Apparently if I am not here I don't do anything. 

Days lately consist of:

• wake up at 6:30
  • drive 40m to work
  • work 10+hours
  • drive 40m home
  • cook + eat dinner
  • be tired - by now it is usually past 8pm
  • Sometimes open my laptop and do more work
  • sleep

Also, the fact that it is dark at 4:30 pm does not help. 

Try to do some form of movement for 10m/day. Either walk, stretch, lift, whatever.

• Like 5

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

That schedule reminds me of my amazon warehouse holiday peak days.

Oof.

Glad you're back! :D

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

That is so much working. :[ I, too, hope there might be a reprieve soon? Do you have PTO planned for the holidays at least?

Are movement breaks a possibility during your work day? 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

14 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

I mean, none of us can really prove that any of the others exist outside nerdfitness. I myself am a bot.

14 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Days lately consist of:

• wake up at 6:30
  • drive 40m to work
  • work 10+hours
  • drive 40m home
  • cook + eat dinner
  • be tired - by now it is usually past 8pm
  • Sometimes open my laptop and do more work
  • sleep

Oh, that's a lot, and definitely not nothing. Coming home in the dark can't be fun. I assume by nothing you mean nothing nerdy or fitnessy? Are you up for squatmas?

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the artist

18 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

In that case, glad to see you're back!

She Hulk GIF - SheHulk - Discover & Share GIFs | Shehulk, Avengers  alliance, Hulk

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

I mean, none of us can really prove that any of the others exist outside nerdfitness. 

Bill and Ted Whoooa - GIF on Imgur

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

29 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Bill and Ted Whoooa - GIF on Imgur

Spoiler

From the stanford encyclopedia of philosophy on the problem of other minds: "Radical doubt may be thought to arise when one presses the third sceptical consideration, the possibility that an Evil Demon (or mad scientist) has contrived that all others apart from myself are automata/zombies—non-thinking, non-feeling individuals who move in a manner similar to the way I move. We can associate a ‘thin’ sceptical problem with the former doubt and a ‘thick’ sceptical problem with the latter (Avramides 2015). The former is a problem we grapple with in our everyday lives; the latter is a distinctively philosophical problem. It is the thick skeptical problem that leads to the possibility of solipsism—that I am alone in the universe."

But here's the real question. Since meditation is about emptying the mind of thought, does a zombie automatically succeed at the meditation mini challenge? And what percentage of their bodyweight do bots choose for squatmas?

• Like 3

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the artist

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

"...The former is a problem we grapple with in our everyday lives; the latter is a distinctively philosophical problem. It is the thick skeptical problem that leads to the possibility of solipsism—that I am alone in the universe."

people movie words live definition sonder eroma-rap •

My question, therefore, is does a realization of sonder heighten feelings of solipsism, or rather reduce?

It's quite possibly why we all feel like the protagonist of an RPG game surrounded entirely by forgettable NPCs.  🤣

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

But here's the real question. Since meditation is about emptying the mind of thought, does a zombie automatically succeed at the meditation mini challenge? And what percentage of their bodyweight do bots choose for squatmas?

Easy,

All of it. - Reaction GIFs

• Haha 1

[ Level ?? ] Thunderbro Maximus of the Thunderlords Legion

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

35 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Is it getting solipsistic in here or is it just me?

Very nice :D

27 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

people movie words live definition sonder eroma-rap •

My question, therefore, is does a realization of sonder heighten feelings of solipsism, or rather reduce?

What a nice word! I should say sonder is incompatible with solipsism.

27 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Easy,

Ah, of course, that's how it would be. But how do they grip it?

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Since meditation is about emptying the mind of thought, does a zombie automatically succeed at the meditation mini challenge?

Is it, though? It's a popular description, but not actually, I would argue, true. :D

• Like 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

And what percentage of their bodyweight do bots choose for squatmas?

44 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Easy,

14 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Ah, of course, that's how it would be. But how do they grip it?

general GIF

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

1 hour ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I first experienced this around 12 or so when I was riding in my parents car trying to wrap my head around the idea that all those other cars on the road had somewhere specific they were going, like how could there be that many PLACES (I swear I was not on any substances) for there to be enough destinations for all those CARS? 

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

22 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That sounds really rough. I hope work calms down and your 10 minutes of movement goes well. 

Thank you!

21 hours ago, spezzy said:

Jessica-Who-Missed-Me.gif (you)

giphy.gif (all of us)

SO HAPPY TO SEE YOUR NAME!

10 minutes of movement is PERFECT when things get stressful and busy like this.  Rooting for you! :)

I'M SO HAPPY TO BE BACK! Thank you for the warm welcome :) And yes right now 10 minutes is achievable and an improvement over what I have been doing :)

21 hours ago, Stronkey Kong said:

That schedule reminds me of my amazon warehouse holiday peak days.

