My simplified list of goals to CRUSH for 2021:

I. Start new battle thread.

a. Post in "Scout" section or "Battle Logs"

b. Decide battle thread theme

c. Aim for start date of Feb. 1 - 2021

II. Limit visits to Taco Bell

a. No more than 1 trip to Taco Bell / week.

b. July 1 - Dec. 31st: Limit 1 visit / month

III. Learn 100 more Japanese kanji characters

• Like 3
7 hours ago, RubiksCat said:

Thanks Jupiter! Did you start a new battle thread because I don't get as many notifications as I used to.

:D 

Nope, no new battle thread, I've been doing the challenges instead. I'm still debating if I'm going to do the Holiday challenge though. 

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Hi! I just found this and I think this is amazing and I know you've got this!!!👍

• Like 1

“The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. On occasion, some may be correct. But do not do their work for them. Seek any job; ask anyone out; pursue any goal. Don't take it personally when they say 'no' — they may not be smart enough to say 'yes.” - Keith Olbermann

On 12/8/2020 at 11:28 AM, RubiksCat said:

Hi Ninja! So great seeing you again, thank you for the support,

Of Course and Always! 💌

• Like 1

“The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. On occasion, some may be correct. But do not do their work for them. Seek any job; ask anyone out; pursue any goal. Don't take it personally when they say 'no' — they may not be smart enough to say 'yes.” - Keith Olbermann

Note to future self:

Amendment of 2021 future goals (changes in bold)

III. Limit visits to Taco Bell and Whataburger 

a. No more than 1 trip to Taco Bell "OR" Whataburger per calendar week. Pick only one.

b. July 1 - Dec. 31st: Limit 1 visit per month.

II. Open up a new brokerage account.

a. Deleted this goal all together.

1. Whataburger is basically a religion unto itself here in Texas but this must be done eventually for my health. 

2. I've been reading app reviews on the Google Play store for TD, E-Trade, Fidelity, etc. etc. They aren't winning me over, I haven't decided what to do on this front yet.

It's almost time to leave 2020 behind....

tenor.gif.e624b0effb519aa52c2d2a051b70190b.gif

• Like 4

Hi RubiksCat!

I like your approach to limiting your fastfood 👍

I haven't heard about TD, E-Trade or Fidelity, but I'm guessing they're stock trading apps. Am I right? Stock trading is fine as a hobby, but I wouldn't put any more money in that than any other hobby. Long term investments in stock on the other hand, preferably in as many different socks as possible, that's a whole other thing. Couldn't recommend it enough! (As long as you know about the risks.) I work in the field, so just ask if you have any questions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, Tobbe said:

Hi RubiksCat!

I like your approach to limiting your fastfood 👍

I haven't heard about TD, E-Trade or Fidelity, but I'm guessing they're stock trading apps. Am I right? Stock trading is fine as a hobby, but I wouldn't put any more money in that than any other hobby. Long term investments in stock on the other hand, preferably in as many different socks as possible, that's a whole other thing. Couldn't recommend it enough! (As long as you know about the risks.) I work in the field, so just ask if you have any questions

Thanks @Tobbe, are you a stock broker? Yes those are stock trading apps in the U.S. 

I've watched a lot of YouTube videos about trading and how inflation eats into my bank account savings every year so not taking a risk is still considered taking a risk. The amount of yearly interest I earn from my bank is hilariously tiny compared to the growth potential I can see from ETF's and company stock so that's my number 1 reason.

• Like 2
On 12/19/2020 at 2:25 AM, RubiksCat said:

Thanks @Tobbe, are you a stock broker?

No, I work for a company that help people invest their money automatically in stocks and bonds. You give us money, and we put them in a super diversified portfolio and keep the ratio between stocks and bonds aligned with your risk preference.  I don't want to mention any names because I don't want this thread to turn up on a random Google search, but our closest equivalents in the US are like if you take the investment parts only of Wea1th fr0nt orBett3r m3nt.

And 100% agree on how bad it is to just let your money sit and rot on a bank account. Always keep a buffer on a regular account, but the rest is better to invest somewhere. I earn 0 interest from my bank. Some banks even have a negative interest if you have too much money in an account, which is just insane.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 12/15/2020 at 6:53 AM, RubiksCat said:

Note to future self:

Amendment of 2021 future goals (changes in bold)

III. Limit visits to Taco Bell and Whataburger 

a. No more than 1 trip to Taco Bell "OR" Whataburger per calendar week. Pick only one.

b. July 1 - Dec. 31st: Limit 1 visit per month.

II. Open up a new brokerage account.

a. Deleted this goal all together.

Good call not to involve oneself with brokerage. It's dangerous unless you have an expert guide you (and let's not get started on figuring out who IS expert and who ISN"T).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello My Friend GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Keep smashing your goals!!!

• Like 1

Almost there as far as prep goes. What I've done is create a new Excel file for every month up until September.

Another change is that I now plan to keep track of my pre-workout heart rate, which is something I did not do the last time I ran a battle log. 

New goals for each block of days (2 to 14, 15 to 28, etc., etc.) will be kept track of. So it's kind of like mini challenges inside of an even bigger battle log with a set end date. 

1071561344_monthlyruns.PNG.a464381c9caa684f04ff695c6354605f.PNG

20Sh.gif

• Like 2