“…ake… n…”

“Uhhnnnn… whaa? No, Sunflower, it’s too early for food…”

“Wake u… nd ge…”

“Who’s there?... Whaaa?”

“I SAID WAKE UP, YOU IDJIT AND GET OUT OF THAT PLANT!!!”

As Red1263 opened his eyes, he find himself in trouble! “Whaaa?!”

2.png.77427d07a83c8e5c841a5ecc46fd7f61.png

“Get out of there, you Idjit, before you get digested!” “AHHH!!! Where am I?! What’s going on!? What is that?!” “Hurry! Get out of that Pod!” With a free hand, Red1263 was able to grab ahold of his sword and cut open the pod to free himself from the grasp of the Plant.

4.png.13f04fca466c6180ff6887cfacf73893.png

*Pant pant* “What the hell was that?!"  “Look at me! Look at me!” As Red1263 gathers himself and looks up to Orthos, “Am I going to be OK?Where did Sunflower go?“What do you remember?” “I… umm… It’s all hazy… There was a girl, we were happy, and then… we weren’t, and then I woke up.” “Anything else?” Orthos says with a surprising amount of concern for his apprentice. “Umm… In the middle of all that, I learned about myself in there. Something I never knew I had lost… It was…” “Yep… I knew it! It was a Fire that burned within you. Ya seemed kinda dull lately, you did everything you were supposed to, but you just didn’t seem whole into it. You know?” “Huh, really? I had no idea. What was that thing anyways?” Red1263 stood, now realizing he’s covered in green plant blood. “Hey, the biggest lies are the ones we tell ourselves, and that thing loves to lie to us, it’s called ‘The Mendacium Flower’ although it’s really a hulking beast of a plant, they lure the simple minded in with illusion powder. I guess you’ve been doing this to yourself for so long that you didn’t even know you were doing it. Looks like you’ve been quite a morsel for it. I’ve seen it befor—Wait, look at me. There’s something else.” “What?! What is it?!”

5.png.d19d9b5791b73765505dcb4daed09122.png

“Well, now that you’ve wasted enough time, let’s get back to training!” “Whaa—Wasting time?! I was being digested!” “Excuses, excuses! Time to get back to work! Now we’re going to catch up to where we should’ve  been! On your feet!”

7.png.4374b65e2b0164dfc9abf75b2d1dae85.png

1. Scouts, Warriors, Monks, and Assassins!
    1. Scout Monday:
      1. 5k run (1 min sprint, 4 min walk)
    2. Warrior Assassin Wednesday: BW exercises + Strength 10 reps max, 3 sets
      1. Push-up Burpees
      2. Curl to Overhead press
      3. BW Squats
      4. Chest Press
      5. Side Lunges
      6. 1-arm Rows
    3. Monk Druid Friday: Muay thai + Yoga
      1. 3 rounds Shadowboxing, Plank, Yoga
  2. Re-write my Orthotic notes 30 mins Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
  3. Read for 30 mins before bed: Current books – Signs of Life, Bible

8.png.04297eabd97624225f191aed380c2a08.png

So to say a lot has happened in my life is a bit of an understatement. So I'm going to just condense it to this spoiler if you want to know. Otherwise, I'm happy to report that I'm back in the Fray!

Spoiler
  • Got a girlfriend
  • She dumped me
  • I did a lot self-reflection, I've discovered that I've been suppressing my own emotions from myself
  • Upon learning about this about myself, my Mom passed away
  • Moved into my own apartment
  • Got back with Sunflower
  • Relationship turned sour
  • I dumped her
  • I learned that I'm not assertive and that I need to stand up for myself
  • I finally got internet as of... *checks watch* yesterday!

• Like 13
  • Sad 3

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Sorry about your mom, that is tough. I'm also sorry that the relationship didn't work out.But it seems like you did learn more about yourself.

Super glad you are back.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Sorry about your mom, that is tough. I'm also sorry that the relationship didn't work out.But it seems like you did learn more about yourself.

Super glad you are back.

