14 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

The on that revises the skill perk trees pretty much changes it into a completely different game.

Thanks for the reminder!  I was trying to decide between SPERG or Ordinator, set the decision aside while installing other things, and forgot to come back to it.  Got Ordinator installed now.  

14 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

If you had to choose only 1, that would be my suggestion

..... 1 ?  Is..... is choosing only 1 mod even possible?!? 

(I'm at over 140)

• Haha 1

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

22 hours ago, Hazard said:

..... 1 ?  Is..... is choosing only 1 mod even possible?!? 

(I'm at over 140)

Wow...  I think I have 8 or 9 and I thought that might be a bit of overkill :D 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

6 January 2021

Replies first, then update.

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Wow...  I think I have 8 or 9 and I thought that might be a bit of overkill :D

Since you only have so few, would you mind listing them?  I still have space to install more. 😁

------------------

ZkcOM9x.png

Quest Progress:   I went from 13 seconds last time to 21 seconds this time, for a nice +13 seconds improvement on Rings Support Hold.

• Like 2

I Stand With Gina Carano

3 hours ago, Hazard said:

ZkcOM9x.png

Quest Progress:   I went from 13 seconds last time to 21 seconds this time, for a nice +13 seconds improvement on Rings Support Hold.

Great stuff! Keep up the great work!the lord of the rings GIF

• Thanks 1

“The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. On occasion, some may be correct. But do not do their work for them. Seek any job; ask anyone out; pursue any goal. Don't take it personally when they say 'no' — they may not be smart enough to say 'yes.” - Keith Olbermann

17 hours ago, Hazard said:

Since you only have so few, would you mind listing them?  I still have space to install more. 😁

I have the following:

USSEP (Unofficial bugfixing mod)

Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim

Wear Multiple Rings

A few expansion mods

• The Midden: Expanded
  • Moonpath to Elseweyr
  • The Forgotten City
  • Midwood Isle

CBBE

Anything else you have that you would recommend?

• Like 1

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26Nerevarine [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

7 January 2021

18 hours ago, Amazon Ninja said:

Great stuff! Keep up the great work!

Thanks!

7 hours ago, DoubleTrouble said:

Nice! For the first two sets of the rings support hold, are you limiting it to 9 secs? And the last set is AMSAP? How did you decide on 9 secs?

Yes, the first two sets were intentionally stopped short at 9 secs, and the last set done for AMSAP.    My support hold workout before that was 6s/6s/13s.   I basically split the difference between 6s and 13s to arrive at 9sec.  As another example, in yesterday's workout I got 9s/9s/21s, so spitting the difference between 9s and 21s my next support hold workout will probably look something like 15s/15s/AMSAP.

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Anything else you have that you would recommend?

SkyUI for better inventory management.   Duel Combat Realism has made combat feel more "real" and challenging.  TK Dodge is just really fun to use.  I've found Expanded Towns and Cities to be a really great addition to the game with the extra buildings, NPCs, and quests it adds.   I really like both Immersive Citizens and Guard Dialogue Overhaul because they've helped make NPCs feel less bland and repetitive.  And Immersive Patrols has helped make it feel more like there's actually a war happening.   I've enjoyed having Immersive World Encounters, which adds like 80 random events with a lot of variety that can happen when out in the wilderness.  Encounter Zones Unlocked is a really cool mod that makes it so dungeons no longer get "level locked" into whatever level your character was when you first entered them -- instead the dungeons keep leveling up as your character does, so that going back to dungeons you've been in before can stay challenging and fun.  

I highly recommend a little mod called  Move it Dammit for NPC Companions and Followers, which I'll let this video skit explain:

------------------

rTmwgEC.png

Quest Progress:   No direct rings training in today's workout.   I did advance to a more challenging CoC gripper though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I Stand With Gina Carano

3 hours ago, Hazard said:

Yes, the first two sets were intentionally stopped short at 9 secs, and the last set done for AMSAP.    My support hold workout before that was 6s/6s/13s.   I basically split the difference between 6s and 13s to arrive at 9sec.  As another example, in yesterday's workout I got 9s/9s/21s, so spitting the difference between 9s and 21s my next support hold workout will probably look something like 15s/15s/AMSAP.

Thanks! Is this a method you came up with yourself?

• Like 1

8 January 2021

15 hours ago, DoubleTrouble said:

Thanks! Is this a method you came up with yourself?

I've played with a lot of programs and progression methods over the years, so there's a good bit of stuff floating around in my head to pull from.  To paraphrase a saying, "Anything I do owes a little something to each of the people who influenced me."   While I've never seen anybody else doing exactly what I described in my last post, the training methods I come up with for myself originate from taking stuff, testing it, squishing it, molding it, and ultimately developing it into something that I like for myself. 

------------------

nFKRfEe.png

Quest Progress:   I advanced my deadhangs to doing full flexhangs instead, like I said I'd do, since I solidly broke 1 minute on the deadhangs.   I also decided to do the flexhangs with a sort of pseudo false grip, since I'll need to develop a false grip on the rings eventually anyway.   Might as well start that now and get my hands/wrists conditioned to a false grip while I'm working through my progressions.

