I suppose a reintroduction is in order

Hello all,

I used to be apart of the rebellion in an era past.  Since then, I got married, had 2 kids, started working 70+ hours a week, and got fat. I used to be "skinny fat" now I'm just fat ;). It has been so long, I don't even remember my username/email used. Which is fine, I feel like a different person now anyway.

I changed jobs to work less.  Then the virus hit. I started working from home for a while. Then my job became useless in the new climate and I got laid off.  My wife and I decided I would go back to school while staying home with the kids. She went and got a job and we moved to an empty house on my family farm.  I have had a lot more time to meditate and think now. This has honestly been a great year for me to tackle unresolved issues with my ADHD.

I used to do Taekwondo/ Jeet Kone do / Karate in high school and learned boxing and  Tai Chi from my dad.  I never identified as a monk before.  Spending time outdoors and meditating has provided me with a lot more clarity about what I want with my health. 

Being locked up doing online schooling for the next 4+ years, I decided I needed some community. What better place than here where people have similar interests to me.  It seems much better to come browse these forums and get inspired than to get lost in reddit for hours.

My current quest outlines my current goals. So, I won't hash all that out here.  Just to say my overall goal here is to achieve more balance in my mind and train my body in martial arts again.

If you made it this far, thank you!  I hope we can become friends and rebel together.

Thank you,

Chulainn

P.S. If I need nerd credentials, my children and I are watching Clone Wars while I write this. lol

• Like 2

Current Quest

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step -Lao Tzu