I will admit, just as I learned to feel with a heart only to have it broken like this, felt like a cosmic joke. But ultimately, It was God's will to relieve her from her lifelong sufferings. She's in a better place. And I did learn about myself a lot these last few months.

Happy to be back.

• Like 4

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

5 hours ago, Red1263 said:

So to say a lot has happened in my life is a bit of an understatement.

Wow, that's one heck of a roller coaster ride.  Glad to have you back and look forward to seeing you push through all of it.

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 3132, 33Humbug[Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Oof, that's one hell of a rollercoaster ride, even for 2020. Yay for getting your own place and internet, /hugs for the rest of it. Good to see you again. How's the.... erm... job? Residency? I don't reall but I remember it was a new step in the process. How's that going for you? 

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 60 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

18 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I learned that I'm not assertive and that I need to stand up for myself

VERY hard to learn.

I think that I want to be liked and cared about, so I end up having little-to-no boundaries.  It also doesn't help I was in a toxic enmeshed relationship for 12 years which just reinforced that.  As for the other things, my mom passed 2 years ago and the holidays definitely feel more... empty these days.  Rooting for ya man.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Wow, that's one heck of a roller coaster ride.  Glad to have you back and look forward to seeing you push through all of it.

Glad to be back, WG. And yes it was. I had no idea life could swing so hard :P

14 hours ago, Aθena said:

What a roller coaster, indeed... Digital hugs :( 

Glad to see you around, Red. 

Digital hugs are appreciated and I hug you back. Thank you.

13 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Dang, I literally heard the sound effect in my head there...

^_^ I know, isn't it great?

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Looks like you've had a rough time. 

rough GIF

Here for support.

OK The Zuko gif made me smile, and thank you, Tank.

6 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Oof, that's one hell of a rollercoaster ride, even for 2020. Yay for getting your own place and internet, /hugs for the rest of it. Good to see you again. How's the.... erm... job? Residency? I don't reall but I remember it was a new step in the process. How's that going for you? 

Thank you for the hugs. I'm glad to see you guys too, you've no idea how much I've missed this place. Ha ha ha! Yes. It's my Residency, and job. It's going really well, actually. although I have to learn that people are not black and white, 1 +1 = 2 problems. There is a lot of gray and a lot of problem solving because people are not things, they're... well, people.

5 hours ago, Teros said:

VERY hard to learn.

I think that I want to be liked and cared about, so I end up having little-to-no boundaries.  It also doesn't help I was in a toxic enmeshed relationship for 12 years which just reinforced that.  As for the other things, my mom passed 2 years ago and the holidays definitely feel more... empty these days.  Rooting for ya man.

Ha ha, truth be told, I'm not sure if I'll ever learn it :P 

Thanks man, I'm rooting for you back and we'll help each other through these emptier holidays.

Warrior Assassin Wednesday: BW exercises + 10 reps max, aim for 3 sets

I've modified my workout routine because, as I was in the middle of it, I realized that I'm going to kill myself if I didn't :P I did the following in a circuit style with a 5 min rest after the set. If I am able to hit 10 reps at a certain weight, then I'll increase the weight on the next set.

1. Push-up Burpees: 10, 10
  2. Curl to Overhead press: 5 reps @ 25lbs, 5 reps @ 25lbs
  3. BW Squats: 25, 25
  4. Chest Press: 10 @ 25 lbs, 10 @ 30 lbs
  5. Side Lunges: 20, 8 *
  6. 1-arm Rows: 10 @ 25 lbs, 10 @ 35 lbs

*I kinda goofed up here, I was aiming for 10 reps for each leg, but somehow forgot and kept going until i did 20 reps for each leg :P. My legs didn't like that when I was doing the second set. 

Ultimately, I was only able to do 2 sets, which is good. I'm aiming for low reps at heavier weights. I think next week I'm going to modify it some more. I discovered Kettlebells, and Medicine balls at my little gym.

• Like 8

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, PaulG said:

The perfect sympathy gif for when your girlfriend turns into the moon.

I loved Zuko so much in that moment. It showed so much maturity and growth. He just heard what was to him something completely non-sensical. He clearly didn't understand it, but he knew Sokka was being vulnerable. He doesn't pretend to understand, he doesn't mock, he doesn't call Sokka crazy, he simply validates the feelings.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

It's going really well, actually. although I have to learn that people are not black and white, 1 +1 = 2 problems. There is a lot of gray and a lot of problem solving because people are not things, they're... well, people.

Exciting new learning adventures! Awesome.

Also, congrats on the new place yes :)

truth be told, I'm not sure if I'll ever learn it :P

I am following along for this side-quest :)

Unfortunately with this sort of thing progress usually does not happen as fast as with beginner's gains with workouts,

but you learn as you go. And it makes a difference. (You have my vote of confidence that you will learn but I will keep my assertivity cheering pom poms in the locker while the dust settles after your last adventure. :) )

• Like 1

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 2 | STA 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 5
Current challenge: Athena focuses on the physical | 
Battle log

22 hours ago, PaulG said:

The perfect sympathy gif for when your girlfriend turns into the moon.

Yeah, something some of us frequently have a problem... Lousy planetary problems causing girlfriend sacrificing...

22 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I loved Zuko so much in that moment. It showed so much maturity and growth. He just heard what was to him something completely non-sensical. He clearly didn't understand it, but he knew Sokka was being vulnerable. He doesn't pretend to understand, he doesn't mock, he doesn't call Sokka crazy, he simply validates the feelings.

If you think about it, despite the fantastical things you've seen, hearing someone turn into the Moon must've been like top 10 things that are darn near impossible to grasp.

14 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Good to see you back here AND

coming back kicking ass and taking names!

Let's go dude, keep it going!

Thanks, it's good to be back and it's good to see you here as well!

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

On 12/2/2020 at 10:38 PM, Red1263 said:

Thank you for the hugs. I'm glad to see you guys too, you've no idea how much I've missed this place. Ha ha ha! Yes. It's my Residency, and job. It's going really well, actually. although I have to learn that people are not black and white, 1 +1 = 2 problems. There is a lot of gray and a lot of problem solving because people are not things, they're... well, people.

Yup, messy little organic bundles of contradictions and non-concrete things. But worth it. Glad to hear it's going well! Are you settling into the new place as well? How are the holidays going for you, without a big family around? Are you tired of all my questions yet? :) Sorry, haven't seen you in a bit, and want to make sure you're doing as well as possible. 

On 12/2/2020 at 10:38 PM, Red1263 said:

Ha ha, truth be told, I'm not sure if I'll ever learn it :P 

From one perspective, it's a good sign if you don't. The surest way to learn assertiveness and standing up for yourself is by being pushed around and walked on enough that you have no choice to put your foot down. Shy of that, though, it will often feel like you're drawing an arbitrary line in the sand - resist second-guessing yourself and realize that most lines in the sand are somewhat arbitrary. Make it and defend it. I have faith in you. 

• Like 2

On 12/1/2020 at 7:35 PM, Red1263 said:
  1. Scouts, Warriors, Monks, and Assassins!

I really love how you used different fitness/life goals as our Guilds and managed to weave 4+ (INCLUDING TAGS :D ) into your goals.  Well done!

Also I'm glad to see you entering back into the fray despite everything that's going on with Darth RealLife.  Keep on keepin' on!

Metal horns GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

• Like 2

[Level ??] Half-Orc Witcher (Blood Hunter/Ranger)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

11 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Yup, messy little organic bundles of contradictions and non-concrete things. But worth it. Glad to hear it's going well! Are you settling into the new place as well? How are the holidays going for you, without a big family around? Are you tired of all my questions yet? :) Sorry, haven't seen you in a bit, and want to make sure you're doing as well as possible. 

From one perspective, it's a good sign if you don't. The surest way to learn assertiveness and standing up for yourself is by being pushed around and walked on enough that you have no choice to put your foot down. Shy of that, though, it will often feel like you're drawing an arbitrary line in the sand - resist second-guessing yourself and realize that most lines in the sand are somewhat arbitrary. Make it and defend it. I have faith in you. 

