Scaly Freak plays with makeup and figures things out

I believe I have mentioned this in another thread, but for me the year 2020 has been a horrific tragicomedy of disasters arriving like dominos that fall one by one... each fall preceded by just enough of a pause that you start to relax in the false hope the domino will stay upright after all. And then it falls, and you didn't see it coming, and the fire inside grows brighter and hotter and slowly consumes you.

As a result of all the above, I need a break, and this December Challenge is perfect for that.

In my previous challenge, I started the process of figuring it out and I had made it to the point where this brilliant flow chart, that tells me I need to work on finding wisdom, actually is helpful. (Chart is spoilered due to size.)

Spoiler

serenityflowchart-happytrudgers.jpg

Because I need to take a break, I'm not going to do any challenge goals of my own in December. I will do the Mini Challenge, and I will do Squatmas (#DumbbellSquad!). Aside from that, I will play around with some new makeup products I've ordered, and some new techniques I found online, and I will use this challenge period to regroup for the next year.

While enjoying this theme song.

• Like 12

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

42 minutes ago, Scaly Freak said:

Because I need to take a break, I'm not going to do any challenge goals of my own in December. I will do the Mini Challenge, and I will do Squatmas (#DumbbellSquad!). Aside from that, I will play around with some new makeup products I've ordered, and some new techniques I found online, and I will use this challenge period to regroup for the next year.

It's a solid plan and I'm here for it.

• Like 2

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  34  35  36  37  38 

Regrouping and giving ourselves a chance to recover and prepare for what's to come without falling prey to overdoing is a pretty difficult and badass thing to do. I'm looking forward to discovering your techniques.

Also, your description of the year is totally on point. If you ever use your skills to write a book, I'll read it.

Have a nice fire quenching.

• Like 2

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

Not a trace of makeup today so far (tinted sunscreen doesn't count), so we're off to a great start to this challenge! :D 

It was my turn to pick up groceries, which means a mask, so I didn't put makeup on before heading out. And we are waiting for the new dryer to be delivered today, which means masks when the delivery crew arrives to install it, so still haven't put makeup on, because the mask ruins it. We'll see if I bother later on.

Have not particularly worked hard at figuring anything out, but had nice conversations with various people in the family this morning and in the afternoon.

Also trimmed a flanksteak and put it into a marinade made from olive oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, paprika, red pepper flakes, dill weed, rosemary, oregano, coriander, and I'm sure  there is something else I'm forgetting something. The flank steak will marinate for 2-3 hours and then I will broil it. This recipe is a first for me,  so I'm exited to see how it turns out. :) 

• Like 6

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

The pandemic really makes anything but eye makeup kind of superfluous, doesn't it.

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

On 12/5/2020 at 4:13 PM, sarakingdom said:

The pandemic really makes anything but eye makeup kind of superfluous, doesn't it.

While I wear a mask, yes. 

Since I work from home, and we quarantine pretty hard, I do a full face of everything on a regular workday. :) 

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

1 hour ago, aublovesyou said:

Agree with above comments- this is a challenge that's often one of the hardest to do, just taking time to rest and recoup and give yourself the space you need. Love the idea of working artistically with makeup and such! Hoping your December is the perfect break at the end of a really tough year.

Another makeup geek, perchance?

Hey, your post count says you're new here.  Welcome! The Rebellion appreciates all new recruits. :) 

• Like 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

Yaaaaaaaaas, playing with colors! 

I did super boring normal eyes yesterday for my trip out into The Public to match the rest of my grey ensemble. 

• Like 2

Level 77 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

7 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Also trimmed a flanksteak and put it into a marinade made from olive oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, paprika, red pepper flakes, dill weed, rosemary, oregano, coriander, and I'm sure  there is something else I'm forgetting something. The flank steak will marinate for 2-3 hours and then I will broil it. This recipe is a first for me,  so I'm exited to see how it turns out. :) 

Yesss, steak. I wish to hear how this turns out.

