When we last left off, our noble party of would-be adventurers had been given a simple task. Tofdir Duflame, gnomish proprietor of the Fiery Grog Tavern, had tasked the party with hunting rats in his basement. They were promised a silver piece for every rat tail they returned with, and in the fashion of all great adventurers had gone about their task with much enthusiasm. So much enthusiasm, in fact, that they saw no problem in attacking that weird rat, the one with the exposed brain, which fled through the back of a large wardrobe in the tavern cellar. Chasing the creature into the wardrobe, our noble heroes found themselves flung into another place entirely, with no clear way to get back.

Unperturbed, the party continued to slay rats and collect tails (a silver piece is a silver piece, after all), venturing further and further into the tunnels they found themselves in. Eventually the way opened out into a large chamber, where a voice spoke inside each of their minds. The voice warned them that they were trespassing on their terrain, but assured them that they would be put to good use as food for the colony.

Only then did the creature emerge. A mass of fleshy, writhing tentacles surrounding a blind, milky white eye. The lower tentacles whipped through the air with a wet, swishing sound, as the creature hovered slowly closer to the party.  Worse though were the upper tentacles, each of which held another cloudy white eye. This was to be the party's first encounter with a mindwitness:

636331354221437013.jpeg

A terrible battle ensued, with the party slinging spells and slashing weapons at the creature, and the creature for its own part firing beams of energy from the horrible orbs embedded within its tentacles. Ultimately the party were able to destroy the beast, but still they were too late. Too loud, and too late. Just, barely, too late.

As the creature finally fell to the ground, twitching and writhing like a jelly pot in a blender, a horde of creatures entered through the doors on the far side of the room. These creatures, much like the midwitness, appeared to be blind, their empty eye sockets covered by a sealed layer of skin. Their vaguely humanoid forms were grey in colour, and covered in and wiry, black hair. Wearing only scraps of makeshift clothing they carried primitive weapons made of bones, stones, and teeth.

None of that though was quite as unnerving as the sound of these creatures. As they charged towards the party, a horde of sightless savages ready to tear them apart, these creatures made no noise at all. No battle cry, no grunts and goans of exertion, and scarcely a murmur of sound as their bare feet hit the floor. An eerie silence pervaded as the creatures closed.

So this challenge, @Starpuck, @Raxie and @DarK_RaideRwill be following up on our group challenge we ran two challenges ago. Last time we took the mindwitness all the way down from 71hp to 1hp, but failed to kill it in time before a new threat arrived. This time, rather than one large beast, we will be fighting a veritable horde of grimlocks:

636252780049813181.jpeg

As we complete our goals we'll do damage to the grimlocks, and hopefully be able to slay the horde. Each grimlock only has 11hp, but there's a lot of them. How many? Well, I have to keep a bit of suspense for now ;)

And so we will face the monster together, both literally and figuratively, and update on how we’ve done here for our mutual entertainment. We have 3 weeks of challenge to defeat this threat, and so every goal and every point of damage counts.

And with that, I will leave it to the players to introduce their characters and their goals.

• Like 3

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - The 80/20 Rule2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

I'll be returning to the character I ran last time, Guglug the muscle wizard. Guglug is the half-orc bouncer at the Fiery Grog tavern, but he's left his job working the door to seek out a more adventurous life. Far from an average half-orc, Guglug works the door shift at the roughest bar in Port Meranda in order to pay for his tuition as a wizard. 

NWoFCsa.jpg

Attacks:

Greataxe - 10XP

Guglug hits a thing with his greataxe (he is a muscle wizard after all). For this goal I need to complete my workouts 7 days per week. I will deal 1 damage per workout after the first 2 (I deal no damage if I only do 2 or less workouts), plus a bonus point if all workouts are as prescribed, for a maximum of 6 damage per week.

I've currently paused my gym membership until after I move house, to save a bit of money and because I can't be certain if it will be allowed to open or not at any given time. That makes it vital that I stay disciplined in my home workouts. I've added the bonus point for doing all workouts as prescribed, as I've got into a bad habit of waking up late and cutting sessions short as a result.

