Workout Music...

Hello out there!

I was bit with the curiosity bug and wanted to know, what's some of your favorite music to workout to?

Here's a few of mine: 

Centuries by Fall Out Boy

Natural by ImagineDragons

Warriors by ImagineDragons

Believer by ImagineDragons

Awake and Alive by Skillet

Unstoppable by the Score

Legend by the Score

AHA! by PTX

Dies Irae by Karl Jenkins

Uprising by Muse

DNA Reactor by Pfeifer Broz

One Winged Angel REBIRTH Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Dream On by Aerosmith

You Know My Name by Chris Cornell

Smooth by Santana

Glory Glory Hallelujah

• Like 2

“The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. On occasion, some may be correct. But do not do their work for them. Seek any job; ask anyone out; pursue any goal. Don't take it personally when they say 'no' — they may not be smart enough to say 'yes.” - Keith Olbermann

Nice shout out to Skillet, Awake and Alive is a pretty awesome song.

I'd like to thank @ReturnOfTheDad for posting "The Score - Shakedown" in one of his past posts on the forum. Thank you for introducing me to that band because I love a lot of their tracks.

Do kids still use MP3 players to listen to music at the gym or is it Apple Iphones and wireless ear buds nowadays?

Y.M.C.A. by the Village People

Sham Pain, Blue on Black, Cradle to the Grave by Five Fingered Death Punch  

Indestructible, Stupify, Shout, Inside the Fire by Disturbed

Bulletproof by Godsmack

Hero, Rebirthing, Whispers in the Dark, Falling Inside the Black by Skillet

All-Star by Smash Mouth

Stayin' Alive by the BeeGee's

You Can't Touch This by MC Hammer

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, RubiksCat said:

Nice shout out to Skillet, Awake and Alive is a pretty awesome song.

I'd like to thank @ReturnOfTheDad for posting "The Score - Shakedown" in one of his past posts on the forum. Thank you for introducing me to that band because I love a lot of their tracks.

Do kids still use MP3 players to listen to music at the gym or is it Apple Iphones and wireless ear buds nowadays?

Y.M.C.A. by the Village People

Sham Pain, Blue on Black, Cradle to the Grave by Five Fingered Death Punch  

Indestructible, Stupify, Shout, Inside the Fire by Metallica

Bulletproof by Godsmack

Hero, Rebirthing, Whispers in the Dark, Falling Inside the Black by Skillet

All-Star by Smash Mouth

Stayin' Alive by the BeeGee's

You Can't Touch This by MC Hammer

Great list! 

Seriously, I have no idea what "kids" use...

I use anything that works 😅

I still use my MP3 because my iphone doesn't have a proper earbud part...and the wireless ear buds always fall out so I just gave up and went Old Faithful tech 😝

• Like 1

“The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. On occasion, some may be correct. But do not do their work for them. Seek any job; ask anyone out; pursue any goal. Don't take it personally when they say 'no' — they may not be smart enough to say 'yes.” - Keith Olbermann

I was always a metalhead so Amon Amarth and Eluvetie and their ilk was always my jam, but lately I've been just enjoying soundtracks!  Anything Assassin's Creed (especially Valhalla) has been super motivating.

That said, I have loved The HU (Mongolian rock/metal) for a while too, and they've made a resurgence on my motivation mix.  Alongside them, I googled Samurai metal the other day and now I have a few more bands to check out 🤣

Samurai Playing Guitar - Coaster | Me By Me

• Like 3

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Lately I've been mainly been going on the threadmill or stationary bike, so I just pick any remotely alrightish sounding hype running music, to keep my tempo consistent :)

When I do bodyweight/KB/gym workouts, I usually listen to:

1. "Fit hop" (usually by Stic.man or Coach Nym)

Spoiler

In fact, here is a song that is by Stic feat. Coach Nym, it turns out :D

If I ain't aching and sore the next day I feel cheated
Like a fiend, fiending(?) my workout - I need it"

Oh yes!

2. Metal, like above-mentioned Amon Amarth, the Hu or any random soundtrack or compilation that gives me oomph when I hear it. (Checks Youtube... Oh my. I haven't listened to Alestorm in a long time :D .)

3. Sometimes (different types) of Rock, which Spotify classifies as Gymcore, lol

4. I like most of the other mentioned songs as well, - my musical taste has always been very very mixed - and other songs by the artists (Yoga by Janelle, Fitness by Lizzo), though I'll usually go for number 1 or 2 because I need pretty strong musical kicks in the behind to take care of myself and not get distracted during workouts :)

I use an Android phone and JBL in-ear earphones because I have always kept pulling regular earphones out by the cable, or they simply fall out. Weird ear shells, or something :D And it's fun to put YT video work-outs on the TV and not bother anyone else in the house with the sound. It took my cheap  frugal self a long while before I bought a pair, but I'm happy I did it :)

• Like 3

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 3 | STA 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 6

My workout music depends on my mood a lot of the time. I get obsessive with music easily and sometimes just get hooked on the same stuff on repeat. Right now, no matter what I do I'm all about Hamilton and/or Julie and the Phantoms Soundtracks. I've only been working out at home so I just use my TV and stream Spotify.  When I went to the gym or out and about, I used my cell and wireless headphones. I can't do the ear pods though because they always pop out so I also use weird ear shell things. :) 

If I'm not in a middle of an obsession, for cardio I lean towards fast paced or beat heavy music because I need something to zone out to. 