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the artist

10 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

which means a mask, so I didn't put makeup on before heading out.

This is my philosophy with shaving.  With a mask on, no can see your 5 o'clock last 3 days shadow

• Haha 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31Intermission [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

17 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Not a trace of makeup today so far (tinted sunscreen doesn't count), so we're off to a great start to this challenge! :D 

It was my turn to pick up groceries, which means a mask, so I didn't put makeup on before heading out. And we are waiting for the new dryer to be delivered today, which means masks when the delivery crew arrives to install it, so still haven't put makeup on, because the mask ruins it. We'll see if I bother later on.

Have not particularly worked hard at figuring anything out, but had nice conversations with various people in the family this morning and in the afternoon.

Out of habit, I kept putting makeup to go to the store.Only to have it all rub off on the make (eww) I'm finally out of the habit.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

14 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Another makeup geek, perchance?

I rarely do my own makeup but I do really like watching people do crazy cool stuff with it and I think it is really fascinating artistic expression for a lot of people! I want to get better at doing my own eventually :D

And thanks for the welcome! Just joined the forums a few days ago. Nice to meet ya!

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

This is my philosophy with shaving.  With a mask on, no can see your 5 o'clock last 3 days shadow

Same, my razor budget has really done great these last few months

17 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

MUST KNOW HOW IT WENT

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cowardly Assassin
Training Log | Challenges: Current8th, 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st

10 hours ago, Harriet said:

Yesss, steak. I wish to hear how this turns out.

33 minutes ago, PaulG said:

MUST KNOW HOW IT WENT

The marinade was a clear success, both in flavor and in how it tenderized the flanksteak. This will definitely be done again.

The broiling step needs some work... I hardly ever use the broiler, and the flank steak was uneven in thickness. The thickest part was a lot more rare than Husband and I prefer.  Since the steak itself was too big for the two of us, that part became leftovers, and those will probably be pan fried and become burrito filling later today.

• Like 6

Book Riot Challenge 2021

3 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Oooh a makeup playing challenge, fun! What videos inspired you?

None, really. I follow a couple of makeup "influencers" on YouTube, but I've done that for months, and done makeup every day, so that's nothing new. What's new for this challenge is I recently bought some new makeup, to replace products that are running low, and several of them are new to me, so I might as well have fun testing them out.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

Just now, Scaly Freak said:

None, really. I follow a couple of makeup "influencers" on YouTube, but I've done that for months, and done makeup every day, so that's nothing new. What's new for this challenge is I recently bought some new makeup, to replace products that are running low, and several of them are new to me, so I might as well have fun testing them out.

Ah ok, when you talked about techniques in the intro post I thought it might refer to specific videos. Either way, fun challenge!

6 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Ah ok, when you talked about techniques in the intro post I thought it might refer to specific videos. Either way, fun challenge!

It might, just lots of them. Said YouTubers do a lot of tutorials and I might as well play while I can do it without looking like a clown at work.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

1 minute ago, Scaly Freak said:

It might, just lots of them. Said YouTubers do a lot of tutorials and I might as well play while I can do it without looking like a clown at work.

Unless you forget to turn off the camera. :D And now I'm picturing my coworkers' faces if I were to actually paint myself like a clown one day...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Unless you forget to turn off the camera. :D And now I'm picturing my coworkers' faces if I were to actually paint myself like a clown one day...

My work camera has shutters that can be manually closed or opened. I keep them closed, open them for video calls, and then close them again. :) 

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

Make-up is a complete mystery to me, but boy can I relate to the tragicomedy. In fact, every time I get another plot point added to my shit show I think of you. In a good way mind, a not alone kind of way. Though ehm.. obviously I’d be ok with not being able to think of you if that meant your 2020 had a couple fewer plot points... 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl dusts off her competition skills

my instagram - my gym's instagram