website-14xmas-joy-to-the-world.jpg

I love Advent season. My family has lots of traditions and we try to make it a special time of year. Some of our traditions this year are not happening, though thankfully some still can.  I will hopefully think of other things we can do to make this time of year a special time. I'm going to keep my goals simple.

Goal 1

Ignite my Superpowers; My superpowers are the values I have pertaining to food and fitness (and other things too) I use them to help me make decisions. My superpowers are Joy, family, and self control. These are really helpful this time of year. Self control reminds me to use skills such as eating slowly, choosing whole foods to fill me up, delaying a snack to see if I'm hungry. Joy reminds me that I need to enjoy my food. This means to slow down and eat it. It means that  the holidays are a wonderful time of year, filled with many sweet treats that remind me how sweet my life is. I need to enjoy those times and treats with my family(no guilt for eating the 'wrong food) I can also use my self control to stop me from being overfull, which does not bring me joy.

Goal 2

Christmas Cheer

Lots of things going on. I have several plans to make Christmas joyous. I am doing a scrapbook for my inlaws, plans to reserve a spot at driver through Christmas lights, baking. Usually I'm an Amazon gift shopper.This year I'd like to buy more local gifts at our stores. This is going to take more planning, so I need to get on it. Best way to handle this is to make a plan for each week, and follow through

Goal 3

Song;  I'd like Mr. Incredible and I to sing a Christmas song before dinner each night, so I'm going to try and remember that.

Goal 4; Light;

Same as last time ; Read my Bible in the morning, turn on Sunlamp, use blueblocker glasses at night

Bonus: be the light to others, see how many people I can bring just a bit of cheer to.

Edit to add fitness stuff:

Doing the kettlebell program on the NF app- 3 days a week

also doing Vitamin-  this is recovery day, so if I feel the need to move, if I don't have time or don't want to, that's a fine option

walking- being outside , even on gray days helps with SAD, so I'm going to try for at least 15 minutes a day , unless the weather is absolutely dreadful)

rowing- I'm enjoying  the rowing workouts from Dark Horse Rowing, so those will probably happen too. The KB program is my main goal, so these fit in as time and energy allow

pistol : I decided I'm still going to work on getting the pistol squat. so I will do that at least 2 x a week

• Like 17

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Love the goals and the theme!  

1000+ images about christmas pics on Pinterest | Snoopy ...

I saw a thing on Facebook about Luke having 24 chapters, so if you start reading one chapter/day on December 1st, on Christmas Eve you'll finish the book. Hoping to use this to ease back into Bible reading, because I've let that slide way too long.

• Like 3

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

I love singing the bass part on joy tot he world. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Oh I love this so much, EG!! Here for lots of awesomeness and Christmas cheer!!  ❤️ 

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 42

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

Books in Progress:

Talking Back to Purity Culture (64%)  |  Rhythms of Renewal (24%)  |  Beholding and Becoming (19%)  |  A Gentle Answer (0%)  |  Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (0%) 
Books Finished:
Captivating (100%)  |  The Prodigal God (100%)  |  Not Yet Married (100%)  |  Gentle and Lowly (100%)

2 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

Love the goals and the theme!  

1000+ images about christmas pics on Pinterest | Snoopy ...

I saw a thing on Facebook about Luke having 24 chapters, so if you start reading one chapter/day on December 1st, on Christmas Eve you'll finish the book. Hoping to use this to ease back into Bible reading, because I've let that slide way too long.

What a great idea!

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I love singing the bass part on joy tot he world. 

Mr. Incredible is a bass too. I love hearing him sing Joy to the World. Hoping our church sings it several times this year

50 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

Oh I love this so much, EG!! Here for lots of awesomeness and Christmas cheer!!  ❤️ 

Thanks

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

That is a joyful set of goals.  Especially singing a Christmas song before dinner!

• Like 2

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

10 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Usually I'm an Amazon gift shopper.This year I'd like to buy more local gifts at our stores. This is going to take more planning, so I need to get on it. Best way to handle this is to make a plan for each week, and follow through

This is excellent! 
All of it really :) 

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

9 hours ago, KB Girl said:

This is excellent! 
All of it really :) 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, fearless 2.0 said:

here for it! Of course! ❤️

Loving the bonus Idea... I aim for that too! 

