Jump to content

Live Long and Prosper: Tank's Neverending Trek for Fitness and Health


Recommended Posts

Dang, page 3 already?  I'm here!

  • Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

 

Spoiler

 

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

 

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

 

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

 

Link to post

I'm wishing you all the good news you could ever hope for, brother!

 

Download Galaxy Quest Salute Gif | PNG & GIF BASE

 

Am I doing it right?

 

IRS payment of $27 million to frivolous tax return filers is no laughing  matter - Don't Mess With Taxes

  • Like 4

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Link to post
5 hours ago, Cheetah said:

giphy.gif

Welcome!

3 hours ago, Shello said:

Dang, page 3 already?  I'm here!

Glad to have you!

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Waiting for hopefully good news 🥰

Us too :) 

1 hour ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

I'm wishing you all the good news you could ever hope for, brother!

 

Download Galaxy Quest Salute Gif | PNG & GIF BASE

 

Am I doing it right?

 

IRS payment of $27 million to frivolous tax return filers is no laughing  matter - Don't Mess With Taxes

Happy Star Trek GIF

 You really ought to watch TNG (and trust me, tough it out for the first two seasons).

 

Today is a good day. I did NF Kettlebells, and I made myself do two full rounds with my 20 pound bell. It was difficult, but I had it in me. I really needed the movement and the revving of my pulse. We spent the day at home, which to be fair probably would have happened even without the quarantine order. We contacted our respective employee health offices. I believe I mentioned Sra. Tanque was told not to get a test unless she was symptomatic, and she'd have to quarantine for two weeks even if she got a negative test. I was told to come to work as long as I was asymptomatic (we already practice universal masking in the hospital, risk of transmission there is low). I specifically asked if I could still go get vaccinated tomorrow morning and was told as long as I was asymptomatic to go on in (and wear a mask, but I would have done that even if there had been no risk of exposure). I felt restless a few times, but the forums being so busy helped with that.

 

Dinner was very good. Remember, if you're hungry, or haven't eaten in a while, stop here and have a snack to hand.

 

I cut slits in the sides of chicken breasts (I know, I didn't sub thighs, but it was because I was stuffing them and thighs don't work for that) and stuffed them with a mixture of cream cheese, shredded mozzarella, pesto, sun dried tomatoes, and fresh basil. There was plenty leftover after stuffing them, so I put the rest of the mixture on top of the breasts. I put them into a 400 degree oven (for the record, I have to set my oven 15 degrees above whatever is called for, so the oven was set to 415) for 25 minutes. 

Meanwhile the recipe called for a salad to go with the chicken, but we weren't feeling salad. What I had was a bag of baby spinach. I also had a bag of frozen chopped spinach (loose, not the kind that comes in bricks and puts out way too much water), so I combined them in a skillet with avocado oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and white wine vinegar. When the frozen spinach was thawed and the fresh spinach was wilted I added milk, shredded mozarella, and cream cheese. I let it cook for a while then turned the heat down while we waited on the chicken.

 

It was all amazing.

  • Like 15

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post

image.png.535166f516b568b174b12498a80147a5.png
 

What about these guys?  I’m surprised it made it onto prime time. This was before sweating and naked butts on regular tv.........at least as I remember it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

 Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

 

"The only way to lose is to give up."

 -Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

 

 

Link to post
9 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Dinner was very good. Remember, if you're hungry, or haven't eaten in a while, stop here and have a snack to hand.

 

I cut slits in the sides of chicken breasts (I know, I didn't sub thighs, but it was because I was stuffing them and thighs don't work for that) and stuffed them with a mixture of cream cheese, shredded mozzarella, pesto, sun dried tomatoes, and fresh basil. There was plenty leftover after stuffing them, so I put the rest of the mixture on top of the breasts. I put them into a 400 degree oven (for the record, I have to set my oven 15 degrees above whatever is called for, so the oven was set to 415) for 25 minutes. 

Meanwhile the recipe called for a salad to go with the chicken, but we weren't feeling salad. What I had was a bag of baby spinach. I also had a bag of frozen chopped spinach (loose, not the kind that comes in bricks and puts out way too much water), so I combined them in a skillet with avocado oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and white wine vinegar. When the frozen spinach was thawed and the fresh spinach was wilted I added milk, shredded mozarella, and cream cheese. I let it cook for a while then turned the heat down while we waited on the chicken.