Catapult - 10XP

Guglug magically flings an unattended object in the direction of an enemy, likely in a comedic fashion. For this goal I will need to make sure I have my protein shakes 7 days per week. If I hit 7 days I'll deal 5 damage, 6 days will deal 3 damage, or 5 days will deal 1 damage.

In previous challenges I've had a proper protein tracking goal or a calorie counting goal. This time I want to keep it simple, and I'm not too worried about letting loose a bit for Christmas. Last challenge I discovered that my protein shakes make up a huge proportion of my total protein intake, and that it's almost impossible to hit my protein goals without them, so that's where I'm focussing my energy.

Thunderwave - 5XP

A wave of thunderous force sweeps out from Guglug, hurting foes and blasting them backwards. For this goal I need to create something 3 times per week. It could be doing some drawing, or writing homebrew D&D content, or what ever I feel like. I'll deal 1 damage for the first creative session, 3 damage if I get 2 sessions, or 5 damage if I hit all 3.

The creative stuff really helps me to unwind, particularly after a stressful day. In previous challenges it's just been drawing, but I don't see that it's necessary to pigeonhole myself like that, anything creative should be a good thing.

Green flame blade - 5XP

Guglug's greataxe is magically enveloped in green flames, which leap from his target to an adjacent enemy. For this goal I need to brush my teeth twice per day, every day, and use the electric brush and clean between them in the evenings. I'll deal 1 damage for each day after the first 3 (3 days or less and I deal no damage), for a maximum of 4 damage.

This is something that I do easily when I'm feeling good, and if I'm feeling stressed or anxious it slips. So keeping on the straight an narrow here might be good for my mental health. If not, it'll definitely be good for my teeth!

Defence:

Guglug has 9hp, and as a half-orc also has relentless endurance. Guglug can use the following abilities to avoid damage:

Absorb elements - 10XP

Guglug's spell captures some of the energy of an elemental attack against him, which he can use to empower his next attack. For this goal I need to complete 3 foam rolling sessions each week. I'll take 1 damage for every session missed.

This is something that seems to really help with my dodgy hip, and with general aches and pains. It would help a lot more if I was more consistent with it, hence the goal.

Dodge - 5XP

Guglug dodges the enemy's attack. For this goal I will also need to keep on the protein shakes. For every day below 5 that I have protein shakes I will take 1 damage (1 damage at 4 days, 2 damage at 3 days, and so on).

If my catapult goal is the carrot for protein intake, this is the stick.

General stuff

I'm currently in the process of buying a new house, which is slightly stressful but so far has gone pretty smoothly - I'm hoping we'll be moving in January if all goes well. In the meantime I still want to make progress with my fitness, in the hope that obstacle course races will be on next year. In theory my first race is in February, so really there's no time to spare.

My workout plan consists of 4 runs per week and 5 home workouts. Tuesday and Thursday are short workouts after my runs, with full workouts Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - The 80/20 Rule2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

Oh my goodness. This is SUCH a well written challenge. I love it!

Following, obviously. With a notepad and pen because I may steal  I mean borrow some of this wonderful inspiration

• Like 1

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge: Rhovaniel looks Inwards, to change Outwards

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26

Getting my character inserted here!  Thanks again for doing this Jarric!    At the last minute, I decided I had more floon for this new concept - so wrote in a hopefully feasible way for her to show up.   As for the other cat in the party?  I'll leave that to you for how best to have her exit stage left.   (See what I did?  She's Snagglepuss now...]

Jera; Ruler of the Spear and member of The Azure Summit.

She earned her title among her specific branch of the order, [The Spears] after three grueling years of butting heads, causing arguments and taking her lumps.