Thanks for following along. Yes, the world is a much brighter place when we all strive to be a bit of a light

To win this week I need to

Scrapbook 10 pages (goal to finish scrapbook by the 14th of December)

vacuum downstairs

plan Christmas tree decorating menu ( we have fancy appetizers for when we decorate)

do play list for decorating the tree

rearrange furniture/ (maybe- we don't usually put our tree in front of our window, but this year since we aren't having people over, maybe it would work? It would be nice for people to walk by and see the tree)

make food for tree decorating

all decorations up

encourage husband to put up lights  downstairs

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

encourage husband

This made me smile.  Happy Challenge!

• Like 2

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

1 hour ago, Xena said:

I love your challenge. It really seems to reflect the things that are important to you, and the focus on joy is lovely!

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

This made me smile.  Happy Challenge!

😀Thanks

Today:

It was foggy when I woke up.So I read my Bible inside with my sunlamp on.Then had breakfast ,I think without screens, though maybe not, I can't remember. Then emptied the dishwasher. After that made some tea, and sat outside a bit drinking it while looking at my phone. The fog had lifted and it was sunny.

Did the kettlebell workout. Did rolling pistols after that.I am getting to the point where I can roll into a pistol squat, and hold it there, with just a light help from my hands. Then did swings with a light bell. My goal was to do 10 x 10. But I was feeling kind of done, not really tired, just feeling like I was bored with working out. Figuring I had done a good bit, I decided to stop. Which is good for me. Sometimes I have all this stuff in my mind (ranger brain) and then feel guilty if I don't do.

It was sunny and cold. So I went for a long walk. It was very nice.

For dinner we had chicken tacos. A few weeks ago, I made a decision to have Taco Mondays. No alliteration, but tacos are always good, right? I plan meals for the week on Monday which is great, but then I often am scrambling for what to cook on Monday. I keep saying I'll plan it on the weekend, but that rarely happens. So, I've just decided to make Mondays taco day.

This evenings plan is to do some scrapbooking

• Like 7

These all sound like really great goals. I love the way that they promote joy, happiness, gratitude, and self-kindness. It sounds like a wonderful challenge for the holiday season.

Chaotic-Neutral, Elven Bladesinger (Apprentice)

Current Stats: STR 11 || DEX 11 || CON 11 || INT 15 || WIS 16 || CHA 12

Goal Stats: STR 14 || DEX 17+ || CON 14 || INT 18+ || WIS 18+ || CHA 14

"To dare is to lose one's footing momentarily; to not dare is to lose one's self". - Søren Kierkegaard

1 hour ago, Aquarii said:

These all sound like really great goals. I love the way that they promote joy, happiness, gratitude, and self-kindness. It sounds like a wonderful challenge for the holiday season.

thanks!

It's so nice that you have some lovely traditions for Christmas. How many different Christmas songs are there, I wonder? I know the more popular ones, obviously, but I think there are lots of old and forgotten ones, too. And I am inspired by the way you identified your superpowers and are keeping them at hand. 

Let cheese and bread and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination.

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

For dinner we had chicken tacos. A few weeks ago, I made a decision to have Taco Mondays. No alliteration, but tacos are always good, right? I plan meals for the week on Monday which is great, but then I often am scrambling for what to cook on Monday. I keep saying I'll plan it on the weekend, but that rarely happens. So, I've just decided to make Mondays taco day.

This is such a great idea! For me, Fridays is when I struggle. It's the end of the week, I'm out of ideas, I don't feel like coming up with something else. I'm not feeling the tacos, that's usually a summer dish for us, but I'm thinking Friday is about to become Burger Night.

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I plan meals for the week on Monday which is great, but then I often am scrambling for what to cook on Monday. I keep saying I'll plan it on the weekend, but that rarely happens. So, I've just decided to make Mondays taco day.

This is brilliant :D

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

19 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

plan Christmas tree decorating menu ( we have fancy appetizers for when we decorate)

This is possibly the best holiday tradition I've heard about lately!

My family was... complicated growing up, and decorating the tree was traditionally (heh) a disaster. So I've done other decorating, but have avoided the tree. 

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Return to the Grove

Dryad | Beastmaster Ranger | Licensed Cat Cuddler

2021 Goals: Hour walk without pain | Freestanding headstand | more tbd
Goodreads