• Like 3

I Stand With Gina Carano

On 1/8/2021 at 6:16 AM, Hazard said:

I highly recommend a little mod called  Move it Dammit for NPC Companions and Followers, which I'll let this video skit explain

I desperately need this MOD but unfortunately is doesn't seem to be available for xbox.  My current character is a necromancer with a skeleton army which means I currently can have up to 5-6 followers at a given time and man do they love to block doorways

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

On 1/8/2021 at 8:37 PM, Hazard said:

I also decided to do the flexhangs with a sort of pseudo false grip, since I'll need to develop a false grip on the rings eventually anyway.   Might as well start that now and get my hands/wrists conditioned to a false grip while I'm working through my progressions.

absolutely, but what is a pseudo false grip? Why not a proper one?

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

10 January 2021

16 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I desperately need this MOD but unfortunately is doesn't seem to be available for xbox. 

Yeah, I thought I remembered you mentioning xbox.   I'm using a PC.  I probably have more mods available to me, but I'd bet the xbox is a much more stable system to play the game on.   My character has spent most of his time so far standing in his skivvies in Whiterun waiting for the town to load.

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

absolutely, but what is a pseudo false grip? Why not a proper one?

By "pseudo" I mean:  I'm attempting my best false grip on the rings when in a flexed hang, while acknowledging that I'm not quite getting the grip right yet.   I can't flex on the rings while holding balls yet.  Once I've trained up some basic flexed strength on them, then I'll add in ball-gripping to improve my false grip.  That's my plan anyway.   Working with balls got me my false grip on the bar, so I figure it'll probably work for getting a good false grip on the rings too.

------------------

My shoulder hasn't bothered me in over a month, so I decided to add the flat bench press back into my strength routine on chest day again.  During my workout, to fight the mental ego crushing of having to restart the bench so low, I adopted the mindset that 160 is the highest I've benched so far in 2021, which is a new record for this year!  Ha!

YmCwSo3.png

Quest Progress:   A +3 seconds improvement on my Support Hold.  

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

I Stand With Gina Carano

8 hours ago, Hazard said:

By "pseudo" I mean:  I'm attempting my best false grip on the rings when in a flexed hang, while acknowledging that I'm not quite getting the grip right yet.   I can't flex on the rings while holding balls yet.  Once I've trained up some basic flexed strength on them, then I'll add in ball-gripping to improve my false grip.  That's my plan anyway.   Working with balls got me my false grip on the bar, so I figure it'll probably work for getting a good false grip on the rings too.

Ah right :) I hadn’t heard of using balls to train false grip, interesting! 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 8:06 AM, Hazard said:

Working with balls got me my false grip on the bar, so I figure it'll probably work for getting a good false grip on the rings too.

I had never heard of this technique, but seeing as I would really like to improve my false grip, I think I will give this a try

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

12 January 2021

On 1/11/2021 at 3:35 AM, KB Girl said:

Ah right :) I hadn’t heard of using balls to train false grip, interesting! 

20 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I had never heard of this technique, but seeing as I would really like to improve my false grip, I think I will give this a try

If I remember right, it was @Machete that turned me on to using balls to train a bar falsegrip a few years ago.  It works beautifully on the bar.  Can't speak for the rings yet, but I'll be trying it and we'll see.

7 hours ago, DoubleTrouble said:

How do you use balls to work on false grip?

Grip a tennis ball (or something similarly appropriate in size for your hands) in each hand.  Bend your wrists over the bar.  Place the spot on your body where your wrists & hands connect with each other onto the bar.  Your fingers shouldn't be touching the bar at all.    This is basically the falsegip position.   The balls are a training aid.  When you get good at pulling like this, you just stop using the balls.

------------------

I've got a big project ahead of me.  We've got both an internal harddrive and external harddrive nearly completely filled with a disorganized mess of years worth of pictures and videos.  Mrs H ordered a new 4 TB external harddrive in the hopes that I would go through the files, and transfer and organize them on the new bigger drive, including deleting duplicates, getting rid of any blurry bad ones, and going through the videos to trim them down so that we only keep the parts of the videos that we think actually have value (Keeping 30 minutes of three generations of family opening Christmas presents; sure.  Keeping the 10 minutes of camera footage when it was still recording the room after everybody left the room; nah.).    It's something we've been talking about doing for a long time.  The new harddrive arrived today, so now I'll finally be getting around to doing it.

iLywam3.png

Quest Progress:   No rings training scheduled on leg day.

• Like 4

I Stand With Gina Carano

On 12/29/2020 at 3:14 PM, Hazard said:

Steven Low, a gymnast who authored Overcoming Gravity (which used to be one of the go-to resources we talked about in the NF bodyweight circles years ago) has said he'd expect someone who can do around 10 good pullups and weighed under 150 lbs to be able to train an Iron Cross in somewhere between 1-3 years as a recreational gymnastics hobbyist, depending on how much time they can dedicate to the training. 

