Beginning My Journey

Hi, everyone! I'm excited to have found this community! It looks awesome, and I'm hoping that having a group of like-minded people will help me stay motivated throughout the coming year(s)! 

A bit of background on me...I'm 38 years old. I got divorced about a year and a half ago (yay!) and currently live with my boyfriend (an amazing man!) and two of my three kids. In June, my oldest daughter moved out of the house after graduating from high school. I want to lose weight and be in better, healthier, shape for this next chapter of my life (and to give me the best shot at having as many years as possible with my boyfriend)! I'm currently dealing with a lot of stress in my life. My boyfriend lost his job in August, so we are currently a one income household. I work for a school district and am a part of the teacher's union both as the union secretary and as a member of the bargaining team (which is super stressful with all of the Covid bargaining we are doing). Also, my youngest kid has some very severe behavioral issues, and I am just about at the end of my rope with that whole situation.

I have a ton of goals for this year, and I already used those goal to build a smaller set of goals for the month of January. My plan is to use the time between now and January 1st to start setting up everything so I can be as successful as possible in 2021. I'm informally working on cutting back caffeine and increasing my water intake, and I'm going to start walking just to get used to the idea of walking every day. My big goals between now and the 1st are to get morning and evening routines established, because I know that having those will make everything so much easier!

Welcome! We are finishing up a challenge period here right now, which means that it is a great time to plan for the next one if you'd like to challenge with us! The idea is that you set yourself a few small goals for a month or so to keep it manageable and slowly build on them as you are able. It sounds like this is roughly what you're planning to do, so you'll fit right in. :)

• Like 1
On 12/24/2020 at 10:26 PM, juliebarkley said:

Welcome! We are finishing up a challenge period here right now, which means that it is a great time to plan for the next one if you'd like to challenge with us! The idea is that you set yourself a few small goals for a month or so to keep it manageable and slowly build on them as you are able. It sounds like this is roughly what you're planning to do, so you'll fit right in. :)

That sounds like a lot of fun! I will definitely look into joining the next one!

• Like 1