She's got a bit of an attitude, unless you get her away from her peers - something about an overly competitive spirit.    

the_azure_summit_by_lilwolfe006_dctkmy1-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD0xNDQ4IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMjM2Yjg2ZTItNjEzZC00NDU3LWI0YmItNWIyZDAzNGE2NWQ3XC9kY3RrbXkxLWMzZDMyYTFlLTdhMGItNGY4Zi05YTAyLWYyN2ZmODk1NThiNi5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.naN3b7yu0Oo6xWlbcYBp53CXeShNXau7Pgoywgse68k

HP: 7

Equipment: 

1 Healing Poultice that recovers 1d4+1 hp

Summit Spear (+1 Magical, attuned only to Azure Summit member)

Blue Yī-fu Jacket

Sling Bag

Bed Roll

A task given to her by the Head of her order sent her off to a nearby town to lend aid against a particularly nasty band or orcs.   What she had not expected, was an orc shaman capable of flinging her to another place altogether via a wild cast spell gone awry.   The first thing she heard upon landing there, was an intense fight followed by near total silence.   If there was one thing she knew well; it was that silence like that after a big battle was never a good sign.   She charged forward as quick as she could to see what was going on.   It brought her face to face with a horde of grimlocks, and a handful of others looking to put up a fight. 

Attacks:

Blazing Spear - Jera thrusts her spear into the heavens to bring down a shower of divine wrath,  dealing radiant damage to her target.  In order to accomplish this, she needs to keep a strong hold on her spear as it draws forth the energy of the mountain she stands on.   To fully charge this attack, five exercise days will need to take place.  1 Damage per workout achieved.    [5 total possible]

Focused Charge - Jera enters a meditative stance, letting the energy of the mountains draw into her and charge up until she rushes forward with a hyper focused charge into her target.   To pull off this move, she will need to practice gratitude or devotion every day.    If I hit 7 days I'll deal 7 damage, 5 days will deal 3 damage, or 3 days will deal 1 damage.  [7 total possible]

Biting Jabs - Jera launches a relentless assault, striking enemies in front of her four times with her Summit Spear dealing piercing damage to the closest enemy and radiant damage to all other enemies.   This attack requires four successful hits to trigger the radiant aspect of the attack, and to trigger that, I need to create art in some fashion, four times in a week.  Each art done is one hit and 1 damage.   If all four hit, the damage spreads to other enemies to do 4 additional damage.   [8 total possible]

Defense:

Balanced Warrior - Jera increases her physical and magical resistance by practicing balance and moderation.    Any day that she slips on her focus, lowers her resistance to incoming damage.   To keep this passive up, I will need to track my food via MFP daily - and/or on the occasions I have something that cannot be measured, it must be partaken of in a moderate and intuitive way and specifically label it here.   Every day that I miss on this, causes 1 damage TO Jera.

• That's Metal 2

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Is it just me or is Guglug one uncommonly good looking half-Orc?  🤣

• Like 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

On 12/6/2020 at 7:01 AM, juliebarkley said:

Somehow its teeth are the most horrific part. *shivers*

I know, aren't they terrible? Without the teeth it's just an ugly old man :lol:

On 12/6/2020 at 1:59 PM, Rhovaniel said:

Oh my goodness. This is SUCH a well written challenge. I love it!

Following, obviously. With a notepad and pen because I may steal  I mean borrow some of this wonderful inspiration

Thank you! You know, if you want to steal the format you could always join us - D_R won't be joining in now and I'm not sure about Raxie, so we could use a bigger party...

4 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Is it just me or is Guglug one uncommonly good looking half-Orc?  🤣

I know! I didn't mean for that to happen, but even with the broken nose I couldn't take away his rugged handsomeness :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

Throwing my sword into this fight! I'll join you! (also I hope I'm doing this right)

Half-Elf Name Generator   Name Guide (& 79 Suggestions)

The Elvish Warlock, Rathin, joins the party!

A Sun elf that was in mid training when he stumbled upon an ancient temple of a fiend who's name is long forgotten, from there he accidentally was bestowed with the powers Dark Magic and an urge to kill that contradicts his cheerful nature. He remains upbeat, but when pushed to his limits, the fiendish tendencies get stronger and stronger.

