster or at all. I'm sure for certain personality types there is considerable pleasure in making someone jump to do their bidding as well.

• Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

On 11/15/2020 at 8:04 PM, Scaly Freak said:

Yup, pretty much. It's definitely frustrating. 

On 11/16/2020 at 1:09 AM, juliebarkley said:

Your boss sounds to me like she is afraid of both confrontation and open, honest communication.

Yeah, that sounds accurate. 

On 11/16/2020 at 12:59 AM, juliebarkley said:

If it's any reassurance, I always have some mindless project going during our D&D game. Keeps my hands busy while my mind is occupied with the game.

It does, thanks. :) Maybe I need to do something like that too. 

That is because your dog loves you, and you love that spot, therefore that spot on the couch is the best spot.

LOL I suppose so. :D 

I am just... what? I can think of some genuinely rude things that I'd like to say to your coworkers. You are doing well.

Thanks. I'm still just so flabbergasted by the whole thing. I don't understand it. 

I have learned not to say "No problem!" to people of a certain age, because they sometimes get very offended that you implied they were a problem. Offended enough to complain to your supervisor even. 🙄

That's...jeez. 

Seconding this advice. And everyone else's - it's all good advice. I had a work discipline situation once where I was told I was not working hard enough, in a situation where I got interrupted all the damn time. The advice I got from my coworkers was to write down a schedule of what I did each day, interruptions and all, so that the higher-ups can see what you are dealing with. Then if anyone decides to escalate the matter, you have written evidence for them. Which is more or less what everyone else's advice here is too, but just so you know you're not alone. :)

Thanks, I appreciate that. :) 

• Like 1
On 11/19/2020 at 1:08 AM, Harriet said:

I got excited for a second when I thought you planned to write a novel in five weeks, but I see now you probably mean the outline will be finished by then. But if you do develop a technique for writing five week novels, I would be very impressed. 

LOL it was definitely just for the outline. Though I actually did write a novel in about a month or so during winter break when I was in college. It was interesting to try, but not something I would do again. Also, the novel was terrible. So, so terrible LOL. 

On 11/19/2020 at 1:08 AM, Harriet said:

If I ignored them it would be worse. Like today, one guy emailed me like every 10 minutes until I finally responded to him. I've also had some of them go around me to my boss because I didn't respond when they thought I should have. 

On 11/19/2020 at 9:42 AM, Scaly Freak said:

It definitely rewards them, and gives them something tangible to point to when their manager wants to know what they are doing to make things move faster or at all. I'm sure for certain personality types there is considerable pleasure in making someone jump to do their bidding as well.

Oh, for sure. 

• Like 2

So, I dropped off the face of the planet last week. I was really exhausted and in a mental fog the whole week. It’s really good that it was quiet at work, because I just wasn’t all that with it. I did do stuff last week goals-wise, just not as much as I would have liked. Anyway, this is the last week of the challenge so hopefully I can finish out strong. Today at work it’s back to the usual with multiple people asking where their files are throughout the day. I swear they all coordinate their emails, because I always seem to get a bunch at once at any given time. It wasn’t totally overwhelming today at least, just annoying. So I guess I managed to hold onto some Zen in a way. Anyway, stats so far: 

Zen for the body:

Fitness:

- Strength training 2 sets Mon/Fri -- 1/2 -- Strength training was a little bit easier to do today, not sure why. 

- Yoga between 10 and 30 minutes Sun -- 0/1 

- Stretch 5 minutes Wed --  1/1 -- Did some wrist stretches for a few minutes yesterday instead of doing yoga. 

Nutrition:

- Healthy breakfast 3 days -- 1/3 -- Had maple brown sugar cream of wheat this morning. I wasn't able to get it at the store last time but they had it this time. Barely anybody has it anymore. This makes me sad. 

- Cook dinner Sun/Tues/Thurs -- 1/3 -- Cooked breaded butterfly shrimp and veggies yesterday. 

Zen for the mind:

Intellectual:

- Outline 30 minutes 4-5 days -- 1/5 -- I think I’m almost done with the outline. I need maybe 2 or 3 plot points left, and I’d really like to flesh out the emotional arc a bit more, but otherwise that’s it. I can’t believe I’m finally almost done with it. I’m getting excited.   

- Write 30 minutes, 5-6 days -- 1/6 -- Worked on the short story a little bit and also revised the first chapter of my novel for a bit yesterday. I had to add a few things and I think it’s stronger now. But I can’t get the opening paragraph right and it’s driving me nuts. I had started it with a bit of action and description but wanted to add on some thoughts at the beginning that is in line with one of the major themes of the story and I wanted it to lead into the action bits. Problem is I’m not very good at articulating thematic ideas in this way so it’s been a bit frustrating. 

- Research 30 minutes to 1 hour 2 days -- 0/2 

- Read 30 minutes (or more) 7 days -- 1/7 -- Read a lot yesterday. 

Miscellaneous:

- Take breaks -- 1/5 

- Log out -- 1/5 

And now off to bed early tonight. 

• Like 5

So, I disappeared again. Still exhausted, but I have the rest of this week off so I'm hoping that will help.

Things are kind of weird at work right now. Our boss just randomly quit last week with no warning. She emailed everyone to say goodbye and then she left before the end of the day. Pretty much everyone was shocked, though I'm assuming upper management knew. I was actually a little sad about it. As much as I have been complaining about her lately, I do like her as a person, and I know she helped where she could. Anyway, right now her duties are being split between a couple different people, so that should be interesting. Also found out that some work in other departments is being outsourced to India. One of my co-workers complained that soon they're going to outsource everything. This has not helped my anxiety levels any. And now they are beginning to micromanage us as well. So yeah. Very rocky couple of days here. 

Thanksgiving was good at least. A friend invited me over for friends-giving, so I went to her house and spent time with her family. There was good food, some games and lots of socializing. 

Anyway, as a result of all this madness, I have been so drained and did not end this challenge on a strong note. I did maybe half of what I had planned.  Only worked out and cooked once, but at least I had a good breakfast I think all 3 days. Also finished my outline finally. The emotional arc needs to be fleshed out more but otherwise all the major points are there. That's about all I did last week. Hoping to do better in the next challenge. 

• Like 6
On 12/2/2020 at 2:38 AM, Jupiter said:

Anyway, as a result of all this madness, I have been so drained and did not end this challenge on a strong note. I did maybe half of what I had planned.

This is fine.

On 12/2/2020 at 2:38 AM, Jupiter said:

Also finished my outline finally. The emotional arc needs to be fleshed out more but otherwise all the major points are there. That's about all I did last week. Hoping to do better in the next challenge.

Awesome! Not only did you finish but you know what needs doing next. I hope your energy picks up soon.

• Like 1

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

On 12/2/2020 at 11:41 AM, Countess D'If said:

I feel you on the mental fog. Especially with your boss peacing out like that. Weird, but people gotta people. 

Yeah, true. 

On 12/3/2020 at 1:42 PM, Harriet said:

This is fine.

Awesome! Not only did you finish but you know what needs doing next. I hope your energy picks up soon.

Thanks! :) I'm starting to feel a little better, but we'll see how it goes this week. 

On 12/6/2020 at 8:41 AM, fitnessgurl said:

Considering the mental strain you were under; I think you did a great job!

Thanks! :) 

• Like 3

I hope there has been some kindness and holiday spirit and things have improved at work. :)

• Thanks 1