 

It was all amazing.

That sound delish! I will be trying it!

Also, I must confess I was telling a friend of mine about my favorite 2021 Rebellion challenges and yours was one of them. But she has never seen Star Trek anything.

I then asked her to watch Star Trek TOS with me and... she's lovin' it!!!

This was me: tumblr_oqyjwo8Ft71qa9qc7o2_r1_500.gif

And this is now her: tenor.gif

ANOTHER FAN TO THE TREK FANDOM! HEHEHEHE

So yeah, you've got someone else rooting for you!🖖

  • Like 6

“The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. On occasion, some may be correct. But do not do their work for them. Seek any job; ask anyone out; pursue any goal. Don't take it personally when they say 'no' — they may not be smart enough to say 'yes.” - Keith Olbermann

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Rinna said:

image.png.535166f516b568b174b12498a80147a5.png
 

What about these guys?  I’m surprised it made it onto prime time. This was before sweating and naked butts on regular tv.........at least as I remember it.

But remember? TNG wasn't on prime time. It was syndicated, which meant instead of being on Network hours local TV stations bought the show and showed it whenever they wanted. In my Market it was on Saturday night half an hour after the evening news. There were reruns on at 10:30 every weeknight too on a different station, so I lucked out.

2 minutes ago, Amazon Ninja said:

That sound delish! I will be trying it!

Also, I must confess I was telling a friend of mine about my favorite 2021 Rebellion challenges and told her about yours. But she has never seen Star Trek anything.

I then asked her to watch Star Trek TOS and she's lovin' it. 

Seriously, this was me: tumblr_oqyjwo8Ft71qa9qc7o2_r1_500.gif

And this is now her: tenor.gif

ANOTHER FAN TO THE TREK FANDOM! HEHEHEHE

So yeah, you've got someone else rooting for you!🖖

Star Trek is awesome, resistance is futile. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • That's Metal 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post
11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

As I always say to people in the hospital hoping to poop (a legitimate concern after intestinal surgery) It will all work out in the end.

 

Did you hear about the constipated mathematician?

  • Like 1

Cowardly Assassin
Training Log | Challenges: Current, 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st

Link to post

Fingers crossed for a little less positivity in your life. ❤️

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

                                                                                                                                                                 Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Link to post

Red Shirt reporting for duty!

 

... Wait.

  • Haha 5

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Link to post
Just now, Red1263 said:

Red Shirt reporting for duty!

 

... Wait.

 

awkward star trek GIF

  • Haha 6

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

Link to post
5 minutes ago, Red1263 said:

Red Shirt reporting for duty!

 

... Wait.

 

I miiiiiight have this shirt. 

 

zu45267185_main_tm1486406143.jpg

 

  • Haha 10

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

                                                                                                                                                                 Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Link to post
3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

But remember? TNG wasn't on prime time. It was syndicated, which meant instead of being on Network hours local TV stations bought the show and showed it whenever they wanted. In my Market it was on Saturday night half an hour after the evening news. There were reruns on at 10:30 every weeknight too on a different station, so I lucked out.

Star Trek is awesome, resistance is futile. 


I think I was in high school?  Wouldn’t have stayed up that late to see it.  But really, I just don’t remember I guess.   And some of those later ones we probably watched on AFN/AFRTS, who showed things at odd times.  (SNL came on at noon)

  • Like 1

 Level 20 Daywalker

Fitbit

Rinna joins the Fellowship to Rivendell      318.24/458

Spoiler

 

"The only way to lose is to give up."

 -Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up."

-Björn Járnhamar

 

 

Link to post

It came on right before bedtime in my market - I can’t remember if staying up late was part of TNG, or not - or which day it was on - but I do remember not being harassed for bed. Probably good, since I refused to eat my 4th birthday cake because Trouble With Tribbles was on reruns. I was so damn happy to see them again. My birthday wish did not come true that year. 🤣

  • Like 2

Level 71 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

 

Link to post
9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I cut slits in the sides of chicken breasts (I know, I didn't sub thighs, but it was because I was stuffing them and thighs don't work for that) and stuffed them with a mixture of cream cheese, shredded mozzarella, pesto, sun dried tomatoes, and fresh basil. There was plenty leftover after stuffing them, so I put the rest of the mixture on top of the breasts. I put them into a 400 degree oven (for the record, I have to set my oven 15 degrees above whatever is called for, so the oven was set to 415) for 25 minutes. 