1. This will be the day - Casey Lee Williams & Jeff Williams (RWBY)
  2. Injection - Rise Against
  3. Hell Yeah - Rev Theory
  4. My songs know what you did in the dark (light em up) - Fall Out Boy
  5. Fake it - Seether

When I do bodyweight stuff I want something slightly more inspirational/motivational. 

1. Beast - Southpaw Remix - Rob Bailey
  2. Fire under my feat - Leona Lewis
  3. Remember the name - Fort Minor
  4. Indestructible - Disturbed
  5. Unbreakable - Fireflight

I also have favorites for warm up. These songs give my blood a little jump start and are perfect for me to stretch to or shake out the limps to. 

1. Up in Flames - Ruelle
  2. Americans - Jenelle Monae 
  3. Let 'em talk (feat. Eagles of death metal) - Kesha
  • Like 3

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

On 12/23/2020 at 3:32 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

I was always a metalhead so Amon Amarth and Eluvetie and their ilk was always my jam, but lately I've been just enjoying soundtracks!  Anything Assassin's Creed (especially Valhalla) has been super motivating.

That said, I have loved The HU (Mongolian rock/metal) for a while too, and they've made a resurgence on my motivation mix.  Alongside them, I googled Samurai metal the other day and now I have a few more bands to check out 🤣

Samurai Playing Guitar - Coaster | Me By Me

Great stuff! The rocking Samurai is EPIC! 

On 12/24/2020 at 9:46 AM, Athena said:

Lately I've been mainly been going on the threadmill or stationary bike, so I just pick any remotely alrightish sounding hype running music, to keep my tempo consistent :)

I've been doing treadmill and stationary biking and body weight training! And your songs are amazing!

On 12/25/2020 at 10:03 PM, Jonesy said:

My workout music depends on my mood a lot of the time. I get obsessive with music easily and sometimes just get hooked on the same stuff on repeat.

SAME!!! Om my goodness that's me too! 

I'll have to give all of these different songs a try!

Cool stuff everyone! heavy metal 80s GIF by RETRO-FIEND 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2020 at 1:32 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

I googled Samurai metal the other day and now I have a few more bands to check out 🤣

Wait, this is a thing? Really? Where has this been my entire life!?

For working out, I have a Pandora station called Barbell Music. It plays Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, Sabaton, Powerwolf, Gloryhammer, Jinjer, Archenemy, Amon Amarth, Unleash the Archers, and other bands that sound a lot like them. 🤘🏻

• Like 3

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

14 minutes ago, Athena said:

"Pandora is only available in the U.S. right now – but we are working on bringing our music service to other parts of the world."

It is quite a pain when travelling internationally.

• Like 2

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

I am one of those strange anomalies who does not enjoy listening to music to workout. Outdoor cardio I like to just immerse myself in my surroundings, although when I was doing very long training runs, I would take music along to help the boredom. But I'm not much of a distance runner these day. Indoor cardio is my TV time (WandaVision, anyone?) And when I'm strength training, I want silence. 

• Like 2

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

13 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Wait, this is a thing? Really? Where has this been my entire life!?

Samurai metal is excellent work music. 🤘🏻

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

15 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

For working out, I have a Pandora station called Barbell Music. It plays Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, Sabaton, Powerwolf, Gloryhammer, Jinjer, Archenemy, Amon Amarth, Unleash the Archers, and other bands that sound a lot like them. 🤘🏻

You lost me in the beginning, but it just kept getting better toward the end so I'll forgive it ;) 

I made a new spotify playlist inspired by my challenge RPG character that features a lot of Corvus Corvax, Eluveitie, Ensiferum, The Hu, Hanggai, Tenneger Calvary, and a few other pagan metal bands.  Deadly 🤘

2 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Samurai metal is excellent work music. 🤘🏻

Discover any new favorites?

• Like 2

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

7 minutes ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Discover any new favorites?

Too soon to say.... Gotsu Totsu Kotsu are the only ones I've been actively looking for more of, so they're the frontrunners, I guess?

• Like 2

Oooooh I love my workout playlists.  I like to come up with a new one each year.  Though I'd quite happily keep listening to the same one for years on end... I seem to be alone in not liking the metal theme though.

I'm not a rap fan, but Lose Yourself by Eminem is THE GREATEST track for a five minute sustained blast of cardio.  

Other features in my current playlist:

Hazard to Myself by Illy

Ubu by Methyl Ethyl

Don't Stop Me Now by Queen

Delilah by Florence and the Machine

Only Human by Rag'n'Bone Man

Shoot The Runner by Kasabian

Supermassive Black Hole by Muse

19-20-20 by The Grates

I Need A Hero by Bonnie Tyler

Birds of Prey by Bertie Blackman

And others.  My taste is... eclectic I guess.  But they all have a solid driving beat.

