Iris - Making a change

Hello, I am new here and really looking forward to be a part of this community. I have been browsing through the forum, as well as had people respond to me and check up on me via Rebel Introductions. 

My long term goal is to loose 20lbs by end of December: 

1. Hit 10,000 steps every day. 

2. Alternate between Yoga and Strength training everyday

2a. 3 rounds of: 20 bodyweight squats 

10 Push-ups

15 second plank

30 Jumping jacks

10 walking lunges 

2b: I am using the YouTube Channel "Yoga with Adrienne" for guidance. 

3. Cut down on binge watching, Iimit to 1-2 episodes per day.  

Personal goal: I have just moved to a new country and don't know anyone. I am also working from home so sometimes days go by and I don't talk to anyone. I will try and have a conversation with a new person each week. 

• Like 2
On 10/29/2020 at 9:37 PM, Iris said:

Personal goal: I have just moved to a new country and don't know anyone. I am also working from home so sometimes days go by and I don't talk to anyone. I will try and have a conversation with a new person each week. 

When I moved to a new country, 14 years ago now, I only knew one person. It's daunting and can be scary. May I ask why you moved? You are not required to share if you don't want to!

For that oh-so-critical human contact, you could do a lot worse than this community. This is a good place. Welcome to the Rebellion!

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38

7 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

When I moved to a new country, 14 years ago now, I only knew one person. It's daunting and can be scary. May I ask why you moved? You are not required to share if you don't want to!

For that oh-so-critical human contact, you could do a lot worse than this community. This is a good place. Welcome to the Rebellion!

Well, let's see. I am Indian, but my parents moved to Bangkok when I was like 3, so I grew up there. Then I moved to the US for grad school and stayed there for 10 years. However, I ran into some visa problems and had to move to India recently. Trying to figure out life here has been rather challenging. 
What's your story moving to the new country, if you don't mind?  

1 hour ago, Iris said:

What's your story moving to the new country, if you don't mind?  

From Sweden to the USA, on a K1 fiancé visa :) 

Reading Challenge Thread 2022

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38

On 10/29/2020 at 11:37 PM, Iris said:

It's a rough time to try to make connections in a new place (not that it is ever easy). Rooting for your success here.

On 11/2/2020 at 12:37 PM, Scaly Freak said:

For that oh-so-critical human contact, you could do a lot worse than this community. This is a good place.

She's not wrong.

Challenge:   0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45