Meanwhile the recipe called for a salad to go with the chicken, but we weren't feeling salad. What I had was a bag of baby spinach. I also had a bag of frozen chopped spinach (loose, not the kind that comes in bricks and puts out way too much water), so I combined them in a skillet with avocado oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and white wine vinegar. When the frozen spinach was thawed and the fresh spinach was wilted I added milk, shredded mozarella, and cream cheese. I let it cook for a while then turned the heat down while we waited on the chicken.

 

Delightful! Might actually go for that for dinner tomorrow...

 

  • Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

 

iatetheyeti's odyssey: part one || part two

 

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

Link to post

I watched TOS and TNG on reruns on cable. They were all out of order and whatnot though. I've thought about going back and watching them on Netflix or whatever streaming service they're on. I just haven't yet. I don't watch a lot of TV these days. I'm more likely to read a book or play a video game in my spare time. 

 

Although my friend got me hooked on an anime recently, so I've been binging that. 

  • Like 2

Heroine of Time

Height: 5'8  Weight: 315lbs

Current Challenge: RhiaWolfe and the Triforce of Wisdom

Previous Challenges: 12345678910111213141516171819202122

"Reach for the stars! If you only make it to the moon, you've still done good!" - My Dad

"Hyaaaat! Jeeyat-Hiyaaaah Hiet! Hyaaaaaaa Hiyyyyet! Hiyaaaaat Hiyaaaa!" - Link

Fitbit Profile * Good Reads

Link to post
8 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Red Shirt reporting for duty!

 

... Wait.

Lol!

But technically, you might live...if you're Uhura or Scotty! 

  • Like 3

“The world bursts at the seams with people ready to tell you you're not good enough. On occasion, some may be correct. But do not do their work for them. Seek any job; ask anyone out; pursue any goal. Don't take it personally when they say 'no' — they may not be smart enough to say 'yes.” - Keith Olbermann

Link to post
12 hours ago, PaulG said:

 

Did you hear about the constipated mathematician?

No, and I can't guess at the punchline, please enlighten me.

11 hours ago, fleaball said:

Fingers crossed for a little less positivity in your life. ❤️

Thank you.

10 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Red Shirt reporting for duty!

 

... Wait.

xlfncmlni6u41.jpg

10 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

 

awkward star trek GIF

tenor.gif

10 hours ago, fleaball said:

 

I miiiiiight have this shirt. 

 

zu45267185_main_tm1486406143.jpg

 

That's a good shirt.

10 hours ago, Rinna said:


I think I was in high school?  Wouldn’t have stayed up that late to see it.  But really, I just don’t remember I guess.   And some of those later ones we probably watched on AFN/AFRTS, who showed things at odd times.  (SNL came on at noon)

I was in middle school. I saw reruns in the summer, and watched the new ones on Saturday night.

8 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

It came on right before bedtime in my market - I can’t remember if staying up late was part of TNG, or not - or which day it was on - but I do remember not being harassed for bed. Probably good, since I refused to eat my 4th birthday cake because Trouble With Tribbles was on reruns. I was so damn happy to see them again. My birthday wish did not come true that year. 🤣

I really enjoyed the Deep Space Nine mashup they did with Trouble for Tribbles.

4 hours ago, iatetheyeti said:

 

Delightful! Might actually go for that for dinner tomorrow...

 

It was very good.

2 hours ago, RhiaWolfe said:

I watched TOS and TNG on reruns on cable. They were all out of order and whatnot though. I've thought about going back and watching them on Netflix or whatever streaming service they're on. I just haven't yet. I don't watch a lot of TV these days. I'm more likely to read a book or play a video game in my spare time. 

 

Although my friend got me hooked on an anime recently, so I've been binging that. 

162779-head2.jpg

1 hour ago, Amazon Ninja said:

Lol!

