Have a Question? Want to Request a How-To? Use this thread!

3 hours ago, Naxius said:

Is there a way to delete my old challenge threads? I can explain why in a DM if necessary.

If it isn't possible, is it against forum rule to have a second account? :P 

Shoot me a DM about what you want to do and why

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Are the challenge dates for 2022 set yet? And is there a place to see them? TIA

• Thanks 1

Sunrunner | LVL 0  *(0%)

“It was difficult to think about worshiping God when so many things were going wrong. Or maybe, she thought, this is the most important time to pray.”
Trisha White Priebe, The Glass Castle

Books in Progress: Just as I am (20%), An Echo in the Darkness (14%)

Inktober52 | 2024 Books completed: Unbroken

Spoiler

Roadmaps: 2024,2023 | Previous Challenges: 20,19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

On 12/6/2021 at 2:12 PM, Asha Phoenix said:

Are the challenge dates for 2022 set yet? And is there a place to see them? TIA

Not yet, but soon! :)

• Thanks 1
I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Hi.  I just joined the Journey and I’m working on the New Years adventure (resolution rescue) and I’m being asked to post on FB or Discord with #resolution rescue.  
Is there a pre existing thread that I need to go to? Or do I create a new thread?

this is all very new to me so if someone can point me in the right direction 

TIA

21 minutes ago, dianabb said:

Hi.  I just joined the Journey and I’m working on the New Years adventure (resolution rescue) and I’m being asked to post on FB or Discord with #resolution rescue.  
Is there a pre existing thread that I need to go to? Or do I create a new thread?

this is all very new to me so if someone can point me in the right direction 

TIA

Hi! 

Nerd Fitness Journey app/community is separate from the forums here. (You're more than welcome to hang out here, though :D)

The Facebook group for Journey is here --> https://www.facebook.com/groups/NerdFitnessPrime/

And the Discord invite can be found on this page --> https://prime.nerdfitness.com/prime-community/

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Hi I'm looking around the site and am on the email lists, currently attending a gym. Its very hard to find good workout suggestions for disabled or injured persons such as myself. I do understand that first its not the majority, and second disability/injury can take many forms, so designing a generic set is nigh impossible. 

For myself, a shattered elbow. I can't use barbells, do push ups, etc I tend to work cardio and core/legs. I would like to find where I can progress safely - ropes? maces? 

I do understand that one-to-one training is my best bet but are there any resources available on the site?

38 minutes ago, murth said:

Hi I'm looking around the site and am on the email lists, currently attending a gym. Its very hard to find good workout suggestions for disabled or injured persons such as myself. I do understand that first its not the majority, and second disability/injury can take many forms, so designing a generic set is nigh impossible. 

For myself, a shattered elbow. I can't use barbells, do push ups, etc I tend to work cardio and core/legs. I would like to find where I can progress safely - ropes? maces? 

I do understand that one-to-one training is my best bet but are there any resources available on the site?

As you said, obe to one training is your best bet. The Nerd Fitness coaching program might be helpful, but it's a paid program. If you ate getting physical therapy, the therapist may be able to reccomend things you can do to be active while you are rehabbing the arm.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

As you said, obe to one training is your best bet. The Nerd Fitness coaching program might be helpful, but it's a paid program. If you ate getting physical therapy, the therapist may be able to reccomend things you can do to be active while you are rehabbing the arm.

Hi and thank you for the reply. Not doing physical therapy, this is an old injury and I'm about 20% disabled, basically can't straighten it anymore but I don't want to baby it and wind up arthritic and atrophied. 

Soooo I kinda used up all my upload space. The forums are telling me to manage my attachments to free up room. But I can't find any management options on the attachments page, so I don't how how to delete uploaded things. What am I missing?

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Hi, for some reason i cant get the edit avatar option to come up when i press my profile image in my profile (like the guide says). Have tried on both ipad and android phone, no joy. Is this a known bug? Am i just being dense? Any help/advice welcome

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3

8 minutes ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Hi, for some reason i cant get the edit avatar option to come up when i press my profile image in my profile (like the guide says). Have tried on both ipad and android phone, no joy. Is this a known bug? Am i just being dense? Any help/advice welcome

Mine seems to be working. You don't have the image icon to the left on your profile page?

InkedScreenshot_2024-01-18-10-34-02_LI.jpg.84fd553acb95b85f70fa110ff23f9c11.jpg

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

1 hour ago, Artemis Prime said:

Mine seems to be working. You don't have the image icon to the left on your profile page?

Ok that looks nothing like what i get. Youve got alot of icons im just not seeing 
Am i in the right place?

thanks for replying. Ive been trying to work this out for days to no avail

spacer.png

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3

On 1/16/2024 at 6:18 PM, sarakingdom said:

Soooo I kinda used up all my upload space. The forums are telling me to manage my attachments to free up room. But I can't find any management options on the attachments page, so I don't how how to delete uploaded things. What am I missing?

Everyone who is an active member now has unlimited storage. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Sorry about that, you should be good to go now. I had tried setting up something to prevent brand new members from creating an account, uploading an advertisement as their profile photo, and never returning to the forums again, and my query didn't work as intended. 

Let me know if you still have any issues! 

Hi all, does anyone know how to get RSS feeds working? I clicked the 'subscribe to RSS' button in the 'content I follow' feed, but the link doesn't seem to work with my RSS reader.

ETA: this is the link that the RSS button gives me: https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/discover/3.xml/&member=48718&key=27a239ef922753f58d25d4d9a7213b05

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Downtime

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

On 2/1/2024 at 6:27 AM, Jarric said:

Hi all, does anyone know how to get RSS feeds working? I clicked the 'subscribe to RSS' button in the 'content I follow' feed, but the link doesn't seem to work with my RSS reader.

ETA: this is the link that the RSS button gives me: https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/discover/3.xml/&member=48718&key=27a239ef922753f58d25d4d9a7213b05

Hey Jarric! I'll check on this.  It looks like link is valid RSS. What feed reader are you using and I'll see if I can recreate the issue.

• Thanks 1

Ranger - Rheno - Rising Hero

Current Challenge

20 hours ago, titsworth said:

Hey Jarric! I'll check on this.  It looks like link is valid RSS. What feed reader are you using and I'll see if I can recreate the issue.

Hi titsworth, thanks for looking at this. I've tried half a dozen RSS readers from the Google Play store and none of them seem to work. I've definitely tried Feeder, and I think Feedly and a couple of others. Interestingly it does now work on the Slick RSS extension for Edge, but even if I then  export the feeds from there as an OPML file they still won't load on the other readers. 

If you can suggest an RSS reader available on Android that will work with that link I'm open to downloading a new app as the solution.

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Downtime

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up