Hey Terra, hey Doug, damn I'm tired. Like all the time. And it's not a depression-thing along the lines of "go walking outside in the daylight, that'll help". I'm genuinely exhausted almost all the time. I do go for walks, to the shops and stuff. These next few days I work lateshift, so I'll be headed to work around noon, work for 7½h incl a halfhour break, and return home, fall into bed almost as soon as I get here, or whenever I wound down enough to sleep, then do it again the next two more days. It's fine. I got lucky. I have a job, and the elderly I work with are all healthy (enough).

I don't like the idea of being hectic or stressed about preparing the BigBoy's birthday... he'll turn 17 the coming up Monday.... can you believe that? I have a kid who will be legally an adult, here in Germany, in 12 months and 3days. Yes, it's mind bogboggling to me.

I need to eat better.

I want to clean the (current batch) of to do's and overdues off my desk.

I need to work on my korean numbers, and not just that, i need to review a bunch of stuff between courses. I'm sad, that I had my last class yesterday, but I am also excited to get some learning done on my own too.

The garden is starting to be on my mind againthese days. Planning what we eat a lot of, and how to produce that... we eat LOADS of alliums as well as brassicas, but not exclusively those families. And while we may not be able to eat only veggies from the garden for a few years still, I believe that it is possible to achieve, and next season we will get closer to that very goal.

Thinking about the two beds I am planning on putting in, as well as the raised bed next to the pond for more snail/slug-sensitive things (away from the cool wet area further downhill) as well as the possibly cherry? tree I am thinking of planting, and trying to figure out where it woul

wd go well. Anyway... lots of ideas floating about. not gonna.

reach that achievement of being able to sustain a threeheaded family's annual veggetable needs for a while, but I am pushing in that general direction... also looking into mushroom production: there's lots of nice mushroom home-grower's boxes available online, and I was wondering, I have LOADS of woody cuts in the garden that I need to figure out what to do with.

I vaguely remember that fungi are destruents of the forest, and that they are the main cog in taking apart wood, as in making a fallen giant go back into the cycle of nutrients by breaking up liganin and stuff... as I said: i vaguely remember, but I am a nerd, so I will research the heck out of it, and I know spent mushroom compost is one of the BEST composts out there, I meaning this could be really beneficial. I hope, we'll see. So I'm sending this, and then I'm editing this later on the PC because it seems geniunely broken on my phone right now... so much weirdness! Sorry for that.

Take good care, my friends.

Katrin

• Like 2

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

Edited. I think it's okay now.

On my way to work.

Thought I check in here, I'll gratitude log here, since it's not that long a bus ride to read and comment on any of your threads.

So gratitude:

My son, the little teenmonster... he's turning 17 this coming monday. And he's grown so responsible in the last year and a bit. Sure he's still barely ever showering and no he is not writing applications to find a place to learn a trade. But he's made HUGE strides about cohabiting with his brother and me. He barely grumbles now when I send him shopping two days in a row because I work late shift and don't have the time, and he bought all the wrong things on his first try.

When I rushed out the door yesterday and grabbed the powerbank but it was empty so I left it and went out, he took it and charged it so today I could take it. Meaning I have The Greatest Showman soundtrack on my ears, and will not run out of phone battery which is SO GOOD FOR ME.

I am greatful that we have a warm apartment even though the heater broke and I haven't had a chance to call the landlord's office yet (thank you mum for the faux fireplace!).

I am grateful for dear friends who stay friends even in times like this. And with s.a.d being so huge this year I am thankful for friends keeping their end of a friendship active even if I am not super with my end right now.

I am grateful for doing work, that makes a difference.

Yes, lot's of things to be appreciative about. Sure, lot's of construction sites as well. But hey, can do it. Even if I can't yet quite say I in that sentence.

Arriving. Gotta go.

You be goot, or take loads of pics!

• Like 3

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

That gratitude list is lovely. So glad you have so any great things to be grateful for.

• Like 1

level 10 Half Ogre Ranger

Healers Brigade

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | 11th | 12th | 13th | 14th | 15th | 16th | 17th | 18th | 19th | 20th | 21st | 22nd | 23rd | 24th | 25th | 26th | 27th

Current

I reinstalled tapatalk, still get "get_config" network error. Their forums say it's the website plugin, thats outdated, I wonder if an admin could do something about this, or if anyone knows someone hogh up in the website hierarchy who could... tapatalk was a joy to use, I kept up with people's threads and spent hours onnthe forum each week... browser... not so much. Phone keyboard and browser just so iffy... imma flag this post, maybe someone can help.

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

So far I think and feel that I have had a good xmas break/xmas challenge. I had a certain appointment on the 15th, and since then I did feel stuffed from eating once, christmas eve, the Grünkohl and assorted meats and fried potatoes were soooo goood, but otherwise I have started getting the hang of noticing how I feel, and eating when hungry and not when not, better and better these last almost two weeks. I am debating researching scales at some point, mine is... 20+ years old, and starting to act up, and I was wondering if there is one, which sends measures directly to app, so that I don't have to do that. Yes, it's lazy, both on the acting as well as the mental health front, but in the past bad measures have bummed me out for days when they happened, yet I love taking daily measures because it's the overall trend I'm after not the individual dates, but it stresses me out... yes, I need to adress that at some point, I am aware, but I can't work on all my issues at the same time, I have too many. And stepping on the scale, it saving to app, then when I want to look at my numbers I open the app and deal with the trend, only looking at the individual/daily numbers when I specifically go and look for them, that would be PERFECT. I wonder if that's a thing...

Sorry, mental detour.

Overall I am ok. I am to go to my desk and throw things off my HAS TO HAPPEN list, so I'm going to keep this short in th world of my wallposts.

Mental health is... ok, not whiney any more, actually feel very "sleeves up let's go do the things." which is nice. My livingroom and dining room are guest ready, which is new and nice. I even have a surface in the kitchen, yes that room needs SO MUCH work, as does the floordrobe I mean my bedroom. BUT I am ok with all that I'll be able to do it.

Food is a thing that happens. Daily usually.

Lockdown in Germany is interesting. We are slowly seeing talk of vaccination plans I am innthe 1st priority bracket (because of work), so is my mum (diabetis) so we will talk about it. At the moment I am planning to get vaccinated when Germany does start, because not doing it... I couldn't live with myself if any of the demented elderly at work, or any of my family got it from me should I catch it and miss it.

So I am planning to, even though I am a skeptic about rushed trial studies and unclear side effects.

That's covid and xmas, plans for New Year's are quiet, Germany prohibited firework sales and groups outside, but I wouldn't go for that anyway. We are planning to be two households of 4 people, which is allowed, two of which are my children, so it will me a quiet affair, hopefully with lot's of games (machikoro, keep talking and nobody explodes, dodelido, what else?)

Work has been hard, but I didn't work a lot of days so I am coping well, and I am done for until after year's end (next shift is Jan 4th). So far that's all a relief.

Now I gotta make a shopping list, and get on yop of the due and overdue piles on my desk.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Take good care.

Katrin aka Morag

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

1 hour ago, Morag said:

I reinstalled tapatalk, still get "get_config" network error. Their forums say it's the website plugin, thats outdated, I wonder if an admin could do something about this, or if anyone knows someone hogh up in the website hierarchy who could... tapatalk was a joy to use, I kept up with people's threads and spent hours onnthe forum each week... browser... not so much. Phone keyboard and browser just so iffy... imma flag this post, maybe someone can help.

I don't know if @spezzy knows about these problems, and if it is a common problem or a local-to-you problem. But anyway...

47 minutes ago, Morag said:

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Take good care.

Sounds you have a pretty decent end of the year to look forward to. All things mentioned you are doing pretty good overall i would say!

Hope you have some nice and relaxing days before you have to get back to work next year!

• Like 1

... a little odd in the head ...

Assgined to the following Adventuring-Parties:

DryJanuary

WeightLossPvP

21 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

I don't know if @spezzy knows about these problems, and if it is a common problem or a local-to-you problem. But anyway...

I think they said the last update of Tapatalk was incompatible with the forums, and the forum software folks were speaking to Tapatalk, but I believe the upshot is, there's not much NF can do about it.

• Thanks 2

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

10 hours ago, Morag said:

8 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

8 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

I think they said the last update of Tapatalk was incompatible with the forums, and the forum software folks were speaking to Tapatalk, but I believe the upshot is, there's not much NF can do about it.

Yeah, unfortunately there's nothing we can do about this right now. It hasn't worked with Tapatalk for quite some time, and I've been so annoying to both the forum software people and the Tapatalk software people they've both politely asked me to stop emailing asking for updates and to start emailing the other people :) I also asked our server guy to look at it to see if he could perform some magic (he is a wizard) and he said there's nothing he can do to make it work.

Our forum software is coming out with a mobile app, which I finally convinced them to let us into the beta group when we updated the software, but the issues I've run across so far while testing basic things are too large to recommend even trying it until they fix those (I can't even log in). 

I'd LOVE for Tapatalk to work - but unfortunately, all we can do is wait. 

• Thanks 2
Spezzy, the Arcane Skirmisher
Chaotic Good Quarter Elf Slayer/Magus
STR: 21 / DEX: 17 / CON: 14 / INT: 15 / CHA 15
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”