But technically, you might live...if you're Uhura or Scotty! 

22heon.jpg

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post
On 12/28/2020 at 6:54 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I've heard good things about The Orville but haven't seen it yet.

It is a cross between comedy (some really ridiculous scenes) and some very serious topics. From what I can remember from Star Trek, it is about similar. I think it is a skit on ST. I like The Orville spaceship though, the looks.

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

 

 

Stormie Omartian

"A wife's prayers for her husband has a far greater effect on him than anyone else's, even his mother's."

Link to post

As far as I remember, BBC 2 always had TNG at 6pm on a Wednesday when I was growing up, then DS9 joined it at 6pm on a Thursday as well.  Eventually Voyager came along on a Sunday evening too.

  • Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: #OperationWeddingSuit

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  

Link to post
On 12/27/2020 at 11:54 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I've heard good things about The Orville but haven't seen it yet.

 

It's a love letter to ST:TNG with an almost Galaxy Quest feel to it, but surprisingly poignant at times.  Totally worth a watch.

 

  • Like 1

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Link to post
9 hours ago, MrsVan said:

It is a cross between comedy (some really ridiculous scenes) and some very serious topics. From what I can remember from Star Trek, it is about similar. I think it is a skit on ST. I like The Orville spaceship though, the looks.

We need no longer fear the banana (something I remember from commercials for it).

6 hours ago, Big_Show said:

As far as I remember, BBC 2 always had TNG at 6pm on a Wednesday when I was growing up, then DS9 joined it at 6pm on a Thursday as well.  Eventually Voyager came along on a Sunday evening too.

Sounds like 6pm was a happy time for a while.

5 hours ago, Hazard said:

 

It's a love letter to ST:TNG with an almost Galaxy Quest feel to it, but surprisingly poignant at times.  Totally worth a watch.

 

I looked it up, and it's on Hulu for streaming, and we've already got Amazon Prime, Netflix, and CBS All Access (for Star Trek). We'd get Disney+ for Star Wars stuff before Hulu but a fourth streaming serivce seems silly.

 

Today is a good day. I'm off today again, but I did get the first round of the Covid Vaccine today (the Moderna one). No side effects other than some mild soreness at the injection site. I just looked and realized they gave me a minion band-aid and that made me happy. We had a chill morning, enjoying the leftovers from the chicken the night before. In the afternoon we went for a walk that we cut short due to impending rain that never happened. However, I did rake the back yard and filled up our organics bin. There is still one small pile of leaves that I'll put in the bin after it gets emptied tomorrow. I was gonna do Yoga but anyone who's raked leaves know that counts for a workout. Dinner was a dissapointing roast beef. The meat itself was good but the veggies were disappointing. I forgot to put it together in the crockpot until it was almost too late, and the rushed manner in which I put it together resulted in bland vegetables (baby potatoes and chopped carrots). The broth was good.

51Jtifn-wOL._SX313_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

 

  • Like 18

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

52

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to post

Glad to hear you were able to get the vaccine! Although  the roast beef was a miss the previous stuffed chicken sounds delicious!

  • Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Link to post

Picard is my captain. 

  • Like 1

Adventurer, Half-Dwarf Chaotic-Good Paladin

Ne me dites jamais les chances!  ¡Nunca me digas las probabilidades!

Character Sheet Training Logs Challenges Prepping for Adventure PrepAdventure Prep Fall BabyWhen Are We Again, Anyway?WhirlwindThe Leaf's LocusHarnessing Hamingja New Roots More Beginnings, More Roots Cleaning Up Facing The Hailstorm Yo Ho Yo The... Keto Life For Me? Taming the Beast Another Step Towards the Future Baking, Suburban Homesteading, and Health, The Adventurers of the Lucky Vale IIIIIIIVVVI, VII VIIIIX

Spoiler

Perennial goals: Sleep 7+ hours a night, retain (and continue to learn) French and Spanish as a family, increase Spanish Proficiency for work and play,  read like a maniac on my own and with my kids, carry heavy stuff

Long term goals: Cut to 13-15% bodyfat, And now that I'm grown I eat five dozen eggs, so I'm roughly the size of a baaaaarge! -> Someday I'll challenge a Disney world Gaston to a push up contest and win

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines