Greetings one and all,

I've never been good at these introduction things, but let's give it a try.

I'm a 27 years old man who used to do competitive swimming (I was far from an elite athlete, though) until studying started taking too much of my time.

To stay healthy, I fell into the "3x12 reps" trap, but without proper knowledge on progressive overload, so my athletic capabilities dropped.

Now I've been experimenting with various exercises and workout compositions for a couple of years and have regained a lot of my fitness and at some points surpassed my former levels.

I come to this place not for accountability or encouragement, but in the hope that I have found a place where I can get feedback and discuss workout ideas, and of course also share my experiences and knowledge with others.

One more thing: Can anybody explain the concept of guilds on this site? I've read what I could find, but still find myself lacking understanding.

• Like 1

Welcome! The guilds grew out of the five week challenges, as the forums grew the guilds were created to let people with similar fitness goals group together. Warriors were about strength through powerlifting/weightlifting, Rangers were a combo of cardio and strength, scouts were cardio, monks were martial arts, druids were yoga/mindset, assassins were bodyweight and parkour stuff, and adventurers were originally the newbie guild, but have become the outdoor adventure guild. Rebels were created later as an I'm-not-sure-what-I-specialize-in guild.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 12/4/2020 at 1:41 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Welcome! The guilds grew out of the five week challenges, as the forums grew the guilds were created to let people with similar fitness goals group together. Warriors were about strength through powerlifting/weightlifting, Rangers were a combo of cardio and strength, scouts were cardio, monks were martial arts, druids were yoga/mindset, assassins were bodyweight and parkour stuff, and adventurers were originally the newbie guild, but have become the outdoor adventure guild. Rebels were created later as an I'm-not-sure-what-I-specialize-in guild.

Thank u! I'm a newbie here too and don't understand the system of guilds, your comm enlightened me a little.

Hi Norell,

I am also 27 and there was a time when I enjoyed swimming very much. I even was the fastest one in class. But that was a very, very long time ago. I am living at a lake right now so I could easily start getting into it again.

Will join your journeys of challenges when you start them :)

See ya!

"The purpose of life is to be happy." - Tendzin Gyatsho, the 14th Dalai Lama 

Character