Oof.

Glad you're back! :D

Ugh, I have some family members who work in an amazon warehouse and I do not envy them. 

P.S. Didn't recognize you because you've changed your name again.

8 hours ago, Harriet said:

I mean, none of us can really prove that any of the others exist outside nerdfitness. I myself am a bot.

Oh, that's a lot, and definitely not nothing. Coming home in the dark can't be fun. I assume by nothing you mean nothing nerdy or fitnessy? Are you up for squatmas?

Well... I mean, technically I have met half the people on this thread in real life. But mostly at CNF, which is still nerdfitness, so DEBATABLE if we exist outside of NF.

Nothing nerdy or fitnessy is correct. Some nerdy I guess. I did watch all of Avatar the Last Airbender I think since I was active last. Which was V GOOD.

Squatmas? Go on....

6 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

In that case, glad to see you're back!

She Hulk GIF - SheHulk - Discover & Share GIFs | Shehulk, Avengers  alliance, Hulk

I am glad to be back!!

6 hours ago, Harriet said:

Hide contents

From the stanford encyclopedia of philosophy on the problem of other minds: "Radical doubt may be thought to arise when one presses the third sceptical consideration, the possibility that an Evil Demon (or mad scientist) has contrived that all others apart from myself are automata/zombies—non-thinking, non-feeling individuals who move in a manner similar to the way I move. We can associate a ‘thin’ sceptical problem with the former doubt and a ‘thick’ sceptical problem with the latter (Avramides 2015). The former is a problem we grapple with in our everyday lives; the latter is a distinctively philosophical problem. It is the thick skeptical problem that leads to the possibility of solipsism—that I am alone in the universe."

😆

10 hours ago, raptron said:

That is so much working. :[ I, too, hope there might be a reprieve soon? Do you have PTO planned for the holidays at least?

Are movement breaks a possibility during your work day? 

13 hours ago, KB Girl said:

When is the light at the end of this work tunnel?

Well.... the thing we thought was the problem turned out today to be NOT THE PROBLEM. I am not sure yet if this is good news or bad news. It is possible we have to send hardware back to a vendor for a fix, which means I'm not testing the rest of the year. In that case I would like to take PTO the week of the 21st and go see my family.  (We get paid holiday the 25th-1st).  If not, I'm still crunching away and probably finish this campaign by the end of January and can take a break then. It would be nice to take PTO as I am currently maxed out not accruing any more. Tomorrow should give me a better idea what this looks like. 

Movement breaks: really depends day to day. The big thing is when I am up at the test site (most days) it's not really the best place for it. Lots of dirt, bugs, etc. and it's a big open building where I don't have privacy like I do in my office. I do get to walk around a bit more, but wouldn't want to do anything where I'm on the floor at all. I could maybe work in some squat breaks or something like that.

Yesterday I did a 30m workout video from my gym that was recovery focused. They are live streaming workouts 2x/week and recording them for members.

I am about to do my 10m workout and just going to do some gentle movements. Probably some hangs and some down dogs at a minimum, but just gonna see how I feel.

• Like 5

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

There you is :) Thought I saw you kicking around the threads. 

Yay GIF by YoungerTV

Level 78 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

5 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Squatmas? Go on....

You know squatmas, don't you? Merry NF tradition? 50 reps at 50% bodyweight on Christmas day, same with deadlifts on Boxing day:

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I first experienced this around 12 or so when I was riding in my parents car trying to wrap my head around the idea that all those other cars on the road had somewhere specific they were going, like how could there be that many PLACES (I swear I was not on any substances) for there to be enough destinations for all those CARS? 

I have that when i go driving around to other countries, and pass large Industrial area's. How come there is so much work to be done, businesses rely on other businesses, who rely on other businesses for work, who rely on consumers buying things, to keep the businesses going. Do we even consume that much to keep ALL of those businesses going? And there are so many people everywhere. They are all a very small cog in a huge economy. It's mind baffling to me.

16 hours ago, Harriet said:

I can vouch for that, i'm the bot who reprograms other bots to seduce other bots to do Squatmas with us at the end of the year!

Inception Totem GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

... a little odd in the head ...

53 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

I can vouch for that, i'm the bot who reprograms other bots to seduce other bots to do Squatmas with us at the end of the year!

Live footage of Mr_Willes:

aroused international man of mystery GIF

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

Live footage of Mr_Willes:

This protocol isn't compatible with my software. I presume Mr Wiles, as bot-seduction-and-reprogramming-bot, has more than one seduction programme for maximum efficiency?