10 hours ago, Machete said:

Computer Science/IT. (But I'm totally telling people it's "Calisthenics Studies.")

I'm usually the dumbest person in the room, which means I get the most learning, so that's good. But I have a really hard time conceptualizing and I often need my hands on it for me to understand.

I started working in computers in 1999. So i have been into this stuff for over 20 years (sheesh i'm turning into an old fart!)

I did my certification for Cisco a couple of years ago, and i really like playing with the technologies. So if you ever feel like you are not getting stuff, i might be able to help you out, don't hesitate to ask!

• Like 2

... a little odd in the head ...

Assgined to the following Adventuring-Parties:

DryJanuary

WeightLossPvP

41 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

sheesh i'm turning into an old fart!

season 13 GIF

That's a two-fer for the IT folks out there.

• Haha 3

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Just now, Mr_Willes said:

I'm more of a "Get of my lawn"-guy

I question your IT credentials, then. I yell at the cloud frequently.

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

9 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

I started working in computers in 1999. So i have been into this stuff for over 20 years (sheesh i'm turning into an old fart!)

I did my certification for Cisco a couple of years ago, and i really like playing with the technologies. So if you ever feel like you are not getting stuff, i might be able to help you out, don't hesitate to ask!

Perfect! I'm going to have to log in more then! My current course is actually based off the CCNA curriculum, but there are occasional concepts that I miss because I totally bombed my Network Fundamentals class last term (I think that one was supposed to prep us for CompTIA Network+). 

8 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

THERE IS NO CLOUD: It's just someone else's computer | by Storj Labs |  Medium

Haha, this is exactly what my old-timer professor keeps joking about whenever the topic comes up. He was a pilot in the Marines in the '60s, and I don't know if he's aware that he's re-used the same joke that the only cloud computing is the computing done on a plane from the clouds like three times, but it does reinforce to us the concept of infrastructure as a service. Names can really be misleading.

• Like 2