• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Alethea

Weekly Bonus Challenge!

(!!!)

Week 1:

The path you are following is blocked, possibly by an avalanche since a fallen tree is too easy for the awesome Rebel that you are. Anyway, your chosen way no longer being an option, you must leave your path and venture into the unknown, confident that you will find your way back, stronger and wiser.

Challenge: Try something you've never done before.

LOL! Already planned! This Saturday when we go hiking, I'm going to try out Geocaching!

Never did it before, but I thought it'd be fun to try. I loaded a Geocache map onto my Droid, and will try exchanging a few trinkets!

Oh, nearly forgot! I did upside down crunches tonight! First time! I have been afraid to embarrass myself if I failed, and I didn't get as high as I wanted to, but I did my best. Totally going to be part of my routine from now on!

Yes!!!!! Already in the works: Running Warrior Dash in Austin this weekend. My first obstacle course race...

Sweeeeeeet 8-)

Awesome! (Both that you are doing it and it's another person in Texas!)

<threadjack>

I almost signed up for it, but I figured I'd hold off until I was certain that I could get through it without serious injury.

Are you gonna do the Spartan Race in Smithville in March? I'm planning on doing that one!

</threadjack>

Since the gym will be closed tomorrow for renovations, I'm thinking that I'm going to try biking the 30 mile nature trail that runs through my town. I doubt I can do the whole thing with my crappy 1970's bike, but I'll do the best that I can.

I still haven't decided on mine. I'm pondering raquetball or handball at my local university, but there's also a zumba class I can go to for free... Decisions, decisions....

I still haven't decided on mine. I'm pondering raquetball or handball at my local university, but there's also a zumba class I can go to for free... Decisions, decisions....

Racquetball! Racquetball! It's a blast and it really gets you moving. It's especially fun when you have to dive to get the ball or to get out of the other person's way. I love it, but my racquetball partner moved and I haven't found anyone new to play with yet.

OK, my hike is canceled as my sweetie is sick...so...uh....my challenge...uhm...I'll go to a free morning at a real Crossfit facility tomorrow (unless I think of something better).

I almost signed up for it, but I figured I'd hold off until I was certain that I could get through it without serious injury.

Are you gonna do the Spartan Race in Smithville in March? I'm planning on doing that one!

Funny you mention it, I first heard about the Spartan Race while at the Warrior Dash last weekend... it sounds very cool!

PLUS, I went to junior high (and part of freshman year) in Smithville, TX, so it would be really cool to go back and see how the town has grown. I hear they have a pretty awesome bike trail there now, too.

If we end up going, we should totally meet up while we're there!! :D

ahaha, I failed my own bonus challenge. I had planned on raquetball on sunday, but my partner flaked out on me ("need to do homework..". PFT), and then spent my day helping a friend so didn't have time to desperately scrape together something. Boo! At least going swimming was, if not new, HIGHLY unusual for me. Haven't done that in years and years, and never alone. Ah well.

I've never eaten bone marrow.

Mmmmm, marrow. I can taste it now. Every time I see a dog chewing on a bone it makes me jealous that we can't do that in everyday life. Wow, I really am turning into a cave man. And I'm not even going full paleo. ;)

Well, since my workout options on limited while here in Cleveland, I bought some resistance bands and brought them with me. Been Googling exercises and trying them while my husband hangs out with his buddies from high school. Hoping I can work out all my major muscle groups. Maybe not the most adventurous thing in the world, but new to me, and a great way of improvising a workout while on the road.

This is not very adventurous...but it was certainly a big step for me!

I've been failing horribly at improving my pushups, and since I can't manage a pull-up or dip I usually just avoid thinking about them all together. Then when I was at the gym last night I pretty much had the place to myself...there was one person running, one person doing squats, and one person working at the front desk. I took the opportunity to try out the assisted dip/chin up contraption and figured out how much weight I have to use in order to actually accomplish both with good form - I hate the thought of fiddling with the weights, overestimating my strength etc. when the place is packed. It wasn't nearly as scary as I had built it up to be, although I am weaker than I though I was :(

Now I have a new tool I can use to improve my upper body strength and I am beyond pumped :D

Whew, I have 2 days to come up with something, then!

Deiter, another thought for you - jump up, and cound slowly while you hold yourself up in the top position. When you can't take it any more, sloooowly lower yourself down, rest a bit, then do it again. A week or two of doing that every day, (I'm told) you'll be able to manage a pull-up. I'm attempting to try it myself. Am up to 3x8 second holds, but chin is not above the bar or I'd brain myself on my doorway. Bar is more level with my nose. Still, shall let you know!

Deiter, another thought for you - jump up, and cound slowly while you hold yourself up in the top position. When you can't take it any more, sloooowly lower yourself down, rest a bit, then do it again. A week or two of doing that every day, (I'm told) you'll be able to manage a pull-up. I

Good idea! There's a bar at my gym I can easily jump into a chin-up on because I can grab it with my feet still on the ground. I'll be there tomorrow night and I'll try it out.

Tonight I cooked - and subsequently ate - butternut squash for the first time. Not very exciting, but I never had it growing up and since I've been married and cooking for myself (and my wife), I kept seeing all these delicious looking recipes for butternut squash and wanted to give it a try. I really liked it too so as a bonus, I now have a new squash variety to plant in my garden next year.

Sign in to follow this