• Like 1

My current fave is an 80s playlist of workout songs: 

I find 80s music uplifting and energising - 'Gloria' is my morning alarm because it makes me jump out of bed and want to move!

I don't always listen to music while working out - I don't mind a quiet run with just the sounds of nature - but particularly when I'm just working through a HIIT routine in my bedroom (thank you, lockdown) a bit of music helps make it feel less depressing. Although I sometimes forget what I'm doing and wind up just dancing about the room to one of my favourite tracks (looking at YOU,  I Think We're Alone Now...) :D

• Like 2
On 1/22/2021 at 5:01 AM, Kiki Dee said:

I seem to be alone in not liking the metal theme though.

I think Artemis Prime said they don't like listening to music during work-outs. Don't know about musical taste. I certainly differ in what music I (do not) want listen to according to activities and moods and periods in life, a year, a week :D Also, 'alone' in a group of 9 people does not say much anyway

1 hour ago, Athena said:

Also, 'alone' in a group of 9 people does not say much anyway

Even if it did, I object strongly to even a hint of an implication that being dramatically different from everyone else in a group is a negative thing that either needs to change or be concealed. That kind of narrow-mindedness has no place in The Rebellion. :) 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Athena said:

I think Artemis Prime said they don't like listening to music during work-outs. Don't know about musical taste. I certainly differ in what music I (do not) want listen to according to activities and moods and periods in life, a year, a week :D Also, 'alone' in a group of 9 people does not say much anyway

Yeah, no musical workouts for this rebel. Metal's not a favorite of mine any time, but I won't object to it if someone else puts it on. If I'm in charge of the music, it can get pretty eclectic, but expect lots of showtunes and 90's country, with plenty of Casting Crowns sprinkled in. Unless we're trying to GET STUFF DONE in which case it will be instrumental movie soundtracks. 

• Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

14 minutes ago, Artemis Prime said:

Yeah, no musical workouts for this rebel. Metal's not a favorite of mine any time, but I won't object to it if someone else puts it on. If I'm in charge of the music, it can get pretty eclectic, but expect lots of showtunes and 90's country, with plenty of Casting Crowns sprinkled in. Unless we're trying to GET STUFF DONE in which case it will be instrumental movie soundtracks. 

I like videogame soundtracks for that as well...

And the full Final Boss fight theme from Yakuza 0  - spoilered because although the dialogue is muted, the subtitles give significant story spoilers. This entire franchise has magnificent music.

Spoiler

@Kiki Dee, here's some more Eminem for you :) 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Scaly Freak said:

Even if it did, I object strongly to even a hint of an implication that being dramatically different from everyone else in a group is a negative thing that either needs to change or be concealed. That kind of narrow-mindedness has no place in The Rebellion. :) 

I agree with you strongly on this one. :) Thanks for writing that.

That being said, I think most people want to know they are not different from everyone else :D 

It's a careful balance, for sure. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Athena said:

That being said, I think most people want to know they are not different from everyone else :D 

That's easy enough. We're all people, right?

• Like 1

On 12/23/2020 at 2:32 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

I was always a metalhead so Amon Amarth and Eluvetie and their ilk was always my jam

Hell yeah, Amon Amarth! I got to see them live back in 2016. It was like they coulda ushered me to Valhalla right then and there!

For those who love classic NES and metal, I cut together an hour-long playlist on one video for your enjoyment! 

SONGS:

River City Ransom - Boss Fight by Nestalgica

Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos - Battling Precariously by MOTHER BRAIN!

Mega Man II - Dr. Wily's Castle by RichaadEB
Final Fantasy IV - Boss Battle by Alexander Engström

Ninja Gaiden - Act 4-2 - Ryu's Determination by Daniel Tidwell

Final Fantasy VI - Decisive Battle by Daniel Tidwell

Wizards & Warriors (medley) by VomitroN

Final Fantasy VI - Terra's Theme by Vetivs

Mega Man X - Storm Eagle by Powerglove

Chrono Trigger - Frog's Theme by AstralWinter 

Street Fighter II - Guile's Theme by Daniel Tidwell 

ActRaiser - Fillmore by Charon

Battletoads (medley part 1) by MOTHER BRAIN! 

DOOM - Intermission from Doom by Andrew Hulshult 

Battletoads (medley part 2) by MOTHER BRAIN!

Final Fantasy V - Clash on the Big Bridge (Gilgamesh's theme) by FalKKonE 

• That's Metal 3
3 hours ago, Marf Norrelia said:

Hell yeah, Amon Amarth! I got to see them live back in 2016. It was like they coulda ushered me to Valhalla right then and there!

For those who love classic NES and metal, I cut together an hour-long playlist on one video for your enjoyment! 

SONGS:

Amon Amarth is my all-time favorite band and I've seen/met them 5 or 6 times now!!

But honestly, just like you, I'm jamming to the gamer soundtracks for workouts later.  I'm def gonna make use of yours for tomorrow!  💪

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1