Oh, totally worth it! Despite the pandemic, one of my patients hugged me for helping her. Made me smile ^_^ I am settling into my new place pretty well, being a natural introvert helps with that. The holidays are interesting, I am still going to visit them for the holidays, and their place is all decorated while mine is pretty barren. I had planned on buying a christmas tree, but a recent emergency expense (stuck fuel injector) put a stop to that, so my remaining monies will be going to buying presents for everyone and I'll get christmas stuff after the holiday, maybe. Of course not! I love your questions! Feel free to ask me anything! I do not know why you're apologizing. I've missed you too, and I appreciate your concern. I hope you are well as well. 

Ooo, I like that! If I keep thinking that I haven't achieved this, then I'll keep striving for it! Like exercising! I appreciate your faith!

11 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I really love how you used different fitness/life goals as our Guilds and managed to weave 4+ (INCLUDING TAGS :D ) into your goals.  Well done!

Also I'm glad to see you entering back into the fray despite everything that's going on with Darth RealLife.  Keep on keepin' on!

Metal horns GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

Thank you! Also I am currently watching an anime where the main character learns multiple martial arts, hence my title. So I thought 'hey! why not translate this into the challenge, now that I have the opportunity to?'

OK So today is Monk/Druid Friday: 3 rounds of Shadowboxing (with 1 min break in between) and Yoga

1. Warm up
  2. Punching and combos
  3. Kicks and knees
  4. Combos and spinning elbows
  5. Yoga! 
    1. I used the video on the Beginner Yoga routine, here: 

I think my body still hates me for Wednesday, because my legs are sore to the point where it hurts getting in and out of my car. I pushed myself as much as I could, but believe when I say this: I am in pain.

• Like 7

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I think my body still hates me for Wednesday, because my legs are sore to the point where it hurts getting in and out of my car. I pushed myself as much as I could, but believe when I say this: I am in pain.

I have a feeling I'm going to be where you are tomorrow. We'll make it through! (It's just DOMS, right?)

2 hours ago, Red1263 said:

I had planned on buying a christmas tree, but a recent emergency expense (stuck fuel injector) put a stop to that, so my remaining monies will be going to buying presents for everyone and I'll get christmas stuff after the holiday, maybe.

We made some of these at work and hung them around and it makes the room look decorated and pretty for next to no money. They are way easier and faster to make than they look.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41

Hey Red!!! Heeeey.

Getting caught up a bit late here but it's a goal of mine to be a better follower this time around.   So sorry to see the whirlwind you've gone through recently.  Big hugs and lots of prayers for some Divine Band-Aids with Neosporin in them to ease the pains faster.  

I agree with Rurik about how awesome you set up those goals to be the different guilds.  That's Tight!    Also which anime is this you are watching?   I've been a poop about anime because it was a think me and my friends would watch together, so I ... basically haven't watched any in 9 months.   My ESO play time on the other hand .... LOL.

• Like 2

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Welcome back!

5.png

Well said -- aren't we all?

Looking forward to cheering you on.

Solidarity through the struggle, Friend.

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Hey man, I had no idea how much you had been going through this year - rooting for you.

Love the idea of workouts themed to different guilds too.

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 0  -  CON: 0  -  CHA: 0  -  SAN: 0  -  INT: 0

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Muscle Wizard: Origins

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

15 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

I have a feeling I'm going to be where you are tomorrow. We'll make it through! (It's just DOMS, right?)

We made some of these at work and hung them around and it makes the room look decorated and pretty for next to no money. They are way easier and faster to make than they look.

Yeah, it's just DOMS, it only hurts when I walk, stand, sit, go up stairs, or move :P

Those look fantastic! I might try that because now my funds are somewhat limited as to what I can do. Thank you for sharing.

6 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Hey Red!!! Heeeey.

Getting caught up a bit late here but it's a goal of mine to be a better follower this time around.   So sorry to see the whirlwind you've gone through recently.  Big hugs and lots of prayers for some Divine Band-Aids with Neosporin in them to ease the pains faster.  

I agree with Rurik about how awesome you set up those goals to be the different guilds.  That's Tight!    Also which anime is this you are watching?   I've been a poop about anime because it was a think me and my friends would watch together, so I ... basically haven't watched any in 9 months.   My ESO play time on the other hand .... LOL.