HP: 9

Str: 12 | Dex: 17 | Con: 13 | Int: 16 | Wis: 13 | Cha: 15

Equip: Longsword, Long Bow (+20 arrows), Light Armor, Explorer's Pack

Attacks: 

Fire Bolt: Rathin hurls a mote of fire at a creature within range. To fulfill the mental requirements to pull this off, Rathin needs to read every day for 30 mins. 7 damage total, each day missed is one less damage given

Burning Hands: By pressing his thumbs together, Rathin's eyes flow an eerily dark red color and something else's voice leaves his mouth chanting a word that causes waves of flames to spew from his fingertips. Rathin must work on his Orthotic notes for 3 days on his rest days. 3 Days completed gives 5 damage to his enemies. 2 Days gives 3 damage and 1 Day gives 1 damage

Sun Sword Combo: Falling back onto his Training, Rathin unleashes a slashing combo that is not taught by anyone outside of his village. The Combo launches his opponent in the air and Rathin finishes it with 3 arrows from his bow. This requires all strength exercises to reach 3 sets. 5 damage total for all 3 sets completed. 3 damage for 2 sets, and 1 damage for 1 set.

Sun Arrow Strike: Firing 3 arrows at once, Rathin aims for the vital weak points of his enemies, in order to do this his run time must not go past 40 mins (excluding the cool down walk). 3 damage total.

Defense:

Fire or Fiend?: Rathin is constantly hearing a voice in his head that speaks unfathomable things. Sometimes he slips and gives in to Demonic urges, and other times the voices are too much of a distraction. In order to fend them off, he has to remain focused on that task at hand! For each time the strength sets are less then 3, Rathin takes one point of damage based on how many sets were missed. And for each Day the orthotic notes aren't completed, that's another 1 point of damage

• Like 3

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

10 hours ago, Jarric said:

Thank you! You know, if you want to steal the format you could always join us - D_R won't be joining in now and I'm not sure about Raxie, so we could use a bigger party...

Ooh. An offer that is hard to refuse... I'm game. With added motivation not to die in character! 😅

• Like 2

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26

Following to see what shenanigans these adventurers get up to! 

• Like 2

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe Follows the Way of the Samurai

Previous Challenges: 1234567891011121314151617181920212223

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

There’s something – different – about Tulla, the slender young woman with flyaway hair the colour of fawns and bright green eyes. The point to her ears perhaps, though there’s nothing particularly Elvish about her. Barely clearing 5 foot, nonetheless she seems rather tall for one of the smaller races… doesn’t she? If someone were to ask – and few do – she merely smiles.

tulla.PNG.2364ee6af1c6fd05e3f860763bdc4807.PNG

Name: Tulla | Race: Half-Gnome | HP: 12 

I did have my goals all written out and everything… but now I have to self-isolate, so had to adjust. The goals will hopefully revert back to what they were in a couple weeks, or even days if the fast-track test I did comes back negative. But this is the set of rules I’ll be playing by for this week at least, and probably the next one too:

Shortsword: Despite her relatively small stature and friendly looking nature, there is nothing Tulla likes more than to be in the centre of a melee. A firm believer in giving her all, she launches into battle with her shortsword, often needing to use both hands, attacking with apparently boundless enthusiasm. Completing 6 home workouts each week deals 1 point of damage per workout, plus 1 bonus points for 7 total Damage. The bonus point only applies for full completion. Less than 4 workouts deals no damage and Tulla makes such a mess of it she manages to hit herself and draw blood. She loses 5 HP.  

Gnome Cunning: When hitting her foes repeatedly doesn’t work, Tulla’s ancestry comes to the fore and she uses her brain alongside her wiry muscles to regain the upper hand. For this, she needs to plan ahead. Meal prep dinners for at least 5 days and eat a proper lunch each day for 4 points of damage plus 1 bonus point for

5 total damage. Failure to meal prep makes her too hungry to focus on the fight and she takes a hit to the tune of 2 HP. Eating less than 7 proper lunches but more than 4 deals 3 points of damage to the grimlocks. Less than 4 and she loses another 1HP.

Second Wind: As a Fighter, Tulla benefits from Second Wind. She can draw stamina from within, but this resource is limited and needs to be topped up. She must drink 1 Potion of Healing and 1 Potion of Minor Shielding each day to keep her strong. Drinking both each day deals 7 damage, plus 1 bonus point for 8 Total Damage. If she drinks these on 4 or more days, but less than 7, she only deals 4 Damage and no bonus. Anything less than 4, Tulla is exhausted and loses 4 HP.