I never really specifically practiced the cross , but I do know I was always under 140 when I could pull it off (and doing more than 10 pull-ups 😝)

7 hours ago, Hazard said:

If I remember right, it was @Machete that turned me on to using balls to train a bar falsegrip a few years ago.  It works beautifully on the bar.  Can't speak for the rings yet, but I'll be trying it and we'll see.

I do remember recommending that to everyone when I learned it. Got it from Charles Bennington (yes, that's his name) from the old CF Gymnastics course.

Have you been doing any specific wrist mobility work? Some folks can't hold the false grip because they just can't get their hands to that position. But I think you've got the right idea with practicing it now. A  strong false grip takes a lot of ROM you'd otherwise have to pull over.

• Like 1

13 January 2021

10 hours ago, Machete said:

Have you been doing any specific wrist mobility work? Some folks can't hold the false grip because they just can't get their hands to that position.

I'm probably good there.   I've got decently bendy wrists.

------------------

Rm8C4Xl.png

Quest Progress:   11s on the flexhang AMSAP today with a falsegrip, for a +4 seconds improvement from last time.

• Like 3

I Stand With Gina Carano

16 January 2021

I'm excited to have moved up to the 25# dumbbells for head holds today.   On smaller DBs my fingertips curl under the head to provide some extra "lift" against gravity, and that extra support helps keep from dropping the DB.  The 25# DB's head is big enough that I can't get my fingertips underneath anymore, forcing me to use pure "grasping" strength to keep the DB from falling.   Which means the training wheels are off.  I'm a big boy now.  🙃

ioubw8v.png

Quest Progress:   No direct rings training on my deadlift day.

• Like 2

I Stand With Gina Carano

17 January 2021

Change of plans on the falsegrip training. There's a lot of pressure bearing down on the spot where the rings and body meet.   I was able to tolerate the discomfort/pain on the first day that I trained flexhang with falsegrip.  But I couldn't tolerate it at all today.  It was muuuuch sharper pain.  When I went up for the first set, almost instantly I yelped in pain and let go of the rings.   I gave it a few minutes, took a little more time setting my grip, tried again, with the same result.   Wasn't happening today.

My suspicion is that the last flexhang workout with attempted falsegrip probably caused something like an internal bruising that hasn't finished healing.  Whatever the case,  I'm treating it as a "you're not conditioned for this yet" situation.   I quickly came up with a new gameplan.  I'm going to be continuing my actual Challenge quest training with regular grip, since that's what I was originally intending to be using anyway.   Then as a Side Quest, I'll be following that with 2-3 sets of tennis ball work, only taking a step back in the progressions to train the ballgrip on deadhangs first.  I tested it out today for two sets and managed 7-sec and 9-sec deadhangs (no sharp pains) while gripping tennis balls.  That gives me base times for starting the rings ballgrip training.   It's also a far cry from the 1+ minute I can deadhang on rings now with a regular grip.  That difference in time alone nicely illustrates how badly my "false" grip on rings needs to be trained/conditioned from bottom level up.       

6TTw4zf.png

Quest Progress:   For the flexhang, this was a +6 seconds improvement over the last workout on the AMSAP set.  Though as I said above, this also includes switching back to using a regular grip.

• Like 3

I Stand With Gina Carano

Sounds like a good plan. Have you tried the false grip with your feet on the ground? That way you can adjust how much pressure you  put on your hands. 

• Like 1

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Seconding EG. We always have people start trying out false grip when doing things like feet assisted pullups, feet assisted MU progressions etc. Never had anyone not have decent false grip by the time they were ready for real MUs. 

• Like 1

19 & 20 January 2021

Replies first, then updates.

On 1/17/2021 at 4:18 PM, Elastigirl said:

Sounds like a good plan. Have you tried the false grip with your feet on the ground? That way you can adjust how much pressure you  put on your hands. 

On 1/17/2021 at 5:22 PM, KB Girl said:

Seconding EG. We always have people start trying out false grip when doing things like feet assisted pullups, feet assisted MU progressions etc. Never had anyone not have decent false grip by the time they were ready for real MUs. 

Feet assistance could be a good way to bridge a gap if I get stuck somewhere in my progression plan.   Thank you both for the reminder.  I'll keep that tool in my pocket in case I need it. 

------------------

ohrbRb9.png

Quest Progress:   No progress on the Support Hold times in this workout.  I would've at least had more total volume, but I misread my numbers from the previous week and capped my warmups at 16sec when they should have gone to 20s.   Mistakes happen.  No biggy.

Cukgpfy.png

• Like 5

I Stand With Gina Carano

21 & 23 January 2021

fI1tdzF.png

Quest Progress:   This was a +5 sec improvement on the full Flexhang

BXRYuZW.png

Quest Progress:   And for today's workout, I managed to nab a small-but-happy +2 sec improvement on the Support Hold AMSAP set.

• Like 3

I Stand With Gina Carano