Hey hey! How's it going?

You have been a wonderful presence on my thread ever since the beginning! In my book, you're always on time, Gandalf! I thank you for the big hugs and prayers. Luckily, faith and self-reflection have been a great divine band-aid on my soul for all that has happened.

Ryan George Pitch Meeting GIF - RyanGeorge PitchMeeting Tight - Discover &  Share GIFs

The anime is called "KenIchi: The mightiest Disciple" It's about a freshman who befriended a girl who's a martial artist and he, being often picked on and viewed as weak, wanted to get stronger so he went to train under several martial artists of various disciplines. I like it because even the masters themselves are funny when placed in situations where they aren't good in "Like pretending to be parents." 

45 minutes ago, Heidi said:

Welcome back!

5.png

Well said -- aren't we all?

Looking forward to cheering you on.

Solidarity through the struggle, Friend.

Ha ha ha! Thank you for being here!

Solidarity through the struggle, indeed!

16 minutes ago, Jarric said:

Hey man, I had no idea how much you had been going through this year - rooting for you.

Love the idea of workouts themed to different guilds too.

Thanks, buddy. Life is not without it's curveballs and beatdowns. But as long as I'm still alive, it still goes on.

• Like 5

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

21 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Oh, totally worth it! Despite the pandemic, one of my patients hugged me for helping her. Made me smile ^_^ I am settling into my new place pretty well, being a natural introvert helps with that. The holidays are interesting, I am still going to visit them for the holidays, and their place is all decorated while mine is pretty barren. I had planned on buying a christmas tree, but a recent emergency expense (stuck fuel injector) put a stop to that, so my remaining monies will be going to buying presents for everyone and I'll get christmas stuff after the holiday, maybe. Of course not! I love your questions! Feel free to ask me anything! I do not know why you're apologizing. I've missed you too, and I appreciate your concern. I hope you are well as well. 

Ooo, I like that! If I keep thinking that I haven't achieved this, then I'll keep striving for it! Like exercising! I appreciate your faith!

Aw, what a lovely interaction with your patient! Heck yeah to being an introvert and settling into your own place. Nice to have "this is mine, shove off" space. Suck about the fuel injector, but glad it wasn't a "better to buy a whole new car" problem. The stars that @juliebarkley linked are amazing. You can also make paper chains with some construction paper and a glue stick/ roll of tape, or a paper chain christmas tree.  When I lived alone as a poor student, most of my decorating was with papercrafts, because it's inexpensive, doesn't take a huge amount of talent, and the extra color around the place really does help brighten things up. Glad you still get to go back to the family, though - sometimes, you just need the classics. 

Heh, apologizing for asking questions is an old, old tick of mine (I'd say sorry again, but I realize the irony). I recognize I'm not good with names and faces, so I try to remember details about people's lives, and then want to update them all at once after a period of silence. :D As far as the being more assertive, I think most character strengths are an ongoing thing. I'll probably be working on patience and goodwill to the general populace until the day I die... as you say, it's like exercising:  you get better, for sure, but probably not to a point where you can go "OK! I'm perfect here! No more work needs done!" Though wouldn't that be nice. 

Hope your DOMS are feeling better today. 

• Like 2

Glad to see you’ve found your way back - that’s one hell of a rollercoaster. 

As for holiday decorations, you  could always go super trendy boho - using natural things like sticks, pine cones, acorns, and pine branches; making salt dough ornaments, stringing popcorn and/or cranberries and/or dried orange slices, simmering simple potpourri (spices with or without apple cider) on the stove or in a slow cooker, raiding the dollar store and scattering a few ornaments about (I’m a particular fan of tucking them into bookshelves and around Knick-knacks). There are tons of low or no cost ways to spruce up your space to bring that holiday feeling in if it’s desired. 

I’ve even done a lights-only tree with a string of lights + tape on the wall before. Or construction paper. Or a single pine branch with an ornament ala Charlie Brown tree. 

• Like 3

Level 78 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59