If she drinks one of the potions for 7 days but less than 7 of the other she still takes damage but it is halved to 2HP.

If Tulla wants to avoid death, she’s going to need her wits about her. And that is exactly how she likes it.

• Like 3

On 12/8/2020 at 7:19 AM, Red1263 said:

The Elvish Warlock, Rathin, joins the party!

Ok, your character is straight up awesome man, I love the concept. Glad to have you fighting with us.

13 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

There’s something – different – about Tulla, the slender young woman with flyaway hair the colour of fawns and bright green eyes.

Oo, that's really cool. Thanks for joining us Rho!

• Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

Wooo, new friends to make a new party for this round of fighting!  Very exciting.      I hope you all don't mind if I throw in just a little bit of IC banter this time around.   I am jonesing to have Jera be a brash oaf at new people!

• Like 3

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

9 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Wooo, new friends to make a new party for this round of fighting!  Very exciting.      I hope you all don't mind if I throw in just a little bit of IC banter this time around.   I am jonesing to have Jera be a brash oaf at new people!

I think that would spice it up nicely!

8 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I agree! Also I think Rathin would annoy Jera with his upbeat attitude!

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Welp! This is what happens when one uses the Unread Threads feed instead of actually browsing through the forums. Found this though and I'm here now! To keep up, that is. As stated, my goals and overall mood do not align with this setup for now so I'm not part of the adventuring group but super happy to see others step up to fill in the spots.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It brought her face to face with a horde of grimlocks, and a handful of others looking to put up a fight...

"Bloody Nine Hells of Baator!  You've got to be kidding me!"  Jera shouted as she landed into the middle of some unknown place with a horde of grotesque, grey skinned, monsters.  Without waiting for an invitation, she twirled her spear twice and then gripped it two handed for a charge.  "Rrrrrggghhha!"    A glance around the room alerts her to the others in this same predicament.  "We should form up and single them out one by one!  There's a crap ton of them!"    A moment later her spear jams into one of them, and an eruption of brilliant light radiates out of it and flashes on the other nearby creatures.

Weekly Tally:

Attacks:

Blazing Spear - 2 Beat Saber Sessions, a 2.5 mile walk, 1 Strength Session - Total Damage 4

*Missed the 2nd strength session due to crazy work and then a much too busy day on both Sat and Sun. 

Focused Charge - 5 Gratitudes and 2 Devotionals for a full week - Total Damage 7

Biting Jabs - I didn't keep the best track of my art days, but I am going to count it as four because of the sheer amount I did today and the hours put in.  I know I had 3 total days for sure, and counting today as two days to meet the '4'.   This means she does the 4 Jabs, and then gets the bonus 4 aoe damage.    - Total Damage 8

Defense:

Balanced Warrior - Great week on the food front, except for Saturday where I kind of overdid it on restaurant-out food.  It was a treat day.   So 6/7 days met, Jera TAKES 1pt of damage.

Ending HP  6/7

Total Damage Dealt 19

• Like 3

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Well now, at first things appeared to be going from bad to worse for young Guglug. As the grimlocks charged into the room he tried to magically launch a chunk of masonry at them, only for his attack to go wide and collide with a pillar instead. With a huge crash part of the ceiling started to come down, and as the dust cleared the half-orc found himself separated from him companions. 

In the distance he could hear the tabaxi warrior and the skeletal bard drawing some grimlocks away, but there was little time to focus on that as more new arrivals entered the room. A sun elf, a human, and... a very tall gnome? A fairly short elf? Whoever they were, and wherever they had come from, this was no time to question a turn of fortune. As the human started shouting orders and thrusting her spear towards the creatures, Guglug did a quick mental calculation. Eighteen grimlocks on this side of the room, and only 4 would-be heroes to hold them back. This was bad, but surely, surely there was still a chance.

So @Starpuck, @Red1263 & @Rhovaniel, we've got 18 grimlocks in front of us. A grimlock has 11hp, so between us we need to deal at least 198 damage in 3 weeks (would be nice to break 200 though, wouldn't it?). Looks like Jera's already taken one of these blighters out though, and seriously wounded a second one, so we're off to a great start!

