Ty's Daily Battle Log

What's up guys! Long time lurker here, I've been reading NF for years but never posted in any capacity. I want a place where I can hold myself accountable, so I decided this would be a good spot. This will be a pretty simple, straightforward daily battle log. I'll just talk about my diet and exercise for the day, and maybe a few words on how I feel about my progress/journey here and there. With that being said, I'll get right into my first post! I follow a pretty standard PPL routine, with a rest day every 3 days. Tonight I hit push, which means weighted dips, a pyramid of wide hand-placement decline pushups, and a superset of cable flies and tricep pushdowns. I like to mainly focus on heavy compounds, with some lighter accessory work at the end of workouts just to get a pump and supplement the heavier stuff. As for diet, I'm bulking at the moment trying to reach 190 before I start to cut again down to 170-175ish. I'm currently sitting at about 178 at 5'10", so I've got at least another 10-12 weeks of bulking ahead of me. That being said, here's my workout for for the night, and I wish everyone who reads this the best of luck with their goals as well!

Dips: 3x5 w/ 75 lb. added

Wide Decline Pushups: Pyramid up to 7 reps, failed on rep 6 on the way down

Cable Chest Fly: 3x12 w/ 17 lb.

Tricep Extension: 3x10 w/ 40 lb.

• Like 1

Pretty short workout tonight, focused on lower body. I don't have access to free weights at the moment because of the pandemic, so my lower body workout consists primarily of leg press and hip thrusts using a smith machine.

Leg press: 3x8 w/ 380 lb.

Single leg hip thrusts: 3x8 w/ 75 lb. 

I choose to do single leg thrusts because I feel the engagement in my glutes a lot better with them, as well as there being a much greater potential for progress with them (my current gym in my neighborhood only has up to 315 lb. so regular hip thrusts would become easy a bit too quickly). Otherwise, a pretty slow day, but I managed to hit my calories as usual and felt pretty well rested. Gonna go for a long distance bike ride tomorrow and then rest up until my upper body workout on Sunday.