Setting up Your Account, Profile, and Signature

In this thread, we're going to talk about a few things:

1) Going through your Account Settings

2) Editing your Signature

3) Creating Your Profile Page

4) Understanding where everything on your "Profile Card" pulls in from. 

If you are looking for a specific topic, I suggest doing a control+f on this thread and searching for the item you are looking for! 

======================================================================

Quick note on profile information:  There are three different areas where Profile information shows up on the forums.  

First, we have your PROFILE CARD. This is what shows up next to your name when you post. It looks like this:

PROFILE CARD:

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 1.18.39 PM.png

Next, we have your SIGNATURE. This shows up under your posts when you post. it looks like just about whatever you want, but here is mine right now as an example

SIGNATURE:

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 1.33.47 PM.png

Lastly, we have your MEMBER PROFILE PAGE.  It looks like this:

MEMBER PROFILE PAGE:

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 1.34.42 PM.png

These are public, and what people see when they click on your name. 

In the next posts, you will see how to edit these to your liking!

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
  • spezzy changed the title to Setting up Your Account, Profile, and Signature

ACCOUNT SETTINGS

Let's start with your account settings, as this has two important pieces in it. 

You get here by clicking on your name in the upper right hand corner, and then selecting Account Settings. 

Settings_-_Nerd_Fitness_Rebellion.png

DISPLAY NAME

The first, and most important part, is your DISPLAY NAME. This is what shows up when you post, but also when someone quotes something you say. 

You can change your display name once every 150 days - so choose wisely! (If you need to change it for a safety issue, or something more serious than 'because you want to' - please reach out to an Admin and we can take care of you). 

To do this, click on your name in the upper right hand corner, and then select ACCOUNT SETTINGS. 

From there, the first option you'll see is to change your Display Name:

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 1.55.18 PM.png

EMAIL ADDRESS / PASSWORD

You can use these sections to change your email address and password

SECURITY AND PRIVACY / 2FA / SHOW ONLINE STATUS / DISCORD LOGIN

In the Security and Privacy section, you can:

• Set up 2FA through Google Authenticator 
  • Connect your account with your Discord account, so that you can log in using your discord credentials

Both of these are OPTIONAL, but available if you want to use them.

SHOW ONLINE STATUS:

There are some areas of the forums that show who is online. If you don't want to be listed in those lists, you can go under PRIVACY and  set your Online Status to HIDDEN. 

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

EDITING YOUR SIGNATURE

At the bottom of people's posts, you will see a signature. You can make this say whatever you want - if you're on a desktop, you can see mine at the bottom of this post.

You can edit yours by going into your account settings (click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the forums and then select ACCOUNT SETTINGS), then clicking on SIGNATURE, and you will get a WYSWIG editor to update it. It will also give you the option to turn off all signatures, if you do not want to see anyone's at all.

There are no guidelines* on what to put in your signature - it's completely up to you!

*Outside of the general Nerd Fitness Guidelines

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 1.22.48 PM.png

YOUR PROFILE PAGE

To edit your profile, go here:

spezzy_-_Nerd_Fitness_Rebellion.png

You'll be taken to your profile page. It looks something like this:

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 1.34.42 PM.png

UPDATING YOUR AVATAR/PROFILE PHOTO:

Click on the little "picture" image next to your current Avatar (or the default avatar). This will give you the ability to upload your avatar.

UPDATING YOUR COVER PHOTO:

Click on "Cover Photo" in the upper right hand corner of your profile cover photo (or default cover photo). This will give you the option to remove, add, or reposition your cover photo.

EDITING PROFILE PAGE ELEMENTS:

Next to the "Cover Photo" button, there will be an "Edit Profile" button. Click on that and you'll be taken to a page where you can edit your profile.  

Note: If you leave ANY element of your profile blank, it just won't show up. ALL elements are completely OPTIONAL. 

The first section you'll see here is "Character Details".

You'll see that everything in here matches up with the Character Details section on the left hand sidebar in your profile.  

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 2.49.48 PM.png

ABOUT ME:

You'll see an about me section with a big WYSWIG editor. You can put ANYTHING you want here and it will show up in the ABOUT ME tab on your profile. Don't see an ABOUT ME tab on your profile page? That's because you haven't put any information in this box yet :)

Some people choose to write a small blurb, some write their backstory, and others choose to put their character sheets here. Really, it's up to you - it's your profile! :)

CONTACT / SOCIALS:

If you want to include links to your Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter pages, here's the place to put them! They'll show up on the lefthand section of your profile page. 

YOUR PROFILE CARD

Your profile card shows up next to your posts. Here are all of the elements:

Discord_is_Live__-_Guild_Leaders_-_Nerd_Fitness_Rebellion.png

Info on how to edit all of these pieces are above, but as a summary:

Display Name - in Account Settings

Avatar, Guild Crest, Links to Challenge and Battle Log - in your Profile Page

Your TITLE, or RANK, is generated automatically based on the number of posts you have (as are the dots under your title). Here's more information on those.