In different worlds of Fantasy books and Anime series

Hello everyone,

its been five years that was active in this forum. Back then I fought with eating to much chocolate. After one fasting and finding a for me fitting nutrition program this is completely gone now. There is no craving for chocolate anymore. Unfortunately I completely stopped working out. I enjoyed it until three years ago. I went running and did some exercises at home or went to the gym. Not regularly but I simply started a workout when I felt like it and that was rather often. Now I don't do any workouts at all.

When I go for a walk I can feel my feet wanting to go faster and even run but somehow I just stay at walking.

Regarding my hobbies I am completely into reading fantasy books and watching anime.

I was jobless for five months this summer and I used that time to help other people learn German. Although I had no experience in it. I liked it so much that I started a very expensive course for teaching German. Now that I have a job back in my field (technical) the motivation to continue with the course is nearly zero. 

I want to get back to working out and I want to finish the course for teaching German (just because I spent so much money on it..).

Off into an adventure in RL again and not only in books and movies :)

"The purpose of life is to be happy." - Tendzin Gyatsho, the 14th Dalai Lama 

Character

Welcome back!

I am curious how your motivation for teaching German can go from so high that you would spend money on a course to get better at it, to so low that you want to finish only because of the sunk costs. Is it that your job takes all of your time and energy, or do you enjoy it so much that you don't feel the need for anything else? Do you think you might like to teach German as a side business if you had the time, or keep the skill as a backup for if your job is disrupted again?

• Like 1

It seems that we may have some similar goals (and a love of fantasy and anime).  

I used to run and enjoyed it immensly.  Not only that I enjoyed it, but it improved my mental health.  I haven't run in years.  I also feel the pull to run but just don't.  Maybe I'm scared.  Afraid that I will be too out of shape at this point. I'm not sure.  But I could really use an accountabilibuddy and wondered if you'd be interested in keeping in touch every few days to help each motivate each other and encourage each other to make some SMART goals?  

• Like 1
On 12/13/2020 at 7:33 PM, juliebarkley said:

Welcome back!

I am curious how your motivation for teaching German can go from so high that you would spend money on a course to get better at it, to so low that you want to finish only because of the sunk costs. Is it that your job takes all of your time and energy, or do you enjoy it so much that you don't feel the need for anything else? Do you think you might like to teach German as a side business if you had the time, or keep the skill as a backup for if your job is disrupted again?

The course is very demanding and difficult. On the one hand, this is something good, after all, I paid a lot of money for it. On the other hand, it diminishes my interest in it tremendously. Especially since my interests change constantly anyway. It's quite possible that I can put the course to good use afterwards. Strangely enough, this is not a motivation for me at the moment.

20 hours ago, Rowena Nightwolf said:

It seems that we may have some similar goals (and a love of fantasy and anime).  

I used to run and enjoyed it immensly.  Not only that I enjoyed it, but it improved my mental health.  I haven't run in years.  I also feel the pull to run but just don't.  Maybe I'm scared.  Afraid that I will be too out of shape at this point. I'm not sure.  But I could really use an accountabilibuddy and wondered if you'd be interested in keeping in touch every few days to help each motivate each other and encourage each other to make some SMART goals?  

That sounds good. I want to start a bullet journal and make plans for the upcoming year. Usually I start something and about a week later it's forgotten and something else got my attention. So I guess I wouldn't be a good accountability buddy but if you want to give it a try I'm in.

• Like 1

"The purpose of life is to be happy." - Tendzin Gyatsho, the 14th Dalai Lama 

Character