• Like 3

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Jarric said:

Well now, at first things appeared to be going from bad to worse for young Guglug. As the grimlocks charged into the room he tried to magically launch a chunk of masonry at them, only for his attack to go wide and collide with a pillar instead. With a huge crash part of the ceiling started to come down, and as the dust cleared the half-orc found himself separated from him companions. 

In the distance he could hear the tabaxi warrior and the skeletal bard drawing some grimlocks away, but there was little time to focus on that as more new arrivals entered the room. A sun elf, a human, and... a very tall gnome? A fairly short elf? Whoever they were, and wherever they had come from, this was no time to question a turn of fortune. As the human started shouting orders and thrusting her spear towards the creatures, Guglug did a quick mental calculation. Eighteen grimlocks on this side of the room, and only 4 would-be heroes to hold them back. This was bad, but surely, surely there was still a chance.

So @Starpuck, @Red1263 & @Rhovaniel, we've got 18 grimlocks in front of us. A grimlock has 11hp, so between us we need to deal at least 198 damage in 3 weeks (would be nice to break 200 though, wouldn't it?). Looks like Jera's already taken one of these blighters out though, and seriously wounded a second one, so we're off to a great start!

Excellent timing. I'm just finishing my write-up for the week!

• Like 2

Tulla’s ears pricked as the distant sounds of a fray reached her. Closing her book with a snap and stowing it safely in her pack, she hurried forward. The forest around her wasn’t particularly dense, and the sounds she followed soon led her out of it. As the din of a fight grew louder, she slowed, padding forward cautiously. She knew she made no sound, but she doubted it mattered much, what with all the ruckus there was up ahead. Peering out from behind a bush, Tulla’s eyes went wide as she caught sight of a burly half-orc, a tall elf in the midst of summoning fire into his hands and another figure, likely human, screaming something about hells and Baator whilst jabbing a spear at an large hoarde of – well, Tulla wasn’t exactly sure what they were. Big, ugly grey things. But they looked mean, and the three in melee with them looked rather outnumbered. An impish grin began to spread over her features. With a yell, she launched herself out of the bushes, unsheathing her sword, and charging headlong into the fray.

“Heyoo, coming through!” Her voice was high, almost joyful as she swung, catching a grotesque grey leg with a two-handed strike. There was a sickening crack, some odd squelching, and then it came clean off at the knee. As the creature toppled, Tulla turned, but there was no time to swing again before another came at her. Thinking quick, she dodged round it and headbutted a third who lumbered towards her. It recoiled, giving her just enough time to catch her breath and ready her weapon once more.

“Come on then, you big saggy wart! Come get a taste of my steel!” It lurched forward, lips curled into a snarl. True to her word, Tulla rammed her sword into its mouth, half her stubby arm disappearing into its mouth before she could yank herself free.

Week One Tally

Shortsword:  6 workouts completed this week (5 were home workouts, but I was forgetting the 1 gym workout I did manage to get in at the start of this isolating mess, so she deals the full 7 Points of Damage. 

Gnome Cunning:  I did meal prep, but missed one proper lunch and so I think I deal 3 Points of Damage to the grimlocks, but avoid taking any damage.

Second Wind: I didn't miss a day here at all, with either potion, so Tulla catches her breath before smacking out another 8 Points of Damage

Total Damage Dealt: 18

HP Left after Round One: 12/12

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

Taking a stroll into the woods always reminds Rathin of his days at camp before he stumbled unto that temple. His reminiscing was interrupted when he heard the sounds of a battle erupting and something monstrous cried out. 'Ooo something is going on over here, I better check it out.' he thought to himself as he rushed to find the remnants of a Mindwitness' corpse, disappointed he sighed, "Awww, that would've been such a great fight." He looked up to see that he is in the company of a human and a half-orc. "Huh, I wonder what they're doing out here." He thought until the rumblings of grimlocks (and an exciting fight) took his attention. Hearing the human roar in a battlecry made him all the more excited as his eyes turned that dark red color, chanting in a dark voice he unleashes his Burning Hands cantrip. "Finally some action! I was getting bored!" He failed to see a grimlock clumsily swing at him pushing him back. "Clever girl... err I mean grimlock."

