How to rebuild a Wolverine

1 hour ago, Lara said:

LOL!!
THIS IS NOT PAELLA!! 🤣🤣🤣

(by the way, do you really pronounce it like he does in english? Sounds weird)

The difference in pronunciation is subtle between mine and his. He has a minute pause in between each syllable, as though he used to say it wrong and someone corrected him. I listened to myself a couple of times just now, and the way I pronounce it is slightly different if I use it in a Spanish sentence (Voy a comer paella) versus an English one (I'm going to eat paella). 

Por ejemplo:

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The difference in pronunciation is subtle between mine and his. He has a minute pause in between each syllable, as though he used to say it wrong and someone corrected him. I listened to myself a couple of times just now, and the way I pronounce it is slightly different if I use it in a Spanish sentence (Voy a comer paella) versus an English one (I'm going to eat paella). 

Por ejemplo:

Thanks for the vid. Yes, it sounds similar. You both do this strange thing with the "e", which shouldn't be as long and doesn't represent the same sound as in english. It should sound more like the "e" in "red". And you also seem to do something to the first "a", that should be the name sound as the last "a". Curiously, last "a" sounds perfect.

Vowels are so weird

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Lara said:

Thanks for the vid. Yes, it sounds similar. You both do this strange thing with the "e", which shouldn't be as long and doesn't represent the same sound as in english. It should sound more like the "e" in "red". And you also seem to do something to the first "a", that should be the name sound as the last "a". Curiously, last "a" sounds perfect.

Vowels are so weird

What Spanish I know is Mexican Spanish, and Paellla isn't a word that gets used much in Mexico, and especially not in Tex-Mex.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

15 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

What Spanish I know is Mexican Spanish, and Paellla isn't a word that gets used much in Mexico, and especially not in Tex-Mex.

Who knows what would they do to a paella 😂 but as far as I know the pronunciation of this word would be the same in both dialects.

Anyway, nice video on the paella. Showed it to boyfriend and he liked it too

• Like 1

I have been saying "red" and Paella for the last five minutes.

Pa-e-ya, and not Pie-A-ya

Also, AWESOME job figuring out that Wolvie needed a little light to see everything was okay at night. Being sleep deprived and exhausted yourself, I think you are not giving yourself enough credit for putting yourself in her baby shoes and seeing the world from her PoV. You are such a good mama. 

and great to see the in-laws are completely unchanged. (eye rolls)

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I have been saying "red" and Paella for the last five minutes.

Pa-e-ya, and not Pie-A-ya

Well done! Now you can say it right, which is surely a lifesaving skill 🥘

18 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

and great to see the in-laws are completely unchanged. (eye rolls)

*sigh*

There is news in that front, but I'm too tired to talk about it today.

And, oh, also, HIIII!! 😊

• Like 2

I'm not well. Again. Night anxiety has disappeared, completely, but she's back to one hour sleeping periods. Only that now she does not get back to sleep in a few minutes, it usually takes a whole hour until I can get back in bed too. I'm desperate. I know that it will change, eventually, but I'm not being rational about it anymore, and I feel that it is just never going to happen. 

I haven't tracked much. I forget my meditation everyday, and I've stopped doing breathing cycles. Cold showers are still there because once I'm in, I work in autopilot.

Meals are better, almost all of my meals are healthy, although I'm experiencing terrible carbs cravings.

I haven't been outside much, either. Weather has been very cold, and there was ice everywhere, making it unsafe for me to carry Wolvie. I hope it will get better this weekend.

Things I enjoy: not much, aside from listening to some music and a bit of movement. This week I haven't read even a minute . I received an email from Andy (gmb) about the IS program and saw one of my old self-defence trainers, both things which made me feel... well, not well. 

On a brighter note, I was wondering why I wasn't breathless this morning after quickly climbing the four floors to get home, and then I realised I wasn't carrying my human dumbbell this time 😂 

• Like 3
On 1/14/2021 at 4:00 AM, Endor said:

Correct ... pronunciation ... is Pie-ella

Cool, looks like I am saying it right then. :P 

Glad to see the sleep anxiety is getting resolved.  I hope that quickly transitions into longer sleep sessions

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

4 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Thats Gordon Ramsay and he’s a grouchy chef who makes other people just as unhappy as he is. 😂

Aaaah, this is the guy we talked about once in one of @deftona  's threads!! He had put chorizo in a paella and had received dead threats from valencian paella fundamentalists 😂😂

Wait, is he saying pie-ai-ya too? 🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Lara said:

Aaaah, this is the guy we talked about once in one of @deftona  's threads!! He had put chorizo in a paella and had received dead threats from valencian paella fundamentalists 😂😂

Ha, no that was Jamie Oliver! 

Jamie Oliver tuitea 'su' paella y Twitter le recuerda que eso es "arroz con  cosas" - Guía Hedonista

• Like 1

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

27 minutes ago, deftona said:

Ha, no that was Jamie Oliver! 

Jamie Oliver tuitea 'su' paella y Twitter le recuerda que eso es "arroz con  cosas" - Guía Hedonista

You're right. But Ramsay's paella is WORSE!

Una “paela” con chorizo (cómo no), pollo, gambas, calamares y almejas. Para condimentarla echa un chorrotazo de jerez, que siempre anima, y unos chiles, porque nunca es tarde para confundir España con México.

🤭

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Lara said:

You're right. But Ramsay's paella is WORSE!

Una “paela” con chorizo (cómo no), pollo, gambas, calamares y almejas. Para condimentarla echa un chorrotazo de jerez, que siempre anima, y unos chiles, porque nunca es tarde para confundir España con México.

🤭

A big culture shock for me on my first trip to Spain was realizing just how different the word "Tortilla" is in Spain and Mexico.

• Haha 1

Current Challenge

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

A big culture shock for me on my first trip to Spain was realizing just how different the word "Tortilla" is in Spain and Mexico.

I can totally see your face when you were served "un pincho de tortilla" 😁

• Haha 1

1 minute cold shower. 2 breathing cycles. 

A thing I enjoy: FRC mobility (neck, shoulders, elbows, thorax, wrists, hips, knees, ankles). Also did some DR exercises. 

Wanted to go out but did mobility instead of walking. 

Healthy meals: all of them except mid-morning snack. 

How do I feel meditation: fell asleep during the relaxation part. 

I also:

Booked an appointement to check pelvic floor. 

Began Ball's book How to grow a human. 

Found a store selling the dap I wanted with a 70% discount because of a few dead pixels on the screen, but otherwise working nicely. 

Today was a good day. I slept almost 6 hours and that allowed me to be a normal person and do things normal people do (those of you fed up with baby sleep patterns, feel free to skip the spoiler part).

Spoiler

Yesterday evening we decided to let her spend the first part of the night with dad in the carrier (a thing we do when I'm way past my limit), that way I can go to bed on my own and sleep for more than three hours in a row. 

Now, I understand how being carried can help her sleep for so long without wake ups compared to laying in bed.

What puzzles me is how it also changes her pattern for the rest of the night, because after three hours she will nurse and immediately go to sleep in bed for another two or three hours, nurse again and sleep another good hour before messy sleep starts. Why?  

• Like 2

No cold shower. 4 breathing cycles.

Going out: nope.

A thing I enjoy: trying new headphones, although the prayer hasn't arrived yet.

Healthy meals: none, there was bread in every meal. And I foresee more difficulties on this since my boyfriend has decided it is a good moment to improve his cadielles casadielles.

How do I feel meditation: thrill. Exhaustion. Frustration. 

• Like 1