Attacks: 

Fire Bolt: I missed 2 days of reading. 5 damage

Burning Hands: Only 2 days completed. 3 damage

Sun Sword Combo: All 3 sets completed. 5 damage

Sun Arrow Strike: Run time: 36 mins 23 sec. 3 damage

Total damage dealt: 16 damage

HP remaining: 8/9

• Like 3

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Something was wrong. Guglug was sure he was fighting in a cavern, deep underground. He'd walked down those tunnels for hours to get here, hadn't he?

When he looked at the elf and the... tall gnome... they looked like they were walking in the sun. Guglug thought he could see leaves crushing under their feet, and the light was just, wrong.

The wizard was snapped back to the present with a nasty shock, as a club collided with the side of his head with a nasty crack. Dazed, he swung wildly back at the creature, missing by a clear margin. Taking a second to regain his focus he let out a thunderous burst of energy, throwing enemies away from him, and then charged into the fray.

Attacks for week 1:

Greataxe (workouts): 6/7 days = 4 damage dealt, thanks to missing a workout the day after the Christmas party

Catapult (protein): 5/7 days = 1 damage dealt - totally failed this on the weekend

Thunderwave (create): 2/3 sessions = 3 damage dealt - just missed out over the weekend again

Green flame blade (teeth): 4/7 days = 1 damage dealt

Defence for week 1: 

Absorb elements (foam rolling): 0/3 = 3 damage taken - totally messed this up, must do better

Dodge (protein): 5/7 = 0 damage taken

Total damage for week 1: 9

HP remaining: 6/9

Total damage for the party so far: 62/198 (5 dead grimlocks)

• Like 3

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

Belated scores for week 2:

Greataxe - 6/7 workout days = 4 damage dealt

Catapult - 5/7 protein shakes = 1 damage dealt

Thunderwave - 3/3 sessions of creating stuff = 5 damage dealt

Green flame blade - 6/7 days teeth brushing = 3 damage dealt

Absorb elements - 1/3 foam rolling sessions = I take 2 damage

Dodge - missed 2 protein shakes = no damage taken

A total of 13 damage dealt and Guglug is on 4/9hp :apathy:

@Starpuck @Rhovaniel @Red1263 sorry I've not kept up with you guys. How did you get on in week 2?

• Like 2

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

Spoiler

Ack, my scores are not going to be good either - I had a very bad end of week and start of this week...

Jera looked on as others arrived into the battle scene and an eager smirk crossed her features.  "Now we're going to have some fun!    Get to stabbing and smacking!  There's a lot of these, but they're no match for me and my-  UUURRRK!"    The wind sailed out of her as a hefty strike against her back rattled against her rib cage like it were some kind of grim xylophone.   'That's what you get for losing your focus child!' came an echoing reminded of lessons past.   Her next breath in drew pain from her wound, but she turned around to face the offender.   "That was a mistake."  Her eyes closed for just a moment as she loosened her grip on the spear, "The gales of the mountain persist, but I stand against them."  Her eyes shot open with a renewed focus as she lunged forward into the next melee.

Weekly Tally:

Attacks:

Blazing Spear - 2  Beat Saber Sessions, 1 Strength Session - Total Damage 3

*Straight up not 'feeling like' exercise, so I keep skipping it.  Also, some minor stomach woes for like 4 days, just enough to make me ookie about anything other than being lazy.

Focused Charge - 2 Gratitudes and 4 Devotionals - Total Damage 6

Biting Jabs - If I don't mark in my BuJo what days I do any art, I have no recollection of it.  Pretty sure I got 2 in only    - Total Damage 2

Defense:

Balanced Warrior - Food is NOT going well right now.   Ugh.  If I don't track, I also don't eat mindfully during this season, sooo   So 4/7 days met, Jera TAKES 3pts of damage.

Ending HP  3/7

Total Damage Dealt 11

• Like 2

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler